The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2020

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:

did we get the Italian?
No. Luiz last addition.

Rumors are Arsenal still trying offload Mustafi to a Ligue 1 club.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I am happy for Iwobi. I am just saying Arsenal need deprh. Can’t rely on a 17 year old to provide depth if you want to compete for the premiership. I will probably watch more Everton games this season. To be honesr I probably watched more liverpool games last season.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

[/video]

enjoy you Luiz :D
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Good read from Tim Stillman on what Luiz brings to Arsenal.

Key emphasis on what Waffi was saying all of last season post Holding injury on Arsenal dire need for a CB who is a top quality distributor. In that regard Luiz is pure class.

Detective Bunk Moreland

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

He will be Pirloesque.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Gunzilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Gunzilla »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Take a bow Raul, Edu, Huss and Unai...One more example that real G's move in silence.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
:lol: :lol:
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

peron33uk wrote:I am actually happy about it. For £40 mil, man, i would have sold him and bought ice cream with the money.

To be sincere, i like Iwobi, a lot of potential but if we are sincere, hasn't lived up to it.

I hope he does very well at Everton.

With where Arsenal is going, at this point in time, Iwobi is not polished enough for it, maybe in a few years but as for now he is now.

He has shown glimpses of potential but just hasn't been consistent enough. So £40 million is good business from Arsenal.
What are you basing all this on? Facts or feelings.

Remove your hubris because it is not based on reality. Arsenal are going nowhere special at this moment in time. They need more quality additions in keyscareas to be going where the top teams are.

There is nothing in this window that suggests we will be competing with City or Liverpool. We will be competing for top 4 and nothing more. What is worse, we have given Everton what they need to compete with us for top 4.

Arsenal are mitigating their sale of Iwobi with Saka and Nelson but the sale is a money move and not a football one. Until the money is converted into football one, like us going for Upamecano with the money, we need to be watchful.

Selling Iwobi who the club has developed is a stupid decision given our business this window. He is the perfect age profile for this squad, and does a lot of what Zaha does. In raw stat terms, per minute he is not far off being as productive as Zaha. And he is 3 years younger.

If you look at Zaha 3 years ago, similarly, Iwobi is considerably ahead of where Zaha was in terms of raw productivity, with less minutes under his belt to boot. Selling him has to yield results, a younger player with Arsenal DNA, but has a higher ceiling than Zaha.

Iwobi is so underrated and nowhere near his peak yet. He has needed the right players around him and system but just when it looked like it is going to happen, he is sold.

Iwobi has his weaknesses and I will be the first to point them out. But he is a ball progressive machine, with fantastic spatial awareness and ball reception. Physical qualities, and underrated creative ability. A player who can progress the ball consistently 'in the final 3rd' and find players inside the box. Just look at the company he is with in the game.

All Iwobi is lacking is volume (goals, assists, key passes etc), and if he had played in a set up where he is not the only player to carry the weight of progression his volume will increase. With Auba and Pepe in the front line with him his volume would have increased rapidly. But I expect this volume to increase with him, Kean and Richarldon at Everton.

To me it was simple, if Iwobi increases his volume plus all his progressive skills, and his ability to retain the ball in the final 3rd, his future is very bright. To me, Everton will be the beneficiary after we have done all the leg work of development.

But now let's look at the flip side. For Iwobi, the Everton move is the opportunity that took him to the level of being made financially for life. The same applies to his family, the numbers I have been told is truly one the player could not turn down. Also, had Arsenal said no and insisted on keeping the player, they would have to double his basic pay plus bonuses. Arsenal were not willing to do that, they preferred to sell.

For Arsenal, I expect them to use this money to sign Upamecano in January. If they do this, then it is a football decision and if it works out, I hold my hands up and say bravo.

Also, Nelson, Martinelli, Saka are all under 19 so it is understandable if Arsenal want to prioritise them over Iwobi, as is being maintained as a reason for this sale. This is especially a good reason if Arsenal plan to play all 3 of Auba/Laca/Pepe as the kids still have time, Iwobi on the other hand, does not, and needs to keep playing now. As much as you can be emotional about these things, you have to be cold and calculated. For Iwobi and Arsenal, it is best for both parties to part ways. But for Iwobi especially, it is probably a good move for his career.

What about the squad again? This is a huge negative for the squad. Auba, Laca and Pepe will not play every game, injury will set in, tactically, you also need to make changes. We currently do not have a natural LW/LWA, from this point of view, selling Iwobi does not make sense. If one of Auba, Laca or Pepe goes down you can bet Emery will go straight for the "proven" player, and Mkhi in the team, which instantly kills the balance of the team. We have seen in pre season we are been better with pace, dribbling and directness out wide. Also, we are expecting too much of these young players, if we expect them to come in a maje a difference in a tough league. This is why Iwobi was prime and ready to sell him now is just stupid.

Even more stupid is selling him to a rival for top four, Everton desperately need a player like Iwobi. They have bought very well, apart from Sigurdsson they have no player that offers creativity, so why give your rival for what you want the player they need? It is just ridiculous.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Good luck to Alex. All the best wishes.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:

did we get the Italian?
Juve nor gree sell.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

If Unai Emery was planning to keep Iwobi on the wings then we have an adequate and a hungry replacement player in Reiss Nelson. i wouldve loved him as a #10 but the club is stuck with the weight of Mesut Ozil. Hopefully the trio of Ceballos, Willock and MattyG can render him totallt surplus.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

assnal CE spammers, Iwobi isn't your player, leave his name out of una cursed club
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:

did we get the Italian?
No. Luiz last addition.

Rumors are Arsenal still trying offload Mustafi to a Ligue 1 club.
TG my dear friend. I know it's been a while we had a window that tried to address our needs, a window in which we spent over £100m excluding out goings.

But we must not forget a crucial point. A good or excellent window does not necessarily translate into a good season. Winning the window does not necessarily win you silverware.

We all need to calm down and take proper stock.
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Bigpokey24 wrote:blah blah blah, i love assnal CE..Ive always loved Arsenal right from the Kanu days. I only jumped on the Chelski bandwagon cuz of Roman Abrov and then Mikel. Please Arsenal supporters take me back, i wanna go back, take me to that sacred place where passion and sexy football meets.
We will think about it and get back to you soon :taunt:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

kajifu wrote:
100%Naija wrote:
kajifu wrote:Arsenal is not a serious club tufiakwa
You don come o. If anything one can actually argue that they are more serious now than in the last decade. These moves however painful indicate that there is a shift in football tactics and they are investing in players that better fit this coaches model. Just shocked Iwobi is on the outs, thought he was used often and lived up to expectation.
Chief how are they serious when they are selling a guy that contributed last season more than Ozil,Mkhi,Mustafi,Xhaka, etc and is on a low wages than those guys?Home grown while none of those guys are home grown?So Mustafi,Mkhi,Ozil,Xhaka etc fit more to the coach system than Iwobi?
Want to know how badly Wenger screwed us? Look no further than the crap of a situation we were left to deal with. No one wants those 4 players youve mentioned at their current wages. No solid offer came through for Ozil. Imagine that.. The buffoon is just collecting free money for doing fuckall. An absolute disgrace to football. I am really saddened by Iwobi's departure and hope he excels at Everton. I hope they have a buy back clause...i mean wtf. :curse:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

bk-one wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:You guys are being incredibly biased. We are about to sell a guy that has failed to live up to expectations and has no prospects of being a starter in the foreseeable future for 40MP and yet you are whining :lol:

For 40M we can easily find at least 2, and probably 3 young players in their late teens who can give us attacking depth off the bench. If Iwobi was not Nigerian this sale would be celebrated in these quarters.

Iwobi will now have a chance to show his worth as one of the stars of the Everton attack. Lets see what he does there but I'm convinced this is a good move for Arsenal FC.
Not Nigerian but I am super pissed that they let Iwobi go. His stats are not impressive but he played his role well. Iwobi was never a goal scorer or assist machine and he was not promoted to the first team for that. There isn't a better dribbler than Iwobi at Arsenal. He was one of the few quite adept at taking on people whether in closed spaces or in open games. He was the one capable of getting others on to the game. I am not making comparisons in terms of quality but I would say Iwobi was a iniesta of arsenal. The role which was played by rosicky/hleb. Both players' stats were not impressive but they made others play better. It's not a coincidence that Iwobi's best games were when he was playing with the likes of Ozil Sanchez or carzola.

I understand goals are important but we don't have to ignore what is happening before the said goals are scored.
he may not have directly measured end-results (goals + assist), but nobody contributed more to Arsenal goals scored last season than alex iwobi. He was involved in the build-up to more goals and more direct chances than any other player at Arsenal. And definitely was top10 in entire Europe. He is indeed terrible at shooting in front of goal. But that's not where he adds at the most value. He adds the most value in the build-up of goals, moving the ball quickly, dribbling to open space, not shying away from the ball, setting people free on the flanks for easy crosses back to the center for goals. And at 23, he is on the verge of actually starting to be at his football best. This was a money move, not a football move.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Waffiman wrote:
peron33uk wrote:I am actually happy about it. For £40 mil, man, i would have sold him and bought ice cream with the money.

To be sincere, i like Iwobi, a lot of potential but if we are sincere, hasn't lived up to it.

With where Arsenal is going, at this point in time, Iwobi is not polished enough for it, maybe in a few years but as for now he is now.

He has shown glimpses of potential but just hasn't been consistent enough. So £40 million is good business from Arsenal.

Remove your hubris because it is not based on reality. Arsenal are going nowhere special at this moment in time. They need more quality additions in keyscareas to be going where the top teams are.

There is nothing in this window that suggests we will be competing with City or Liverpool. We will be competing for top 4 and nothing more. What is worse, we have given Everton what they need to compete with us for top 4.

Arsenal are mitigating their sale of Iwobi with Saka and Nelson but the sale is a money move and not a football one. Until the money is converted into football one, like us going for Upamecano with the money, we need to be watchful.

Selling Iwobi who the club has developed is a stupid decision given our business this window. He is the perfect age profile for this squad, and does a lot of what Zaha does. In raw stat terms, per minute he is not far off being as productive as Zaha. And he is 3 years younger.

If you look at Zaha 3 years ago, similarly, Iwobi is considerably ahead of where Zaha was in terms of raw productivity, with less minutes under his belt to boot. Selling him has to yield results, a younger player with Arsenal DNA, but has a higher ceiling than Zaha.

Iwobi is so underrated and nowhere near his peak yet. He has needed the right players around him and system but just when it looked like it is going to happen, he is sold.

Iwobi has his weaknesses and I will be the first to point them out. But he is a ball progressive machine, with fantastic spatial awareness and ball reception. Physical qualities, and underrated creative ability. A player who can progress the ball consistently 'in the final 3rd' and find players inside the box. Just look at the company he is with in the game.

All Iwobi is lacking is volume (goals, assists, key passes etc), and if he had played in a set up where he is not the only player to carry the weight of progression his volume will increase. With Auba and Pepe in the front line with him his volume would have increased rapidly. But I expect this volume to increase with him, Kean and Richarldon at Everton.

To me it was simple, if Iwobi increases his volume plus all his progressive skills, and his ability to retain the ball in the final 3rd, his future is very bright. To me, Everton will be the beneficiary after we have done all the leg work of development.

But now let's look at the flip side. For Iwobi, the Everton move is the opportunity that took him to the level of being made financially for life. The same applies to his family, the numbers I have been told is truly one the player could not turn down. Also, had Arsenal said no and insisted on keeping the player, they would have to double his basic pay plus bonuses. Arsenal were not willing to do that, they preferred to sell.

For Arsenal, I expect them to use this money to sign Upamecano in January. If they do this, then it is a football decision and if it works out, I hold my hands up and say bravo.

Also, Nelson, Martinelli, Saka are all under 19 so it is understandable if Arsenal want to prioritise them over Iwobi, as is being maintained as a reason for this sale. This is especially a good reason if Arsenal plan to play all 3 of Auba/Laca/Pepe as the kids still have time, Iwobi on the other hand, does not, and needs to keep playing now. As much as you can be emotional about these things, you have to be cold and calculated. For Iwobi and Arsenal, it is best for both parties to part ways. But for Iwobi especially, it is probably a good move for his career.

What about the squad again? This is a huge negative for the squad. Auba, Laca and Pepe will not play every game, injury will set in, tactically, you also need to make changes. We currently do not have a natural LW/LWA, from this point of view, selling Iwobi does not make sense. If one of Auba, Laca or Pepe goes down you can bet Emery will go straight for the "proven" player, and Mkhi in the team, which instantly kills the balance of the team. We have seen in pre season we are been better with pace, dribbling and directness out wide. Also, we are expecting too much of these young players, if we expect them to come in a maje a difference in a tough league. This is why Iwobi was prime and ready to sell him now is just stupid.

Even more stupid is selling him to a rival for top four, Everton desperately need a player like Iwobi. They have bought very well, apart from Sigurdsson they have no player that offers creativity, so why give your rival for what you want the player they need? It is just ridiculous.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Well said
Castigating Iwobi for his lack of assists and goals is not fair. Before those assists and goals....there is still a lot of football to play and that is one place arsenal struggled last season. Why sell a place who is offering you that.

Andres Iniesta never had more than ten assists/goals per season for Barcelona and he was never critisized for his lack of goals/assists because his job was making those around him better. The job Iwobi played really well for Arsenal.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

kajifu wrote:
100%Naija wrote:
kajifu wrote:Arsenal is not a serious club tufiakwa
You don come o. If anything one can actually argue that they are more serious now than in the last decade. These moves however painful indicate that there is a shift in football tactics and they are investing in players that better fit this coaches model. Just shocked Iwobi is on the outs, thought he was used often and lived up to expectation.
Chief how are they serious when they are selling a guy that contributed last season more than Ozil,Mkhi,Mustafi,Xhaka, etc and is on a low wages than those guys?Home grown while none of those guys are home grown?So Mustafi,Mkhi,Ozil,Xhaka etc fit more to the coach system than Iwobi?

My guy you need two parties (sometimes three) in order to trade a player, a willing and able seller, a willing and able buyer and a willing player.

No one wants those players. Shay you will buy them?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

bk-one wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Well said
Castigating Iwobi for his lack of assists and goals is not fair. Before those assists and goals....there is still a lot of football to play and that is one place arsenal struggled last season. Why sell a place who is offering you that.

Andres Iniesta never had more than ten assists/goals per season for Barcelona and he was never critisized for his lack of goals/assists because his job was making those around him better. The job Iwobi played really well for Arsenal.
Well. I know this. Everton have big plans for him.
Mister Dolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mister Dolly »

I am not too unhappy about the Iwobi sale though surprised it happened. He was probably the only player worth any serious money in that midfield and with Ozil not having any takers he was the obvious target to balance the books.

Will be hard watching him in a Toffee shirt though ....All the best to the lad. My son is gutted as they are pretty good friends.
"Because of Jesus, it's a glorious life...."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Mister Dolly wrote:I am not too unhappy about the Iwobi sale though surprised it happened. He was probably the only player worth any serious money in that midfield and with Ozil not having any takers he was the obvious target to balance the books.

Will be hard watching him in a Toffee shirt though ....All the best to the lad. My son is gutted as they are pretty good friends.
My bro, it is exactly that. Balancing the books. :curse:
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I am hearing Mustaffi is going to France on loan.

Galatasary working on signing El neny.

Ozil to DC United in January is in the works. The maddam want to move to the states after the recent knife attack in London. Ozil is willing to take a pay cut with just 18 months left on his deal for a longer contract with DC United.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

More good news as word is Auba and Laca were both locked down to extensions.
Detective Bunk Moreland