Euros Harder to Win than WC?

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Euros Harder to Win than WC?

Post by King Futcha »

ohsee wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 11:52 pm
King Futcha wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 4:49 pm
Kabalega wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 4:10 pm
King Futcha wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 3:54 pm I first i thought it was nonsense but thinking about it I agree.

in the World Cup you win your group you may face say Nigeria if they manage to qualify then maybe a mid team like Mexico.

Euro route likely much tougher.
Which teams are you likely to face in the Euros?
This is not rocket science. The World Cup has the best European teams and the best S. American teams. That collection alone trumps the Euros.

Also, Europe sends the largest contingent to the World Cup. Add a few good teams from the rest of the world and it’s a no contest. :D

To make matters even worse, the World Cup has expanded in the new format. Truth to be told, Europe has only 4-5 good teams. The rest are average and will be found out.
best of south america? who is that exactly? there is literally one team outside of Europe that has a chance to win the World Cup, you're right its not rocket science, the euros are tougher, you as a neutral who will never view the world cup as a fan of a participant should see this. :)
Futcha da bitcha, shattap ya mout, and go and watch baseball. :mad: :mad: THE FIRST ROUND makes the world cup tougher. The entire world comes to the first round, knowing they can't win, and seeking to take the scalp of one major player by playing everything they know in the first round. The minnows tend to be unknown and to not play by the known rules. Giant killing by world minnows in the first round and round of sixteen is what makes the World Cup tougher. How can you say the euros are tougher when minnow Morocco just reached the semi-finals, taking significant scalps like Spain, Belgium and Portugal along the way?
clay stick to, to, what is it you're knowledgeable at again?

I agree the World Cup is more 'exciting' but the Euros are clearer tougher

look at the round of 16 matchups in the World Cup even you could have picked the winners of these games aside from Morocco.

Netherlands vs U.S
Argentina v Australia
Japan v Croatia
Brazil v South Korea
England v Senegal
France v Poland
Morocco v Spain
Portugal v Switzerland

the round of 16 in the Euros will be much tougher, not to mention you have the likes of Italy in this edition of the Euros who failed to qualify for the World Cup but the argument can be made that they were better than at least 20 of the participants in the 2022 World Cup.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

You are looking at things from a purely Eurocentric prism i am afraid. It's not a given that even the strongest Euro teams beat teams from other continents, especially when they don't have 'home' advantage. I don't know how many times the likes of Morocco, South Korea, Senegal have to upset big Euro teams to let that sink in. Never mind the fact that there's still Argentina and Brazil.

Surely you learned something from Qatar, African and Asian teams more than held their own.

Nigeria for example do quite well against Euro teams, we might struggle against the big boys but we match up well with most of the others.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

airwolex wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 9:48 am You are looking at things from a purely Eurocentric prism i am afraid. It's not a given that even the strongest Euro teams beat teams from other continents, especially when they don't have 'home' advantage. I don't know how many times the likes of Morocco, South Korea, Senegal have to upset big Euro teams to let that sink in. Never mind the fact that there's still Argentina and Brazil.

Surely you learned something from Qatar, African and Asian teams more than held their own.

Nigeria for example do quite well against Euro teams, we might struggle against the big boys but we match up well with most of the others.
I initially thought it was absurd to say the Euros are harder, but when you look at it objectively, there is some truth to it.

Off the bat, you're playing tougher competition, not the likes of Nigeria, South Korea, or Australia. Yes, sometimes these teams give a hard game, but on the whole, they lose. So, it's harder to qualify from the group stages in the Euros. Later in the competition, the only teams missing that can give the top Euro sides a hard time are Brazil and Argentina. But these teams are often not on form as they have their own admin issues. So, the initial stages of the Euros are tougher, and the later stages are just as tough as the World Cup.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Orion wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:34 am
airwolex wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 9:48 am You are looking at things from a purely Eurocentric prism i am afraid. It's not a given that even the strongest Euro teams beat teams from other continents, especially when they don't have 'home' advantage. I don't know how many times the likes of Morocco, South Korea, Senegal have to upset big Euro teams to let that sink in. Never mind the fact that there's still Argentina and Brazil.

I initially thought it was absurd to say the Euros are harder, but when you look at it objectively, there is some truth to it.

Off the bat, you're playing tougher competition, not the likes of Nigeria, South Korea, or Australia. Yes, sometimes these teams give a hard game, but on the whole, they lose. So, it's harder to qualify from the group stages in the Euros. Later in the competition, the only teams missing that can give the top Euro sides a hard time are Brazil and Argentina. But these teams are often not on form as they have their own admin issues. So, the initial stages of the Euros are tougher, and the later stages are just as tough as the World Cup.
That's a fair point. However, i think you are being a bit dismissive of how competitive teams in Africa and Asia are at the moment. Germany, Belgium, Spain, France, Portugal all lost to teams from Africa and Asia in the last World Cup. It seems to me there's no difference meeting Senegal or Denmark in the later stages of a tournament.

Nigerias record against European teams is exactly 6 wins and 6 losses with a few draws. We generally compete very well against them.

If you are looking at just names, then sure you might think it's easier
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Are you kidding me? :woot: In this current Euros the first round groups include chaff teams like Scotland(Beaten 3-0 by Morocco at WC 1998), Slovenia(beaten 1-0 by South Africa at WC 2002), Czechia(beaten 2-0 by Ghana at WC 2006), Serbia(beaten 1-0 by Ghana at WC 2010), Slovakia, Albania, Hungary, Georgia. Then you have thoroughly average teams like Poland, Austria, Romania and Ukraine.

That is already half the entire Euro 2024 field, virtually guaranteeing qualification to the next round for Europe's better teams! Do you know what would happen to the likes of Slovakia, Albania and Georgia if they ever qualified for the World Cup? They would be chewed up and spit out by African, Asian and CONCACAF teams, not to even mention Brazil and Argentina.

And you think the Euro first round is tougher than the World Cup first round? Think again!

Wha choo looking at?!
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 1:16 pm

Are you kidding me? :woot: In this current Euros the first round groups include chaff teams like Scotland(Beaten 3-0 by Morocco in WC 1998), Slovenia(beaten 1-0 by South Africa in WC 2002), Serbia(beaten 1-0 by Ghana in WC 2010), Slovakia, Albania, Hungary, Georgia. Then you have thoroughly average teams like Poland, Czechia and Austria. That is already almost half the entire Euro 2024 field! Do you know what would happen to the likes of Slovakia, Albania and Georgia if they ever qualified for the World Cup? They would be chewed up and spit out by African, Asian and CONCACAF teams, not to even mention Brazil and Argentina.

And you think the Euro first round is tougher than the World Cup first round? Think again!
I'm not convinced that African and Asian teams are significantly better than the weaker teams that qualify for the Euros. Weak teams like Scotland are not regulars at the Euros. In any case, at the World Cup, you'll have at least two weak teams in the group, so it's easier to accumulate points.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Orion wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 1:41 pm

Are you kidding me? :woot: In this current Euros the first round groups include chaff teams like Scotland(Beaten 3-0 by Morocco in WC 1998), Slovenia(beaten 1-0 by South Africa in WC 2002), Serbia(beaten 1-0 by Ghana in WC 2010), Slovakia, Albania, Hungary, Georgia. Then you have thoroughly average teams like Poland, Czechia and Austria. That is already almost half the entire Euro 2024 field! Do you know what would happen to the likes of Slovakia, Albania and Georgia if they ever qualified for the World Cup? They would be chewed up and spit out by African, Asian and CONCACAF teams, not to even mention Brazil and Argentina.

I'm not convinced that African and Asian teams are significantly better than the weaker teams that qualify for the Euros. Weak teams like Scotland are not regulars at the Euros. In any case, at the World Cup, you'll have at least two weak teams in the group, so it's easier to accumulate points.
In this current Euros the first round groups include chaff teams like Scotland(Beaten 3-0 by Morocco at WC 1998), Slovenia(beaten 1-0 by South Africa at WC 2002), Czechia(beaten 2-0 by Ghana at WC 2006), Serbia(beaten 1-0 by Ghana at WC 2010), Slovakia, Albania, Hungary, Georgia. Then you have thoroughly average teams like Poland, Austria, Romania and Ukraine.

That is already half the entire Euro 2024 field, virtually guaranteeing qualification to the next round for Europe's better teams!

At the 2014 World Cup, Spain, Italy, England, Portugal, Croatia and Russia were knocked out in the first round. Do you ever see Spain, Italy, England and Portugal getting knocked out in the first round in the same Euro competition? Never!

Wha choo looking at?!
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 1:46 pm
Orion wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 1:41 pm

In this current Euros the first round groups include chaff teams like Scotland(Beaten 3-0 by Morocco at WC 1998), Slovenia(beaten 1-0 by South Africa at WC 2002), Czechia(beaten 2-0 by Ghana at WC 2006), Serbia(beaten 1-0 by Ghana at WC 2010), Slovakia, Albania, Hungary, Georgia. Then you have thoroughly average teams like Poland, Austria, Romania and Ukraine.

That is already half the entire Euro 2024 field, virtually guaranteeing qualification to the next round for Europe's better teams!

At the 2014 World Cup, Spain, Italy, England, Portugal, Croatia and Russia were knocked out in the first round. Do you ever see Spain, Italy, England and Portugal getting knocked out in the first round in the same Euro competition? Never!
Cameroon also beat Brazil once. Does that mean they're better than Brazil? Nigeria also beat Spain once. Does that mean we're better than Spain? You can't use isolated results to determine the relative strength of teams.

The teams you mentioned have been knocked out at the first round of the Euros at different points.

If you want to gauge how tough the Euros are, look at the teams that failed to qualify. Ireland, Bulgaria, Iceland, Greece, Wales, Sweden, etc all failed to qualify for the same competition. These teams have qualified for the World Cup at different points and done OK. Those teams you labeled weak raised their game to perform better than them for this competition.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

King Futcha wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 12:29 am
King Futcha wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 3:54 pm I first i thought it was nonsense but thinking about it I agree.

in the World Cup you win your group you may face say Nigeria if they manage to qualify then maybe a mid team like Mexico.

This is not rocket science. The World Cup has the best European teams and the best S. American teams. That collection alone trumps the Euros.

Also, Europe sends the largest contingent to the World Cup. Add a few good teams from the rest of the world and it’s a no contest. :D

To make matters even worse, the World Cup has expanded in the new format. Truth to be told, Europe has only 4-5 good teams. The rest are average and will be found out.
best of south america? who is that exactly? there is literally one team outside of Europe that has a chance to win the World Cup, you're right its not rocket science, the euros are tougher, you as a neutral who will never view the world cup as a fan of a participant should see this. :)
Futcha da bitcha, shattap ya mout, and go and watch baseball. :mad: :mad: THE FIRST ROUND makes the world cup tougher. The entire world comes to the first round, knowing they can't win, and seeking to take the scalp of one major player by playing everything they know in the first round. The minnows tend to be unknown and to not play by the known rules. Giant killing by world minnows in the first round and round of sixteen is what makes the World Cup tougher. How can you say the euros are tougher when minnow Morocco just reached the semi-finals, taking significant scalps like Spain, Belgium and Portugal along the way?

look at the round of 16 matchups in the World Cup even you could have picked the winners of these games aside from Morocco.

Netherlands vs U.S
Argentina v Australia
Japan v Croatia
Brazil v South Korea
England v Senegal
France v Poland
Morocco v Spain
Portugal v Switzerland

the round of 16 in the Euros will be much tougher, not to mention you have the likes of Italy in this edition of the Euros who failed to qualify for the World Cup but the argument can be made that they were better than at least 20 of the participants in the 2022 World Cup.
:mad:
What? You are still here instead of going out to the ball game, going out to the park, buying some peanuts and crackerjacks, you don't care if you never get back, where it's root, root, root for the home team, if they don't win it's a shame, for it's 1, 2, 3 strikes yer out at the old ball game. :rotf: :rotf: Biko go and watch "America's game" jare. You are out of your depth here. You did not understand the argument at all. :biggrin:
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Orion wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:03 pm
Cameroon also beat Brazil once. Does that mean they're better than Brazil? Nigeria also beat Spain once. Does that mean we're better than Spain? You can't use isolated results to determine the relative strength of teams.
Your references to Cameroon and Nigeria victories miss the point. The point I am making is that half the teams in the Euro completion are on aggregate no better than the teams from the rest of the world at the WC.
The teams you mentioned have been knocked out at the first round of the Euros at different points.
How about at the same time? :laugh: When was the last time England, Italy, Spain and Portugal were all knocked out in the first round, at THE SAME EUROs? Oya gist me! :rotf: That should tell you immediately which one is the tougher competition!
Orion wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:03 pm If you want to gauge how tough the Euros are, look at the teams that failed to qualify. Ireland, Bulgaria, Iceland, Greece, Wales, Sweden, etc all failed to qualify for the same competition. These teams have qualified for the World Cup at different points and done OK. Those teams you labeled weak raised their game to perform better than them for this competition.
I'm not sure you want to use this argument, because England(94), France(90 and 94), Italy(18 and 22) and the Netherlands(02 and 18) have all fairly recently failed to qualify for the World Cup. :laugh: In that group you have 7 combined World Cup winners and 14 combined World Cup finalists.

Wha choo looking at?!
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

ohsee wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:09 pm
King Futcha wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 12:29 am

Netherlands vs U.S
Argentina v Australia
Japan v Croatia
Brazil v South Korea
England v Senegal
France v Poland
Morocco v Spain
Portugal v Switzerland

:mad:
What? You are still here instead of going out to the ball game, going out to the park, buying some peanuts and crackerjacks, you don't care if you never get back, where it's root, root, root for the home team, if they don't win it's a shame, for it's 1, 2, 3 strikes yer out at the old ball game. :rotf: :rotf: Biko go and watch "America's game" jare. You are out of your depth here. You did not understand the argument at all. :biggrin:
yeye guy, you loved the sport back when you had hair and before you went senile, now that the team up there is useless look at you, shameful.

as usual its not a good argument clay, there is literally only one team outside of Europe in 2024 that has a chance to win the World Cup, and they had a lot of luck to do so, as a wise man once said, your math ain't mathing.
Saints baby we did it
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:21 pm How about at the same time? :laugh: When was the last time England, Italy, Spain and Portugal were all knocked out in the first round, at THE SAME EUROs? Oya gist me! :rotf: That should tell you immediately which one is the tougher competition!
Euro 2012 saw the following teams eliminated in the first round. These teams have traditionally done well at the World Cup:
Denmark
Sweden
Netherlands
Russia
I'm not sure you want to use this argument, because England(94), France(90 and 94), Italy(18 and 22) and the Netherlands(02 and 18) have all fairly recently failed to qualify for the World Cup. :laugh: In that group you have 7 combined World Cup winners and 14 combined World Cup finalists.
It's not the same World Cup, though.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:21 pm
Your references to Cameroon and Nigeria victories miss the point. The point I am making is that half the teams in the Euro completion are on aggregate no better than the teams from the rest of the world at the WC.
How about at the same time? :laugh: When was the last time England, Italy, Spain and Portugal were all knocked out in the first round, at THE SAME EUROs? Oya gist me! :rotf: That should tell you immediately which one is the tougher competition!
Orion wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:03 pm If you want to gauge how tough the Euros are, look at the teams that failed to qualify. Ireland, Bulgaria, Iceland, Greece, Wales, Sweden, etc all failed to qualify for the same competition. These teams have qualified for the World Cup at different points and done OK. Those teams you labeled weak raised their game to perform better than them for this competition.
KPOM.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Orion wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 3:06 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:21 pm How about at the same time? :laugh: When was the last time England, Italy, Spain and Portugal were all knocked out in the first round, at THE SAME EUROs? Oya gist me! :rotf: That should tell you immediately which one is the tougher competition!
Euro 2012 saw the following teams eliminated in the first round. These teams have traditionally done well at the World Cup:
Denmark
Sweden
Netherlands
Russia

That group(Denmark, Sweden, Netherlands, Russia) you mentioned have won a combined total of 0.00000 World Cups. Italy, England, Spain and Portugal have won a combined total of 6 World Cups, and they were ALL knocked out in the first round at the same World Cup. I am sure you see my point now but in typical CE fashion, you no go gree! :woot: :woot: :rotf: :rotf:

Wha choo looking at?!
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 3:31 pm
Denmark
Sweden
Netherlands
Russia

That group(Denmark, Sweden, Netherlands, Russia) you mentioned have won a combined total of 0.00000 World Cups. Italy, England, Spain and Portugal have won a combined total of 6 World Cups, and they were ALL knocked out in the first round at the same World Cup. I am sure you see my point now but in typical CE fashion, you no go gree! :woot: :woot: :rotf: :rotf:
can you list the teams present day not in 1963 that outside of Europe make the World Cup 'harder' than the Euros?

thanks in advance
Saints baby we did it
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

Competition A: All European teams competing for the trophy every 4 years since 1960

Competition B: All European teams plus all other teams in the world competing for the trophy every 4 years since 1930

For all intents and purposes, both competitions use similar qualification and tournament formats. And in terms of venue, one competition takes place within the continent (thus giving the fans of participant countries easier access) while the other can be anywhere on the globe.

=================================

1) A basic knowledge of sets in mathematics should already point to which competition will be tougher to win but fine, let us look at historical data too

2) Of the 5 European countries (Germany, Italy, France, Spain, England) that have ever won the World Cup, all except one (England) have also won the European Cup

3) Of the 10 countries that have won the Euros, 7 have NEVER won the WC but it gets even more convicting when you look at
how those 7 have fared in the WC.

4) Russia won the Euros in 1960. Russia's best ever WC performance? A 4th place finish in 1966.

5) Czechoslovakia won the Euros in 1976. Czechoslovakia's best ever WC performance? Runners up in both 1934 and 1962.

6) Portugal won the Euros in 2016. Portugal's best WC performance is a 3rd place finish all the way back in 1966.

7) Netherlands won the Euros in 1988. Netherlands best WC performance is finishing runners up in 1974, 1978, 2010.

8) Denmark won the Euros in 1992. Denmark's best WC performance is reaching the quarter finals in 1998. ( :curse: :lol: )

9) Greece notoriously won the Euros in 2004. Greece's best WC performance is reaching R16 in 2014.

10) At the height of Spain's golden generation with the twin engines of Xavi and Iniesta, they conquered Europe TWICE (2008 and 2012) and the world ONCE (2010).

Which of the two competitions brought that golden generation to a devastatingly harsh-reality end? I will leave that as an exercise for the reader.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

King Futcha wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 3:46 pm
Denmark
Sweden
Netherlands
Russia

can you list the teams present day not in 1963 that outside of Europe make the World Cup 'harder' than the Euros?

thanks in advance
You haven't been following the thread? :laugh: OK here are a few for you:

Algeria(beat Germany 2-1 and forced Germany to collude with Austria in order to qualify, leading to the current FIFA rule that all final group games must be played simultaneously)
Morocco(Spanked Portugal(a Euro winner) 3-1 in WC 1986 and knocked them out in the first round)

Nigeria(Spanked Greece(a Euro winner) 2-0 to knock them out in the first round of WC 1994)
Nigeria(beat Spain(A multiple Euro winner and WC winner) 3-2 in 1998 to knock them out in the first round of WC 1998)
Nigeria(beat Bulgaria to knock them out in the first round of WC 1998)
Morocco(Spanked Scotland 3-0 to knock them out in the first round of WC 1998)
South Africa(beat Slovenia 1-0 to knock them out in the first round of WC 2002)
Senegal(beat France(defending World and Euro champions) 1-0 to knock them out in the first round of WC 2002, knocked out Sweden in the R16)
South Korea(beat Portugal and knocked them out at the first round of WC 2002, went on to knock out Italy and Spain)
CIV(beat Serbia and ensured that they both went home together from the first round of WC 2006)
Ghana(beat Czechia(A Euro winner) 2-0 to knock them out in the first round of WC 2006)
Ghana(beat Serbia 1-0 to knock them out in the first round of WC 2010)
Costa Rica (topped a group including Italy and England to kick them both out at the first round of WC 2014)
Chile (beat Spain 2-0 at WC 2014 to knock them out in the first round)

Mexico(beat Germany 1-0 and ensured they were on their way out in the first round of WC 2018)
South Korea(Completed the job on Germany, spanking them 2-0 to dump them out in the first round of WC 2018)

Morocco(beat Belgium, Spain and Portugal all in the same WC, sending them all home earlier than they would have liked :laugh: )

Japan(beat both Germany and Spain, knocked Germany out in the first round of WC 2022)

I am sure there are many, many more which I have neglected to mention. It is noteworthy that in the only Euros that Iceland qualified for, they made it to the quarter finals, beating England :laugh: along the way. Meanwhile they couldn't get out of a group including Nigeria because we beat them well-well! :rotf: :rotf:

And I haven't even mentioned Argggggghhhhen tina and Brassssiuuuuuu! :laugh:

Wha choo looking at?!
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 4:12 pm
Denmark
Sweden
Netherlands
Russia

thanks in advance

Algeria(beat Germany 2-1 and forced Germany to collude with Austria in order to qualify, leading to the current FIFA rule that all final group games must be played simultaneously)
Morocco(Spanked Portugal(a Euro winner) 3-1 in WC 1986 and knocked them out in the first round)

Nigeria(Spanked Greece(a Euro winner) 2-0 to knock them out in the first round of WC 1994)
Nigeria(beat Spain(A multiple Euro winner and WC winner) 3-2 in 1998 to knock them out in the first round of WC 1998)
Senegal(beat France(defending World and Euro champions) 1-0 to knock them out in the first round of WC 2002, knocked out Sweden in the R16)
South Korea(beat Portugal and knocked them out at the first round of WC 2002, went on to knock out Italy and Spain)
CIV(beat Serbia and ensured that they both went home together from the first round of WC 2006)
Ghana(beat Czechia(A Euro winner) 2-0 to knock them out in the first round of WC 2006)
Costa Rica (topped a group including Italy and England to kick them both out at the first round of WC 2014)

Mexico(beat Germany 1-0 and ensured they were on their way out in the first round of WC 2018)
South Korea(Completed the job on Germany, spanking them 2-0 to dump them out in the first round of WC 2018)

Morocco(beat Belgium, Spain and Portugal all in the same WC, sending them all home earlier than they would have liked :laugh: )

Japan(beat both Germany and Spain, knocked Germany out in the first round of WC 2022)

I am sure there are many, many more which I have neglected to mention. It is noteworthy that in the only Euros that Iceland qualified for, they made it to the quarter finals, beating England :laugh: along the way. Meanwhile they couldn't get out of a group including Nigeria because we beat them well-well! :rotf: :rotf:

I have been following and all that you didn't answer my question and i kindly asked not to go back to 1963.

we are talking about winning the tournament not the group stages but since you mentioned it as previously stated all these games even you with your poor prediction record would have correctly predicted most of these results, the European nations were all clear favorites against their opponents from other continents.

Netherlands vs U.S
Argentina v Australia
Japan v Croatia
Brazil v South Korea
England v Senegal
France v Poland
Morocco v Spain
Portugal v Switzerland

now come the round of 16 and round of 8 it is going to be much tougher route for the European champion.
Saints baby we did it
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

King Futcha wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 4:33 pm
Denmark
Sweden
Netherlands
Russia

thanks in advance

I have been following and all that you didn't answer my question and i kindly asked not to go back to 1963.

we are talking about winning the tournament not the group stages but since you mentioned it as previously stated all these games even you with your poor prediction record would have correctly predicted most of these results, the European nations were all clear favorites against their opponents from other continents.

Netherlands vs U.S
Argentina v Australia
Japan v Croatia
Brazil v South Korea
England v Senegal
France v Poland
Morocco v Spain
Portugal v Switzerland

now come the round of 16 and round of 8 it is going to be much tougher route for the European champion.
I am sure you know how to read. :D Where did you see 1963 there? Your original question was:
King Futcha wrote:
I have set you straight. Now you are dancing away from your question, in typical CE fashion. :woot: :woot: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Wha choo looking at?!
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Here in lies the problem. S. Korea is stronger than most UEFA teams. And if Nigeria were in UEFA, they would be among the top average Euro teams.

There are only 4-5 top Euro teams. The rest are average or worse.
A lot of people are confused because:
1. UEFA unfairly sends too manly teams to the World Cup.
2. FIFA rainking is heavily biased towards European teams and they take advantage of it.
3. UEFA teams are very careful playing outside teams and damage their skewed FIFA rankings.
4. Colomentality. :)
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 6:20 pm
Denmark
Sweden
Netherlands
Russia

thanks in advance

Netherlands vs U.S
Argentina v Australia
Japan v Croatia
Brazil v South Korea
England v Senegal
France v Poland
Morocco v Spain
Portugal v Switzerland

I am sure you know how to read. :D Where did you see 1963 there? Your original question was:
King Futcha wrote:
I have set you straight. Now you are dancing away from your question, in typical CE fashion. :woot: :woot: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
cap as the kids say.

the thread is clearly titled what is harder to win the Euros or the World Cup, I kindly ask which countries (present day not 1963) make the World Cup harder to win than the Euros. Win, not make it out of your group :)

thanks again in advance.
Saints baby we did it
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

King Futcha wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:28 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 6:20 pm
Denmark
Sweden
Netherlands
Russia

thanks in advance

Netherlands vs U.S
Argentina v Australia
Japan v Croatia
Brazil v South Korea
England v Senegal
France v Poland
Morocco v Spain
Portugal v Switzerland

King Futcha wrote:
cap as the kids say.

the thread is clearly titled what is harder to win the Euros or the World Cup, I kindly ask which countries (present day not 1963) make the World Cup harder to win than the Euros. Win, not make it out of your group :)

thanks again in advance.
I'm not here to teach you how to read. :mrgreen: Your question has already been answered. Fitting that you would use a kid slang. :rotf: Your reasoning is on that level! :woot: :woot: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Wha choo looking at?!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

That's some Euro centric thinking. The WC is harder to win because it has better teams
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"