Women's World Cup 2023

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Women's World Cup 2023

Post by felarey »

3 nil! After 23 mins. Renard has his team pressing high and the Moroccans can’t deal with it.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

The Arabian team didn’t come to play or what? 3-0 already?
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Jamaica lost because my girl Kiki didn't play.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

I’m not worried about Morocco. Most of their players play locally and they just won the women’s CAF champions league. Their federation is more professional than ours and they can easily recruit talents from France. Their outlook looks good despite this beating.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

akamoke wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:48 am
mcal wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:46 pm
akamoke wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:04 pm So they lost because they were woke?, ok!!!!!
...'woke' is the trending deplorable MAGAt speak.
Their chief, DeSantis, don't even know what it means but he champions it while running his state.
What I don't get from the US "patriots" giving the team hell now are:

1. Whatever happened to "their" patriotism - last I heard "USA" lost to Sweden , not "Woke USA"
2. Sweden is more to the left of the USA, so I would suspect they are more "Woke"
3. For some reason there is a strong overlap between those chastizing the girls for being unpatriotic and those who supported the "insurrection"

What happened yesterday can be attributed to lack of penetration upfront in goal, battle fatigue (they are back to back champions so many teams have them in their sights

Nothing to do with Wokeism (which in my view is a noble thing if you go by the original definition)

Ill concede though that the crusade of Meghan may have affected their concentration in the whole tournament, winning the trophy (yet again) may have solidified their story (although winning 6 times should have done that) but you know what, I also look back to 1968 when the US Olympic athletes were implored to just ignore things that affect their daily lives and just entertain the peanut gallery. Their actions exposed injustice in their country and whilst they were sacrificed, the next generation took up the mantle and ran with it

Meagan may be chastised now, but she has definitely opened a can of worms which undoubtedly the younger generation will take on, and if you think this signals the end of the US women team, think again
...you, no sane person can make sense of the political/cultural situation in the USA today. The so called rightist, evangelicals, deniers, have turned things upside down. Their motto or move is, if a Democrat like it, "we Republicans will dislike it, and if they dislike it, we will like it".

You notice how they chose American foreign foes over their own leadership simply because the leader belong to the opposing party.

Hate is the way to go now in America. Scary.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Cito wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:29 pm The Arabian team didn’t come to play or what? 3-0 already?
They lost. They are African again :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Wha choo looking at?!
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

This Moroccan team was highly overrated! They aren't their men's team and have no business being at the WC! I am sure Cameroon, Ghana, and CIV all have better teams than Morocco. They tried but I was not impressed!

Germany 6 Morocco 0
France 4 Morocco 0

They beat a Colombian team resting players that have already won the group! South Korea win is the only creditable win for them.
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

packerland wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:55 pm I’m not worried about Morocco. Most of their players play locally and they just won the women’s CAF champions league. Their federation is more professional than ours and they can easily recruit talents from France. Their outlook looks good despite this beating.
you can go support them. Rubbish. the trash Arab team that couldn't defeat a 9 women FALCONs in regulation plus ET.. you are just a hypocrite . Even after watching the best ever CAF women team at the WC in 2023 , you are still here rating an Arab team of your own ...smh Are you Arab?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Undertaker wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:43 pm This Moroccan team was highly overrated! They aren't their men's team and have no business being at the WC! I am sure Cameroon, Ghana, and CIV all have better teams than Morocco. They tried but I was not impressed!

Germany 6 Morocco 0
France 4 Morocco 0

They beat a Colombian team resting players that have already won the group! South Korea win is the only creditable win for them.
That is not true. Fake News!
Colombia played their full squad. In fact, the coach was under pressure to rest players because several were on yellows and risked getting second yellows and missing the Jamaica game. Only one of them ended up in trouble though.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Kabalega wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:48 pm
Undertaker wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:43 pm This Moroccan team was highly overrated! They aren't their men's team and have no business being at the WC! I am sure Cameroon, Ghana, and CIV all have better teams than Morocco. They tried but I was not impressed!

Germany 6 Morocco 0
France 4 Morocco 0

Colombia played their full squad. In fact, the coach was under pressure to rest players because several were on yellows and risked getting second yellows and missing the Jamaica game. Only one of them ended up in trouble though.
Dude, they had already won the group and qualified! They didn't need the game and rested players. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Undertaker wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:23 pm

Germany 6 Morocco 0
France 4 Morocco 0

Dude, they had already won the group and qualified! They didn't need the game and rested players. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Why are you arguing over something you know to be wrong?

Colombia rested only the following players:
2 Solai Washington
5 Konya Plummer
6 Havana Solaun
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Kabalega wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:54 pm

Germany 6 Morocco 0
France 4 Morocco 0

2 Solai Washington
5 Konya Plummer
6 Havana Solaun
Dude, Cameroon beat Brazil and Tunisia beat France at Qatar 2022! Do you know why? Both France and Brazil have already won the group. If they both need the game, they would have beaten Tunisia and Cameroon 3-0 or more!
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

In spite of an intense work schedule, I've managed to stay up late and watch many games. Or I get up early and watch recordings.

I think we're at an inflection point. Nearly all teams are learning to play disciplined defense and are closing the athletic gap. Germany, USA, Canada, and Norway are nearly not as good technically to win as decisively as they used too...especially since women so far seem incapable of final 1/3 fluency and simply shooting.

I actually count how much time forwards have on the ball. USA bombed Sweden with Morgan, Smith, Williams, and Rodman. All are great athletes with decent enough skill...but had <= 1 second and couldn't execute. So many shanks and sky highs.

When the score is so low, any team can really win. As such, you won't have a USA or Germany winning frequently. USA has to run a gauntlet of Europeans teams that will probably be even better as they apply their football culture, which includes forgoing education. And, I suspect, African women will make the breakthrough too.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Undertaker wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:01 pm

Germany 6 Morocco 0
France 4 Morocco 0

2 Solai Washington
5 Konya Plummer
6 Havana Solaun
Dude, Cameroon beat Brazil and Tunisia beat France at Qatar 2022! Do you know why? Both France and Brazil have already won the group. If they both need the game, they would have beaten Tunisia and Cameroon 3-0 or more!
So you agree Colombia did NOT rest their players like you claimed above?
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

2 Solai Washington
5 Konya Plummer
6 Havana Solaun

They rested their best three players above! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Undertaker wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:11 am 2 Solai Washington
5 Konya Plummer
6 Havana Solaun

They rested their best three players above! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Resting 3 players out of 11? Can you prove those were their best players as you claim?
The Colombian coach did NOT rest the first team players as you claimed above. Some coaches prefer to have continuity.
Please get solid facts to prove your point instead of making things up.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Kabalega wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:55 am
5 Konya Plummer
6 Havana Solaun
:-x :lol:
They rested their best three players above! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Resting 3 players out of 11? Can you prove those were their best players as you claim?
The Colombian coach did NOT rest the first team players as you claimed above. Some coaches prefer to have continuity.
What’s this issue about whether they rested players or not?
To quote a famous CE poster, “What does this do to improve the lot of Africans?”
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Damunk wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:52 pm
Kabalega wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:55 am
5 Konya Plummer
6 Havana Solaun
:-x :lol:
They rested their best three players above! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
What’s this issue about whether they rested players or not?
To quote a famous CE poster, “What does this do to improve the lot of Africans?”
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Just trying to get the brother to fess up to his lazy analysis. But he doubled down…. :)
This is the type of analysis they make about African footie too. Compare people’s posts on CE in 2003 to 2023. It’s the same ol’ stuff even as the African landscape has changed.
Last edited by Kabalega on Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
lionga
Egg
Egg

Post by lionga »

2 Solai Washington
5 Konya Plummer
6 Havana Solaun
Kabalega and Undertaker una heads no dey house :lol: :rotf:

Guy lists a handful of Jamo benchwarmers as the nonessential players Colombia rested, then Undertaker claims that those were Colombia's best players. So Colombia's best players were warming the bench for Jamaica? :lol: :rotf:
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

lionga wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:59 pm

2 Solai Washington
5 Konya Plummer
6 Havana Solaun

Guy lists a handful of Jamo benchwarmers as the nonessential players Colombia rested, then Undertaker claims that those were Colombia's best players. So Colombia's best players were warming the bench for Jamaica? :lol: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"History shows that this club has had very few strikers like him. I do not know if there has ever been anyone like him before. What I do know is that Barcelona should erect a statue for him. Samuel was a fundamental player here in recent years and was key to all of the titles that the team won."

Andres Iniesta, August 2009
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

lionga wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:59 pm

2 Solai Washington
5 Konya Plummer
6 Havana Solaun

That’s a whole new level…
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

So guys, who do you want to win this thing now we and all other African teams are out, including Jamaica?
I’m talking about sentiment here, not punditry.

I know you ABE guys are ever present, but consider this:
I want England to win it for one simple, selfish reason: Nigeria.
We are the only country that subdued them.
We are the only country they haven’t scored against.
We are the only country their own press and pundits have openly stated should have knocked them out but for luck and small ojoro.

If England continue to win and claim the trophy, it further validates our strength. Plus England as World Champions will probably push the Super Falcons’ FIFA ranking even higher.
If however England gets beaten ‘like dem steal something’ (which technically they have :rotf: ), then the implications would be that maybe they aren’t that special after all, and anyone can do what we did to them.
No, I want us to have that special honour. Let them beat everyone else like a drum.

For me, the discomfort of a gloating English press means nothing compared to the satisfaction of knowing that the world will have even greater respect for the Falcons and most importantly, that the Falcons themselves will step onto any field, anywhere, against anybody, fully believing they can beat them, no shakin’.

That’s why I want England to win. It’s all about the Falcons, not the Englishman’s ego.
Let’s not get it twisted.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:04 am So guys, who do you want to win this thing now we and all other African teams are out, including Jamaica?
I’m talking about sentiment here, not punditry.

I know you ABE guys are ever present, but consider this:
I want England to win it for one simple, selfish reason: Nigeria.
We are the only country that subdued them.
We are the only country they haven’t scored against.
We are the only country their own press and pundits have openly stated should have knocked them out but for luck and small ojoro.

If England continue to win and claim the trophy, it further validates our strength. Plus England as World Champions will probably push the Super Falcons’ FIFA ranking even higher.
If however England gets beaten ‘like dem steal something’ (which technically they have :rotf: ), then the implications would be that maybe they aren’t that special after all, and anyone can do what we did to them.
No, I want us to have that special honour. Let them beat everyone else like a drum.

For me, the discomfort of a gloating English press means nothing compared to the satisfaction of knowing that the world will have even greater respect for the Falcons and most importantly, that the Falcons themselves will step onto any field, anywhere, against anybody, fully believing they can beat them, no shakin’.

That’s why I want England to win. It’s all about the Falcons, not the Englishman’s ego.
Let’s not get it twisted.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
England have been piss poor , two wins by 1-0 and then a 7 goals to 1 win vs a China team with zero press. I am picking Japan , Aus, Spain
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved