Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
KlerPot
Egg
Egg
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by KlerPot »

wiseone wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:42 pm If I was in charge of Man U transfers I would have leveraged Chelsea's desire to get players off its books by instead bidding for Lukaku (another player that Chelsea does not want).

Man Utd badly needs a striker. Lukaku is probably the lowest risk striker signing out there. He will not cost crazy money like Kane or Osimhen, is Belgium's all time top goalscorer, has scored nearly 300 goals in his career, averages a goal nearly every 2 games, and has already played in the Premier League and for Manchester United before. Hence no worries about how he will acclimatise to a new league, country, climate, language etc.

Mental that there is not a bidding war for him.
balo wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:21 pm
Well, think of the business side of things. Man U aren't stupid. And they saddled him with the #7 shirt. He will sell you loads of merchandise.
I wonder why there isn't a money battle for Lukaku? He's not a bad player. And could well prove himself in any other team, even Man Utd.
Hi, all!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

KlerPot wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:48 am
wiseone wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:42 pm If I was in charge of Man U transfers I would have leveraged Chelsea's desire to get players off its books by instead bidding for Lukaku (another player that Chelsea does not want).

Man Utd badly needs a striker. Lukaku is probably the lowest risk striker signing out there. He will not cost crazy money like Kane or Osimhen, is Belgium's all time top goalscorer, has scored nearly 300 goals in his career, averages a goal nearly every 2 games, and has already played in the Premier League and for Manchester United before. Hence no worries about how he will acclimatise to a new league, country, climate, language etc.

Mental that there is not a bidding war for him.
balo wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:21 pm
Well, think of the business side of things. Man U aren't stupid. And they saddled him with the #7 shirt. He will sell you loads of merchandise.
I wonder why there isn't a money battle for Lukaku? He's not a bad player. And could well prove himself in any other team, even Man Utd.
Hi, all!
Lukaku's problem was shown in the CL final and for Belgium in that Semi. Top clubs do not want him because he is not an elite striker. he cannot be counted upon. No seroous top club will consider such a striker.

below top-clubs who may want him cannot afford him because of his transfer fees and wages.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
KlerPot
Egg
Egg

Post by KlerPot »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:52 pm
Lukaku's problem was shown in the CL final and for Belgium in that Semi. Top clubs do not want him because he is not an elite striker. he cannot be counted upon. No seroous top club will consider such a striker.

below top-clubs who may want him cannot afford him because of his transfer fees and wages.
The current 40m for Lukaku seems a lot for non top clubs. I looked on transfermarkt.com that he had a price tag of 100m. Now I understand why his price has more than halved.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Man Utd fined £257,000 by Uefa for 'minor' Financial Fair Play breach

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/66203315
SuperEagles

packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

KlerPot wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:30 am

The current 40m for Lukaku seems a lot for non top clubs. I looked on transfermarkt.com that he had a price tag of 100m. Now I understand why his price has more than halved.
Lukaku is like a black version of Gonzalo Higuaín. The guy can score goals in bunches during the season but will choke in big games. Part of it is his own doings and the other part you can say is due to bad luck.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Inter would not have reached the finals of the Chsmps League if it weren't for the services of Lukaku.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

wiseone wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:20 pm
...why will he be disappointed?
Did he not see the hand writings of all his errors and failures?
He's lucky he is Englander else he should have been dumped long time ago.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Onana done.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

KlerPot
Egg
Egg

Post by KlerPot »

packerland wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:44 pm
KlerPot wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:30 am

Lukaku is like a black version of Gonzalo Higuaín. The guy can score goals in bunches during the season but will choke in big games. Part of it is his own doings and the other part you can say is due to bad luck.
I think he's playing at his level in the season - the league level. And at that level he can score. And in big games, he plays against teams from stronger leagues that don't let him do what he wants to do.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Give Mount the armband.

bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:22 pm
Only an African would go and compile the mistakes of another African on the virge of a life time achievement and broadcast it to the world.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

bamenda boy wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:55 am
Only an African would go and compile the mistakes of another African on the virge of a life time achievement and broadcast it to the world.
don't mind him
SuperEagles

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

"Atalanta told United they don't want 3 players offered in the deal". Chai :rotf:

I am guessing those 3 players are Fred, Maguire, and one of Martial and Bailly.

joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:58 am
don't mind him
All I know is that the manager will discuss those with him but again every job comes with mistakes.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Very strange signing. Then again he is very injury prone and was our injured most of last season - so he will fit in well with Man Ute’s track record of signing injury prone defenders (Jones, Bailey, Varane, Rio, The Twins, et al).

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

De Gea’s departure is a changing of the guard. When Manchester United start the new season, it will be the first time in 50 years that the team will not have a player who played for Sir Alex Ferguson, and the first time in nearly 90 years that the team will not have a player who played for Sir Matt Busby or Sir Alex Ferguson.

:shock:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 72488.html
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

United vs Lyon, I have to say United is playing very well. I want to see Onana.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:58 am
don't mind him
You need to learn to live a little. Laughing is free for Christ sake. You're always constipated like the character in your avatar. Ballers make mistakes too and I'm sure the video was made for laughs. They are plenty videos mocking Kepa and Phil Jones and I'm sure some of them were made by Europeans.

@Bameda boy, I'll cut you some slack because that is your country man. By the way, has Onana reconciled with your coach/federation or has that ship sailed?
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .