Refs Unfair to Man Utd - SAF

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Refs Unfair to Man Utd - SAF

Post by anointed »

analyzer wrote:
wiseone wrote:The offside Drogba goal that cost Man U the league title last season:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

1. I guess we all missed the clear shout for a PK after Neville totally took out Anelka in the box 18 with no intention of playing the ball.
2. Una boy Marcheda scored with his hands bundling in the ball into the net....

Safe to say things evened itself out..

:rotf: :rotf:
No one saw what Macheda scored with. In fact it more like anything thoracic or abdominal, not hand.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

anointed wrote:
analyzer wrote:
wiseone wrote:The offside Drogba goal that cost Man U the league title last season:

1. I guess we all missed the clear shout for a PK after Neville totally took out Anelka in the box 18 with no intention of playing the ball.

No one saw what Macheda scored with. In fact it more like anything thoracic or abdominal, not hand.
This
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

bk-one wrote:
anointed wrote:
analyzer wrote:

This
[/video]

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Kaiiii!!!
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

..and now, SAF is facing another touchline ban - this time for PRAISING a referee! This is a witch hunt by the FA!

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com//13052011 ... marks.html

Premier League - Ferguson charged over Webb remarks

Fri, 13 May 11:10:00 2011

Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson has been charged with improper conduct by the FA for calling Howard Webb "the best referee in the country". :shock:

The charge, which comes two months after Ferguson received a five-match touchline ban for criticising referees, relates to views expressed at a news conference before last Sunday's 2-1 victory over Chelsea.

FA regulations make it clear that managers are not allowed to comment on referees before a match, regardless of whether the statements are positive or negative.

"Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has been charged with improper conduct. The charge relates to media comments made about match official Howard Webb on May 6," the FA said in a statement.

"Ferguson has until 4pm on May 16 to respond to this charge."

Ferguson's previous misconduct charge from the FA came after he said he "feared the worse" when he found out Martin Atkinson was refereeing United's match at Stamford Bridge in March, which his team lost 2-1.

Before Chelsea headed to Manchester last weekend for a top-of-the-table clash, Ferguson was asked whether he took comfort from the fact that experienced World Cup final referee Webb would be officiating.

"He's definitely the best referee in the country, there is no doubt about that," Ferguson replied. "I think we're getting the best referee.

"We hope it's our turn for a little bit of luck."

Ferguson had spoken before about refereeing decisions seeming to go Chelsea's way, saying after April's Champions League quarter-final first leg that he felt no guilt when the referee failed to award the London side a penalty as United had waited years "to get a decision" at Stamford Bridge.

Ferguson may decide to wait until after the weekend before revealing whether he plans to appeal as his team can clinch the Premier League title on Saturday with a point at Blackburn Rovers.

Preview: Blackburn v Manchester United
Eurosport
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

He should STFU and not talk about referees period! :curse:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Shame Blackpool went down today. It was all down to more biased refereeing in Man U's favour:

*Park denied an obvious penalty.
*Blackpool equalise from a "free kick" that should not have been given.
*Blackpool score a goal from an offside position.

Terrible.Refs never give decisions against Man U... :roll:
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

wiseone wrote:Shame Blackpool went down today. It was all down to more biased refereeing in Man U's favour:

What about Anderson's handball in the penalty box? :roll: :roll:
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

airwolex wrote:
wiseone wrote:Shame Blackpool went down today. It was all down to more biased refereeing in Man U's favour:

What about Anderson's handball in the penalty box? :roll: :roll:
1 against 3?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

The point that people miss is that bad refereeing decisions go against Man U all the time as well, but no one ever notices or complains about it bc 90% of the time, Man U go on to win the game anyway.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

I find that hard to believe... You guys have gotten more breaks than any other team in the EPL... Every season courtesy of Howard Webb, Mike Riley and others...

wiseone wrote:The point that people miss is that bad refereeing decisions go against Man U all the time as well, but no one ever notices or complains about it bc 90% of the time, Man U go on to win the game anyway.
Soldier of Fortune...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

The angle the pix was taken proves nothing. If the was a foot away from Mach's hand and the pix taken at that same angle, it would appear that the ball is touching his arm cos of parallax error. Why not just show us a pix from the front of Macheda.
analyzer wrote:
bk-one wrote:
anointed wrote:
analyzer wrote:

This
[/video]

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Kaiiii!!!
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Do you call losing last season's EPL title by 1 point due to two blatantly offside goals IN TWO SEPARATE GAMES against Chelsea, a "break"? Had it not been for those horrendous ref decisions, Man U would have won the title 4 years in a row (an unprecedented feat).

Who remembers the game against Birmingham this year when Man U were winning 1-0 in injuury time and Birmingham equalised from a "goal" where Zigic flicked the ball on to Bowyer with his arm, who then scored from an offside position. Two infringements in the same move and the goal was given.
:shock:
If Wayne Rooney flicked the ball to Carrick with his arm, who then scored from an offside position in the last minute of a game v Chelsea, all of you would scream blue murder.
MI5 wrote:I find that hard to believe... You guys have gotten more breaks than any other team in the EPL... Every season courtesy of Howard Webb, Mike Riley and others...

wiseone wrote:The point that people miss is that bad refereeing decisions go against Man U all the time as well, but no one ever notices or complains about it bc 90% of the time, Man U go on to win the game anyway.
Last edited by wiseone on Thu May 26, 2011 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

The PK that should have been called on you guys this season when Gary Neville brought down a West Brom player, Rio fouling Anichebe in the box when you guys played Everton, some seasons ago when M'Boro had a legit PK against you guys and the ref waived it off, the 5-2 win against Spurs when Howard Webb kept calling ghost PK's for you guys... The list goes on...

wiseone wrote:Do you call losing last seasons EPL title by 1 point due to two blatantly offside goals IN TWO SEPARATE GAMES against Chelsea, a "break"? Had it not been for thos horrendous ref decisions, Man U would have won the title 4 years in a row (an unprecedented feat).

Who remembers the game against Birmingham this year when Man U were winning 1-0 in injuury time and Birmingham equalised from a "goal" where Zigic flicked the ball on to Bowyer with his arm, who then scored from an offside position. Two infringements in the same move and the goal was given.
If Wayne Rooney flicked the ball to Carrick with his arm, who then scored from an offside position in the last minute of a game v Chelsea, all of you would scream blue murder.
MI5 wrote:I find that hard to believe... You guys have gotten more breaks than any other team in the EPL... Every season courtesy of Howard Webb, Mike Riley and others...

Soldier of Fortune...
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

:rotf: MI5, you are getting desperate - recalling incidents from years back with a team that is not even in the EPL any more.

*Do you also remember that earlier this year, while 1-0 up against Blackburn, Man U had a perfectly good goal disallowed. Of course no one remembers it, bc they went on to score another 4 goals and won the game 5-0!

*Ok, so if the ref hadn't given the penalty in the Spurs game, Man U would have won 4-2 instead of 5-2! :rotf:

My point is - I can recall just as many ref decisions going AGAINST Man U, as you can decisions in their favour. They don't get special treatment. They are the same as everyone else: sometimes bad calls go for them, sometimes against them. Period.
MI5 wrote: The PK that should have been called on you guys this season when Gary Neville brought down a West Brom player, Rio fouling Anichebe in the box when you guys played Everton, some seasons ago when M'Boro had a legit PK against you guys and the ref waived it off, the 5-2 win against Spurs when Howard Webb kept calling ghost PK's for you guys... The list goes on...

Last edited by wiseone on Thu May 26, 2011 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

C'mon Wiseone :laugh: .. You guys have been beneficiaries of many close calls in past seasons and you guys shouldn't be complaining about calls going against you guys. The guys at Soho and Lancaster Gate always make sure you guys are well taken care of at critical stages during the season. It's not even a secret anymore... :D

wiseone wrote::rotf: MI5, you are getting desperate - recalling incidents from years back with a team that is not even in the EPL any more.

*Do you also remember that earlier this year, while 1-0 up against Blackburn, Man U had a perfectly good goal disallowed. Of course no one remembers it, bc they went on to score another 4 goals and won the game 5-0!

*Ok, so if the ref hasn't given the penalty in the Spurs game, Man U would have won 4-2 instead of 5-2! :rotf:

My point is - I can recall just as many ref decisions going AGAINST Man U, as you can decisions in their favour. They don't get special treatment. They are the same as everyone else: sometimes bad calls go for them, sometimes against them. Period.
MI5 wrote: The PK that should have been called on you guys this season when Gary Neville brought down a West Brom player, Rio fouling Anichebe in the box when you guys played Everton, some seasons ago when M'Boro had a legit PK against you guys and the ref waived it off, the 5-2 win against Spurs when Howard Webb kept calling ghost PK's for you guys... The list goes on...

Soldier of Fortune...
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

MI5, will you now recall a call from the 1967 season involving Denis Law to justify your point? You are getting desperate in your bid to deny credit to Man U my broda!
:rotf:
MI5 wrote:C'mon Wiseone :laugh: .. You guys have been beneficiaries of many close calls in past seasons and you guys shouldn't be complaining about calls going against you guys. The guys at Soho and Lancaster Gate always make sure you guys are well taken care of at critical stages during the season. It's not even a secret anymore... :D
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Now, the Man U CEO claims the same thing...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011 ... ter-united

David Gill slates FA colleagues for Manchester United victimisation

• United's chief executive complains of raw deal for champions
• Gill claims harsh punishments not meted out to rivals

Daniel Taylor
guardian.co.uk, Thursday 30 June 2011 00.05 BST

David Gill, the Manchester United chief executive, has criticised his colleagues at the Football Association, accusing the organisation of victimising his club with undue punishments that would not be meted out to its Premier League rivals.

Gill, an FA board member, cited Wayne Rooney's two-game suspension for swearing into a television camera after scoring at West Ham in April, as well as the five-game touchline ban imposed on Sir Alex Ferguson because of his castigation of the referee Martin Atkinson, to demonstrate his belief that the champions get a raw deal from the sport's governing body.

"I do genuinely believe there have been some poorish decisions that, in my opinion, wouldn't necessarily have hit other clubs," Gill said. "That's not to say I'm condoning Wayne's comments, because I don't think they were correct, or what Sir Alex said, because it wasn't helpful. But at the same time, the actual punishments were harsh.

"We're possibly being caught up in being one of the biggest clubs and the [FA's] Respect agenda being there. What better way to demonstrate the authorities are being tough than by hitting one of the biggest clubs the hardest?"

Gill's comments in Champ19ns, a book about United's record title-winning season by Steve Bartram, are a break from the norm for one of the game's political movers, and signal the strength of feeling inside Old Trafford that the FA is likely to show greater leniency to other clubs. Ferguson has long felt the FA victimises United, a view he has held for well over a decade, describing the disciplinary department as a "dysfunctional unit", whereas the club's legal adviser, Graham Bean, has accused the FA of acting "like a communist state".

Ferguson's touchline ban meant he was the first manager in history to be prohibited from entering the dugout when his team were playing at Wembley, in the FA Cup semi-final against Manchester City. Rooney's punishment also meant him missing the game, which United lost 1-0, and the ill feeling was exacerbated by Ferguson being charged with improper conduct the following month for describing Howard Webb as "the best referee in the country", contravening a rule about not talking about match officials before matches. Ferguson was so outraged he refused to acknowledge the charge and the punishment was reduced to a warning.

Gill questioned whether the FA has set a "dangerous course" by punishing Rooney and suggests it would not have happened had he played for another club.

"The club doesn't condone it [Rooney's swearing], but Wayne recognised it was wrong and apologised almost immediately. We have various issues with the ban: one being consistency. What's going to happen now? Is the referee under pressure to send everyone off?

"I think sometimes in celebration people do swear and all that means is that, to my mind, it's a dangerous course the FA has gone down, because consistent application is what's required and I'm not sure that'll necessarily happen. There are certain things you should wait until the start of the season to change.

"But it's a lesson to Wayne. He subsequently scored a great goal against Chelsea and smiled – that's what we want to see. There should be exuberance, but you look at the abuse to which he was subjected [by West Ham supporters] and I know people say you've got to rise above it, but I defy anyone being vilified to that level always to retain your cool. I don't think the media helped either, with the constant repetition of footage, with his mouth blurred out."

Gill recounted the "bolt from the blue" of Rooney informing the club he wanted to leave, starting with a telephone call from the player's agent, Paul Stretford, on 14 August.

"We already had some discussions [about a new contract] going on, then I had a call indicating Wayne didn't want to sign a new deal, [that] he had some issues and didn't want to sign a new contract.

"That was the first we'd heard of it because [before then] there had been discussions going on to a timetable that had been agreed. I was pretty shocked, to be honest. I had a good working relationship with Paul Stretford, having done deals with him over a number of years and there was never any indication that this was the call he was going to make."

Rooney changed his mind after several weeks of lobbying behind the scenes – "I wouldn't say there were discussions every day but there was regular contact," Gill said – and John O'Shea recounts in the book how the players reacted to a team-mate questioning whether the other players were good enough to challenge for trophies.

"It transpired it was just an interesting technique of getting a new deal," O'Shea said. "I think Wayne, if he could turn back the clock, might do things a bit differently, but both parties were happy in the end.

"He came [into the Carrington dressing room after signing his new deal] and apologised to everyone. He said he'd done what he had to do, basically, and he was sorry if he had offended anybody. Obviously there were a few comments that will stay in the dressing room. They were quite smart and funny, but all friendly."
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

In the hullabaloo about Arsenal getting spanked 2-8 today, no one will remember that Arshavin should have seen sent off TWICE for two horrible studs up tackles.
:dream:
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

wiseone wrote:In the hullabaloo about Arsenal getting spanked 2-8 today, no one will remember that Arshavin should have seen sent off TWICE for two horrible studs up tackles.
He was looking to bag his own red card as well so he can take some time off to put him out of his misery. Maybe the players figure if they bagged enough cards things will change hence doing their own silent revolt. Arshavin has no business starting, he's been useless but he gets games cos of lack of depth. As soon as he starts finding his form, he'll refuse a new contract and want out.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

wiseone wrote:In the hullabaloo about Arsenal getting spanked 2-8 today, no one will remember that Arshavin should have seen sent off TWICE for two horrible studs up tackles.
:D
AA was looking forward to an early shower, he didn't bother turning or anything when Rooney took his FK; he just looked so uninterested in the match.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Metho scorpion
Egg
Egg

Post by Metho scorpion »

tfco wrote:
:D
AA was looking forward to an early shower, he didn't bother turning or anything when Rooney took his FK; he just looked so uninterested in the match.
...what are you still doing here afterall the Manu game is over...
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=244056&p=4071343#p4071343

After the horror refereeing on display in the Newcastle -v- Man City today, I do not ever want to hear anyone say anything about Man Utd and refs again.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Absolutely shocking refereeing today against Leicester. Rafael gets shoved off the ball then 2 seconds later is penalised for a penalty when a Leicester player obstructs him!

This is the kind of decision that would start World War 3 if it was awarded to Man Utd.

[/video]