Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by balo »

Man U should allow Ole more time to perform his abracadabra.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

balo wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:33 pm Man U should allow Ole more time to perform his abracadabra.
You mean they should allow Spurs to take their own pound of flesh fest? :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

oloye wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:58 pm
balo wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:33 pm Man U should allow Ole more time to perform his abracadabra.
Yes ooo. :D
Kane needs to get back to shape.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Una dey underestimate Ole this weekend. :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Bros abeg. We have Nuno at the wheel presently. He is still adapting. Let's discuss again in February.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

:lol: :lol: This is the type of scenario where Ole annoyingly starts doing his abracadabra with the wheels o but all the orishas of Manchester won't accept his sacrifice this time.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

JackRussel wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:23 pm
benteke wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:41 pm :Gentlemen, would Antonio Conte be a good fit for United.

I think there is a thread on Conte somewhere, i need to revisit it now.

It's still speculation thought
Of course, Conte would be very useful at Man Utd. How about Zidane? Sounds like a good option to me too. He doesn't have much coaching experience anyway, I understand that.
Which Zidane 'doesn't have much coaching experience'? 2013 to date na beans? :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

I think either my prediction or my wish would guarantee OleOUT in November or at worst early December - don't blame me for being a horrible fan, it's been exciting as typical of 'roller coasters' but I don taya with this Ole own. I need a new adventure with a new manager :D

My Prediction:
Tottenham (A) 2-1 WIN
Atalanta (A) 1-2 LOSS
Manchester City (H) 0-3 LOSS
Watford (A) 3-2 WIN
Villarreal (A) 1-1 DRAW
Chelsea (A) 1-3 LOSS
Arsenal (A) 1-2 LOSS

My Wish:
Tottenham (A) - 0-3 LOSS
Atalanta (A) - 0-2 LOSS
Manchester City (H) - 0-5 LOSS
Watford (A) - 1-2 LOSS
Villarreal (A) - 0-2 LOSS
Chelsea (A) - 0-4 LOSS
Arsenal (A) - 0-2 LOSS

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:54 pm Benteke and others - the club also backed LVG and Mourinho in the transfer market with Galactico signings:

1) The club broke the world record transfer fee for Mourinho and two of the three most expensive signings in MU history were under Mourinho.

2) MU also broke the club record transfer fee for LVG, and gave him so much control and freedom of transfer and club policy that they allowed him to dismantle and get rid of many of the players from the all conquering SAF era (Evra, Nani, RVP, Chicharito, Zaha, Evans, the Twins, Kagawa, Keane, Welbeck) and bring in a whole assemblage of expensive signings - most of whom were worse than the players he got rid of (Depay, Mark Red, Darmian, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Falcao etc).

That said the club make a crucial mistake in the transition plan. The roadmap was to leave LVG in charge for 3 years with Giggs as his under-study/learning under him, then let him retire and allow Giggs to take over and have continuity with a manager from within the club ranks (with assistance from other ex players like Nicky Butt). However, the club prematurely aborted the plan, fired LVG, and lost Giggs in the process. This meant everything went back to square one/started the search for managerial stability all over again.
Wisey, you are running away from the point.
The point is that Ole was backed even more than those two managers.
It's a fact that when Mourinho finished second and asked the board to give him a final push in the transfer market so as to challenge for the title, what he got was Fred and Dalot.
When Ole finished 2nd, look at the players that the board has rewarded him with. Way more.

And on Van Gaal, essentially you agree with me, they messed up by not sticking to the plan, they didn't back him with time, he was doing on the right track.

Is there anything we can point to that the board hasn't done for Ole.

Actually i commend them for the way they have gone about things since they appointed Ole, they have shown full support thus far.
If they dicide to sack him after this run of games, i think it would be more or being worried about the lack of form and being worried about the top 4 being in danger
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

How could they have backed Ole even more than 2 prior managers who: (a) broke the club transfer record three times; and (b) broke the world record transfer fee?! :shock: Each of Pogba and Lukaku cost more than anyone Ole has ever signed (even allowing for player price inflation!).

For all his faults (bore you to sleep sideways passing), LVG had a tactical plan: defend and anaesthetise the opposition by keeping the ball and never allowing them to touch it. With a limited squad it worked and LVG actually had the second best defensive record in the league (amazing when you consider that he had the likes of Guillermo Varela, Tyler Blackett, and Paddy McNair in defence and Fellaini as his AM). The timing of LVG's sacking was brutal (1 day after he won the club's first trophy after the SAF era). We can also thank LVG for promoting Rashford to the first team as a raw 18yo.

How would things have gone if LVG had a third season in charge, Giggs succeeded him and got Mourinho's signings? (Pogba, Zlatan, Lukaku, Bailly etc)
benteke wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:44 pm Wisey, you are running away from the point.
The point is that Ole was backed even more than those two managers.
It's a fact that when Mourinho finished second and asked the board to give him a final push in the transfer market so as to challenge for the title, what he got was Fred and Dalot.
When Ole finished 2nd, look at the players that the board has rewarded him with. Way more.

And on Van Gaal, essentially you agree with me, they messed up by not sticking to the plan, they didn't back him with time, he was doing on the right track.

Is there anything we can point to that the board hasn't done for Ole.

Actually i commend them for the way they have gone about things since they appointed Ole, they have shown full support thus far.
If they dicide to sack him after this run of games, i think it would be more or being worried about the lack of form and being worried about the top 4 being in danger
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:15 pm How could they have backed Ole even more than 2 prior managers who: (a) broke the club transfer record three times; and (b) broke the world record transfer fee?! :shock: Each of Pogba and Lukaku cost more than anyone Ole has ever signed (even allowing for player price inflation!).
Brother, don't just concentrate on transfer fees for Pogba. We all know United overpaid for those two.
In reality they were just two players amongst a list of players that Jose requested.
But the fact remains, after Jose finished 2nd, did he get the backing he needed the next season. The answer is all he got was Fred and Dalot. That's why he threw toys out of the pram and everything went downhill from then.
Now we look at Ole, the board has done more than the minimum expected after he finished 2nd. Don't forget Ole also got a British record signing before, Maguire.

On LVG i agree fully with you, that why i said before he was the best of the bunch, only if he got more time, at least one thing i know is that his style of posession and building from the back might have been fully ingrained throughout the club, as boring as many suggested it was, but it is an essential for any serious club nowadays.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:15 pm How could they have backed Ole even more than 2 prior managers who: (a) broke the club transfer record three times; and (b) broke the world record transfer fee?! :shock: Each of Pogba and Lukaku cost more than anyone Ole has ever signed (even allowing for player price inflation!).

For all his faults (bore you to sleep sideways passing), LVG had a tactical plan: defend and anaesthetise the opposition by keeping the ball and never allowing them to touch it. With a limited squad it worked and LVG actually had the second best defensive record in the league (amazing when you consider that he had the likes of Guillermo Varela, Tyler Blackett, and Paddy McNair in defence and Fellaini as his AM). The timing of LVG's sacking was brutal (1 day after he won the club's first trophy after the SAF era). We can also thank LVG for promoting Rashford to the first team as a raw 18yo.

How would things have gone if LVG had a third season in charge, Giggs succeeded him and got Mourinho's signings? (Pogba, Zlatan, Lukaku, Bailly etc)

Van Gaal is the actually the only post Fergie manager that i think was worth the bother and especially for all the reasons you have mentioned :clap:

Mourinho, well i think in the first place he was the wrong fit, especially coming from Van Gaal philosophy. Plus Jose had no issues talking to the board behind Van Gaal's back.

Same with Ole, i dont think there's any United fan who believed United have hired an elite manager who can pose a challenge to the best, it was just a hope it works blind faith scenario
Plus Ole didnt mind saying some snide things about Mourinho when he was on a new manager bounce run of victories, Ole actually said stuff like "football is easy, the players just need to be happy" :laugh:
So he also deserves everything coming his way.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

The success of succession is not to be assumed. Much like Alan Shearer, Giggs in his cameos in the dugout, showed himself to be lacking the requisite qualities to any more than a sexpest.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

YemiBrazil wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:57 pm I think either my prediction or my wish would guarantee OleOUT in November or at worst early December - don't blame me for being a horrible fan, it's been exciting as typical of 'roller coasters' but I don taya with this Ole own. I need a new adventure with a new manager :D

My Prediction:
Tottenham (A) 2-1 WIN
Atalanta (A) 1-2 LOSS
Watford (A) 3-2 WIN
Villarreal (A) 1-1 DRAW
Chelsea (A) 1-3 LOSS
Arsenal (A) 1-2 LOSS

My Wish:
Tottenham (A) - 0-3 LOSS
Atalanta (A) - 0-2 LOSS
Watford (A) - 1-2 LOSS
Chelsea (A) - 0-4 LOSS
Arsenal (A) - 0-2 LOSS
Wow even if you no like your coach how can you wish your team open nyash like that?
You want your team to head to Championship because you want the coach gone?
We pray i wish come to reality but draw with Spurs and City then open nyash for the rest
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:40 pm
Una dey underestimate Ole this weekend. :D
Are you free Spurs or keeping the curse bro?
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

kajifu wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:14 am
YemiBrazil wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:57 pm I think either my prediction or my wish would guarantee OleOUT in November or at worst early December - don't blame me for being a horrible fan, it's been exciting as typical of 'roller coasters' but I don taya with this Ole own. I need a new adventure with a new manager :D

My Prediction:
Tottenham (A) 2-1 WIN
Atalanta (A) 1-2 LOSS
Watford (A) 3-2 WIN
Villarreal (A) 1-1 DRAW
Chelsea (A) 1-3 LOSS
Arsenal (A) 1-2 LOSS

My Wish:
Tottenham (A) - 0-3 LOSS
Atalanta (A) - 0-2 LOSS
Watford (A) - 1-2 LOSS
Chelsea (A) - 0-4 LOSS
Arsenal (A) - 0-2 LOSS
Wow even if you no like your coach how can you wish your team open nyash like that?
You want your team to head to Championship because you want the coach gone?
We pray i wish come to reality but draw with Spurs and City then open nyash for the rest
If you get sick you take bitter pills, painful injections or in severe cases surgery is necessary otherwise you endanger your life. You do those things not because you hate your body but to get better. If you don't act on time just because the pain is manageable it gets worse and recovery is much longer :mrgreen:

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Predicting or picturing an outcome scenario in football is not super difficult. It's just one of three possibilities, a win, draw or loss.

My mind keeps seeing Ole going super conservative & counterattacking, the annoying football strategy that works well for good but poorly managed teams. You get the result but torture your fans every matchday, difficult to watch despite occasional flashes of excitement.

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

As expected, Ole has gone 3-5-2. Ronaldo and Cavani upfront. Varane back.

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Uneventful so far as expected. Spurs started with the upper hand but United more dominant now with lots of action deep in their opponent’s end.

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Promising free kick for Spurs

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

First big chance of the match wasted by Son

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Narrow miss Cavani off a good United move

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

1-0 offside