Women's World Cup 2023

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Women's World Cup 2023

Post by mate »

bret- hart wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:45 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:43 pm
bret- hart wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:42 pm Mate, When is Croatia going to start balling at the WWC?? I bet your women can tap Lether too. :taunt:
Mate is American. He supports the USWNT :taunt:
Those All American shemales aint winning a world cup anytime soon. He better abandon ship.

I agree USA won’t win like it used to. I think this WC is the inflection point. Athleticism and will to win aren’t enough anymore.

USA to women was never what Brazil is to men’s football. And the Brazilian men cannot win consistently anymore. It will be worse for USA women, who are falling behind technically, tactically, and in football IQ.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

damn life, the scorer of the winning goal it was announced after the match that her dad passed away, i assume today.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Olga Carmona: Spain's World Cup hero learns after final that father has died
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/66566564
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kendo
Egg
Egg

Post by kendo »

I came across this.

"The players never explicitly asked for head coach Jorge Vilda or his coaching staff to be fired, but it was clear the relationship between them was fractured. Instead of taking the players' complaints seriously, though, the federation instantly backed Vilda and criticized those who protested."

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/s ... 0protested
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:39 pm
3. Their team isn't better than my two countries teams. Also the pathetic Spainish women tried to get their coach fired for daft reasons. So I want their coach to win to throw it back at their faces, all because he is a disciplinarian
Anyone that can fry 3 sets of plantain without putting any in their mouth can keep a secret.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

King Futcha wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:38 pm damn life, the scorer of the winning goal it was announced after the match that her dad passed away, i assume today.
Damn! :(

Wha choo looking at?!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Damunk wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:51 pm
hestonap wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:33 pm
Thunder wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 1:43 pm
felarey wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 1:22 pm U17, U20 and world champions. Spanish domination. Testament to good youth development. England showed good effort but Spain were just better and seemed more likely to score in the last 10 mins. Well deserved.
The three world championships, at three different levels is a culmination of their adequate planning over the years. Take note, NFF!
Thunder temper your expectations. You can’t ask a people or organisation without a culture of planning but rather dependent on spontaneity, good luck and divine providence to have the ability to take note. Nigeria be it the NFF or government or society at large ain’t winning jack anything soon. All these competitions lay bear is the significant disconnect between our potential as a people and the sub-optimal output we consistently obtain due to our incompetence.

When you reach that conclusion in the depth of your soul, you learn to let go, enjoy competitions like this, grieve for 5 seconds when we crash out and move on.

The days of Nigerian teams sending me bed and being forlorn for weeks have long past. My heart is still scarred from Foxboro in 1994.

Anyway congrats to the Spanish, a very reluctant commiseration to the English as I am still working on the pettiness in me which I know will always without fail rear its head anytime the English play anyone on God’s green earth and beyond.
You are an honest man, unlike most.

I explained this before: my desire for either England or Australia to win wasn’t based on my personal ego or beefs.
It’s about my team, the SF.
Either of those teams winning elevates the SF even more in the minds of the world, but more importantly the self-belief in the minds of the SF players will go sky high.
Beating or outplaying the WORLD champs in a tournament of this scale nor be beans. :thumb:

Conversely, if everyone started beating them silly after knocking us out (like many here have been praying :rotf: ), it basically means they’re nothing special, so ‘twas no big deal what we did to them.

That’s how I see it.
My “pettiness” doesn’t dictate my emotions.
I get the personal issues most are dealing with though.
It’s just funny. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

But I’m sure the Japanese are feeling pretty cool right now.
4-0!
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Oh Damunk,

Nothing that happened in this World Cup can elevate the SuperFalcons beyond their stellar performances which spoke loud and clear🤔❗️

Cheers.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Queen Futcha wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:47 pm
bret- hart wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:42 pm Mate, When is Croatia going to start balling at the WWC?? I bet your women can tap Lether too. :taunt:
Those All American shemales aint winning a world cup anytime soon. He better abandon ship.
agent zero, did linda win the young player of the tournament? i missed the award presentation.
She was robbed but thats ok. I will take consolation on the fact that Linda Caicedo is better than all of the US players combined. Your overweight, overpaid, overhyped players are not good enough to braid her hair. :!: :!: :!: :!:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Rumours abound the Spanish FA President’s elation overstepped the boundaries. Trouble on the horizon.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Coach wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:22 am Rumours abound the Spanish FA President’s elation overstepped the boundaries. Trouble on the horizon.
If the lady who was kissed isn’t complaining, why should anyone else complain❓🤷🏾‍♀️❗️

Cheers
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

wiseone wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:26 am
...what a sad new in the midst of huge celebration.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

bret- hart wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:35 am
Queen Futcha wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:47 pm
agent zero, did linda win the young player of the tournament? i missed the award presentation.
She was robbed but thats ok. I will take consolation on the fact that Linda Caicedo is better than all of the US players combined. Your overweight, overpaid, overhyped players are not good enough to braid her hair. :!: :!: :!: :!:
speaking of braided hair, say it louder for the agents in the back
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:38 am
Coach wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:22 am Rumours abound the Spanish FA President’s elation overstepped the boundaries. Trouble on the horizon.
If the lady who was kissed isn’t complaining, why should anyone else complain❓🤷🏾‍♀️❗️

Cheers
She did.

https://www.bryantimes.com/sports/spain ... 9090c.html
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

this is the problem with women football. one small touch ,it is looked at as harassment. now instead of celebrating Spain , people are concerned about a kiss done during the euphoria of winning

She came out and said no big deal etc

SuperEagles

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

metalalloy wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:21 pm

Cheers
She did.

Doesn’t read like much of a complaint. They are making a mountain out of a molehill because it sells❗️

Cheers.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

metalalloy wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:21 pm

Cheers
She did.

...her complaint pale to her acceptance of 'it'.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

felarey wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 1:22 pm U17, U20 and world champions. Spanish domination. Testament to good youth development. England showed good effort but Spain were just better and seemed more likely to score in the last 10 mins. Well deserved.
The three world championships, at three different levels is a culmination of their adequate planning over the years. Take note, NFF!
Thunder temper your expectations. You can’t ask a people or organisation without a culture of planning but rather dependent on spontaneity, good luck and divine providence to have the ability to take note. Nigeria be it the NFF or government or society at large ain’t winning jack anything soon. All these competitions lay bear is the significant disconnect between our potential as a people and the sub-optimal output we consistently obtain due to our incompetence.

When you reach that conclusion in the depth of your soul, you learn to let go, enjoy competitions like this, grieve for 5 seconds when we crash out and move on.

The days of Nigerian teams sending me bed and being forlorn for weeks have long past. My heart is still scarred from Foxboro in 1994.

Anyway congrats to the Spanish, a very reluctant commiseration to the English as I am still working on the pettiness in me which I know will always without fail rear its head anytime the English play anyone on God’s green earth and beyond.

I explained this before: my desire for either England or Australia to win wasn’t based on my personal ego or beefs.
Either of those teams winning elevates the SF even more in the minds of the world, but more importantly the self-belief in the minds of the SF players will go sky high.
Beating or outplaying the WORLD champs in a tournament of this scale nor be beans
. :thumb:

Conversely, if everyone started beating them silly after knocking us out (like many here have been praying :rotf: ), it basically means they’re nothing special, so ‘twas no big deal what we did to them.

That’s how I see it.

4-0!

Aren't you going too far with these moral victories? Not sure Saudi Arabia has been elevated in the minds of the world when it comes to football. Afterall, they beat eventual WC champs Argentina. My italian buddy told me this yesterday. He said and I quote him exactly as I have his text message..."There is a say in Italy, that translated is something like that: to win is not important, it is the only thing that matters"

I laughed and just remembered SF and CE. An unfulfilled potential hurts more than when you lose squarely. I'm more pained the SF went out at that stage than the English feel losing the final to a superb Spain on the day.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

felarey wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:27 pm

Beating or outplaying the WORLD champs in a tournament of this scale nor be beans
. :thumb:

That’s how I see it.

4-0!

Aren't you going too far with these moral victories? Not sure Saudi Arabia has been elevated in the minds of the world when it comes to football. Afterall, they beat eventual WC champs Argentina. My italian buddy told me this yesterday. He said and I quote him exactly as I have his text message..."There is a say in Italy, that translated is something like that: to win is not important, it is the only thing that matters"

I laughed and just remembered SF and CE. An unfulfilled potential hurts more than when you lose squarely. I'm more pained the SF went out at that stage than the English feel losing the final to a superb Spain on the day.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: they will not let us rest because the Falcons won their 5th ever worldcup game since women worldcup started. Are you also aware the Falcons has the most defeats at the worldcup since 1991
SuperEagles

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:43 pm
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: they will not let us rest because the Falcons won their 5th ever worldcup game since women worldcup started. Are you also aware the Falcons has the most defeats at the worldcup since 1991
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Is that true? :lol: :lol:
People posted nonsense here after S. Africa, Morocco and Zambia lost their opening games. It would have been helpful to remind them of this factoid. :)
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Kabalega wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:26 pm
People posted nonsense here after S. Africa, Morocco and Zambia lost their opening games. It would have been helpful to remind them of this factoid. :)
Well, it is true since we are one of the very few countries that has played in all 9 WWC! Now, the real question is when is Uganda going to qualify? If Zambia can do it why not Uganda? We know you Southern African countries are useless and unathletic but Zambia and South Africa don't have two heads!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Undertaker wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:12 pm
Well, it is true since we are one of the very few countries that has played in all 9 WWC! Now, the real question is when is Uganda going to qualify? If Zambia can do it why not Uganda? We know you Southern African countries are useless and unathletic but Zambia and South Africa don't have two heads!
:rotf: :rotf:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Undertaker wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:12 pm
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles