Euros Harder to Win than WC?

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Euros Harder to Win than WC?

Post by ohsee »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 12:31 am
King Futcha wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:28 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 6:20 pm
King Futcha wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 4:33 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 4:12 pm
King Futcha wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 3:46 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 3:31 pm

That group(Denmark, Sweden, Netherlands, Russia) you mentioned have won a combined total of 0.00000 World Cups. Italy, England, Spain and Portugal have won a combined total of 6 World Cups, and they were ALL knocked out in the first round at the same World Cup. I am sure you see my point now but in typical CE fashion, you no go gree! :woot: :woot: :rotf: :rotf:
can you list the teams present day not in 1963 that outside of Europe make the World Cup 'harder' than the Euros?

thanks in advance
You haven't been following the thread? :laugh: OK here are a few for you:

Algeria(beat Germany 2-1 and forced Germany to collude with Austria in order to qualify, leading to the current FIFA rule that all final group games must be played simultaneously)
Morocco(Spanked Portugal(a Euro winner) 3-1 in WC 1986 and knocked them out in the first round)

Nigeria(Spanked Greece(a Euro winner) 2-0 to knock them out in the first round of WC 1994)
Nigeria(beat Spain(A multiple Euro winner and WC winner) 3-2 in 1998 to knock them out in the first round of WC 1998)
Nigeria(beat Bulgaria to knock them out in the first round of WC 1998)
Morocco(Spanked Scotland 3-0 to knock them out in the first round of WC 1998)
South Africa(beat Slovenia 1-0 to knock them out in the first round of WC 2002)
Senegal(beat France(defending World and Euro champions) 1-0 to knock them out in the first round of WC 2002, knocked out Sweden in the R16)
South Korea(beat Portugal and knocked them out at the first round of WC 2002, went on to knock out Italy and Spain)
CIV(beat Serbia and ensured that they both went home together from the first round of WC 2006)
Ghana(beat Czechia(A Euro winner) 2-0 to knock them out in the first round of WC 2006)
Ghana(beat Serbia 1-0 to knock them out in the first round of WC 2010)
Costa Rica (topped a group including Italy and England to kick them both out at the first round of WC 2014)
Chile (beat Spain 2-0 at WC 2014 to knock them out in the first round)

Mexico(beat Germany 1-0 and ensured they were on their way out in the first round of WC 2018)
South Korea(Completed the job on Germany, spanking them 2-0 to dump them out in the first round of WC 2018)

Morocco(beat Belgium, Spain and Portugal all in the same WC, sending them all home earlier than they would have liked :laugh: )

Japan(beat both Germany and Spain, knocked Germany out in the first round of WC 2022)

I am sure there are many, many more which I have neglected to mention. It is noteworthy that in the only Euros that Iceland qualified for, they made it to the quarter finals, beating England :laugh: along the way. Meanwhile they couldn't get out of a group including Nigeria because we beat them well-well! :rotf: :rotf:

And I haven't even mentioned Argggggghhhhen tina and Brassssiuuuuuu! :laugh:
I have been following and all that you didn't answer my question and i kindly asked not to go back to 1963.

we are talking about winning the tournament not the group stages but since you mentioned it as previously stated all these games even you with your poor prediction record would have correctly predicted most of these results, the European nations were all clear favorites against their opponents from other continents.

Netherlands vs U.S
Argentina v Australia
Japan v Croatia
Brazil v South Korea
England v Senegal
France v Poland
Morocco v Spain
Portugal v Switzerland

now come the round of 16 and round of 8 it is going to be much tougher route for the European champion.
I am sure you know how to read. :D Where did you see 1963 there? Your original question was:
King Futcha wrote:
can you list the teams present day not in 1963 that outside of Europe make the World Cup 'harder' than the Euros?
I have set you straight. Now you are dancing away from your question, in typical CE fashion. :woot: :woot: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
cap as the kids say.

the thread is clearly titled what is harder to win the Euros or the World Cup, I kindly ask which countries (present day not 1963) make the World Cup harder to win than the Euros. Win, not make it out of your group :)

thanks again in advance.
I'm not here to teach you how to read. :mrgreen: Your question has already been answered. Fitting that you would use a kid slang. :rotf: Your reasoning is on that level! :woot: :woot: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Kai! Futcha da bitcha don suffa. :biggrin: Smacked upside his head every which way. :biggrin:
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 3:31 pm

That group(Denmark, Sweden, Netherlands, Russia) you mentioned have won a combined total of 0.00000 World Cups. Italy, England, Spain and Portugal have won a combined total of 6 World Cups, and they were ALL knocked out in the first round at the same World Cup. I am sure you see my point now but in typical CE fashion, you no go gree! :woot: :woot: :rotf: :rotf:

thanks in advance

Algeria(beat Germany 2-1 and forced Germany to collude with Austria in order to qualify, leading to the current FIFA rule that all final group games must be played simultaneously)
Morocco(Spanked Portugal(a Euro winner) 3-1 in WC 1986 and knocked them out in the first round)

Nigeria(Spanked Greece(a Euro winner) 2-0 to knock them out in the first round of WC 1994)
Nigeria(beat Spain(A multiple Euro winner and WC winner) 3-2 in 1998 to knock them out in the first round of WC 1998)
Senegal(beat France(defending World and Euro champions) 1-0 to knock them out in the first round of WC 2002, knocked out Sweden in the R16)
South Korea(beat Portugal and knocked them out at the first round of WC 2002, went on to knock out Italy and Spain)
CIV(beat Serbia and ensured that they both went home together from the first round of WC 2006)
Ghana(beat Czechia(A Euro winner) 2-0 to knock them out in the first round of WC 2006)
Costa Rica (topped a group including Italy and England to kick them both out at the first round of WC 2014)

Mexico(beat Germany 1-0 and ensured they were on their way out in the first round of WC 2018)
South Korea(Completed the job on Germany, spanking them 2-0 to dump them out in the first round of WC 2018)

Morocco(beat Belgium, Spain and Portugal all in the same WC, sending them all home earlier than they would have liked :laugh: )

Japan(beat both Germany and Spain, knocked Germany out in the first round of WC 2022)

I am sure there are many, many more which I have neglected to mention. It is noteworthy that in the only Euros that Iceland qualified for, they made it to the quarter finals, beating England :laugh: along the way. Meanwhile they couldn't get out of a group including Nigeria because we beat them well-well! :rotf: :rotf:

I have been following and all that you didn't answer my question and i kindly asked not to go back to 1963.

we are talking about winning the tournament not the group stages but since you mentioned it as previously stated all these games even you with your poor prediction record would have correctly predicted most of these results, the European nations were all clear favorites against their opponents from other continents.

Netherlands vs U.S
Argentina v Australia
Japan v Croatia
Brazil v South Korea
England v Senegal
France v Poland
Morocco v Spain
Portugal v Switzerland

now come the round of 16 and round of 8 it is going to be much tougher route for the European champion.
I am sure you know how to read. :D Where did you see 1963 there? Your original question was:
King Futcha wrote:
I have set you straight. Now you are dancing away from your question, in typical CE fashion. :woot: :woot: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
cap as the kids say.

the thread is clearly titled what is harder to win the Euros or the World Cup, I kindly ask which countries (present day not 1963) make the World Cup harder to win than the Euros. Win, not make it out of your group :)

thanks again in advance.
I'm not here to teach you how to read. :mrgreen: Your question has already been answered. Fitting that you would use a kid slang. :rotf: Your reasoning is on that level! :woot: :woot: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
you've been typing so much nonsense i think you forgot what we are talking about here.
Euros Harder to Win than WC?
i'll give you credit, you've proven without a shadow of a doubt that it is indeed harder to qualify for the knockout stages in the World Cup, unfortunately for you that is not what we were talking :)
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

^^^^

I’ll give you the courtesy of a grace period to delete this ya last post because you just demolished your own argument

Wha choo looking at?!
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 9:02 pm ^^^^

I’ll give you the courtesy of a grace period to delete this ya last post because you just demolished your own argument
you clearly don't know the argument so ill leave it there but thanks.
Saints baby we did it
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

ohsee wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 8:40 pm

thanks in advance

Netherlands vs U.S
Argentina v Australia
Japan v Croatia
Brazil v South Korea
England v Senegal
France v Poland
Morocco v Spain
Portugal v Switzerland

King Futcha wrote:
cap as the kids say.

thanks again in advance.
Kai! Futcha da bitcha don suffa. :biggrin: Smacked upside his head every which way. :biggrin:
you can't do it clay, her certainly didn't either but you better call in for help like the soviets in the 40s :)
Saints baby we did it
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

King Futcha wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 8:42 pm
i'll give you credit, you've proven without a shadow of a doubt that it is indeed harder to qualify for the knockout stages in the World Cup, unfortunately for you that is not what we were talking :)
My dear King Fuchsia, :mrgreen:

I kindly gave you a grace period to withdraw your asinine post, but you were doing strong head :laugh: for me. OK. Riddle me dis. :mrgreen:

Don't you have to qualify for the knockout stages to even be in contention to win the World Cup? :woot: :woot: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

So if it is harder to qualify for the knockout stages in the World Cup, doesn't that make it harder to win the World Cup? :woot: :rotf: :rotf:

Wha choo looking at?!
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 12:44 am

I kindly gave you a grace period to withdraw your asinine post, but you were doing strong head :laugh: for me. OK. Riddle me dis. :mrgreen:

Don't you have to qualify for the knockout stages to even be in contention to win the World Cup? :woot: :woot: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

So if it is harder to qualify for the knockout stages in the World Cup, doesn't that make it harder to win the World Cup? :woot: :rotf: :rotf:
you are as predictable as ohsee clay, i was operating under the assumption that we were 'debating' under the assumption that you have to qualify for the knockout stages to win the tournament, apparently not.

lets revisit since you are all over the place, only a few of the teams you mentioned were contenders to lift the trophy most of the Euros you picked out were there to make up the numbers, Scotland, Slovenia, Serbia etc.

lets see how tough the knockouts are in the Euros in the coming days and we can revisit i'm sure you'll move the goalposts a time or two again between now and then.
Saints baby we did it
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

King Futcha wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 3:20 am

you are as predictable as ohsee clay, i was operating under the assumption that we were 'debating' under the assumption that you have to qualify for the knockout stages to win the tournament, apparently not.

lets revisit since you are all over the place, only a few of the teams you mentioned were contenders to lift the trophy most of the Euros you picked out were there to make up the numbers, Scotland, Slovenia, Serbia etc.

lets see how tough the knockouts are in the Euros in the coming days and we can revisit i'm sure you'll move the goalposts a time or two again between now and then.
King Futcha wrote:i was operating under the assumption that we were 'debating' under the assumption
Bro, say what?! :woot: :rotf: :rotf:

This is the most incoherent post I have ever read from you. :woot: :woot: :rotf: :rotf: I see you are still reeling from that right to the body followed by a right uppercut from Scipio Tysonus Africanus :mrgreen:

OK. 8-) I will give you a standing ten count so you can recover and bring forth a better rebuttal :laugh:

Wha choo looking at?!
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

King Futcha wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 9:18 pm you can't do it clay, her certainly didn't either but you better call in for help like the soviets in the 40s :)
Futcha da bitcha my Amelikan broda, you have dead die in di proproly for dis thread. :biggrin: From today onwards, anytime you talk sh1t, I will invite Scipio to come and slap you well-well. :biggrin:
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 4:56 am
King Futcha wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 3:20 am

King Futcha wrote:i was operating under the assumption that we were 'debating' under the assumption
Bro, say what?! :woot: :rotf: :rotf:

This is the most incoherent post I have ever read from you. :woot: :woot: :rotf: :rotf: I see you are still reeling from that right to the body followed by a right uppercut from Scipio Tysonus Africanus :mrgreen:

OK. 8-) I will give you a standing ten count so you can recover and bring forth a better rebuttal :laugh:
by tyson i assume you mean fury? you're reminding me of him, he said he won the usyk fight 9 rounds to 3, similar to your scorecard here.
Saints baby we did it
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

ohsee wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 9:50 pm
King Futcha wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 9:18 pm you can't do it clay, her certainly didn't either but you better call in for help like the soviets in the 40s :)
Futcha da bitcha my Amelikan broda, you have dead die in di proproly for dis thread. :biggrin: From today onwards, anytime you talk sh1t, I will invite Scipio to come and slap you well-well. :biggrin:
no surprise you are cheering him on clay, as junior soprano once said you are so far behind you think you're leading, same for goes for brother scipio in this thread.
Saints baby we did it
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

airwolex wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 2:52 pm
Case closed :!: :D
There are a few things to add… but it is settled!
Next topic :!: :lol:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

the commentator funny, said Kylian looks like a Marvel character
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

In essence the claim is insinuating European supremacy over all continents with regard to the beautiful game. The statement is purely euphemistic. The post-watershed version decrees “the Euros are harder to win because there aren’t any backwater Afro-Oceanasian outfits in the competition”.

In truth, such comparison cannot be made. It’s a my dad’s stronger than your dad conundrum and nothing more.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

airwolex wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 5:42 pm Mbape said this and was countered by Messi and Neymar.

Now John Barnes and a few others are saying it. I find it difficult to believe these guys are not trolling.

Please state your views. For me Denmark and Greece have won the Euros before. Former finalists are Czech and the Soviets. Wales have made the semis as well. Seems to me it's an easier tourney to win but I could be wrong.
Glad it is not by voting that they determine which tournament is better or which teams are better.
You get to prove it on the field.
Europe used to have the most entries into the tournament, yet how many European countries have won it?
Take the last AFCON; some of the popular higher-ranked teams didn't make it to the QF. Of the 8 teams that made it to the QF, relatively good African teams didn't make it that far. Senegal, Egypt, Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco, Cameroun, Ghana, Burkina Faso, Zambia, etc...

The top 5 teams heading to the AFCON didn't make it the Quarterfinals.

The Euros is more predictable.

I do however agree that their top teams (finalists) are better but not their tournament.

I just wish FIFA will change the qualification process. The 4 teams that make it to the Confederation semifinals should have an automatic berth. The rest should be put in a pool. I can bet that the Euros will not have as many representatives.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

congrats to Austria who weren't even at the World Cup but topped a group including three World Cup finalists hmm
Saints baby we did it
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

King Futcha wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 7:19 pm congrats to Austria who weren't even at the World Cup but topped a group including three World Cup finalists hmm
Who knocked Senegal out of the AFCON?

Did they qualify out of Africa for the last World Cup?

Wha choo looking at?!
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 7:24 pm
King Futcha wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 7:19 pm congrats to Austria who weren't even at the World Cup but topped a group including three World Cup finalists hmm

not sure what AFCON has to do with the discussion. I believe Senegal were knocked out by the hosts, are Austria the hosts? I fail to see the relevance, help me out.
Saints baby we did it
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

airwolex wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 2:52 pm
Convincing arguments.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

King Futcha wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 7:33 pm

not sure what AFCON has to do with the discussion. I believe Senegal were knocked out by the hosts, are Austria the hosts? I fail to see the relevance, help me out.
Maybe this will help you. Who knocked out Cameroon? Who knocked out Ghana? Who knocked out Tunisia? Did any of those teams qualify for the World Cup?

Wha choo looking at?!
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 7:37 pm

Maybe this will help you. Who knocked out Cameroon? Who knocked out Ghana? Who knocked out Tunisia? Did any of those teams qualify for the World Cup?
as soon as you started associating with ohsee clay its been downhill from there.

i thought this thread was about the euros and the world cup, can you explain when where and how afcon joined the discussion? thanks in advance.
Saints baby we did it
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

King Futcha wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 7:45 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 7:37 pm

as soon as you started associating with ohsee clay its been downhill from there.

i thought this thread was about the euros and the world cup, can you explain when where and how afcon joined the discussion? thanks in advance.
I will leave it as a mental exercise for you. Think of it as required training before you square up to anyone on CE :mrgreen:

Wha choo looking at?!