Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by danfo driver »

benteke wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:33 am
danfo driver wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:57 pm
benteke wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:32 pm
danfo driver wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:01 pm
joplass wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:16 pm CR7 just saved United by speaking out. He exposed the owner(s) and the entire management.
Stop saying silly things.The plans for this sale-announcement was handled several weeks ago, before the interview between ronaldo and piers.
Danfo i have to admit i also almost posted the same thing, i wanted to say the timing of this announcement makes me wonder, its exactly on the same day as the news that Ronaldo is leaving.

I am also mindfull that the Ronaldo interview was actually done a while ago, and I'm sure the club must have suspected that big things will ve said.

Anyway you seem very close to these proceedings behind the scenes, are you part of Jim Ratcliffe's consortium, because i see news that he is putting in a bid.
I am part of the Cybereagles Consortium. :D

Re: the announcement + Ronaldo. You know what the Glazers have been through over the last few years? Fans left the team to go form another club, fans have burned them in effigy, fans have flown planes above the stadium in protest, fans have matched against them, fans have insulted them to their faces..etc etc.. and they didnt sell. Its Ronaldo that will make them sell? :lol: lets be real my brother.

My GUESS is this. Like all seasoned investors, the Glazers' investment is ripe for an exit. Most investors (ignore Oligarchs) have an exit strategy placed in the timeline for their investment. They dont hold investments forever. United, like Liverpool is to FSG, is an investment to Glazers. They have zero emotion towards the club. Any investor who tells you that is lying -- its all about the money. So my guess is that the Glazers have come to the end of their investment cycle in United and its time for them to cash out!

And what an outrageously fantastic business it was from them! These guys did an LBO - they pretty much used United to buy United. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: They didnt spend a lick of their own money, yet, they are going to exit at 7 Billion pounds????!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: Kaii! After the exit, they need to hold a masterclass at Harvard this winter on this! :lol:
Not only that, overnight in that capitalist vulture move United was suddenly saddled with that debt created by that move, and the Glazers exit nicely and leave that debt of around £700million standing.
That makes many United die hard fans' blood boil :laugh:

Or maybe im mistaken, will there be any deal to sort out that debt during this new buyout/sale
I guess it depends on the transaction. The purchaser could do both a primary (invest into United in exchange of an issuance shares) and a secondary (purchase shares directly from the Glazers). Or they could insist, as part of the transaction that the Galzers use part of the money to pay off the debt, before the new shareholders take over, or another way I have seen it done, the buyer deducts the amount of the debt from the purchase price and pay the debt off after purchasing the shares.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

In dire need of a DM, how on earth did Man Utd’s scouting department not notice Sofyan Amrabat? He is like Moroccan reincarnation of “Three Lungs 🫁 Park”. A relentless workaholic DM. Just what Man Utd needed. Instead they ignored him and tried to sign toxic Rabiot and 30yo heading to the end of his career Casemiro.
benteke
Egg
Egg

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:56 pm In dire need of a DM, how on earth did Man Utd’s scouting department not notice Sofyan Amrabat? He is like Moroccan reincarnation of “Three Lungs 🫁 Park”. A relentless workaholic DM. Just what Man Utd needed. Instead they ignored him and tried to sign toxic Rabiot and 30yo heading to the end of his career Casemiro.
Wasup Wiseone.
I am assuming you are still not convinced with Casemiro :laugh:

Anyway am sure Casemiro is not the last midfield signing, i hope not.

Whats the latest on the new buyer