The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Post by Coach »

^Chillax folks, is it really worth it? Wenger will never admit his errors in judgement nor accept the standard of the day as yardstick by which he should be measured. When success has to be redefined to allow one's inclusion, it says it all. But why the argument? Good men are lining up either side of the battle line, rather than steal from their audience, drop the handbags and take up a seat with a view. Joshua has set the standard for the weekend, can the Herd see that and raise him a big all in on White Hart Lane or the High Road?
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... supremacy/

Great educational piece. Have a read.

Arsenal are way short of being in the financial elite on current spending on wages. Just when they thought they were close, the others have upped their spending.

Arsenal must continue the squad rebuild but with more elite players whilst keeping their current elite players. Alexis is not my cup of tea, but can we afford not to lose him?

Losing out on Kante, a player suited to our system and proven in our league must stop. If a player like Kante wants to join us in future, we must pay up. If not, we will continue to be below the best.

Sorry, Waffi. Your wayo knows no boundaries. The board and AW are to blame for Kante going to Chelsea, so na dat one you dey tok. AW and his scouts are to blame for Kante going to Leicester in the first place. That other people spend more than we do should not preclude intelligent scouting and catching potential stars early.

The most annoying thing is that I think Wenger purposely ignores these kinds of diamonds in the rough because he wants to stubbornly prove to the world that he can turn the likes of Ramsey, Wilshere, Gibbs, Walcott and Coq into world-class gems. Or maybe he chooses loyalty to them...after all, it never threatened his job until now. The man should go and sit down jo. Mourinho insults him, and we are the ones feeling the pain like someone has insulted our papa. But what does he do? Nothing.
Why do you guys keep missing the point?

Arsenal have been competing from a position of financial disadvantage since Wenger joined the club. Spuds spent more than us, Newcastle did, Leeds did and Chelsea under Ken Bates did.

But Arsenal have out lasted and stayed at the top while the others have faded away. Chelsea were saved from bankruptcy by Roman and we know about the others.

Arsenal thrived and grew because of the very factors like; intelligence, intelligent scouting, data analysis, building a new training ground and stadium etc etc.

Arsenal with Wenger pioneered this sort of scouting and bent work permit rules to get them in. When you guys moan, you forget the young players Wenger signed before anyone had a clue. Wenger led the way, not just in England. He brought the likes of Yusuf Forfana and George Weah to Europe. He gave them the status as equals at a time when racism was a problem.

These things are still at the club, the club is still innovating. The club is still looking at ways to improve, it is why they have stayed at the top end with the resources they have spent. Indeed there is a story doing the rounds of disagreements btw Wenger and Galzidis on the use of stats to sign players. Wenger does not believe 100% on data, he believes data should confirm what the eye sees and feels the club has gone too far in its over reliance on StatDNA - the club's svouting tool.

But the days of Arsenal getting them early are gone and the others being behind are gone. When you lot moan about Kante, you forget Bellerin. Arsenal cannot sign every young player.

Everyone has caught up. Arsenal must back up whatever it has with money because Sports Science has helped reduced the gap. Arsenal or any team can no longer stay at the top like we have without spending more on the team and squad. We got away with it for years, we even won Doubles and went unbeaten but those days are gone.

Arsenal are now at a crossroads, one thing I know is there is so much more right than wrong at Arsenal. Arsenal will not throw away the baby with the bath water. I am not the emotional type, I just try to look at the big picture from what I know and draw my conclusions dispassionately.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ojafranpa wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:meanwhile, e be like say that fake Manure coach :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: don relegate dem Anichebe and Defoe :shock: :shock: :shock:

They both want to poo at the same time.

Fry pan head :rotf: :rotf: , I am sure you'd like the poo in your mouth! Looking at a pic of men and na poo come to your mind. smh
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Arsenal are way short of being in the financial elite on current spending on wages. Just when they thought they were close, the others have upped their spending.

Arsenal must continue the squad rebuild but with more elite players whilst keeping their current elite players. Alexis is not my cup of tea, but can we afford not to lose him?

Losing out on Kante, a player suited to our system and proven in our league must stop. If a player like Kante wants to join us in future, we must pay up. If not, we will continue to be below the best.

Sorry, Waffi. Your wayo knows no boundaries. The board and AW are to blame for Kante going to Chelsea, so na dat one you dey tok. AW and his scouts are to blame for Kante going to Leicester in the first place. That other people spend more than we do should not preclude intelligent scouting and catching potential stars early.

The most annoying thing is that I think Wenger purposely ignores these kinds of diamonds in the rough because he wants to stubbornly prove to the world that he can turn the likes of Ramsey, Wilshere, Gibbs, Walcott and Coq into world-class gems. Or maybe he chooses loyalty to them...after all, it never threatened his job until now. The man should go and sit down jo. Mourinho insults him, and we are the ones feeling the pain like someone has insulted our papa. But what does he do? Nothing.

Arsenal have been competing from a position of financial disadvantage since Wenger joined the club. Spuds spent more than us, Newcastle did, Leeds did and Chelsea under Ken Bates did.

But Arsenal have out lasted and stayed at the top while the others have faded away. Chelsea were saved from bankruptcy by Roman and we know about the others.

Arsenal thrived and grew because of the very factors like; intelligence, intelligent scouting, data analysis, building a new training ground and stadium etc etc.

Arsenal with Wenger pioneered this sort of scouting and bent work permit rules to get them in. When you guys moan, you forget the young players Wenger signed before anyone had a clue. Wenger led the way, not just in England. He brought the likes of Yusuf Forfana and George Weah to Europe. He gave them the status as equals at a time when racism was a problem.

These things are still at the club, the club is still innovating. The club is still looking at ways to improve, it is why they have stayed at the top end with the resources they have spent. Indeed there is a story doing the rounds of disagreements btw Wenger and Galzidis on the use of stats to sign players. Wenger does not believe 100% on data, he believes data should confirm what the eye sees and feels the club has gone too far in its over reliance on StatDNA - the club's svouting tool.

But the days of Arsenal getting them early are gone and the others being behind are gone. When you lot moan about Kante, you forget Bellerin. Arsenal cannot sign every young player.

Everyone has caught up. Arsenal must back up whatever it has with money because Sports Science has helped reduced the gap. Arsenal or any team can no longer stay at the top like we have without spending more on the team and squad. We got away with it for years, we even won Doubles and went unbeaten but those days are gone.

Arsenal are now at a crossroads, one thing I know is there is so much more right than wrong at Arsenal. Arsenal will not throw away the baby with the bath water. I am not the emotional type, I just try to look at the big picture from what I know and draw my conclusions dispassionately.
didn't read your thesis, but let me summarize:
No fault of Wenger's but the fault of the moaning fans, abi? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

didn't read your thesis, but let me summarize:
No fault of Wenger's but the fault of the moaning fans, abi? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Nope! Na all dem fault. :taunt: :taunt:

If stories of d#$% Law being fired are true. He looks like the fall guy.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

The 'Special One-One' has done it again. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Peperempe opens the door, Klopp holding a window open. Beloved is back in the top four, someone tell Bayern to order the Vaseline.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Waffiman wrote:The 'Special One-One' has done it again. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

The 'Special One-One's' draws at home to small teams

Stoke City 1-1
Burnley 1-1
Arsenal 1-1
Hull City 0-0
Bournemouth 1-1
West Brom 0-0
Liverpool 1-1
Swansea 1-1

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Abeg no game thread ?
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

so fortunate to be 0-0 at HT, so many no shows, so poor off the ball. Arsenal won't get away with such a dire performance in the 2nd half.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:so fortunate to be 0-0 at HT, so many no shows, so poor off the ball. Arsenal won't get away with such a dire performance in the 2nd half.
we will. we don't have an offensive philosophy, but all it takes takes is one goal to steal the NLD. We will win.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Hopefully wennick a victory, spurs is good but we should take care of them. Alot of players have not show up in first half.I will not blame anyone but never like the line up Wenger set up
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

AW's bad call is to have Ox play wingback knowing he doesn't have a lot of defensive support - He'll serve us better with a shorter pitch by playing centrally with Hector as WB.
Giroud is M.I.A!!!! - hope we stay solid & get some goals!!!
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

A must win game before heading to next weekend game against Manu.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

4 years in and yet another anonymous Ozil effort in a big away game..FFS Ozil at least maximize your effort if not your skill.
Detective Bunk Moreland

Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

1-0 Spurs Alli.

It's been coming, Arsenal hve been piss poor all day. deserve no less.
Detective Bunk Moreland

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Oh dearie me 2-0

Wha choo looking at?!
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

2-0 Spurs..Kane PK

Route is now on..... :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
Detective Bunk Moreland

Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Useless team :curse:
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Paper truly unable to hold all those cracks today..Spurs better team by far all season and better team by far on the day
Detective Bunk Moreland

felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Murderators, pls merge dis game thread with d other spurs thread. :taunt: you guys won't even discuss in d same thread. Na wah o.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

No proper game thread :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Absurd management from AW on the day. Arsenal dire in 1st half and no changes until dwen 2-0...... :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
Detective Bunk Moreland