video of Arsenal fans throwing banana at Ade

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: video of Arsenal fans throwing banana at Ade

Post by green4life »

Eagle Winged wrote:
green4life wrote:
Eagle Winged wrote: Who told you the same person was holding a beer? Who told you the same person didn't throw beer and the banana?
sadly for u shameless assnal appologists, the footage clearly shows 2 things: 1 cheap plastic stool + numerous banana skins. ... where's the beer can? burger wraper nko? abi una no dey chop buger for rondon? :taunt:
And i ask again; who told you the same person was holding a beer? Who told you the same person had a burger wraper?

A Chelsea fan getting on his high horse about shameless apologists and racism among fans. Now i've heard it all.

What next; Zenit St. Petersbourg opening a training academy in Lagos?
Only a delusional assnal fan will assume that a guy - scratch that: many fans - will go to a stadium and only buy banana while sitting thru 2hrs of a football game. Evidently money is so tight for assnal fans to the point that ya'll can only afford bananas. Even cup of water sef una no fit afford otherwise we'd have seen some cups being thrown at Adebayor. :roll:
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

I HAVE LOST EVERY RESPECT FOR SCUMS LIKE WaffiWOMAN AND BABAFAG.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Eagle Winged
Egg
Egg

Post by Eagle Winged »

green4life wrote:
Eagle Winged wrote:
green4life wrote:
Eagle Winged wrote: Who told you the same person was holding a beer? Who told you the same person didn't throw beer and the banana?
sadly for u shameless assnal appologists, the footage clearly shows 2 things: 1 cheap plastic stool + numerous banana skins. ... where's the beer can? burger wraper nko? abi una no dey chop buger for rondon? :taunt:
And i ask again; who told you the same person was holding a beer? Who told you the same person had a burger wraper?

A Chelsea fan getting on his high horse about shameless apologists and racism among fans. Now i've heard it all.

What next; Zenit St. Petersbourg opening a training academy in Lagos?
Only a delusional assnal fan will assume that a guy - scratch that: many fans - will go to a stadium and only buy banana while sitting thru 2hrs of a football game. Evidently money is so tight for assnal fans to the point that ya'll can only afford bananas. Even cup of water sef una no fit afford otherwise we'd have seen some cups being thrown at Adebayor. :roll:
"Many fans". Go watch the video again and tell me how many bananas you saw and how many Arsenal fans there were (even taking into account your clearly biased mind and vision). The fact that you ever in a million years could equate this to "many" shows your agenda.

I've said multiple times the accusations of racism are fair, yet you continue manipulating, exaggerating and flat out ignoring any viewpoint other than your own narrow one. If you're incapable of serious unbiased discussion, then kindly don't bother engaging me in conversation. You're usually in intelligent debate, but clearly your football loyalties and hatreds are getting in the way on this issue.
Eagle Winged
Egg
Egg

Post by Eagle Winged »

wale1974 wrote:
Babafad wrote:
Nipsy wrote:To anyone trying to defend this, it is absolutely outrageous. This has NOTHING to do with Adebayor's behaviour on the day. Think about it: you're in the stands, the guy scores a goal and sprints over, and a banana (or some euphemistic substitute) suddenly materialises in your hand? So what are you telling me? You sprinted to the shops in mini-seconds and came back with it? It was obviously intended, and the same ilk of fandom had been harassing the guy before he left the club. They had their issues. We can talk all night about the fairness of that. But, for heaven's sake, just deal with it.
You are overlooking the fact that bananas are a freely/widely available commodity on the market. Normally, as is the case with eggs which are also thrown at antagonists, they are bought with the initial intent of being eaten.
HONESTLY I PRAY THAT KKK OR SKIN-HEAD WOULD PAY U A VISIT
Please go and educate yourself and stop using the skinhead subculture in vain.
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

Where are those idiots from "Kick It Out?"

Whenever there are recist incidents in other countries, they pop up on TV to tell us how they have eradicated such things in England and how they are going to help other backward countries. Now, it happens here, they are silent. Not a single word. All the attenntion and anger is focused on Adebayor's stamping... :roll:
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
Eagle Winged
Egg
Egg

Post by Eagle Winged »

Vincent. wrote:Where are those idiots from "Kick It Out?"

Whenever there are recist incidents in other countries, they pop up on TV to tell us how they have eradicated such things in England and how they are going to help other backward countries. Now, it happens here, they are silent. Not a single word. All the attenntion and anger is focused on Adebayor's stamping... :roll:
I guess you conveniently missed the Carlton Cole incident a few weeks ago?
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Waffiman wrote:
Cellular wrote:
osa wrote:
jus2nang wrote:It was disgraceful and embarrassing. Every club has their idiots though. I'd like to think that if caught, they'd be banned for life. There is simply no excuse for throwing bananas. General abuse is fine, but when it is racial, then there's no place for it.

As for Adebayor, I condemn the stamp, but as for the celebration I think it's fair game. If fans abuse you, of course you'll want to rub it in when you score, that's natural. But the stamp on van P was a disgrace and he should be banned for it.

Call a spade a spade, I call it as I see it.

omg you just called a black man a spade... YOU RACIST!
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Just like your baseless empty arguments on these pages your attempt at defending the indefensible has fallen flat once again...

How can a supposedly black man condone such acts... "they threw what they had in their hands"?

Seriously, some folks need serious deprogramming...
On the contrary, Osa is right. Please you lot should get a life and stop trying to make this a club issue. Racism is a criminal offence in England, those fans are on camera and if their actions are racist they will be arrested and punished. I know most of you lot are clueless about the laws here but any blatent act of racist is not tolerated.

You cannot say the reason the bananas were thrown, was because they were racist or with racist intent. You just cannot make such a conclusion from the pictures unless you are God and read the minds of those throwing the objects. Those fans have seen Adebayor leave his team mates and warm up in front of them, they saw Adebayor just before kick off go to the Arsenal half, Adebayor had goaded them all afternoon and they have given it back. Is it any surprise when Adebayor celebrated the way he did that the fans will hold back and not throw anything at him. They threw all sorts at him including mobile phones, a shoe and a chair. They were angry, well vexed and lost control just like Adebayor did. They fact that they threw a banana in anger is no proof whatsoever of racism. I could easily have thrown bananas at Adebayor if I was at that stadium, because it was the only thing I had to throw. Given all what happened before that celebration, I am surprised a riot did not break out in the stadium. The police even said so.

In the 80s when bananas were thrown at Black players, they were accompanied with monkey chant and ape gestures, that was clear racism and it was disgusting and appalling. Nobody will dare do that now in England because you will go to jail, it is now criminal to do such a thing in England. The throwing of bananas proves nothing, it does not provide conclusive evidence of racism. It is open to interpretation depending on your bias and your hate for Arsenal. So you do not like Arsenal, it is racist, if you do, it is not. Big deal!!

Let us all stop this nonsense, Arsenal fans have a reputation in England for being amongst the best behaved, the club, in its long history of being a pioneer in the English game, rooted out all racist and facist elements long before any club even thought about doing a thing about it. Clubs like Manure, Spuds and Chelski, whose fans have sang that disgusting racist song about Adebayor, his mum and father should not dare come here and try to claim high ground. I will not tolerate such an open act of grand hypocrisy. I find these ITKs hypocrisy nauseating and ridiculous. I did not see them making all this noise when their fans sang a clear racist song at Adebayor, so who are these blasted hypocrites to talk now? They can all stick it up their arses because I got no time for their sanctimonious hypocritical drivel.

"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

BabaFad is taken this thing so seriouly and personally.... :biggrin:
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
naijaspurs
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaspurs »

Henry did the same thing against Spurs when he equalised in the 1-1 draw at the library. Spurs fans didn't throw bananas at him.

The outrage over Adebayor is racist, it's because he's an African that he is being so pilloried. It's unbelievable that commentators are justifying the loutish behaviour of the Arse fans.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

green4life wrote:
Eagle Winged wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
Thunder wrote:You guys need to cut it out. Adebayor was the insigator-in-chief. None of this would have happened, if he had not run the full length of the field to celebrate in front of the fans. Bear in mind also, that he was warming up in Arsenal's side of the field before been shepherd back to his sides. 'Am an Arsenal fan to the core, and didn't support the way he was treated, or his sale to city. But truth be told, he almost started a riot.
So i guess they brought the banana to chop during half-time, what is wrong with u people self?
Are you seriously suggesting people do not eat bananas? Or should not eat bananas at a football match?

When i'm sat at work and look around the office and see half the people eating bananas or pineapple, am i meant to be offended?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Did you notice it was already open and half eaten?

The accusations of racism are fair, but to just dismiss any other explanation (including blindingly obvious and clearly innocent ones) is just plain ridiculous and shows the accusations have less to do with being anti-racism and more to do with anti-Arsenal.

Grow up and get real.
beer can for one hand ... banana for the other... hmmm. Which one shall I troway to a black man. My beer? N1gga is u crazy? ... the decisions of an angry racist assnal fan. :rotf:
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Eagle Winged wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
Babafad wrote:
Nipsy wrote:To anyone trying to defend this, it is absolutely outrageous. This has NOTHING to do with Adebayor's behaviour on the day. Think about it: you're in the stands, the guy scores a goal and sprints over, and a banana (or some euphemistic substitute) suddenly materialises in your hand? So what are you telling me? You sprinted to the shops in mini-seconds and came back with it? It was obviously intended, and the same ilk of fandom had been harassing the guy before he left the club. They had their issues. We can talk all night about the fairness of that. But, for heaven's sake, just deal with it.
You are overlooking the fact that bananas are a freely/widely available commodity on the market. Normally, as is the case with eggs which are also thrown at antagonists, they are bought with the initial intent of being eaten.
pls educate us since you know so much fool
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

naijaspurs wrote:Henry did the same thing against Spurs when he equalised in the 1-1 draw at the library. Spurs fans didn't throw bananas at him.

The outrage over Adebayor is racist, it's because he's an African that he is being so pilloried. It's unbelievable that commentators are justifying the loutish behaviour of the Arse fans.
So my brother Henry used to play for Spuds.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

AreaDaddy wrote:Image

See babafag, waffiwoman and Eagle bitched
Eagle Winged
Egg
Egg

Post by Eagle Winged »

wale1974 wrote:
Eagle Winged wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
Babafad wrote:
pls educate us since you know so much fool
If you really want to know about the skinhead subculture, and not the myths and misinformation of the mass media, then open a thread in rant and rave and i'll gladly explain all. Failing that, do the research yourself or just continue to wallow in ignorance.
yaya

Post by yaya »

toyin133 wrote:
EagleGunner wrote:Is there no way you can make your point without the diatribe?
I believe it was a reaction to Babafad's ill mannered characterisation of Adebayor.
Thank you. since my return, I have been insulted relentlessly by waffiman, but his insults are the minor (moron, fool..e.t.c.) and am okay with that. but if babafag wants to insult adebayor's parents and upbringing, he should be ready to accept the failings in his own upbringing.
ROSSIKE
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ROSSIKE »

achuzia-the-air-raid wrote:I stopped supporting ashinal since 2002/03 or there about when that stupid whinger of a coach started benching Pappilo.

None of us would know what some of those black players go through in their locker room. Very disgraceful. :boo:

Same here. I used to love Arsenal until they conspired viciously against Kanu.

Terrible club, and racist to the core.

And I think the way they handled Gallas was racist too.
Imagination is more important than knowledge

- Albert Einstein

ROSSIKE
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ROSSIKE »

yaya wrote:
bret- hart wrote:
Thunder wrote:You guys need to cut it out. Adebayor was the insigator-in-chief. None of this would have happened, if he had not run the full length of the field to celebrate in front of the fans. Bear in mind also, that he was warming up in Arsenal's side of the field before been shepherd back to his sides. 'Am an Arsenal fan to the core, and didn't support the way he was treated, or his sale to city. But truth be told, he almost started a riot.

this is the weakest excuse i have hever read/heard. :boo:
you dont get it mehn!! Ade deserved it! Mandela deserved to go to jail! Dr. king deserved to die! Rosa Park deserved to get her #$% whipped! those poor blacks in the south deserved to be hung by nooses! and our forefathers deserved to be sold in slavery..i mean, only if they had all STFU and accepted their role as second class... a smiling negroe! they would not have been dealt with. :ohmy:
Bros.. I weak for some people o. Thanks for educating him.

- Albert Einstein

ROSSIKE
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ROSSIKE »

tfco wrote:
Waffiman wrote: I have heard from the fans at the stadium, the Police, the Man City stewrds at the Arsenal end, journalists etc. etc. Not one of them have said the Arsenal fans made racist comments or threw bananas at Adebayor with racist intent.
weak.
very weak.
how do you judge that a banana thrown at a black player is *without racist intent*. Come on guy, at some stage you've got to put this your club allegiance aside and just admit that the banana throwing was racist.
If he had a functioning brain, he would, but he hasn't.
Last edited by ROSSIKE on Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

- Albert Einstein

yaya

Post by yaya »

See babaFAG for the middle. the bloody #$%$ wan enter pitch fight adebayor. dem for let am. Ade would have given the angel* the beating of his miserable life. :veryangry:
ROSSIKE
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ROSSIKE »

NAIJA4EVA wrote:I stated in another thread to Yaya that i would need to analyse the video evidence. Having seen the video i would like to take this opportunity to make a personal apology to Yaya, Realtrouble and to the whole black race to not believing there were racial undertones to the abuse Adebayor got on Saturday.

The video clearly shows bananas being thrown at Adebayor, and seeing those faces of hate from the Arsenal supporters gets more sinister everytime i see it. The reason why i didn't think there was any racism involved was because it was not reported by the press-alas i forgot most of the press are run by white people. :( I am dissapointed that Adebayor, or none of the black players from Arsenal OR Man City kept quiet. had it not been for the close up video i would not have known. :boo:

However, we need to realise that this racism is not only from Arsenal supporters. I believe most, if not ALL white people are racists. If you do something to pi$$ them off, wait and see what hatred will come from their mouths. If Arsenal were docked points for it, i would be 100% behind it.

I made a terrible mistake. I believe deep down i knew all along. Maybe i just didn't want to believe it because it would have been to shameful, too disgraceful...and too hurtful. I am an Arsenal supporter, but a Black man first. I shall not be making those mistakes again.
Now that's what I call common sense. Kudos to you for your newfound insight.

:thumb:

- Albert Einstein

Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

Look at that guy to your right in a blue bottoned-up T-shirt. :rotf: :lol: :lol:
Nigeria shall wallop the dormitable lions
KB
Egg
Egg

Post by KB »

ROSSIKE wrote:
achuzia-the-air-raid wrote:I stopped supporting ashinal since 2002/03 or there about when that stupid whinger of a coach started benching Pappilo.

None of us would know what some of those black players go through in their locker room. Very disgraceful. :boo:

Same here. I used to love Arsenal until they conspired viciously against Kanu.

Terrible club, and racist to the core.

And I think the way they handled Gallas was racist too.
Kanu being a gentleman moved on quietly ignoring the a$$holes.
Ade who grew up in the rough neighborhood of Nyekonakpoe in Lome, was never going to go down without a fight! They chose the wrong guy to mess with. :mad:
The more widely Christianity was diffused, and the greater the number of people unprepared for it who were brought under its sway, the less it was understood, the more absolutely was its infallibility insisted on, and the less possible it became to understand the true meaning of the doctrine. Leo Tolstoy, 'The Kingdom of God is within you', Chap 3
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

yaya wrote:

See babaFAG for the middle. the bloody #$%$ wan enter pitch fight adebayor. dem for let am. Ade would have given the angel* the beating of his miserable life. :veryangry:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: