Monaco vs Arsenal 0-2 (FT) (Agg 3-3) Monaco advance

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Monaco vs Arsenal 0-2 (FT) (Agg 3-3) Monaco advance

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

enemies (of our progress) are out in full force, I see. Yeye people.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:enemies (of our progress) are out in full force, I see. Yeye people.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

anikulapo wrote:So how did Ozil play :tic: Same old okpolo eyed slug? :taunt:
Talk to your boy Shakinson. :rotf:
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:enemies (of our progress) are out in full force, I see. Yeye people.
Oga Chief, I do not understand fans having a pop at other fans for praising the team for the way we played. Like it's not ok to be disappointed and praise.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Ring a Ring a Roses
A pocket full of roses
Ashes Ashes
We all fall down!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

anikulapo wrote:Why am I not surprised the West Virginian Mountain Goat is out in full force and.spamming the site with his drivel and ecstasy at an Arsenal set back.

What a lousy wanker ..Please go somewhere else and glory hunt ...elede :roll:
angel*. Unlike you, Waffi, sky etc. I am guest and foremost an Arsenal fan before a Wenger fan.

After the first leg I said Arsenal will win the return leg but lose the tie. I'm not necessarily a clairvoyant. That's been how they've been for years and the sooner you all admit it falls squarely on the manager the better for us all. They've been failing before Özil and Giroud were acquired. So it'll be sheer folly to blame them or any player. Wenger is the only common denominator in all those years of futility. I said this after they lost to Bayern. You all just keep getting fooled by hollow victories against teams that clearly felt the tie was already won.

This will happen again next season. Mark my words.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

theYemster wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Why am I not surprised the West Virginian Mountain Goat is out in full force and.spamming the site with his drivel and ecstasy at an Arsenal set back.

angel*. Unlike you, Waffi, sky etc. I am guest and foremost an Arsenal fan before a Wenger fan.

After the first leg I said Arsenal will win the return leg but lose the tie. I'm not necessarily a clairvoyant. That's been how they've been for years and the sooner you all admit it falls squarely on the manager the better for us all. They've been failing before Özil and Giroud were acquired. So it'll be sheer folly to blame them or any player. Wenger is the only common denominator in all those years of futility. I said this after they lost to Bayern. You all just keep getting fooled by hollow victories against teams that clearly felt the tie was already won.

Yemster,
Don't dwell too long on that one game. The loss to Monaco has been the only bad patch this year. Save for that the team has come correct this year both before and after that loss. I would rather focus on the positives rather than dwell on the one blip.
The messed up in the first leg but have since won 4 games since then.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

It is disgraceful that we have now been reduced to celebrating the performance rather than the outcome of yesterday's match.

We cannot claim to be greater fans of Arsenal than former players Lee Dixon and Emmanuel Petit. They both concluded that Arsenal should have qualified but for our abysmal defending and missed goal opportunities at the Emirates.

It was bloody Monaco NOT Chelsea or Real Madrid!
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

cchinukw wrote:It is disgraceful that we have now been reduced to celebrating the performance rather than the outcome of yesterday's match.

We cannot claim to be greater fans of Arsenal than former players Lee Dixon and Emmanuel Petit. They both concluded that Arsenal should have qualified but for our abysmal defending and missed goal opportunities at the Emirates.

No one here is celebrating the performance. There is difference between celebrating and praising.
Blukyt
Egg
Egg
Re: Monaco vs Arsenal 0-1 (2H) (Agg 3-2)FT Monaco advance

Post by Blukyt »

Waffiman wrote:No anger about tonight at all, that was a really positive display. We lost it in the first leg, as we all feared at the time.

I must add, the gods were really against us in both legs. Cannot believe how unlucky we have been.
We were not unlucky bruh. We were stupid. Very very stupid in the 1st leg. We paid the price. Showed character to try correct the wrongs, but we gotta take the L.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Waffiman wrote:
cchinukw wrote:It is disgraceful that we have now been reduced to celebrating the performance rather than the outcome of yesterday's match.

No one here is celebrating the performance. There is difference between celebrating and praising.
I have no problem praising the players but definitely not the coach. If this was the first time then yes, but it's a pattern.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Ekorian wrote:Arsenal against Monaco. :lol: :lol: :lol:

They got knecked the feck oooouuuuuuttttttt. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :clap: :clap: :clap: :bump: :bump: :bump: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :agree: :agree: :agree: :drool: :drool: :drool:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

theYemster wrote:

Whatever you are, please stick to it, do not use me to justify your position. It's pointless because we are all Arsenal fans and we all support our club no matter Manager or players. At least that's the way it is for me.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Ekorian wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

...even small boy Roberto come coach win 8-) 8-) 8-)
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

mcal wrote:
Ekorian wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

...even small boy Roberto come coach win 8-) 8-) 8-)
Dayum :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Waffiman wrote:
amafolas wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Skylolo wrote:Unlike many here I hope Wenger gives the boys they credit they deserve for that performance tonight. People said we could not score against Monaco, cannot contain Kondogbia etc etc......this could have been a different result had Welbecks ball not been cleared off the line with the Monaco GK well beaten.

We have all rightfully criticized the team for the performance 3 weeks ago, today was a different performance but it was not enough. Ozil, Cazorla, Kos etc etc stood up like Giants in that second half....Coquelin played his part in the first it bodes well for the future.

Most shortsighted people will continue to think these near misses after impressive away performances count for nothing, but football is a funny old game...the levels we attain to gain victories like this push us forward in our growth as a team as we pursue the biggest trophies in the future.
Well said.

Recall Arsenal losing out on double in crushing fashion 98/99, UEFA cup final on PK's in 2000, 2001 FA cup final on last minute Owen brace.

The invincibles did just miraculously appear, there was a ton of heart break on the path to glory. I know a its cliche but champions are always tested by failure. Now its up to this team to show they retain such resilience in the week, months and years ahead. May sound naive but I confident this Arsenal will step up to the challenge.
Word!
yo waffi. if your friend Wenger wasn't playing let-me-see-what-I-can-get-away-with with our defense at the start of the season, won't we be challenging Chelsea right now. It was horribly irresponsible of the man to go into the season with only 2 senior CD's, one of which was Mertesecker and needed a break.
Our defensive wahala at the start of the seaso will cost us a possible league title this year. Gabriel or someone of that sort should have been bought in summer not in January.
I disagree. The injuries were the problem. He lost his players and could not even train with them. The difference since the players came back is clear. Notice how the injury regime has changed. No rushing players back.
Injuries were not the problem. Horrible squad managment was. We had injuries on the offensive end too but that's not why we were dropping points. Defensively we lacked numbers period! Imagine if we didn't get Welbz and Sanchez till January how thin we would have been attacking wise.

The injuries killed us defensively because we lacked enough numbers. Gabriel and Coquelin-like player should have been sorted out in summer not till later in the season. Do those two, and we would have been able to weather injuries storm much better.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Giroud's ineptitude clearly cost us this tie haba how many.goals can one.man miss.

Over the two legs there were at least five goals that a fairly decent striker would have buried to send us to the next round. Oh well you pay the price for letting your fate rest with mediocre players yet claim to have lofty goals :curse:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Monaco vs Arsenal 0-1 (2H) (Agg 3-2)

Ekorian wrote:Mo gbe :ohmy:
:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: hen...na so belle pain you during the game? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

YemiBrazil wrote:Referee blow whistle now
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

pajimoh wrote:God help Monaco. These goons no go let earth rest o

even Breda Jimoh was panicking after Arsenal scored the second goal :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
AFCON 2019 sweet o

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:Referee blow whistle now
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Can you imagine the ref?

prolonging goons agony? :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

pajimoh wrote:
Ekorian wrote:Arsenal against Monaco. :lol: :lol: :lol:

They got knecked the feck oooouuuuuuttttttt. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :clap: :clap: :clap: :bump: :bump: :bump: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :agree: :agree: :agree: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Never gets old. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

amafolas wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
amafolas wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Skylolo wrote:Unlike many here I hope Wenger gives the boys they credit they deserve for that performance tonight. People said we could not score against Monaco, cannot contain Kondogbia etc etc......this could have been a different result had Welbecks ball not been cleared off the line with the Monaco GK well beaten.

We have all rightfully criticized the team for the performance 3 weeks ago, today was a different performance but it was not enough. Ozil, Cazorla, Kos etc etc stood up like Giants in that second half....Coquelin played his part in the first it bodes well for the future.

Most shortsighted people will continue to think these near misses after impressive away performances count for nothing, but football is a funny old game...the levels we attain to gain victories like this push us forward in our growth as a team as we pursue the biggest trophies in the future.
Well said.

Recall Arsenal losing out on double in crushing fashion 98/99, UEFA cup final on PK's in 2000, 2001 FA cup final on last minute Owen brace.

The invincibles did just miraculously appear, there was a ton of heart break on the path to glory. I know a its cliche but champions are always tested by failure. Now its up to this team to show they retain such resilience in the week, months and years ahead. May sound naive but I confident this Arsenal will step up to the challenge.
Word!
yo waffi. if your friend Wenger wasn't playing let-me-see-what-I-can-get-away-with with our defense at the start of the season, won't we be challenging Chelsea right now. It was horribly irresponsible of the man to go into the season with only 2 senior CD's, one of which was Mertesecker and needed a break.
Our defensive wahala at the start of the seaso will cost us a possible league title this year. Gabriel or someone of that sort should have been bought in summer not in January.
I disagree. The injuries were the problem. He lost his players and could not even train with them. The difference since the players came back is clear. Notice how the injury regime has changed. No rushing players back.
Injuries were not the problem. Horrible squad managment was. We had injuries on the offensive end too but that's not why we were dropping points. Defensively we lacked numbers period! Imagine if we didn't get Welbz and Sanchez till January how thin we would have been attacking wise.

The injuries killed us defensively because we lacked enough numbers. Gabriel and Coquelin-like player should have been sorted out in summer not till later in the season. Do those two, and we would have been able to weather injuries storm much better.
Go have a look at the injuries and the pattern of. Talking about numbers, that was exactly the problem - we lost too many simultaneously for 2 positions.