Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by YemiBrazil »

Apt, bar the generalization on United fans!
Chigozie Agwuncha - on YouTube wrote:Chigozie Agwuncha
54 minutes ago

Glad to see United fans haven't recovered from their "Short Memory" syndrome. This is literally the Ole way. Start the season with a statement victory (4-0 against Chelsea, 5-1 against Leeds). Get fans dreaming of winning the League. String together a number of tight wins after. Then go on a torrid patch of form with some depressing performances against small teams, with a tough fixture list against big teams immediately ahead. Have fans hoping he gets the sack after losing these big games. Suddenly he turns it around by inspiring Rashy and the boys to "go out there and play for the badge;" gets massive results from these games with counterattacking football. Gets everyone off his back. Finishes the season trophyless but in the top four. Signs a new, 3-year contract. Gets expensive players for the new season. Starts the new season with a statement victory. Has fans dreaming of the League. Rinse and repeat.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

YemiBrazil wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:25 pm They have rescued him again. I celebrated that goal as a fan but I know deep that down that the torture continues :mrgreen: .

:mrgreen:
But with such performances, Ole's United will struggle big time away to Villareal and both legs vs Atalanta.
Dropping back to Europa is another possibility again
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...one can always smell a goal when opponents near united 18 yard box.
Dalot being oyinbo some feel is better than wan Basaka.
I think that Brazilian left back did redeem himself with that wonderful equalizer.
Kunle
Egg
Egg

Post by Kunle »

YemiBrazil wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:25 pm They have rescued him again. I celebrated that goal as a fan but I know deep that down that the torture continues :mrgreen: .
Just be ready to endure "the torture" :D :D
KK
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Kunle wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:39 am
Just be ready to endure "the torture" :D :D
:D Na so we see am. Na real endurance but could be fun sometimes. Life as a United was a bit boring until these years of crisis and false hopes.

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

1-1 goalless draw :| .

Another matchday another torture served hot by Ole #NumberedDays :lol: .

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

YemiBrazil wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:30 pm 1-1 goalless draw :| .

I count a couple of goals dia :tic:

Wha choo looking at?!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

you guys want a defensive midfielder yet? :rotf: :rotf:

Even Ronaldo was stunned that Gray was able to bully them like that and still stand! Ronaldo kept gesturing, "you couldnt take him out???" :rotf: Remarkable! How is a team of players who make millions unable to understand the basics of football? To have a corner and get hit like that on the counter is such a rookie experience. lol
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:44 pm
YemiBrazil wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:30 pm 1-1 goalless draw :| .

I count a couple of goals dia :tic:
Chei Uncle Scipio just confirmed that he is a real Naija ajebutter… na 1-1 goalless draw o! :lol: :lol:

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

mcal wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:10 pm ...one can always smell a goal when opponents near united 18 yard box.
Dalot being oyinbo some feel is better than wan Basaka.
I think that Brazilian left back did redeem himself with that wonderful equalizer.

You are now seeing the light bit by bit :thumbs:
Remember i said to you that the Old Trafford masses are restless, and it wasn't just about a loss to Young Boys, but issues like the one you now mention.

Some nice challenging do or die fixtures after the international break,
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

The glazers are content on selling millions of Ronaldo shirts, as far as Ole finishes in top 4, his job is secure, they will only act if the players stop playing for him or the fans go on a rampage at old trafford due to poor results
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Let's get ready for a bumpy ride after the International break lads.
These fixtures are why we love football, that feeling in the stomach when a big fixture is just about to kick off, and the final whistle :thumbs:

Leicester City (A)
Atalanta (H)
Liverpool (H)
Tottenham (A)
Atalanta (A)
Manchester City (H)
Watford (A)
Villarreal (A)
Chelsea (A)
Arsenal (A)
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

benteke wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:04 pm Let's get ready for a bumpy ride after the International break lads.
These fixtures are why we love football, that feeling in the stomach when a big fixture is just about to kick off, and the final whistle :thumbs:

Leicester City (A)
Atalanta (H)
Liverpool (H)
Tottenham (A)
Atalanta (A)
Manchester City (H)
Watford (A)
Villarreal (A)
Chelsea (A)
Arsenal (A)
Absolutely love it! No excuse, no respite, no hiding place, all gloves off :thumbs: :lol:

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

In other more exciting news

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

That is a really tough run of fixtures. If it ends with Man Utd dropping into the Europa League, Ole’s head will be on the block.

The parallels with last season are troubling…
benteke wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:04 pm Let's get ready for a bumpy ride after the International break lads.

Leicester City (A)
Atalanta (H)
Liverpool (H)
Tottenham (A)
Atalanta (A)
Manchester City (H)
Watford (A)
Villarreal (A)
Chelsea (A)
Arsenal (A)
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

The board still firmly believes in Ole to turn things around, this according to Romano on the video below.
Let us see what the situation will be like after that tough run of fixtures

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

marko wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:28 am The glazers are content on selling millions of Ronaldo shirts, as far as Ole finishes in top 4, his job is secure, they will only act if the players stop playing for him or the fans go on a rampage at old trafford due to poor results
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

YemiBrazil wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:48 pm Image

:rotf: :rotf:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Comrade Machel wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:01 pm
YemiBrazil wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:48 pm Image

:rotf: :rotf:

The face you make when you are fooking the fans! hard! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

wanaj0 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:52 am
theYemster wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:22 am
joplass wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:31 pm
theYemster wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:01 am Yet another reason why I feel Ronaldo is greater than Messi. He welcomes challenges while Messi prefers comfort. Had Messi gone to the EPL he likely would've joined City.
CR7 is better than Messi. Messi collects those personal accolades because I suspect he has a more likable personality. Out those Messi's awards one should have gone to Xavi and one to Iniesta. The higher the challenge the taller CR7 stands.
I used to be on the fence with regards to the Messi v Ronaldo debate but I've come to rate Ronaldo higher. The fact that Messi left Barcelona after spending the better part of his career playing in a loaded team alongside Suarez, Neymar, Iniesta and Xavi only to join another star studded team with Neymar, Mbappe, etc just says something about his mentality.

Great players challenge themselves.
Which club could he have gone too? Which clubs could afford him?
My guy, he's a free bird, he can go wherever he wants. Most top echelon teams can afford to pay him significant wages within reason considering they aren't paying Barca a dime. Yes PSG can pay more but he can get a substantial wage from a host of teams...if he so desired. This is almost like KD joining a 73 win Warriors team.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

theYemster wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:58 pm
wanaj0 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:52 am
theYemster wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:22 am
joplass wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:31 pm
theYemster wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:01 am Yet another reason why I feel Ronaldo is greater than Messi. He welcomes challenges while Messi prefers comfort. Had Messi gone to the EPL he likely would've joined City.
CR7 is better than Messi. Messi collects those personal accolades because I suspect he has a more likable personality. Out those Messi's awards one should have gone to Xavi and one to Iniesta. The higher the challenge the taller CR7 stands.
I used to be on the fence with regards to the Messi v Ronaldo debate but I've come to rate Ronaldo higher. The fact that Messi left Barcelona after spending the better part of his career playing in a loaded team alongside Suarez, Neymar, Iniesta and Xavi only to join another star studded team with Neymar, Mbappe, etc just says something about his mentality.

Great players challenge themselves.
Which club could he have gone too? Which clubs could afford him?
My guy, he's a free bird, he can go wherever he wants. Most top echelon teams can afford to pay him significant wages within reason considering they aren't paying Barca a dime. Yes PSG can pay more but he can get a substantial wage from a host of teams...if he so desired. This is almost like KD joining a 73 win Warriors team.
I doubt most teams can afford him. At least definitely not Arsenal
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Varane and SLab-Head injured and out for the Leicester game this weekend (at least - probably longer). Good chance for Bailly to show what he can do. My line-up would be:'

DDG (how does Unai Simon play for Spain ahead of him?! :shock:)
AWB-Bailly-Lindelof-Shaw
Pogba-McTominay-Fred
Greenwood-Cavani-Sancho

Subs: Henderson, Dalot, Jones, Telles, Matic, Lingard, Bruno, Ronaldo, Martial

Rationale: after an international week and with tough EPL and CL games coming up (including Liverpool!), an away game against Leicester (with the first choice two CDs out injured) is not the time to start players who do not press (Ronaldo). The team will need legs and runners (Fred and McTominay) as well as forwards who will harass the Leicester defenders and defend from the front (Cavani). I would rest Bruno and Ronaldo until the Atalanta and Liverpool games where they are bound to start. They can come on as subs against Leicester for the last 30 minutes - when spaces open up, defences tire, and they can be more effective.