Women's World Cup 2023

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Women's World Cup 2023

Post by 100%Naija »

bret- hart wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:55 pm
Undertaker wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:12 pm
Kabalega wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:26 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:43 pm
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: they will not let us rest because the Falcons won their 5th ever worldcup game since women worldcup started. Are you also aware the Falcons has the most defeats at the worldcup since 1991
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Is that true? :lol: :lol:
People posted nonsense here after S. Africa, Morocco and Zambia lost their opening games. It would have been helpful to remind them of this factoid. :)
Well, it is true since we are one of the very few countries that has played in all 9 WWC! Now, the real question is when is Uganda going to qualify? If Zambia can do it why not Uganda? We know you Southern African countries are useless and unathletic but Zambia and South Africa don't have two heads!
:rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Now they are accusing the Spanish manager of inappropriately touching female staffers during game celebration

You people haven't seen anything yet..by the time the equal pay women are done with men in football una eyes go open.

Last week they wanted the women coach to replace Southgate

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/22/football ... index.html

this is what the likes of damunk will support and condemn everyman out there
CNN

Video has emerged that shows Spain head coach Jorge Vilda appearing to inappropriately touch a female staff member during the Women’s World Cup final between Spain and England.

Moments after Spain’s Olga Carmona scored the only goal of the game, giving La Roja the lead against England, the footage shows Vilda in a celebration embracing with members of his staff, including a female staff member.

When Vilda touches her, he first has his left arm on her shoulder in a hug. Then, as Vilda turns his head away from the group embrace, his left hand drops down to her chest. He keeps it there for a moment, and then lets go.

CNN has reached out seeking comment from Vilda, the Royal Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) and the woman.

Despite Spain’s World Cup success, Vilda’s tenure as head coach – he was appointed in 2015 – has been hugely controversial.

The video clip comes against the backdrop of unrest between Spain’s players, Vilda and his coaching staff and the RFEF, which led to 12 of Spain’s biggest stars missing the World Cup.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: they will not let us rest because the Falcons won their 5th ever worldcup game since women worldcup started. Are you also aware the Falcons has the most defeats at the worldcup since 1991
People posted nonsense here after S. Africa, Morocco and Zambia lost their opening games. It would have been helpful to remind them of this factoid. :)
Well, it is true since we are one of the very few countries that has played in all 9 WWC! Now, the real question is when is Uganda going to qualify? If Zambia can do it why not Uganda? We know you Southern African countries are useless and unathletic but Zambia and South Africa don't have two heads!
Can we please stick to the topic of the Falcons losing record?
Zambia, Morocco, S. Africa and dare I mention, the Philippines :D have a better WWC win to loss ratio than the Falcons? :shock:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Kabalega wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:53 am
Zambia, Morocco, S. Africa and dare I mention, the Philippines :D have a better WWC win to loss ratio than the Falcons? :shock:
Not true. Do your research.

The way it is calculated:
Total losses = No of DNQ TOURNAMENTS X No of qualifier matches played per DNQ year
It boggles the mind what kind of figures will come up with you guys.

Don’t even try to do the maths. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

I wonder if we will hear much about women's football until the next WC? I watched a lot of the games, recording and getting up early. I actually enjoyed the games...in spite of the incessant social and political rhetoric coming with it.

Because of the latter, I won't spend $1 on women's football. I've no interest in attending club games. They need to learn a hard lesson about where pay really comes from...as I am so turned off by the doublespeak and doublethink of the women here.

They want us to believe the money is a common social pool. That their game is as competitive and advanced as the men's game. That boys should be inspired by them, when 15 years old can easily beat them. When goalies routinely let high balls go over their heads because many cannot even jump to touch the bar.

The icing on the cake is pressing all kinds of social issues in holier than thou way.

Emperor with no clothes stuff. I won't pay to watch.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Mate, I hear you. I want to watch the WWC as a sport. It can be draining to see every game prefaced by socio-political rhetoric as if the players are personally fighting for the right to vote and go to work. If I want political debate I can watch the BBC or CNN.

Anyone who thinks women’s football (despite its improvements) is as good as men’s football is on 💊. Men and women’s football are so different that they may as well be different sports.

Those who use the WWC to endlessly compare men’s and women’s football actually hold back women's football by needlessly highlighting the massive physical disparity between men and women, and giving fodder for some sexists to lampoon the women's game.
mate wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:01 pm I wonder if we will hear much about women's football until the next WC? I watched a lot of the games, recording and getting up early. I actually enjoyed the games...in spite of the incessant social and political rhetoric coming with it.

Because of the latter, I won't spend $1 on women's football. I've no interest in attending club games. They need to learn a hard lesson about where pay really comes from...as I am so turned off by the doublespeak and doublethink of the women here.

They want us to believe the money is a common social pool. That their game is as competitive and advanced as the men's game. That boys should be inspired by them, when 15 years old can easily beat them. When goalies routinely let high balls go over their heads because many cannot even jump to touch the bar.

The icing on the cake is pressing all kinds of social issues in holier than thou way.

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

mate wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:01 pm I wonder if we will hear much about women's football until the next WC? I watched a lot of the games, recording and getting up early. I actually enjoyed the games...in spite of the incessant social and political rhetoric coming with it.

we've heard a lot these past few months. Guess what back to the cupboard. I will only pay attention when the Falcons play , especially if they qualify for the worldcup. i am very confident, none on CE can name the 22 players who played last sunday's finals without using google.

Many here are just hypocrites. Let us be honest ALozie only got popular because Lauren James stomped on her butt.. just go read the comments the simps have on her tiwtter, IG etc. pathetic, sexist and borderline harassment
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Damunk wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:33 pm
Kabalega wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:53 am
Not true. Do your research.

The way it is calculated:
Total losses = No of DNQ TOURNAMENTS X No of qualifier matches played per DNQ year
It boggles the mind what kind of figures will come up with you guys.

Don’t even try to do the maths. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: This is Jakande school mathematics.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Let us get this right. You will not pay for women’s games because of “the incessant social and political rhetoric coming with it.” “Their social doublespeak and doublethink;” and for “ pressing all kinds of social issues in holier than thou way,”

So all these issues, rank higher than the lower quality of the game in your decision not to pay for the women’s games? :lol: :lol:

Indeed, the emperor has no clothes on. :)
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Kabalega wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:11 pm

Let us get this right. You will not pay for women’s games because of “the incessant social and political rhetoric coming with it.” “Their social doublespeak and doublethink;” and for “ pressing all kinds of social issues in holier than thou way,”

So all these issues, rank higher than the lower quality of the game in your decision not to pay for the women’s games? :lol: :lol:

Indeed, the emperor has no clothes on. :)

All of the above.

🙂

I’m the consumer. Fine by me if they don’t offer a product I’d pay for.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

In the UK, there were already rumblings from some quarters about how much Gareth Southgate (England manager) gets paid and why the England women's team manager is not on equal pay as him. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes