Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by benteke »

YemiBrazil wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:30 pm I don't care how much United spends. They will generate it back in no time especially if they start getting the business done on the green grass again - some people don kolo for that club matter and will buy anything Man United :lol: :mrgreen:

Spend spend spend.
We must have 2 good players per position all over the pitch.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

As much as I hate to say this: 🤦🏽 Utd should get Auba or Depay as a temporary 1-2 season stopgap signing until they find out whether Mason Greenwood will be transferred to Prison FC or until they can buy another striker. They missed an opportunity with Werner, and were very close to buying Haaland before he joined Dortmund.

Alas, pickings are now slim.
chopachop
Egg
Egg

Post by chopachop »

wiseone wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:57 pm As much as I hate to say this: 🤦🏽 Utd should get Auba or Depay as a temporary 1-2 season stopgap signing until they find out whether Mason Greenwood will be transferred to Prison FC or until they can buy another striker. They missed an opportunity with Werner, and were very close to buying Haaland before he joined Dortmund.

Alas, pickings are now slim.
Depay is better than Werner and any of the forwards they have right now CR7 included
and he can be gotten very very cheap however I doubt they will go for him since he is
cheap and the Manu recruiting team is the most clueless on the planet just like a kid handed
a cheque book. Their reasoning is any player expensively priced must be good. Feyernood must
be cursing to have not demanded 50M euro onwards for Malacia.
chopachop
Egg
Egg

Post by chopachop »

benteke wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:52 pm
YemiBrazil wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:30 pm I don't care how much United spends. They will generate it back in no time especially if they start getting the business done on the green grass again - some people don kolo for that club matter and will buy anything Man United :lol: :mrgreen:

Spend spend spend.
We must have 2 good players per position all over the pitch.
Watched the win against Southampton, most of the players are just not good for a
midt table team let alone a team like Manu. The team is a shadow of Manu of past
more like a championship side.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

You are right. It is almost as if Man Utd is allergic to spending less than 50 million on a player. The failure to sign Tolisso (available for free) when the team desperately needed midfield reinforcements is an example of this. Ronaldo’s days at the club are numbered (and Mason Greenwood might never play pro football again). Hence a CF is an acute problem position. Hence I am puzzled as to why they blew 80-90 million on winger Antony when the team already has Sancho, Rashford, Martial, Elanga, and Diallo who play in the same position, and especially when Antony has not yet done anything to suggest he is better than Salah, Mane, Luiz Diaz, Mahrez, Ziyech, and Jota (all of whom have proven themselves by winning the league title and playing in Champions League finals, and all of whom cost 50-30 million less than Antony).
chopachop wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:34 am
Depay is better than Werner and any of the forwards they have right now CR7 included
and he can be gotten very very cheap however I doubt they will go for him since he is
cheap and the Manu recruiting team is the most clueless on the planet just like a kid handed
a cheque book. Their reasoning is any player expensively priced must be good. Feyernood must
be cursing to have not demanded 50M euro onwards for Malacia.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Rashford will get his run down the middle, Martial too. Is it enough? All chicken no sides, is it ever?
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Coach - playing Martial and/or Rashford as the CF leaves only Sancho, Antony, and Elanga for the wide positions. 1-2 injuries or suspensions and they will be in big trouble. TBH in a normal world Elanga should not even be in the first team squad and should be out on loan getting experience elsewhere.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Man Utd has sold 21yo James Garner to Everton. Garner was a key player for Notts Forest while on loan there last season and helped get them promoted to the EPL. He also played very well against EPL opposition (including Arsenal) during Forest's FA Cup matches.

Given Man Utd's poor history with selling its academy players, let us hope they do not have to pay 90 million to buy him back in 4 years time...

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:44 pm
:D :wink:

Football is the only sport where fans cry over the owner's money and the owner laughs over the fans' money. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

United MUST go out and dominate in these last 4 days! No stone unturned! They need to spend insultingly and aggressively tell the league to FOOOK OFF! They are a bit close to where I believe they will easily get top 4. Antony, a ST, a CM (preferably De Jong) and a right back, and United will enter top 4.

This is not the time for sentiments.
Had you guys gotten that top class CM and ST and a top RB, you would easily have gotten top 4. Easily!

Anyway, i like the tactical aspect of your game in the last 3 games. With Antony coming in, and Casemiro -- you can see he is head and shoulders above all midfielders in both games, in which he has entered. Will be interesting.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Chopachop and Yeyeman: as I was saying...

wiseone wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:11 pm Sancho is one of Man Utd’s best signings of the post SAF era. He will come good.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

The biggest improvement i see is in that the defence is a lot more assured.
There's still a long way to go, more clinical teams will score goals, but it's a big improvement from the comical stuff we were seeing every week with Maguire in the team.
Everything else can improve from the going to midfield and then attack.
The only problem would be that the likes of Varane and Martial cannot stay fit for long.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...that match vs Leicester yesterday was haphazard.
Looks like they were tired, and lucky to have score, and their defense held on.
All those free kicks around United area could have resulted in one or more goals.
A good team will eat them for supper when gifted such chances.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

mcal wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:43 pm ...that match vs Leicester yesterday was haphazard.
All those free kicks around United area could have resulted in one or more goals.
Like i said, there's still a long way to go, good teams will score goals, it will happen.
But at least there is a bit of improvement in the way the back 4 is operating.
Confidence is coming back but by bit.
Once the midfield also gets into a rhythm, and the attackers start making teams think twice, then we can start talking about top 4 and other things.
The manager himself also admitted there is a long way to go.
A draw vs Arsenal will do :thumbs:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

mcal wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:43 pm ...that match vs Leicester yesterday was haphazard.
tiredness or no tiredness. You were playing an away game against a team that is hurt and angry. A team that has been beaten up and down and had to defend their honor in front of their fans. How did you think that will go? You will show up and humiliate them in front of their fans? :lol: Thats now how football works.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Like play like play, manure is back in business. [knK]gawd damnit[/KnK]
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

100%Naija wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:55 pm Like play like play, manure is back in business. [knK]gawd damnit[/KnK]
Looks like your boys are also back in business so no hiding place from yabbis for any of us this weekend! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

YemiBrazil wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:17 pm
100%Naija wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:55 pm Like play like play, manure is back in business. [knK]gawd damnit[/KnK]
Looks like your boys are also back in business so no hiding place from yabbis for any of us this weekend! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
my fren gerra away...like ojoro sooting blank stars, yall will finish below the Great Arsenal!!! :taunt:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

100%Naija wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:08 am
YemiBrazil wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:17 pm
my fren gerra away...like ojoro sooting blank stars, yall will finish below the Great Arsenal!!! :taunt:
:lol: :lol: We go worry about final finish in May

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:59 pm

Football is the only sport where fans cry over the owner's money and the owner laughs over the fans' money. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

United MUST go out and dominate in these last 4 days! No stone unturned! They need to spend insultingly and aggressively tell the league to FOOOK OFF! They are a bit close to where I believe they will easily get top 4. Antony, a ST, a CM (preferably De Jong) and a right back, and United will enter top 4.

Had you guys gotten that top class CM and ST and a top RB, you would easily have gotten top 4. Easily!

Anyway, i like the tactical aspect of your game in the last 3 games. With Antony coming in, and Casemiro -- you can see he is head and shoulders above all midfielders in both games, in which he has entered. Will be interesting.
Like I said, had you guys gotten that top class CM and ST and a top RB (Dalot is trying), you would easily have gotten top 4. Easily!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Wey that wise one? I told you United can't get worse than their first two games. They are looking very good.. as long as Maguire no dey, una fit challenge for title
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

benteke wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:57 pm
Cristao II wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:22 pm
benteke wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:10 pm
Cristao II wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:07 pm Eriksen still making the crappy corner kicks he used to make at Spurs.
Can you imagine, United is relying on him for midfield duties.
After Spurs let him go coz they want to improve
He is still a good player but he needs people who intelligently move into space around him.
That's besides the point my man.

Europe is brimming full of all sorts of central midfielders and DMs.

And then a club like United opts to go and get Eriksen at 30something years old to come and service midfield.

That's not a serious club policy.
Hello, dear. You were saying?
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Where is Phil Jones? Very strange that an employee of Man Utd who is a professional footballer did not play any of the club’s pre-season games, did not go on the pre-season tour, was not sold, and has not made a single match day squad yet no one talks about it. Is he OK? Has he been kidnapped by a drug cartel?

I am starting to think that he has a serious congenital health issue that the club does not want to reveal (similar to Darren Fletcher’s health issues).

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:25 pm
danfo driver wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:59 pm

Like I said, had you guys gotten that top class CM and ST and a top RB (Dalot is trying), you would easily have gotten top 4. Easily!
True. One more transfer window.

Good win today.