ABEG Squadron. Report for duty!

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ABEG Squadron. Report for duty!

Post by Coach »

@Tx, two words. Agincourt. John, Duke of Bourbon. Mine’s a scotch if you’re asking. Neat.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Man! That England provisional team doesnt look strong. And they are quite inexperienced. With tournaments, more often than not, experience comes in very handy - especially in knockout stages. Their defence and midfield looks quite weak.

Suprised he dropped his boy, Henderson, though.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Coach wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:08 pm @Tx, two words. Agincourt. John, Duke of Bourbon. Mine’s a scotch if you’re asking. Neat.

Tis Gareth "John Talbot" Southgate, and tis not Azincourt, nor Crecy :tic:

Castillon, bro. Castillon...

Beware the curse of summer :scared:
A full throated charge with all of Bellingham, Gallagher, Rice and Dodo :blink:

Decimated :drool: :drool:
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Bombs away Biggles. Gareth will stumble upon a 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 with all the shapeshifting splendour of the Ichchhadhari Nag. Form and injury will see Trent in for Walker, inverting to sit besides Declan Rock of Ages. Saka wide right. Prince Philip of Windsor Dennis Bergkamping off Harrison Ogbuagu Kane. Championship Jude Bellingham besides the Rock on which this church is built. Anthony “Anfonee, Antoine” Gordon leftie pure and honest.

Achtung Surrender!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Gareth, bouyed by the hord chanting Rule Bittania charges down with Bellingham, Gallagher, Rice and Dodo...

Then..

Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton (aka Gareth) flush under the chin!
Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak:

Hatton Wonderland. :sleep: :sleep:

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

danfo driver wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:24 pm Man! That England provisional team doesnt look strong. And they are quite inexperienced. With tournaments, more often than not, experience comes in very handy - especially in knockout stages. Their defence and midfield looks quite weak.

Suprised he dropped his boy, Henderson, though.
They have the most impressive forward line but in midfield and in defence they are lightweight. Gareth's best bet might be all out attack but a) he's a cautious man and b) they'll lose to the first decent team they come up against.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Coach wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 6:45 pm Bombs away Biggles. Gareth will stumble upon a 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 with all the shapeshifting splendour of the Ichchhadhari Nag. Form and injury will see Trent in for Walker, inverting to sit besides Declan Rock of Ages. Saka wide right. Prince Philip of Windsor Dennis Bergkamping off Harrison Ogbuagu Kane. Championship Jude Bellingham besides the Rock on which this church is built. Anthony “Anfonee, Antoine” Gordon leftie pure and honest.

Achtung Surrender!
..............Pickford.............
Walker...Stones...???......Shaw
........Trent........Rice..........
............Bellingham............
.....Saka..............Foden.....
...............Kane................

It'd be fun to watch.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Personally, would go left-field, 4-1-4-1:

Pickford

Shaw (if fit, if not, Gomez)
Stones
Walker (Yes, KW right centre!)
Alex-Arnold

Rice

Gordon
Bellingham (Championship Jude)
Foden
Saka

Harrison Ogbunigwe

TAA inverts to form the double pivot with Edgar Declan. Walker moves right of the back three, very capable to defend the channel. Shaw or Gomez can guard the left. Anthony "Kiptanui" Gordon running for days. Two 8s/10s, Prince Philip and Championship Jude Bellingham completing the magic square. Oba of all London, Bukayo Bamidele Bamiade Bamiola flying down the right, inversion, eversion, in between-version. Up top, High Chief, Triple Ogbuefi Harrison double Ogbnuigwe.

Game. Set. Match. Mayweathers? Mullered.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

packerland wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 11:30 am I still haven’t forgiven France for losing to Argentina. I wanted that WC trophy to still be absent from the little guy from Argentina’s trophy cabinet since they dashed him the Copa America.

I don’t care who wins as long as the following countries don’t win:

1) England- can’t stand their fans or media
2) Hungary- racist a$$ country
3) Portugal- Ronaldo
I agree with ya on France. That’s Kolo Muani that needs to explain why he didn’t win that game. I’ve come to terms with the island of my birth. Their fans and media are not much different than anywhere else my friend. Every nation hypes and overhypes its own. Hey they gave the world this great game that unites and divides so many across the globe, and they are on their way to the top, once they get a real manager. I don’t think Hungary is any more racially unrefined than any other country in the old eastern bloc. Those nations are still in the dark ages sadly
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Coach wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 10:22 am Personally, would go left-field, 4-1-4-1:

Pickford

Shaw (if fit, if not, Gomez)
Stones
Walker (Yes, KW right centre!)
Alex-Arnold

Rice

Gordon
Bellingham (Championship Jude)
Foden
Saka

Harrison Ogbunigwe

TAA inverts to form the double pivot with Edgar Declan. Walker moves right of the back three, very capable to defend the channel. Shaw or Gomez can guard the left. Anthony "Kiptanui" Gordon running for days. Two 8s/10s, Prince Philip and Championship Jude Bellingham completing the magic square. Oba of all London, Bukayo Bamidele Bamiade Bamiola flying down the right, inversion, eversion, in between-version. Up top, High Chief, Triple Ogbuefi Harrison double Ogbnuigwe.

Game. Set. Match. Mayweathers? Mullered.
You want to take defensive liability Trent and Shaw who has barely kicked a ball this calendar year to the Euros? Coach, with all due respect, very few can make yer grammatical elocution but this football thing isn’t for you my friend :mrgreen: hope you never are allowed anywhere near the vicinity of SGP for real!!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Pasted from another post, re: Best XI. Shaw out and Big George Gomez in. Very able defender. Guéhi an alternative but would imagine Gareth opts for Colvill.

Now to the meat of matter. Gone are the days of overt, guard up, batten down the hatches. Offence is the best defence. Counter-press even better. All is in the transition and transition has all within. England have the players and must pursue control, all else is defeat.

Southgate will without doubt peel another page from the scriptures of Old Testament. And in doing so, sentence all hope to the stakes of Golgotha. A generation set to be squandered by the waistcoated one.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

In addendum…Trent is a paradox. Defensively susceptible but arguably one of the finest passes of a ball since the Psalm of DB7. Baseline quarterbacking for willing ride receivers. Few better players of the ball over the top. Operation PreventaPress.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Coach wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 1:00 pm In addendum…Trent is a paradox. Defensively susceptible but arguably one of the finest passes of a ball since the Psalm of DB7. Baseline quarterbacking for willing ride receivers. Few better players of the ball over the top. Operation PreventaPress.
Coach you continue to make me laugh.
You’re touting Trent as a “Go Long Charlie “ over the top long ball merchant yet you want to start Kane, Saka and Foden, none of whom are legit threats to run behind with pace …

Laddie please stick to writing prose and football manager my good man … what’s your obsession with route one football?

If you had
Ollie
Gordon
Rashy
Sterling

On the field then I could understand waiting to counter with pace but none of the three you listed up front are blessed with breakaway speed
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

This is why a true Nigerian and a true black man will NEVER support England.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

danfo driver wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 2:31 pm This is why a true Nigerian and a true black man will NEVER support England.
In that case, judging by your rancid behavior, every Nigerian should be clubbed to death on sight. Luckily every Nigerian is not like you :mrgreen:

Wha choo looking at?!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

All of a sudden we can all see a skysport video in all locations. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Pathetic racists
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Then the insults as well, to put down our player and elevate their club. But we have Nigerians/blacks who will support their national team. Disgusting!

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Same was done to Joselu.

Its an English problem...

danfo driver wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 3:43 pm Then the insults as well, to put down our player and elevate their club. But we have Nigerians/blacks who will support their national team. Disgusting!

packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Sleaky72 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 12:13 pm
packerland wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 11:30 am I still haven’t forgiven France for losing to Argentina. I wanted that WC trophy to still be absent from the little guy from Argentina’s trophy cabinet since they dashed him the Copa America.

I don’t care who wins as long as the following countries don’t win:

1) England- can’t stand their fans or media
2) Hungary- racist a$$ country
3) Portugal- Ronaldo
I agree with ya on France. That’s Kolo Muani that needs to explain why he didn’t win that game. I’ve come to terms with the island of my birth. Their fans and media are not much different than anywhere else my friend. Every nation hypes and overhypes its own. Hey they gave the world this great game that unites and divides so many across the globe, and they are on their way to the top, once they get a real manager. I don’t think Hungary is any more racially unrefined than any other country in the old eastern bloc. Those nations are still in the dark ages sadly
I get you bro. If I wasn’t Nigerian, I’ll probably hate our fans and our media guys that ask stupid and irrelevant questions during press conferences :rotf: :rotf:
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

Sign me up! Can’t stand Inglaterra
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Knock, knock.
Who’s there?
Ball over.
Ball over who?
Ball over the backline with Alejandro steaming in you tapas eating tart. Bosh!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Funny that the same people that only follow the Epl are the ones that don’t want England to do well. Why? Is this colo withdrawal syndrome or what? Most of the football you follow and support so passionately is a product of England. Let them win. They deserve to win it all. WC and Euros.
OCCUPY NFF!!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:12 pm Funny that the same people that only follow the Epl are the ones that don’t want England to do well. Why? Is this colo withdrawal syndrome or what? Most of the football you follow and support so passionately is a product of England. Let them win. They deserve to win it all. WC and Euros.
Negro.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024