Who Is the Best ManU Manager since Ferguson left?

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Who Is the Best ManU Manager since Ferguson left?

Post by Kabalega »

I was just wondering?
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Who Is the Best ManU Manager since Ferguson left?

Post by Coach »

If not mistaken, Erioluwa Ten Hag is top 3 for win ratios. Was Top of the Pops after a century. Eledumare blessed him with tactic oh, Eric oh!
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Coach wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:43 am If not mistaken, Erioluwa Ten Hag is top 3 for win ratios. Was Top of the Pops after a century. Eledumare blessed him with tactic oh, Eric oh!
How much silverware has he brought to Manchester?
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^One piece of silver and plenty of comedy gold. Bullion.

Eledumare blessed him with Casem-o, Miro oh!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Kabalega wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 1:36 pm
Coach wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:43 am If not mistaken, Erioluwa Ten Hag is top 3 for win ratios. Was Top of the Pops after a century. Eledumare blessed him with tactic oh, Eric oh!
How much silverware has he brought to Manchester?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Arsenal fans do not speak in trophies. They dont even know what that is. 21 years, no title. 6 years - 1 trophy. :rotf:

We all know who has won the most trophies for United since Ferguson.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Ten Hag
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

joplass wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:09 pmTen Hag
Care to explain, Ten Hag?
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Kabalega wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:33 pm
For the first time since Sir. Alex's retirement I think we have a manager with a system he wants United to play with. As usual we don't give managers a chance. Fans want Untied to become Real Madrid overnight. It is not going to happen. I say give Ten Hag another year or two, let him build his team then fire him if he does not deliver after those two years.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

joplass wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 2:14 am
For the first time since Sir. Alex's retirement I think we have a manager with a system he wants United to play with. As usual we don't give managers a chance. Fans want Untied to become Real Madrid overnight. It is not going to happen. I say give Ten Hag another year or two, let him build his team then fire him if he does not deliver after those two years.
I see.
I find it puzzling the likes of Van Gaal and Mourinho didn't have systems they wanted to implement.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

More difficult for me than I thought but I will ignore the drama part and focus on what we saw on matchdays.

Best - Jose Mourinho.
I love the physicality and ruggedness of his team that came 2nd in the EPL and won the Europa league. The way his team bossed Pep’s Man City at the Etihad April 2018 was a masterpiece.

2nd - Eric ten Hag
We have seen the good, the bad and the ugly with his team. His good, to me, is the best so far but totally dependent on a stable back 4 of Wan Bissaka/Dalot, Varana, Lisandro (most important), Luke Shaw. Without that spine, his team is definitely at the level of the likes of Crystal Palace, Wolves, West Ham etc.

3rd - Louis van Gaal
Ego got in the way but since I chose to ignore the drama I would say he didn't have enough time to build his dream. I think there were about 12 signings and many never worked out as most of these, typical of United, never got proper pre-season preparation. However, he was the quickest to stamp his pattern on the team. We did not have to wait for 2-3 years to see a clear pattern and his pattern was not dependent on specific players, you see it regardless of the line-up.

4th - Ole
5th - Moyes. Never the right fit.

If all the managers are given 5 years each with everything being equal, I think Louis van Gaal would be the best. Just my opinion.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Kabalega wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 6:48 am
joplass wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 2:14 am
I see.
I find it puzzling the likes of Van Gaal and Mourinho didn't have systems they wanted to implement.
At least I did not see that.
What could have been Ten Hag's chances this season if all his key players were healthy.
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

YemiBrazil wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 12:23 pm More difficult for me than I thought but I will ignore the drama part and focus on what we saw on matchdays.

Best - Jose Mourinho.
I love the physicality and ruggedness of his team that came 2nd in the EPL and won the Europa league. The way his team bossed Pep’s Man City at the Etihad April 2018 was a masterpiece.

2nd - Eric ten Hag
We have seen the good, the bad and the ugly with his team. His good, to me, is the best so far but totally dependent on a stable back 4 of Wan Bissaka/Dalot, Varana, Lisandro (most important), Luke Shaw. Without that spine, his team is definitely at the level of the likes of Crystal Palace, Wolves, West Ham etc.

3rd - Louis van Gaal
Ego got in the way but since I chose to ignore the drama I would say he didn't have enough time to build his dream. I think there were about 12 signings and many never worked out as most of these, typical of United, never got proper pre-season preparation. However, he was the quickest to stamp his pattern on the team. We did not have to wait for 2-3 years to see a clear pattern and his pattern was not dependent on specific players, you see it regardless of the line-up.

4th - Ole

If all the managers are given 5 years each with everything being equal, I think Louis van Gaal would be the best. Just my opinion.
In my opinion, all other United managers wanted to either emulate Sir Alex's legacy or show that they could be better. Ten Hag to me he came and wanted to make United his team with his unique identity.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

YemiBrazil wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 12:23 pm More difficult for me than I thought but I will ignore the drama part and focus on what we saw on matchdays.

Best - Jose Mourinho.

2nd - Eric ten Hag

3rd - Louis van Gaal

4th - Ole

IMHO, the club backtracked on their agreed-upon long-term plan with Louis van Gaal. That cost them dearly. I think he needed less than 5 years to build a dynasty. Looks like Rattcliffe is fixing that club problem.

However, I have never come across a ManU fan who agrees with my sentiment.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Can we stop this injury excuse, it’s frankly embarrassing and unbecoming for Manchester United. Every team has injury issues. Ten Hag’s team is so poorly coached, it’s atrocious! A Shitty team one gear up would’ve beaten that team yesterday again. This team conceded the most shots against, but for the brilliant forwards that can score goals, they were more beatable than some relegated teams.
Even this FA cup barely happened. 3 goals up and they conceded 4 goals in dying mins to Coventry only to be saved by VAR. His man management and player decisions are just as terrible. Got rid of DeGea for a song, allowed his replacement to put Man Utd through the wringer even after he landed on AFCON bench. Got rid of Sancho and Greenwood, Bought Antony where Kudus was clearly the better player, wasted loads of money in the transfer market, beef with players like Rashford. Never knew what to do with Mount, Amrabat and Eriksen. His team was easily beatable, anyone could score, conceded goals almost every time.
He’s a small club manager with a small mentality.
Did anyone see the shellacking from Crystal Palace? Very poor team. Best for me are Mourinho and Ole.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

How did I forget to mention his treatment of Ronaldo. A true legend who tried to warn us that this guy is not it.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

felarey wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 2:54 am Can we stop this injury excuse, it’s frankly embarrassing and unbecoming for Manchester United. Every team has injury issues. Ten Hag’s team is so poorly coached, it’s atrocious! A Shitty team one gear up would’ve beaten that team yesterday again. This team conceded the most shots against, but for the brilliant forwards that can score goals, they were more beatable than some relegated teams.
Even this FA cup barely happened. 3 goals up and they conceded 4 goals in dying mins to Coventry only to be saved by VAR. His man management and player decisions are just as terrible. Got rid of DeGea for a song, allowed his replacement to put Man Utd through the wringer even after he landed on AFCON bench. Got rid of Sancho and Greenwood, Bought Antony where Kudus was clearly the better player, wasted loads of money in the transfer market, beef with players like Rashford. Never knew what to do with Mount, Amrabat and Eriksen. His team was easily beatable, anyone could score, conceded goals almost every time.
He’s a small club manager with a small mentality.
Did anyone see the shellacking from Crystal Palace? Very poor team. Best for me are Mourinho and Ole.
:lol: :lol: :lol: If I were Rattcliffe, I would immediately fire Ten Hag after reading this. :)
For sure, Mount, Amrabat and Eriksen played below expectations. The friction with players, rivaled Mourinho's and LVG. Heck, it even involved Rashford?

As for injuries, a team that spends like ManU, should have a decent bench so injuries do not affect them that much.
And too many injuries, could be a red flag of poor training and recovery methodologies.