Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by danfo driver »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:58 pm His first job, if he has sense --- FIRE MICHAEL CARRICK!!!

And he took my advice :clap:

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:34 am
danfo driver wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:58 pm His first job, if he has sense --- FIRE MICHAEL CARRICK!!!

And he took my advice :clap:

...how is that a breaking news? oh, okay, expected breaking news to fill in the blank.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

all man utd coaches should have been sacked along with Ole, they have been nothing short than a disgrace, incompetent board allowing amateur coaches to steal a living, lets see what this interim coach can do
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:32 pm all man utd coaches should have been sacked along with Ole, they have been nothing short than a disgrace, incompetent board allowing amateur coaches to steal a living, lets see what this interim coach can do

Welcome back!

Are you still as good as PSG? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Rashy! Rashy! Rashy! :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

marko wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:32 pm all man utd coaches should have been sacked along with Ole, they have been nothing short than a disgrace, incompetent board allowing amateur coaches to steal a living, lets see what this interim coach can do
I thought it was Mourinho that was the problem.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

wanaj0 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:37 pm

I thought it was Mourinho that was the problem.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

people are now seeing Fred worth, they do not criticize united homegrown players when they stink up the place, foreigners usually get the brunt of all criticisms, last 3 games, Fred has performed credibly and even capped that with a superb goal, he should be scoring more, good win for united but i fear for Rashford, he seems out of sorts! Sancho finally the player we all knew he could be!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Moyes did that. How did it work out last time? The club has been paying the price of Moyes firing Ferguson’s Champions League and EPL winning coaches for the past 8 years.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

How come ManU had 2 goalies on the bench against Norwich?

Wetin, happen to Matial?
He's not even on the bench anymore?
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Kabalega wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:34 pm How come ManU had 2 goalies on the bench against Norwich?

Wetin, happen to Matial?
...it was on the news he had asked to leave the club.
I guess when a none frequent playing player ask of such the club will grant his request which may include not being on the playing roster.
Sad the guy has declined, he may want to go back home, many good clubs there.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

mcal wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:31 pm
Kabalega wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:34 pm How come ManU had 2 goalies on the bench against Norwich?

Wetin, happen to Matial?
I guess when a none frequent playing player ask of such the club will grant his request which may include not being on the playing roster.
Which came first?
DId he put in his request because he was not even making the bench?

I don't blame him. The World Cup is coming up soon (er in a year).
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

mcal wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:31 pm

Wetin, happen to Matial?
When Jose Mourinho said this Martial guy doesn't have the mentality, the whole fanbase and the club board went up in arms, actually that was one of the main reasons Jose was sacked, the board backed Martial and Pogba over the manager.

Well, here we are. I will take popcorn out and see how this one unfolds :thumbs:
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Pathetic display yesterday against Newcastle. We need to rebuilt that team.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

joplass wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:25 pm Pathetic display yesterday against Newcastle. We need to rebuilt that team.
Hmm i thougth Ole was on the wheel that is why,,,If this Manu team dont finish inside top 4th which i pray they dont.Time to see who will take over come next summer,this current coach poor so far.Sad Arsenal loss to this manu that new castle outplayed
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

kajifu wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:45 pm
joplass wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:25 pm Pathetic display yesterday against Newcastle. We need to rebuilt that team.
Hmm i thougth Ole was on the wheel that is why,,,If this Manu team dont finish inside top 4th which i pray they dont.Time to see who will take over come next summer,this current coach poor so far.Sad Arsenal loss to this manu that new castle outplayed
What I saw yesterday was an Ole vindication. We have about three good players in that team, the rest should find homes somewhere else.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

How many goals does Bruno,Mason and Rashford have this time last year? Now they all have been turned to errand boys for Ronaldo. Listened to the manager talk of lack of energy in the team ,yet he left the oldest man on the team who almost got sent off for sulking.

Until they find a way to accommodate Ronaldo without reducing the other players to a mere shadow of themselves, they will keep on struggling.

The coaches and the management are not being honest with themselves,nothing makes me laugh more than seeing a coach or manager lie to himself.

If Harry Maguire did not cost 80m and was not wearing the band,he would have been warming the bench. But his mistakes are being swept under the carpet even when it is costing the team.

When Chellieni said Ronaldo created unsettled them at Juventus ,they thought he was attacking Ronaldo,that was not the case,he is just stating a fact. How do you play Ronaldo without unbalancing the rhythm of your attacking play?

That is the question for the manager to sort out. If Ronaldo was not chasing personal glory,he would realise that it is unrealistic to be clamouring to play 90 mins every game and would leave Bruno with his penalty duties. Seeing Bruno now turned to a shadow of himself since brother Ronaldo joined United makes me feel sorry for him.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

oloye wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:07 am How many goals does Bruno,Mason and Rashford have this time last year? Now they all have been turned to errand boys for Ronaldo. Listened to the manager talk of lack of energy in the team ,yet he left the oldest man on the team who almost got sent off for sulking.

Until they find a way to accommodate Ronaldo without reducing the other players to a mere shadow of themselves, they will keep on struggling.

The coaches and the management are not being honest with themselves,nothing makes me laugh more than seeing a coach or manager lie to himself.

If Harry Maguire did not cost 80m and was not wearing the band,he would have been warming the bench. But his mistakes are being swept under the carpet even when it is costing the team.

When Chellieni said Ronaldo created unsettled them at Juventus ,they thought he was attacking Ronaldo,that was not the case,he is just stating a fact. How do you play Ronaldo without unbalancing the rhythm of your attacking play?

That is the question for the manager to sort out. If Ronaldo was not chasing personal glory,he would realise that it is unrealistic to be clamouring to play 90 mins every game and would leave Bruno with his penalty duties. Seeing Bruno now turned to a shadow of himself since brother Ronaldo joined United makes me feel sorry for him.

I've tried to make sense of this "Ronaldo has unbalanced the team" argument, and i realised sometime ago that it's actually mostly nonsense.

Because last season, without Ronaldo, United was already playing a lot of pathetic stuff and ended up in Europa League from a promising CL group position. The problem wasn't Ronaldo then
The same thing was about to happen this season, but the difference is that Ronaldo single-handedly pulled United into the CL knockout stages
I think the last 5 or so league games last season, United lost more than half of them, and that's where they just took that bad form into this season.

Yesterday i saw Ronaldo make a lot of promising runs that just needed simple passes to result in a goal, but none of the clowns could find him.
I call nonsense on that argument. Ronaldo is not the main cause of the problems.

But that is not to say i cannot see the disadvantages he brings to a side who want to play a certain way.
Last edited by benteke on Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

joplass wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:07 pm
kajifu wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:45 pm
What I saw yesterday was an Ole vindication. We have about three good players in that team, the rest should find homes somewhere else.
The new manager seems to prefer to play the se kind of names that Ole used to stick to until he got sacked.
Trusrijg the likes of Maguire is a danger to a managers job.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Christian Benteke, Ronny is both gift and curse, perhaps more the former than the latter. What else for a player of such prowess (albeit in decline) but the epicentre and endpoint. Watching United now or rather certain individuals reveals a stark contrast to their former-selves. Bruno Fernandes, once the go to guy, the great escapist capable of rescuing the Reds from peril, is now Barry Ferguson, wand and hat handed over to a more reputable Houdini.

The argument is quite simple, United don’t know how to play with Ronaldo. To that add the sugar and spice of Ronny’s pursuit of individual honours that romanticise the abject reality. He cannot start every game and doesn’t have the legs to finish all those he starts.

Albeit unintentionally, you have captured the malaise in a single sentence:

Yesterday i saw Ronaldo make a lot of promising runs that just needed simple passes to result in a goal, but none of the clowns could find him.

Much like the players, the fans see only Ronaldo.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Coach wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:11 am @Christian Benteke, Ronny is both gift and curse, perhaps more the former than the latter. What else for a player of such prowess (albeit in decline) but the epicentre and endpoint. Watching United now or rather certain individuals reveals a stark contrast to their former-selves. Bruno Fernandes, once the go to guy, the great escapist capable of rescuing the Reds from peril, is now Barry Ferguson, wand and hat handed over to a more reputable Houdini.

The argument is quite simple, United don’t know how to play with Ronaldo. To that add the sugar and spice of Ronny’s pursuit of individual honours that romanticise the abject reality. He cannot start every game and doesn’t have the legs to finish all those he starts.

Thanks coach for helping me to break it down. Every time this issue is brought up the fans of Ronaldo rally round arms and shields up believing their man is being attacked. The same plague has befallen PSG with Messi ,how do you accommodate an elephant on its last legs,without taking away from those with fresh legs.

It is not about blaming Ronaldo as an individual it is about looking at a system trying to integrate an individual who value to a team or should I say clout goes beyond the field. As a result when certain on the field decisions need to be made ,the coaches start to look elsewhere pretending and lying to themselves the problem lies elsewhere. 3 players who between them scored about 60 goals are now struggling to put 10 goals together. They brought Lingard back ,but don't know what to do with him.

I am just happy Pogba is not around,else he would be the one being flogged while they keep dodging the real issue.

Sadly they have found alternative in Fred. While Harry Maguire proudly leads them out of the tunnel like some colossus.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Coach wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:11 am @Christian Benteke, Ronny is both gift and curse, perhaps more the former than the latter. What else for a player of such prowess (albeit in decline) but the epicentre and endpoint. Watching United now or rather certain individuals reveals a stark contrast to their former-selves. Bruno Fernandes, once the go to guy, the great escapist capable of rescuing the Reds from peril, is now Barry Ferguson, wand and hat handed over to a more reputable Houdini.

Like i said before, you are also rolling the many problems that have been present even last season and packaging them as Ronaldo.

What you miss is a glaring long standing problem like Maguire, so bad that he makes other defenders start panicking as well and you see teams target him all the time. How that could be because of the arrival of Ronaldo, only you can answer that.

It's not that hard, if you were following closely the problems last season especially the poor form towards the end of the season, that form was simply carried over into the new season.
If you think all those issues suddenly popped up with the arrival of Ronaldo, then that's fine too, it would be the easy way out.

What may actually be true is that singing Ronaldo was not a solution to those already present problems.
Someone here and many pointed out that signing a defensive midfielder was actually the more pressing issue that United didn't address.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

oloye wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:38 pm
Thanks coach for helping me to break it down. Every time this issue is brought up the fans of Ronaldo rally round arms and shields up believing their man is being attacked. The same plague has befallen PSG with Messi ,how do you accommodate an elephant on its last legs,without taking away from those with fresh legs.

It is not about blaming Ronaldo as an individual it is about looking at a system trying to integrate an individual who value to a team or should I say clout goes beyond the field. As a result when certain on the field decisions need to be made ,the coaches start to look elsewhere pretending and lying to themselves the problem lies elsewhere. 3 players who between them scored about 60 goals are now struggling to put 10 goals together. They brought Lingard back ,but don't know what to do with him.

I am just happy Pogba is not around,else he would be the one being flogged while they keep dodging the real issue.

Sadly they have found alternative in Fred. While Harry Maguire proudly leads them out of the tunnel like some colossus.
OK let me leave the Ronaldo point for a moment.

In bold you have mentioned something that was already happening last season, we all remember too well how much blame Pogba was getting.
What was the real issue then that was being dodged.

If it wasn't Pogba it was Fred getting the blame.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

benteke wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:59 pm
oloye wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:38 pm

OK let me leave the Ronaldo point for a moment.

In bold you have mentioned something that was already happening last season, we all remember too well how much blame Pogba was getting.
What was the real issue then that was being dodged.

If it wasn't Pogba it was Fred getting the blame.
No one said they did not have problems before now,hence I threw in statistics of those three players to reflect upon so we don't reduce this to emotions. With Maguire problems they were still better last season.

You still don't get it,no one is trying to hang your boy, if you look at the statistics and drop your arms and shield,you will see the picture better.

As Coach pointed out to you, if you say that the inability by others for feed Ronaldo with correct passes is why they have also been poor, then perhaps they need to play with those they understand in other to get themselves out of the quagmire until they can find better players who will enable Ronaldo to shine. :lol: