ABEG Squadron. Report for duty!

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ABEG Squadron. Report for duty!

Post by The YeyeMan »

danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 2:48 am
They continue to disrespect us, but we have negroes who will bow to them :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Coach wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:31 pm Knock, knock.
Who’s there?
Ball over.
Ball over who?
Ball over the backline with Alejandro steaming in you tapas eating tart. Bosh!

A little tweak of European tactics by ETH, and Foden is lost in Hatton wonderland...
Overrated :blink: :blink:
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^Foden overrated?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Kane is their captain, but it is the black boy they continue to go after. This subtile racism is very clear and any black person who supports England is clearly someone who is deeply hateful of himself. Disgusting
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

They dont want to tell us about Palmer, Foden, Rice or their Captain, Kane. They are more interested in whether the black boy should be playing "6". B45t4rd country :oops: ... notice pic used had 2 black players
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

This was what the same paper had to say about Palmer:

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

And then, they needed to demonize the black child, in order to push for the "return" of a white boy.

Notice how they used the word "discipline" to describe something the black boy doesnt have. But then, they advocate for the "return" of a white boy, who is one of the most tactically indiscipline players you will ever see on the pitch?

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Coach wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 1:53 pm ^Foden overrated?

Yes. An uppity Englishman pushed beyond his stations.
Its an English tradition btw...

Remember Super Mac?
Le Tissier?
More like Le Tits :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

txj wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 2:19 pm

Remember Super Mac?
Le Tissier?
Chief every country over hypes their own.
The Brits just have a bigger platform because
of the vast appeal of the EPL
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Sleaky72 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 2:49 pm
txj wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 2:19 pm

Remember Super Mac?
Le Tissier?
Chief every country over hypes their own

Not really...
Not the Germans, Italians, Spanish, Brazilians, etc

The English have a patent on hype...

mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Hi Naija friends. I'm back from the usual work routine killing me at the end, with 4 more years till I retire.

:)

Yet I reported for ABEG duty!

Croatia is arriving. Watch us today vs Portugal. We're built to handle England. Just like in the 2018 WC semifinal.

I figure a defense of: Gvardiol - Sutalo - Erlic - Stanisic, with Juranovic and Sosa as subs, can handle Kane, Bellingham, and Saka.

And that a midfield of Kovacic - Brozovic - Modric, with ~20 year olds Sucic and Baturina as subs, can handle Rice and his cohorts in the middle.

The battle is here. Abeg! Please!

:rotf:
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

mate wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 3:15 pm Hi Naija friends. I'm back from the usual work routine killing me at the end, with 4 more years till I retire.

Croatia is arriving. Watch us today vs Portugal. We're built to handle England. Just like in the 2018 WC semifinal.

I figure a defense of: Gvardiol - Sutalo - Erlic - Stanisic, with Juranovic and Sosa as subs, can handle Kane, Bellingham, and Saka.

And that a midfield of Kovacic - Brozovic - Modric, with ~20 year olds Sucic and Baturina as subs, can handle Rice and his cohorts in the middle.

Good man. How do you rate Croatia's chances and are you travelling to Germany?
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Those pictures with Saka is wild. Did they call themselves and all decide to make Saka the face of that defeat? The English media has always been evil, but even for them using a sub who played 25 minutes as the face of the defeat is low. It is obvious they don't like the fact that he is one of their best players.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I don't think they will do well btw. Too many overhyped players eg Foden, Rice and Bellingham. A weirdo of a keeper, no left back and a mediocre CD (Dunk).

Now some people might tell me Bellingham is just 20, but he was the worst player on the pitch on the Champions League final and almost as bad in the semi-finals. He's a cross between Lampard and Gerard and the typical English all action low creative player. They will be found out.

Their best players are Kane and Saka but that's not enough.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

airwolex wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:38 pm Those pictures with Saka is wild. Did they call themselves and all decide to make Saka the face of that defeat? The English media has always been evil, but even for them using a sub who played 25 minutes as the face of the defeat is low. It is obvious they don't like the fact that he is one of their best players.
It's not just an English problem but they sure do it a lot. Even that nonsense with Lookman after the Europa League final gives insight into how those media loons think.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

airwolex wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:45 pm I don't think they will do well btw. Too many overhyped players eg Foden, Rice and Bellingham. A weirdo of a keeper, no left back and a mediocre CD (Dunk).

Now some people might tell me Bellingham is just 20, but he was the worst player on the pitch on the Champions League final and almost as bad in the semi-finals. He's a cross between Lampard and Gerard and the typical English all action low creative player. They will be found out.

It's a very flawed squad and team. I don't expect them to win it and an "earlier-than-expected" exit wouldn't surprise me.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

The YeyeMan wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 6:41 pm
mate wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 3:15 pm Hi Naija friends. I'm back from the usual work routine killing me at the end, with 4 more years till I retire.

Good man. How do you rate Croatia's chances and are you travelling to Germany?
I posted on the Euro 2024 thread, if you have time to check out what I wrote. But I think we have a more balanced squad than in WC 2022, where we took 3rd place...as now we have some offense: not world class, but serviceable, playing in front of world class midfield and defense.

My top picks:
#1 France
#2 England: unfortunately they are that good on paper...comes down to Bellingham and Rice being able to control the midfield with authority and class, something England has not had since 1970. This really might be different if these 2 jokers measure up ...and they just might.

Europe has a lot of good teams right now. Any 1 of these are in the next tier from the above favorites...can possibly win:
Croatia, Holland, Belgium, Spain, Portugal, Germany (serious favorite at home), even Italy.

Did you watch Croatia beat Portugal 2-1 on Saturday? 2 extremely talented teams. A pretty decent game for a friendly, the usual final tuneup.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

airwolex wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:45 pm I don't think they will do well btw. Too many overhyped players eg Foden, Rice and Bellingham. A weirdo of a keeper, no left back and a mediocre CD (Dunk).

I don't know about that. Like I said earlier, this time they just might have the personnel...not since 1970 was this true, with Charleton, Moore, and other world class talent. They took Brazil to the wire in a memorable game we all should watch...just to see what England once was.

They've since been all about huff and puff and hoof in desperation. Again, this team is different.

Bellingham is that good. I watch RM because of Modric. Jude is the real deal, if he maintains composure and keeps maturing. Like you said, he's young, evolving pretty fast.

Rice is capable of being a Roy Keane type for England. Can be a perfect holding midfielder and pivot. Again, let's see it to believe it. Just like Jude, let him show it.

I don't like these big mouthed jokers. Their media is insufferable with overhype and disparaging opponents. I kinda get along with most England fans, but the loudmouths are disproportionately loud.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

The YeyeMan wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 7:28 pm EURO 2024 will soon be upon us and Les Lions Trois have a strong chance of winning. Never in the 20+ years of A.B.E.G's existence have England won a trophy so let's keep up that tradition.

Les Bleus, we're relying on you.

Wetin be A.B.E.G.❓🤔❗️

Cheers.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

ANYONE BUT ENGLAND
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
Showboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Showboy »

The YeyeMan wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:21 pm ANYONE BUT ENGLAND
:thumbs: :thumbs:
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope" (Martin Luther King, Jr)
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

I think we hate England (and I do too)so much because of their media but this their Euro squad is pretty good. The defense might be their downfall but am happy they dropped some overrated players. If na Nigeria, the likes of Maguire will be in the team injury or not.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .