Marco Van Basten V Ronaldo

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
mlkama
Egg
Egg
Re: Marco Van Basten V Ronaldo

Post by mlkama »

When Italians, who live on technique, and how to shut it down, nickname someone "the phenomenon", that should tell us all something. Ronaldo in full flight is to behold. We saw a hint of that just this weekend when he dribbled past 4 Depor players ... But you are welcome to stick with MVB whom I saw in his prime as well. He was a fantastic player, but Ronnie is far far better.
12LION wrote:Marco Van Basten is an intellectual's dream stricker 90% IQ 10% brute force- so he wins my vote by a mile. Ronaldo is the direct opposite 90% brute force and 10% IQ...I am sorry, Ronaldo may have won the WC with Brazil, but he is just not my kind of stricker. I like em smart.
PEACE!!!
12lion

The real deal wrote:Who is the better striker?
Waffiman wrote: PS: Milla couldn't hold a candle to Manga Onguene or Theophile "Docteur" Abega .
mlkama
Egg
Egg

Post by mlkama »

Are you sure you would find a brazilian who would agree with you? Cuz I doubt it, and that should tell you something. In Brazil, they rank players by how many WCs they have won, since Pele has 3. Ronaldo has 2 arguably, but he certainly has a silver medal too, and is 2nd all time scorer for the "Canarinhas". I love Romario as an innate goalscorer, but Ronnie pass him kwatakwata :) :).
atlas86 wrote:I hope that people discussing this topic had the chance to see Van basten's goals with ajax-den bosh, maybe the most beautiful bycicle kick i've ever seen, header against real madrid, volley against Dassaev, etc, the guy come from nowhere and put the ball in the net, ha had a unique style that i didn't see until now + i will say Romario is better then Ronaldo....
Waffiman wrote: PS: Milla couldn't hold a candle to Manga Onguene or Theophile "Docteur" Abega .
The real deal
Egg
Egg

Post by The real deal »

12LION wrote:Marco Van Basten is an intellectual's dream stricker 90% IQ 10% brute force- so he wins my vote by a mile. Ronaldo is the direct opposite 90% brute force and 10% IQ...I am sorry, Ronaldo may have won the WC with Brazil, but he is just not my kind of stricker. I like em smart.
PEACE!!!
12lion

12 Lion, talking about brute and brains and Big Ron, the phenomenon, watch this clip and mend your statement.......

http://www.footievideos.com/category/players/ronaldo/
Cujus esqulum, ajus es usqui ad inferos
atlas86
Egg
Egg

Post by atlas86 »

mcal wrote:
As at present, Ronaldo is fat and done with. See how he breath on close-up tv. Van Basten missed showing the world due broken leg.
That's the truth.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 27 »

mlkama
Egg
Egg

Post by mlkama »

So you are judging MVB on what might have been? Do you know what Ronnie would do if he was not fat? :) :)
atlas86 wrote:
mcal wrote:
As at present, Ronaldo is fat and done with. See how he breath on close-up tv. Van Basten missed showing the world due broken leg.
That's the truth.
mlkama
Egg
Egg

Post by mlkama »

The real deal, thank you.....Kai Ronnie....
The real deal wrote:
PEACE!!!
12lion

12 Lion, talking about brute and brains and Big Ron, the phenomenon, watch this clip and mend your statement.......

http://www.footievideos.com/category/players/ronaldo/
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

mlkama wrote:Based on what? The only thing Marco could do better than Ronnie was head the ball. Otherwise, Ronaldo is better in every other aspect. And he has capped it with a WC medal.
kolinzo wrote:No brainer, this na Marco van basten.
Put Ronaldo in the squad Van Basten played with and put Van Basten in the squad Ronaldo played with and see if Van Basten wouldn't have won the world cup! :lol:
On the real though, Marco Van Basten was the fine product. Try AC Milan!
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
Globero
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Globero »

Different era's, different accomplishments, different circumstances and definitely different players ! :o
From this day forth, I stand by the entity that is ARSENAL.
I'm in despair when we lose, I rejoice when we win and I become emotional for all that happens in between
but may no one dare say I was not there when its all said and done - Globero
kamerun
Egg
Egg

Post by kamerun »

it just depends on what kind of striker you like!they are both excellent with different attributes. like sm1 said here ronaldo might be better to watch but when it comes to scoring from any given angle ( so far as that ball is in the box) i will pick van basten. marco is trezeguet but in a much better version with better accuracy in front of goal, better speed and more skills. a team like chelsea currently would need sm1 like him unfortunetly he is not around anymore! make the least mistake in the box and marko will punish you. ill go for him...but very tight call indeed.
goat no fi eat where dey no tie am
r9ronaldo
Egg
Egg

Post by r9ronaldo »

May be Eto'o Vs V. Basten will be a good thread.
ikwerreman
Egg
Egg

Post by ikwerreman »

PEACE!!!
12lion

does this reaction of yours have anything to do with smauel eto'o?
mlkama
Egg
Egg

Post by mlkama »

Kolinzo,

We are not talking hypothetical situations b/c u never know what would actually happen. What did MVB do in the 1990 WC with Koeman, Gullit, and Rijkaard in the team?
kolinzo wrote:
mlkama wrote:Based on what? The only thing Marco could do better than Ronnie was head the ball. Otherwise, Ronaldo is better in every other aspect. And he has capped it with a WC medal.
kolinzo wrote:No brainer, this na Marco van basten.
Put Ronaldo in the squad Van Basten played with and put Van Basten in the squad Ronaldo played with and see if Van Basten wouldn't have won the world cup! :lol:
On the real though, Marco Van Basten was the fine product. Try AC Milan!
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

PLEASE MOVE TO WORLD FOOTBALL

Alaafin
Egg
Egg

Post by Alaafin »

wiseone wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:47 am PLEASE MOVE TO WORLD FOOTBALL

The OP was comparing MVB to the real (Brazilian) Ronaldo and not CR9...
Iku Baba Yeye; Alase Ikeji Orisa

He who has power over life and death; Second-in-Command to the gods
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »