Paul Scholes retires!!!!

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Paul Scholes retires!!!!

Post by Dodo »

PAUL SCHOLES CAREER STATISTICS:
676 Man Utd appearances, 150 goals
66 England caps, 14 goals
Premier League winner: 1996, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011
FA Cup: 1996, 1999, 2004
Champions League: 1999, 2008
League Cup: 2009, 2010
PFA Team of the Year: 2003, 2007
18th highest scorer in Premier League history (102 goals)
4th most booked player in Premier League history (87 times)
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Dodo wrote:PAUL SCHOLES CAREER STATISTICS:
Premier League winner: 1996, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011
Chai :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: the stats of a legend. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Exactly what I was talking about, people need to ask themselves real questions and not believe everything they read just because Henry, Xavi or Zidane said so.

Scholes was a great player but a cut below the very best.
To God be the glory
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

[/video]
[/video]
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Skylolo wrote:
Exactly what I was talking about, people need to ask themselves real questions and not believe everything they read just because Henry, Xavi or Zidane said so.

you are a funny guy, i'd rather listen to the likes of Igwe, Xavi and Zidane than make what I may of stats, apparently from awards at the last world cup Diego Forlan is better than Messi
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

oloye wrote:
Chai :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: the stats of a legend. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Great Player. Paul, enjoy your retirement!
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Premier League 10 Seasons Awards

Team of the Decade

Position Domestic Overseas Overall
Goalkeeper David Seaman Peter Schmeichel Schmeichel
Defenders Gary Neville Dan Petrescu Neville
Tony Adams Jaap Stam Adams
Steve Bruce Marcel Desailly Desailly
Stuart Pearce Denis Irwin Irwin
Midfielders David Beckham Freddy Ljungberg Beckham
Paul Ince Patrick Vieira Vieira
Paul Scholes Roy Keane Scholes
Ryan Giggs Robert Pires Giggs
Strikers Alan Shearer Thierry Henry Shearer
Michael Owen Eric Cantona Cantona
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Skylolo wrote:

The problem here is that some of you guys are always over-analyzing. Scholes' career spanned different football generations and I can tell you that Paul Scholes was truly the very best at a point. You are having difficulties with the assertions of football greats like Henry, Xavi, Zidane because you are probably looking at his career in general factoring in his later years. Henry was at a point the very best striker you can think of in football but some people will argue with this based on his later years in Arsenal and his Barca years.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The Notorious B!GGESTMAN »

YemiBrazil wrote:
Skylolo wrote:

The problem here is that some of you guys are always over-analyzing. Scholes' career spanned different football generations and I can tell you that Paul Scholes was truly the very best at a point. You are having difficulties with the assertions of football greats like Henry, Xavi, Zidane because you are probably looking at his career in general factoring in his later years. Henry was at a point the very best striker you can think of in football but some people will argue with this based on his later years in Arsenal and his Barca years.
Case in point Henry's career with Barca. He was sos so in his 1st season (one can forgive him because it was his 1st season in Spain) but in his 2nd season he scored 19 league goals alone (i put it to you that he would have scored over 20 had he not been injured for the final weeks). Yet everyone just remembers his last season with the catalans (admittedly it was horrendous).
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

The guy was a gem, no one in the current English setup comes close, he will be missed!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

He was a very good player in his prime. Thanks for the memories Scholesy
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

TOWER OF STRENGTH wrote:Great player. In his early years a goal scoring midfielder with a fearsome shot, in the latter years a playmaker in CM. Throughout his passing has always been impecible. As usual England didn't make the most out of his talents, shamelessly dumping him on the left wing for Euro 2004.
It was that Swedish fraud called Sven that kept playing him on the left as a winger(can you imagine) while playing carpenters and bricklayers as midfielders for England. He was the one that sent Scholesy on early international retirement.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

A very good ENGLISH player, but still English, with all its limitations. His career history cannot be written beyond the English channel, whatever accolades the British press/pundits might award him. He could'nt hold a candle on any of his main contemporaries on the continent or in south america...

oloye wrote:
TOWER OF STRENGTH wrote:Great player. In his early years a goal scoring midfielder with a fearsome shot, in the latter years a playmaker in CM. Throughout his passing has always been impecible. As usual England didn't make the most out of his talents, shamelessly dumping him on the left wing for Euro 2004.
It was that Swedish fraud called Sven that kept playing him on the left as a winger(can you imagine) while playing carpenters and bricklayers as midfielders for England. He was the one that sent Scholesy on early international retirement.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

txj wrote:A very good ENGLISH player, but still English, with all its limitations. His career history cannot be written beyond the English channel, whatever accolades the British press/pundits might award him. He could'nt hold a candle on any of his main contemporaries on the continent or in south america...

oloye wrote:
Candle ko lantern ni. I guess your opinion counts more than the likes of Xavi and Zidane but then this is txj we are talking about Mr I Know More Than Everyone.

omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

TXJ fok your opinion!!!And i mean that :evil:
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

oloye wrote:
txj wrote:A very good ENGLISH player, but still English, with all its limitations. His career history cannot be written beyond the English channel, whatever accolades the British press/pundits might award him. He could'nt hold a candle on any of his main contemporaries on the continent or in south america...

oloye wrote:
Candle ko lantern ni. I guess your opinion counts more than the likes of Xavi and Zidane but then this is txj we are talking about Mr I Know More Than Everyone.
The same guy(TXJ) that claimed mIKEL WAS BETETR THAN mESSI ABI?
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Good riddance, i wont miss that ginger haired thug one bit :boo: :boo: :taunt: :taunt:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Why do u like to make things up? I never joined the Messi-Mikel debate...

omey2k4 wrote:
oloye wrote:

oloye wrote:
The same guy(TXJ) that claimed mIKEL WAS BETETR THAN mESSI ABI?

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Xavi's opinion came at a time that Barca needed to be politically correct, same for Zidane.

Name me one major non-english pundit who holds Scholes with the same reverence as the english do?

Also name me one of his major contemporaries from the continent or s. america that he was better than...

oloye wrote:

oloye wrote:

Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Phenomenal player! Always kept it simple...the way that I like the game played.

I doff my hat...
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I don't need to go looking for any pundit when i have eyes to see. He played the game at the highest level and had laurels to show for it, i don't need to compare him to anyone. When you play for Man U for that long and in europe where the action is , then you dont need some South American pundit to give you props. It is simple he does not ply his trade there. It is when people are trying to be mischievious that they start making these ridiculous statement. Like i said politcally correct or not, Xavi, Zidane gave their tributes , not that it matters anyways, look at the stats it is the stuff legend and great players are made up off. Like Omey said seriously your opinion even on CE does not count as far as Scholesy is concerned.
txj wrote:Xavi's opinion came at a time that Barca needed to be politically correct, same for Zidane.

Name me one major non-english pundit who holds Scholes with the same reverence as the english do?

Also name me one of his major contemporaries from the continent or s. america that he was better than...

oloye wrote:

oloye wrote:

Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

YemiBrazil wrote:
Skylolo wrote:

Most players career spanned over many football generations, when you are one of the greatest of your generation it is hard to argue against. It is hard to argue for example that the Brazilian Ronaldo is not of of the best strikers we have ever seen or that Rivaldo and Zidane were great Attacking midfielders in their time, or that Paolo Maldini was one of the greatest left backs if not the greatest. They proved it at Club level and at Intl level over many years...

Paul Scholes at any point in his career was never the best midfield player in the World or of his generation it is simply not true, when you make this statement you disrespect too many excellent midfield players who were better than him - you people should not confuse his longevity with him being the best.

Henry is not the best striker in the World today but at a point was the most devastating forward in the game, the statistics and recognition he got in the WFOY/EPOY rankings show this; also many consider him the best ever to play in the EPL. Scholes was a great player but you lot should not get carried away...
To God be the glory