Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by wiseone »

Just watched ex Man Utd defender Chris “Mike” Smalling put in a shift for Roma. He looked solid and steady. Not Baresi, but looks like a defender of 🔝 6 club ability.

Then I thought: why did Man Utd sell him, keep Jones and Lindelof, and pay 80 million for Maguire? None of Jones, Lindelof, and Maguire is a better player than Smalling. The fact that Man Utd paid over 110 million for Lindelof and Maguire (none of whom is better than a solid but not outstanding Smalling) is an indictment of the club’s recruitment.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Bellingham is such a hot prospect that it would even have been worthwhile to avoid signing Casemiro, saved the money and contributed it to signing Bellingham - who might play at the top level for the next 10-15 years.
wiseone wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:21 pm If a Premier League club is serious about “future proofing” its midfield, Jude Bellingham is the ideal player to sign. He is such a good player already - and he is only 19 yo! 😳 Instead of blowing 90 million on two players with a combined age of 67, I would not have minded if the bulk of that money was spent on Bellingham. At least that way it would almost guarantee the stability of the club’s midfield for the next 12-15 years. The length of service one could get from him would justify the large fee (a bit like when Man Utd splashed out on Rooney and he became the top scorer for his club and country).

Then again, I understand that a new manager is under pressure to deliver results immediately and does not have the luxury of thinking long term.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

wiseone wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:43 pm Bellingham is such a hot prospect that it would even have been worthwhile to avoid signing Casemiro, saved the money and contributed it to signing Bellingham - who might play at the top level for the next 10-15 years.
wiseone wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:21 pm If a Premier League club is serious about “future proofing” its midfield, Jude Bellingham is the ideal player to sign. He is such a good player already - and he is only 19 yo! 😳 Instead of blowing 90 million on two players with a combined age of 67, I would not have minded if the bulk of that money was spent on Bellingham. At least that way it would almost guarantee the stability of the club’s midfield for the next 12-15 years. The length of service one could get from him would justify the large fee (a bit like when Man Utd splashed out on Rooney and he became the top scorer for his club and country).

Then again, I understand that a new manager is under pressure to deliver results immediately and does not have the luxury of thinking long term.
Bellingham and Casemiro play different positions. perhaps you should have saved on Antony and Martinez as well? :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

City is toying with Man united
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...United are scared stiff, gonna be a long afternoon.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Man City are on a different level this season. Now they have a Striker that can finish.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

This is poor from united,you need turn up for a derby game.City is way better than any team in the league my a country mile.Only Arsenal can slow them this season .
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...nightmare, 4 goals in the 1st half.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Debruyne is a wizard. One of the best assisters I have seen in this game.

So captain Mcquire is now a 3rd stringer. Lindelof subbed in while he is on the bench.

4-0
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

balo wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:42 pm Man City are on a different level this season. Now they have a Striker that can finish.
United is a poor team,with all their quality they need show up.A big derby and you are playing like a bottom team.
Lucky to beat Arsenal and liverpool
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

I just had to go change my Fantasy team captain to Salah this week. And Haaland is bent on destroying Man U.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

City better just beat them like 8-0 then lose next week.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

kajifu wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:48 pm
balo wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:42 pm Man City are on a different level this season. Now they have a Striker that can finish.
United is a poor team,with all their quality they need show up.A big derby and you are playing like a bottom team.
Lucky to beat Arsenal and liverpool
Maybe Man C is just a different beast. Pep is in no mood to show mercy.

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Fans leaving already? That’s classic :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Cito wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:47 pm Debruyne is a wizard. One of the best assisters I have seen in this game.

So captain Mcquire is now a 3rd stringer. Lindelof subbed in while he is on the bench.

4-0
Slab head is injured.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

What's the point of buying Casemiro if you are going to sit him on the bench whilst midfield is struggling in a big game
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

4 - 0 at half time.

Man C thinks they are playing Huddlesfield.

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Ok makes sense. I so wanted to see him in this game. The meme…. :D
ojafranpa wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:51 pm
Cito wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:47 pm Debruyne is a wizard. One of the best assisters I have seen in this game.

4-0
Slab head is injured.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Real Madrid must come to the aid of other EPL teams. Take Haaland to Spain.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Mourinho once accused Ten Hag of being very naive, after he dealt with him in the Europa League Final.

I like Ten Hag, but he is damn naive. Tufiakwa :lol: Has he been watching City? Who does he think he is playing? You. come out with that tactics? that formation? and Mctominay as your sole DM? against City? :lol: Dem be your mate? This is not arsenal. :loL:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Man U players are too nice.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

benteke wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:52 pm What's the point of buying Casemiro if you are going to sit him on the bench whilst midfield is struggling in a big game
:oops: remarkable. Very childish of Ten Hag. He still doesnt understand that philosophy is for losers. You go to City, a team that is significantly the best in the league, best coach in the league and best striker in the league and you want to Bamba? You want to chill with the big boys? You want to run kiti kiti and run kete ke te? :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

balo wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:54 pm Real Madrid must come to the aid of other EPL teams. Take Haaland to Spain.
I just need Haaland to score 60 EPL goals this season and humiliate the league. :rotf: