video of Arsenal fans throwing banana at Ade

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: video of Arsenal fans throwing banana at Ade

Post by tolahs »

YAYA!!i don't miss the point at all - now you wanna give lessons on self-loathing - maybe start with Sheyi's deep seated inferiority complex.Consult KKK member Keshi for info.
Your desperation at making some racist correlation is from the book of nazism with NOI spices thrown in.
Those who don't buy into your crap are all a sudden sell outs without race consciousness - sort you out 1st - you ain't my preacher(that's for sure)
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

CHeiii Odikwa serious for hia :mrgreen: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

See as that useless TOgo Man just dey cause Grown Naija men to display feelings :lol: :lol:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

anikulapo wrote:CHeiii Odikwa serious for hia :mrgreen: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

See as that useless TOgo Man just dey cause Grown Naija men to display feelings :lol: :lol:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

EagleGunner wrote:I have to say i am terribly dissapointed by the level of insults and name calling in order to make one's point. Most of us living in the UK have experienced and continue to experience racism either overtly or covertly on a personal level and to be accused by our fellow African brothers to be in cahoots or tolerant of this type of abhorrant behaviour is really low and uncalled for.

I do feel that football banter is football banter, but downright personal abuse and derogatory remarks is unacceptable and needs to be quelled. Are there no Mods or Site Admin anymore? No more rules? I am totally shocked with what i'm reading. I was going to respond to a few posts with some information as i believed those posts were made ignorant of the facts, but i think i will pass as this doesnt seem like mature debate to get involved in.

Please, can we cut out the insults...it is a football forum i believe.

KPOM!!

We all have our own points of veiw. BTW babafad and Waffiman are no uncletoms. I've met them both. It's just that when it comes to Arsenal, Arsene seems to have used juju on them. :D
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

metalalloy wrote:Guys make we take am sofry. Some of these insults are just uncalled for. Adebayor wey una dey fight over dey im bed jejely probably gbanshin one babe. All these personal attacks are juvenile...
true talk :thumbs:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

I am disturbed and disgusted by a number of things

1) Banana throwing. What the hell entered the mind of those Arsenal *kindpeople* to do this? Where did they get the fruit from?

2) Certain fan responses. Are we excusing the fans because they are fellow club members? That is fvcking disgusting!!

3) Van Persie, Wenger et al. Goodness Gracious and they have the nerve to misyarn - What is Wenger's problem? All Africans at the club shud think about their stay there. I cant think of any black player that started under Wenger that ended well as in retired there. They all left - Cole, Vieira, Kanu, Henry Sheyi, Toure. Eboue and Song shud start looking away. I mean even Eboue was insulted last season!!

4) I have never seen this before!! Never and I will be reconsidering my support for all and any English clubs. This is a nationwide insult!!

5) And Arsenal need to stop using this incident to hide their own ineptness. I think I can safely conclude that there will be a new entry into the top 4. Man City look up for it as long as they dont lose focus. They have the team to do so!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
naijaspurs
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaspurs »

ojafranpa wrote:
naijaspurs wrote:Henry did the same thing against Spurs when he equalised in the 1-1 draw at the library. Spurs fans didn't throw bananas at him.

The outrage over Adebayor is racist, it's because he's an African that he is being so pilloried. It's unbelievable that commentators are justifying the loutish behaviour of the Arse fans.
So my brother Henry used to play for Spuds.

"Against Spurs", my friend, against.
Babafad
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babafad »

wale1974 wrote:
Babafad wrote:
Nipsy wrote:To anyone trying to defend this, it is absolutely outrageous. This has NOTHING to do with Adebayor's behaviour on the day. Think about it: you're in the stands, the guy scores a goal and sprints over, and a banana (or some euphemistic substitute) suddenly materialises in your hand? So what are you telling me? You sprinted to the shops in mini-seconds and came back with it? It was obviously intended, and the same ilk of fandom had been harassing the guy before he left the club. They had their issues. We can talk all night about the fairness of that. But, for heaven's sake, just deal with it.
You are overlooking the fact that bananas are a freely/widely available commodity on the market. Normally, as is the case with eggs which are also thrown at antagonists, they are bought with the initial intent of being eaten.
HONESTLY I PRAY THAT KKK OR SKIN-HEAD WOULD PAY U A VISIT
They already have, and were dispatched with relative ease. :roll:
Being challenged in life is inevitable, being defeated is optional.
Babafad
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babafad »

EagleGunner wrote:I have to say i am terribly dissapointed by the level of insults and name calling in order to make one's point.
Around these parts, that is seen as being v healthy. If you can't stand the heat, one should consider staying away from the proverbial kitchen.

Where/when things get out of hand, necessary action will be taken..........so notin' spoil.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

It's such a shame this sort of thing is happening. Ade makes a move and he is being abused by the fans... Shame on the media and others who incited this whole charade leading up to the game. The Arsenal fans are not much different from what others in Manure, Spuds, Liverpool, Cheski and others do to foreign players... John Barnes spoke about this sort of behavior some years ago.
Soldier of Fortune...
Babafad
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babafad »

yaya wrote:You, my friend, may just be a compound fool! a village idi0ot at that. Ignorance is better than self-loathe. better look in the mirror and recognize that at the emirates, you are a #$%$*! you are a second class person, you are seen as beneath the "better" whites. they use your money to buy bananas and nooses to hang you and your kind. they there.
:rotf:

Inferiority complex is really gnawing away at your soul and is seriously compounding your ignorance. Try losing that chip on your shoulder, it might just lighten the burden you are having to bear. :oops:

Adebawhore's reaction was totally irresponsible. Incitement to riot is an arrestable offence and goading an already obviously disappointed group of people is not an excusable reaction for someone paid vast, vast sums of money to behave in a professional manner on a football pitch. His actions endangered everybody in the Arsenal away section and injuries were clearly visible. Adebawhore cannot use the excuse of emotion, he was simply an angel* who had taken leave of his senses having scored a well taken and crucial goal.

Whilst not condoning the throwing of ANYTHING, all this banana crap was an AFTER THE FACT act on the part of the Arsenal fans. It was a situation Adebawhore engineered and he got the "reward" he deserved.

The bananas were thrown at Adebawhore, not at me and the rest of my kin-folk. If those now crying buckets feel that the bananas were aimed at them as well, all I can do is offer the same advice I gave earlier............please remove that chip from you shoulder. It might just help you make a bit more progress in life. 8-)
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

metalalloy wrote:Guys make we take am sofry. Some of these insults are just uncalled for. Adebayor wey una dey fight over dey im bed jejely probably gbanshin one babe. All these personal attacks are juvenile...

Charity begins at home. This is the problem feral children, unlike feral cats and dogs, you cannot put them down, it is best to ignore their human equivalent, and not stoop to their level. The intelligent ones will learn to have civilised discourse on here as time goes by because it is just the way. One purpose of this forum is to educate and make civil people with no home training and manners. In time the decorum their parents failed to instil in them at home, will be learnt by them. That is one good thing about CE.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

EagleGunner wrote:I have to say i am terribly dissapointed by the level of insults and name calling in order to make one's point.
My bro, make I repeat. Charity begins at home. This is the problem feral children, unlike feral cats and dogs is, you cannot put them down and solve the problem, it is best to ignore their human equivalent, and not stoop to their level. The intelligent ones will learn to have civilised discourse on here as time goes by because it is just the way. One purpose of this forum is to educate and make civil people with no home training and manners. In time the decorum their parents failed to instil in them at home, will be learnt by them. That is one good thing about CE.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

airwolex wrote:
EagleGunner wrote:I have to say i am terribly dissapointed by the level of insults and name calling in order to make one's point. Most of us living in the UK have experienced and continue to experience racism either overtly or covertly on a personal level and to be accused by our fellow African brothers to be in cahoots or tolerant of this type of abhorrant behaviour is really low and uncalled for.

I do feel that football banter is football banter, but downright personal abuse and derogatory remarks is unacceptable and needs to be quelled. Are there no Mods or Site Admin anymore? No more rules? I am totally shocked with what i'm reading. I was going to respond to a few posts with some information as i believed those posts were made ignorant of the facts, but i think i will pass as this doesnt seem like mature debate to get involved in.

Please, can we cut out the insults...it is a football forum i believe.

KPOM!!

We all have our own points of veiw. BTW babafad and Waffiman are no uncletoms. I've met them both. It's just that when it comes to Arsenal, Arsene seems to have used juju on them. :D

Sharraaappppp!!! Na Roman money nor dey blind your eyes. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

So sad
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Yes, it was irresponsible, unprofessional, inciteful, but...it was not unique! It has been done before, Gary Neville, Wayne Rooney in particular, why is this any worse than what these two darlings buds of May, had done long before him?
Babafad wrote:
yaya wrote:You, my friend, may just be a compound fool! a village idi0ot at that. Ignorance is better than self-loathe. better look in the mirror and recognize that at the emirates, you are a #$%$*! you are a second class person, you are seen as beneath the "better" whites. they use your money to buy bananas and nooses to hang you and your kind. they there.

Inferiority complex is really gnawing away at your soul and is seriously compounding your ignorance. Try losing that chip on your shoulder, it might just lighten the burden you are having to bear. :oops:

Adebawhore's reaction was totally irresponsible. Incitement to riot is an arrestable offence and goading an already obviously disappointed group of people is not an excusable reaction for someone paid vast, vast sums of money to behave in a professional manner on a football pitch. His actions endangered everybody in the Arsenal away section and injuries were clearly visible. Adebawhore cannot use the excuse of emotion, he was simply an angel* who had taken leave of his senses having scored a well taken and crucial goal.

Whilst not condoning the throwing of ANYTHING, all this banana crap was an AFTER THE FACT act on the part of the Arsenal fans. It was a situation Adebawhore engineered and he got the "reward" he deserved.

The bananas were thrown at Adebawhore, not at me and the rest of my kin-folk. If those now crying buckets feel that the bananas were aimed at them as well, all I can do is offer the same advice I gave earlier............please remove that chip from you shoulder. It might just help you make a bit more progress in life. 8-)
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Babafad wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
Babafad wrote:
Nipsy wrote:To anyone trying to defend this, it is absolutely outrageous. This has NOTHING to do with Adebayor's behaviour on the day. Think about it: you're in the stands, the guy scores a goal and sprints over, and a banana (or some euphemistic substitute) suddenly materialises in your hand? So what are you telling me? You sprinted to the shops in mini-seconds and came back with it? It was obviously intended, and the same ilk of fandom had been harassing the guy before he left the club. They had their issues. We can talk all night about the fairness of that. But, for heaven's sake, just deal with it.
You are overlooking the fact that bananas are a freely/widely available commodity on the market. Normally, as is the case with eggs which are also thrown at antagonists, they are bought with the initial intent of being eaten.
HONESTLY I PRAY THAT KKK OR SKIN-HEAD WOULD PAY U A VISIT
They already have, and were dispatched with relative ease. :roll:
With what? your pot belle
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Babafad wrote:
Around these parts, that is seen as being v healthy. If you can't stand the heat, one should consider staying away from the proverbial kitchen.

Where/when things get out of hand, necessary action will be taken..........so notin' spoil.
Sure go ahead a exercise your right as a site admin :thumbs:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Sir Cristao wrote:I am disturbed and disgusted by a number of things

1) Banana throwing. What the hell entered the mind of those Arsenal *kindpeople* to do this? Where did they get the fruit from?

2) Certain fan responses. Are we excusing the fans because they are fellow club members? That is fvcking disgusting!!
I never thought I'd see the day when a club's allegiance would come in before your own country/continent.

This explains all the fan killings we read about in Africa whenever top EPL clubs play each other

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Babafad wrote:

Newsflash: Man City 4 - Arsenal 2

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

wale1974, I just deleted your post. Do yourself a favour do not ever refer to my kids again.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Waffiman wrote:wale1974, I just deleted your post. Do yourself a favour do not ever refer to my kids again.
With all due respect, i just asked you a question i wasn't trying to insult your family. I was talking to a fellow gooners like u the other day and they told me are cool u are and how u always make them feel at home whenever they come to London. Racism is a topic i don't joke with at all because i have been on the receiving end of a racial physical assault in the past, so i'm sure u can understand my beef with you and babafad. The forum is for yabish and discussion but when you let your loyalty cloud your judge especially when it comes to racism, that is where i have a problem.
Last edited by wale1974 on Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

wale1974 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:wale1974, I just deleted your post. Do yourself a favour do not ever refer to my kids again.
With all due respect, i just asked you a question i wasn't trying to insult your family. I was talking to a fellow gooners like u the other day and they told me are cool u are and how u always make them feel at home whenever they come to London. Racism is a topic i don't joke with at all because i have been on the receiving end of a racism physical assault in the past, so im sure u can understand my beef with you and babafad. The forum is for yabish and discussion but when you let your loyalty cloud your judge especially when it comes to racism, that is where i have a problem.
I do not have a problem. People can see an incident and not agree, they can always agree to disagree. Such discourse on a public forum should not get personal over a disagreement over an issue. There really is no need to make such comments over football banter.