Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by Coach »

All to play for. Roy of the Rashfords at the ready. Anyone for dinner?

Double or quits? Up the punt, bet in-play. 2-nil most dangerous lead. United well in it.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

YemiBrazil wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:44 pm
benteke wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:04 pm Let's get ready for a bumpy ride after the International break lads.
These fixtures are why we love football, that feeling in the stomach when a big fixture is just about to kick off, and the final whistle :thumbs:

Leicester City (A)
Atalanta (H)
Liverpool (H)
Tottenham (A)
Atalanta (A)
Manchester City (H)
Watford (A)
Villarreal (A)
Chelsea (A)
Arsenal (A)
1 of 10 - 2-4 LOSS
2 of 10 - 3-2 WIN
3 of 10 - 0-5 LOSS
4 of 10 - 3-0 WIN
5 of 10 - 2-2 DRAW

W2 D1 L2

Goals Scored: 10
Goals Conceded: 13
:|
I predicted 4 games in the win column. This one seem to be heading into the loss column. Watford and Villarreal and Arsenal seem possibilities for the remaining 2 Ws.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Sancho for Bailly lol
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Rashy to the rescue.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...so Bailley taunted as a starter and calamity happened.
Utd simply getting schooled by the masters.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

benteke wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:04 pm Let's get ready for a bumpy ride after the International break lads.
These fixtures are why we love football, that feeling in the stomach when a big fixture is just about to kick off, and the final whistle :thumbs:

Leicester City (A)
Atalanta (H)
Liverpool (H)
Tottenham (A)
Atalanta (A)
Manchester City (H)
Watford (A)
Villarreal (A)
Chelsea (A)
Arsenal (A)
1 of 10 - 2-4 LOSS
2 of 10 - 3-2 WIN
3 of 10 - 0-5 LOSS
4 of 10 - 3-0 WIN
5 of 10 - 2-2 DRAW
6 of 10 - 0-2 LOSS

W2 D1 L3

Goals Scored: 10
Goals Conceded: 15
:|
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...I see them winning the rest as follows;
Watford
Villarreal
Chelsea
Arsenal
and every one would forget what happened before.
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Good coaches are winning against the inexperienced OGS. We play football one way. City players spread all over the pitch to received the ball giving the ball holder multiple options, at United>>>? We don't know what to do with the ball when with have it and if you have a pressing team like City, you are doomed to lose.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

joplass wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:02 pm Good coaches are winning against the inexperienced OGS. We play football one way. City players spread all over the pitch to received the ball giving the ball holder multiple options, at United>>>? We don't know what to do with the ball when with have it and if you have a pressing team like City, you are doomed to lose.
He's not inexperienced, he's just not good enough.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

joplass wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:02 pm Good coaches are winning against the inexperienced OGS. We play football one way. City players spread all over the pitch to received the ball giving the ball holder multiple options, at United>>>? We don't know what to do with the ball when with have it and if you have a pressing team like City, you are doomed to lose.

Yesterday was actually sad to watch.
Even Ole's after match presser, he sounded like he is giving up.

Pep Guardiola said that they took the ball and put it in the fridge :laugh:.
They simply took away Ole's only tactic in big games, they denied his team the chance to counter attack by starving them of the ball.
And Ole was lights out
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

man united is desperate, Ole is desperate, desperation led to 3-5-2, Pep countered the 3-5-2 by putting jesus / Foden to stop Bisakka/shaw from moving out from their own half, guess what, it worked
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

There are rumours doing the rounds linking Brendan Rogers to the Manchester United job

What do you guys think of Rogers, i remember his time at Liverpool, his team with SAS was one of the most exciting teams to watch, it just had major weaknesses in defence.

Anyway i wonder why Rodgers is even linked to United in the rumour mill
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

benteke wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:03 am There are rumours doing the rounds linking Brendan Rogers to the Manchester United job

What do you guys think of Rogers, i remember his time at Liverpool, his team with SAS was one of the most exciting teams to watch, it just had major weaknesses in defence.

it pains me, but TxJ was correct about Rodgers. He is a loser and a nearly man.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:01 am
benteke wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:03 am There are rumours doing the rounds linking Brendan Rogers to the Manchester United job

Well, i wouldn't argue with Liverpool fans assessment of Rodgers during his time with them.
I remember that towards the end he had lost his way trying to implement some sort of 343 and what not, after Suarez left for Barcelona.

But anyway the guy has won an FA Cup with Leicester FC, so his reputation of bottler is hit and miss.

Remember Klopp was also being laughed at as a bottler because he kept failing in CL finals, but that's different levels anyway.

But most importantly, Rogers Liverpool missed the title in 2014 by a whisker, and he was using an average midfield of the likes of Joe Allen, some random defenders and a useless keeper
All Rogers had was the famed SAS. Which was basically Suarez.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

benteke wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:09 am
danfo driver wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:01 am

Well, i wouldn't argue with Liverpool fans assessment of Rodgers during his time with them.
I remember that towards the end he had lost his way trying to implement some sort of 343 and what not, after Suarez left for Barcelona.

But anyway the guy has won an FA Cup with Leicester FC, so his reputation of bottler is hit and miss.

Remember Klopp was also being laughed at as a bottler because he kept failing in CL finals, but that's different levels anyway.

But most importantly, Rogers Liverpool missed the title in 2014 by a whisker, and he was using an average midfield of the likes of Joe Allen, some random defenders and a useless keeper
All Rogers had was the famed SAS. Which was basically Suarez.
Its not even about trophies. The guy bottled his way out of the CL qualifying places last year. He spent loads of money this year, bringing in player he wanted and he has began to bottle again. Dude doesnt seem able to handle pressure.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...when a good player is sidelined for a long time because of injury they tend to be poor on their return, that's what happening to Utd captain. The confidence is not there any more.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

How do you miss the same penalty twice?
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

I don't even understand why Ole still has a job.
With any other club with a competent board and serious owners, this coaching team would have been replaced many games ago.

Ole and his staff have serious favouritism when it comes to selecting players, and that should cost him his job
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

lol. He couldn't score a penalty to save his life. But he drilled in the 2nd goal. Sarr.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Ole in.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

this is now your level
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Ronaldo will play in Europa for the first time in his career.
Villarreal will blitz past this set up.

Man U players deserve this, they did not hesitate to go against Jose, but they have put up with this mediocrity from Ole because he smiles at them all the time