Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by wanaj0 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:13 am Manchester United have had a £110m bid rejected by Atletico Madrid for Portugal forward Joao Felix, 22. (AS - in Spanish)
Only money laundering can explain the ridiculous transfer fees and wages that ManU spend every year!

Can't see the sense in what they do!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Casemiro to Manure is picking steam in the press. May just happen!
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

100%Naija wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:42 pm Casemiro to Manure is picking steam in the press. May just happen!
Further evidence of a muddled transfer policy.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Why on earth would Casemiro (who plays for the world champions, European champions, and Spanish champions 🏆) risk his legacy and demean himself by going to the most dysfunctional Premier League club? Especially as he has friends, compatriots, and former teammates there like Ronaldo, Varane, Fred, Di Maria, and Telles who will tell him how bad things really are and to stay far away.

If Real Madrid wants to give away a midfielder (and their future!), I would rather have Camavinga or Tchouameni anyway.
Last edited by wiseone on Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

wiseone wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:06 pm Why on earth would Casemiro (who plays for the world champions, European champions, and spanish champions 🏆) rusk his legacy and demean himself by going to the most dysfunctional Premier League club? Especially as he has friends, compatriots, and former teammates there like Ronaldo, Varane, Fred, and Telles who will tell him how bad things really are and to stay far away.

If Real Madrid wants to give away a midfielder (and their future!), I would rather have Camavinga or Tchouameni anyway.
Casemiro has won 5 CL and a couple of league titles. Its time for him to go somewhere and retire.... or a new challenge :D

LOL Camavinga ko, Tchouameni ni! :taunt:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

United head no dey house 70 Million for a 30 year old DM who will be 31 soon kAI

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

If the rumors of 400 large per week are the supposed numbers being bandied for Cas, then I don’t blame the lad @ all 4 jumping ship. Dang!
If true his agent just earned his keep!
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Casemiro is a very good player. However, paying 60 million in transfer fees and 350K a week in wages for a 30 year old midfielder coming to the end of his career, seems very short sighted.

100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

wiseone wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:19 pm Casemiro is a very good player. However, paying 60 million in transfer fees and 350K a week in wages for a 30 year old midfielder coming to the end of his career, seems very short sighted.

They are making a statement to show how serious they "Glizzy gobblers" are about fixing things. I'm on my way to the training their training grounds to see if they can sign me too. Shiiddd.. I like awoof too (sometimes) :taunt:
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:19 pm Casemiro is a very good player. However, paying 60 million in transfer fees and 350K a week in wages for a 30 year old midfielder coming to the end of his career, seems very short sighted.

We have not forgotten that transfer window in 2014, when Van Gaal took over and had some good pre season games, then Swansea slapped a wet fish in the face of United on the first day of the season, and the Glazers and their Board boys scrambled all over Europe to come up with deadline day signings like Di Maria on a big transfer fee, Daley Blind, Falcao, Rojo and i might have forgotten some other.
That pacified some fans a bit, but that has been their theme ever since Ferguson retired.

When such transfers are evaluated years later, people can easily turn round and say "but the manager was backed with big money signings".

That's what's happening to Ten Hag.
And ironically Van Gaal warned Ten Hag about this :biggrin:
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

"Casemiro's teammates understand his decision, they respect it - it was his will to try a new challenge and we have to accept it. I can't reply to why Casemiro traded European Champions for a struggling side, it's his personal decision."
That’s not nice from Carlo…. :bump:
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Sleaky72 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:24 pm
"Casemiro's teammates understand his decision, they respect it - it was his will to try a new challenge and we have to accept it. I can't reply to why Casemiro traded European Champions for a struggling side, it's his personal decision."
That’s not nice from Carlo…. :bump:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I still cannot fathom why Man Utd decided to pay 60 million for 30 yo Casemiro when:

1) 28yo Tolisso was available for free.
2) 25 yo Neves could have been purchased for the same amount.
3) 24yo Sangare could have been purchased for less.
4) 5’9 “central defender” Martinez could be deployed in DM instead where his lack of height will not be so ruthlessly exploited.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:06 pm I still cannot fathom why Man Utd decided to pay 60 million for 30 yo Casemiro when:

4) 5’9 “central defender” Martinez could be deployed in DM instead where his lack of height will not be so ruthlessly exploited.
The list can go on and on, i think even Rangnick recommended some midfielder.

There are loads of excellent young upcoming holding midfielders all over Europe in the lesser leagues that can improve Manchester United in second.

But you look how Spurs quickly snapped up Bissouma, whilst United has been dithering and only a defeat to Brentford has got them signing Casemiro in less than a week
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

wiseone wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:06 pm I still cannot fathom why Man Utd decided to pay 60 million for 30 yo Casemiro when:

70 million
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Injury prone
failed at Bayern
No top club wanted him, so he returned to Lyon.
NEVER WON 5 CL TITLES

Are you not tired of average players?
Finished 10th last season
No top club wants him
Biggest title he has ever won is the Championship (Div 2) title, and he has played for Porto.
NEVER WON 5 CL TITLES

Plays in Eredivisie
No top club wants him
Biggest title he has ever won is KNVB Cup
NEVER WON 5 CL TITLES

Like I said, United fans are the biggest problem in your club and the only way your club can succeed is if every single fan is flushed out of the club and stops supporting the club. You look at a 5 times CL winner, one of the best players in Europe and you insult him by mentioning sh1t and average players in the same sentence as his name?? WoW! Na Casemiro I blame. If he had not reduced his standards to accept United, you wont insult him.

How much did Real Madrid pay for 29 year old Zidane?
How much did United pay for a 30+ year old Van Persie?
How much did Barca pay for a 30+ year old Lewandowski?
How much did United pay for a 30+ Ronaldo?
How much did PSG pay for a 30+ Messi?
How much in salary did Milan agree to pay for Ibra and Giroud?
How much did Juve pay for a 30+ Di Maria?

This is not video games. Players do not die at 30 years old. This is real life where fitness is not determined by age, but by how you take care of your body. Many young players cannot compete with Ibra on the field and Ibra is in his late 30s. Even GiGi Buffon was in his 60s and still making a mockery of people in their 20s.

Try to understand football. :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

benteke wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:47 pm

There are loads of excellent young upcoming holding midfielders all over Europe in the lesser leagues that can improve Manchester United in second.

But you look how Spurs quickly snapped up Bissouma, whilst United has been dithering and only a defeat to Brentford has got them signing Casemiro in less than a week
No they cannot! this is the mistake you guys keep making. You are playing video games and you think the Fifa ratings for these average players translate to real life. :rotf: :rotf: Those midfielders he mentioned will come to United and be benched by McFred. :rotf: :rotf:

Do you know who your competition is? Do you know how far away you guys are from competing?? You want to carry Toto Lisso and Neves to go and compete against City? Liverpool? Chelsea? even Arsenal? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Bissouma is not even in the same league as Casemiro. One is a 5 times European Champion who bullied Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea and the other has been easily replaced by a child who just came to Europe, Caicedo. :rotf:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:43 pm
benteke wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:47 pm

No they cannot! this is the mistake you guys keep making. You are playing video games and you think the Fifa ratings for these average players translate to real life. :rotf: :rotf: Those midfielders he mentioned will come to United and be benched by McFred. :rotf: :rotf:

Do you know who your competition is? Do you know how far away you guys are from competing?? You want to carry Toto Lisso and Neves to go and compete against City? Liverpool? Chelsea? even Arsenal? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Bissouma is not even in the same league as Casemiro. One is a 5 times European Champion who bullied Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea and the other has been easily replaced by a child who just came to Europe, Caicedo. :rotf:
OK, no disrespect to Arsenal.
Who are Arsenal's midfielders, did they not go and look for some upcoming European talent to complement Xhaka.

Or maybe let me put it this way.

Is Casemiro the only kind of midfielder Manchester United could have come up with after all this time.

Surely there must be some younger players.

City has gone and got Calvin Phillips. I doubt you would have rated him that much though before he went there :biggrin:

I come in peace
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

benteke wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:59 am

Who are Arsenal's midfielders, did they not go and look for some upcoming European talent to complement Xhaka.
Before Casemiro, Xhaka and Partey will twerk into United's starting 11, with one leg. its that easy. McTominay and Fred cannot get into the Arsenal match day squad because El Neny is better than both of them.

Is Casemiro the only kind of midfielder Manchester United could have come up with after all this time.
You came up with Fernandes and Eriksson and got slapped around like a 2 dollar ho by Brentford. My bro, are you kidding me??? :lol: :lol: last year, I told one of your supporters that United are paying coaches and scouts millions and they cannot see the obvious. The obvious is that you needed a no nonsense defensive midfielder to block the hole in your midfield. That is the reason your defense has been crap for years! Because you have not regularly played with a defensive midfielder for years... (except Matic, thats why I said "regularly")
Are you looking for young or great? McTOminay is young, why not continue to play him?
City has gone and got Calvin Phillips. I doubt you would have rated him that much though before he went there :biggrin:

I come in peace
I have known Phillips for years and I have rated him for years. He was very good under Bielsa. However, 2 things:

1. Phillips is a benchwarmer at Man City, whose best trophy is Div 2 trophy -- is that the player you want to use to compete against CIty's starting 11?? I think this is where i should actually ask, because maybe I am not on the same wavelenght as you here... what do you guys actually want? Do you want to compete with City and Liverpool? or no? Maybe you guys do not want to compete and I am the foooolish one who actually thinks that you guys want to. Afterall, under Ole, you guys were only interested in Nationality -- his he English and does he have DNA. Now, its youth! :lol: :lol: :lol:

2. Philips cannot clean Casemiro's boots, even if Casemiro gave him the polish! One has won 5 CLs, the other is on the bench.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:27 am
benteke wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:59 am

Before Casemiro, Xhaka and Partey will twerk into United's starting 11, with one leg. its that easy. McTominay and Fred cannot get into the Arsenal match day squad because El Neny is better than both of them.

You came up with Fernandes and Eriksson and got slapped around like a 2 dollar ho by Brentford. My bro, are you kidding me??? :lol: :lol: last year, I told one of your supporters that United are paying coaches and scouts millions and they cannot see the obvious. The obvious is that you needed a no nonsense defensive midfielder to block the hole in your midfield. That is the reason your defense has been crap for years! Because you have not regularly played with a defensive midfielder for years... (except Matic, thats why I said "regularly")
Are you looking for young or great? McTOminay is young, why not continue to play him?

I come in peace
I have known Phillips for years and I have rated him for years. He was very good under Bielsa. However, 2 things:

1. Phillips is a benchwarmer at Man City, whose best trophy is Div 2 trophy -- is that the player you want to use to compete against CIty's starting 11?? I think this is where i should actually ask, because maybe I am not on the same wavelenght as you here... what do you guys actually want? Do you want to compete with City and Liverpool? or no? Maybe you guys do not want to compete and I am the foooolish one who actually thinks that you guys want to. Afterall, under Ole, you guys were only interested in Nationality -- his he English and does he have DNA. Now, its youth! :lol: :lol: :lol:

2. Philips cannot clean Casemiro's boots, even if Casemiro gave him the polish! One has won 5 CLs, the other is on the bench.

OK, very good, i now see where you are coming from.

The first point i need to make here is that i am not actually against Casemiro as a signing.
That is one player that will definitely improve the Manchester United midfield.

OK what if Casemiro had said no thanks, i am very happy at Madrid, Carlo still wants me.
Where would have United looked, which defensive midfielders would you have suggested.
That's where my comment to @wiseone was coming from.

Why am i saying and asking such.
Because it has been very clear for many years that Matic is getting along, and needed a replacement.
But is has taken this long to get Casemiro, and i consider it a lucky signing, because Rabiot apparently demanded very big wages.

Let's go further and say in addition to Casemiro, who else should United add.
Because as someone like Ralf Rangnick mentioned, there is a need for about 10 players. Fo the long term.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

By the way, cough cough* :biggrin:
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Why are we not going for Ndidi? I think he would make a great addition to our squad.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Leicester conned Man Utd into paying 80 million for Maguire. Imagine the kind of 419 maths they will do and insane amount they will ask for if Man Utd come asking for Ndidi. Leicester would probably price him at 150 million.
bamenda boy wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:03 am Why are we not going for Ndidi? I think he would make a great addition to our squad.