Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote:I think finishing top 4 and qualifying for champions league is more of a priority for united it seems, at least from the bizarre decision to play 5 defenders, even finishing top 4 is not a foregone conclusion, OGs does not inspire confidence as a coach! Right now De Gea is a liability! Romero should have started yesterday, he is a proven goal keeper, he should be dropped for the remaining games if we are stand any chance!
Your eye don dey clear :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

marko wrote:I think finishing top 4 and qualifying for champions league is more of a priority for united it seems, at least from the bizarre decision to play 5 defenders, even finishing top 4 is not a foregone conclusion, OGs does not inspire confidence as a coach! Right now De Gea is a liability! Romero should have started yesterday, he is a proven goal keeper, he should be dropped for the remaining games if we are stand any chance!
...was he injured? Could be, because he has always been their FA matches keeper. Eric Bailey, like Luke Shaw before, is unstable. Plays tough then gets injury.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

mcal wrote:
...was he injured? Could be, because he has always been their FA matches keeper. Eric Bailey, like Luke Shaw before, is unstable. Plays tough then gets injury.
He was on the bench camera flashing him on the bench too.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

kajifu wrote:
mcal wrote:
He was on the bench camera flashing him on the bench too.
...means Ole got it all wrong in the line up. Oh well, I no sabi.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Romero is a safe pair of hands and reliable as well, not too sure he will make those elementary school boy errors, OGS is scared of dropping him, that might cost us champion league spot, does not inspire confidence as a coach
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Buckling under pressure again? :woot:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

YemiBrazil wrote:Buckling under pressure again? :woot:
Your team is fast taking on the character of the Liverpool spice boys
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I swear when these folks go onto the field, the last thing on their mind is football.

I mean when you stand in the wall you expect to be whacked by the ball, that is the whole essence of being part of the wall.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

See as dem dey take Man U do tiki taka :lol:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

Greenwood! 1-1
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:I swear when these folks go onto the field, the last thing on their mind is football.

I mean when you stand in the wall you expect to be whacked by the ball, that is the whole essence of being part of the wall.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

They have this summer to act right. If they **** it up, o pa ri o!

What still stuns me is why they decided to fall for Matic's trick and give him a contract. tufiakwa! I know Matic very well. He is like Flamini. They up their game when its time for a contract.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote:
oloye wrote:I swear when these folks go onto the field, the last thing on their mind is football.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

They have this summer to act right. If they #$% it up, o pa ri o!

What still stuns me is why they decided to fall for Matic's trick and give him a contract. tufiakwa! I know Matic very well. He is like Flamini. They up their game when its time for a contract.
Danfo please can you free Leicester let them beat this Manu last day of t he game?
Thanks we want Leicester in CL and our own boys.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

OGS decided to play it safe, it was so apparent with his negative tactics! Leicester will feel they have a chance to beat united and most likely will go for it! Surely they cannot continue with OGS, he is an inept coach and eeds to be shown the door
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Pool please beat Chelsea o
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

We need only a tie against Leicester...Hopefully our sorry United can get that.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

United is a mentally weak side, a team that falls apart when it matters most. A mentally strong side would have taken care of business at Old Trafford today and make the Leicester game irrelevant

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:United is a mentally weak side, a team that falls apart when it matters most. A mentally strong side would have taken care of business at Old Trafford today and make the Leicester game irrelevant
A team of winners would have destroyed West Ham! Get the CL qualification out of the way, and use the Leicester game to confirm 3rd position.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Beautiful game to look forward to on Sunday.

Will be exciting, win lose or draw :thumbs:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

oloye wrote:United is a mentally weak side, a team that falls apart when it matters most. A mentally strong side would have taken care of business at Old Trafford today and make the Leicester game irrelevant
Pressure is a big important word.
Even Chelsea find themselves needing not to lose on Sunday and no-one can guarantee that will not happen because anything can happen.
Chelsea could have secured top 4 long ago. Same for Leicester, at some point they were some 10 points or so ahead of United.

But here we are.
Let's enjoy this lovely race for top 4
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

A team blessed with players like Pogba, Fernandes, Rashford, Martial, Greenwood cannot bury West ham, to be honest, it will be better for us not to qualify for champions league as we will go there and disgrace ourselves, Leicester must feel they have every chance to beat us on Sunday and will treat it like a cup final, most likely OGS will come up with negative tactics to ensure we do not lose, if i was Leicester, i will go for broke and get all 3 points which is quite possible, right now, we could have secured champions league football if we beat Southampton and West ham considering Chelsea losing last night, man united only want to qualify for champions league because of money! Nothing else, we do not have a chance to even go past the 1st round, the coaching is just piss poor and OGS needs to be shown the door irrespective, he is a terrible coach!

Marko
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

benteke wrote:
Even Chelsea find themselves needing not to lose on Sunday and no-one can guarantee that will not happen because anything can happen.
Chelsea could have secured top 4 long ago. Same for Leicester, at some point they were some 10 points or so ahead of United.

But here we are.
The problem here is the history of United under Ole. Look at the way they fell apart last season, they could not even pick three 3 points from a team already relegated when they needed it most last season in the closing games of the season. Strange the likeness, they came off a long run of wins which made everyone to begin to sing Ole Ole Ole Ole... But when it mattered most they flattened out and could not pick the points that mattered even when they were being fed teams that were there for the slaughter.

Look at them again this season, every time they have the chance presented to them on a platter of gold, they suddenly turn to a man who promised so much to a woman but the scheduled meeting, he simply could not get it up,leaving the expectant woman frustrated. What else can a team hoping to pick a champions league hope for in the closing games of the season at home, could they wish more than a Southampton or Westham?

The way they were dismantled by Chelsea inside Wembley, that in itself is a worry.

Yes pressure is the word and this is where the mental strength of a team is put under scrutiny. A player bringing his hand to cover his face inside the penalty box thus giving away a cheap penalty to a weak opponent, tells you all manner story.

I hope they can beat Leicester, they have a chance, because they are being managed by a guy who appears to be a mental midget as well as his own team appear to be crumbling. Trying to analyse how Rogers mismanaged his team with his sudden love of back three ar thís stage of the league will lead to another long story. The hope for united is, without Soyuncu in the defence, Leicester are like a lamb being led to the slaughter... The question is does United have the cojones to take the knife to the throat of the lamb and draw the blood out?

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote:A team blessed with players like Pogba, Fernandes, Rashford, Martial, Greenwood cannot bury West ham, to be honest, it will be better for us not to qualify for champions league as we will go there and disgrace ourselves, Leicester must feel they have every chance to beat us on Sunday and will treat it like a cup final, most likely OGS will come up with negative tactics to ensure we do not lose, if i was Leicester, i will go for broke and get all 3 points which is quite possible, right now, we could have secured champions league football if we beat Southampton and West ham considering Chelsea losing last night, man united only want to qualify for champions league because of money! Nothing else, we do not have a chance to even go past the 1st round, the coaching is just piss poor and OGS needs to be shown the door irrespective, he is a terrible coach!
e eye don clear! :rotf: :rotf:

We are as good as PSG! We have Ole Ole Ole! :rotf: :rotf: You were shaking yansh that day, allowing nonsense to flow out of your mouth. Shey your eye don dey open small small? :lol: :lol:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:

But here we are.
The problem here is the history of United under Ole. Look at the way they fell apart last season, they could not even pick three 3 points from a team already relegated when they needed it most last season in the closing games of the season. Strange the likeness, they came off a long run of wins which made everyone to begin to sing Ole Ole Ole Ole... But when it mattered most they flattened out and could not pick the points that mattered even when they were being fed teams that were there for the slaughter.

Look at them again this season, every time they have the chance presented to them on a platter of gold, they suddenly turn to a man who promised so much to a woman but the scheduled meeting, he simply could not get it up,leaving the expectant woman frustrated. What else can a team hoping to pick a champions league hope for in the closing games of the season at home, could they wish more than a Southampton or Westham?

The way they were dismantled by Chelsea inside Wembley, that in itself is a worry.

Yes pressure is the word and this is where the mental strength of a team is put under scrutiny. A player bringing his hand to cover his face inside the penalty box thus giving away a cheap penalty to a weak opponent, tells you all manner story.

I hope they can beat Leicester, they have a chance, because they are being managed by a guy who appears to be a mental midget as well as his own team appear to be crumbling. Trying to analyse how Rogers mismanaged his team with his sudden love of back three ar thís stage of the league will lead to another long story. The hope for united is, without Soyuncu in the defence, Leicester are like a lamb being led to the slaughter... The question is does United have the cojones to take the knife to the throat of the lamb and draw the blood out?
You are absolutely correct here my brother.
In addition to your points, one of the best i took from a manager post match conference was when Klopp was praising his players for being mentality giants, he kept saying unbelievable f....king mentality giants. That was after the 4-0 win against Barcelona at Anfield

How does a manager instill mental strength into his players, what happened to Barcelona that day, that team had players who have shown mental steel in big games before.

How would a manager like Ole make United stronger mentally, is it down the character of the manager, or does it mean he has to get a leader on the pitch