Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:20 pm This Erik ten Hag is worse than Frank de Boer. At least that one was as Crystal Palace.
Hi, Cristao. Is he still worse than FDB? Look at the table. :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:01 pm I have no comment. There are systemic issues at this club. Erm Eriksen how far now?
Eriksen says look at the table. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:03 pm
Cristao II wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:01 pm I have no comment. There are systemic issues at this club. Erm Eriksen how far now?
Playing for a bigger club and will win something before Tottenham.

WTF are you talking about? You think any person with a brain will pick Tottenham above Manchester United? Even you will pick United above Tottenham. :rotf:
:rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

United is now joint third in the league, with one game in hand.

its interesting to see how this thread is quiet. When your hero was trying to humiliate a manager, there was rousing twerking! Now that the manager has pushed you into CL position, the fans here seem unhappy / indifferent. Isnt that remarkable? :oops:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:07 pm United is now joint third in the league, with one game in hand.

its interesting to see how this thread is quiet. When your hero was trying to humiliate a manager, there was rousing twerking! Now that the manager has pushed you into CL position, the fans here seem unhappy / indifferent. Isnt that remarkable? :oops:
We are quietly pleased, taking our big L and hoping the good form continues. :biggrin:
Some tough league games next, maybe thats why folk are 'quiet'.

But Ten Hag is dping a good job :clap:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Good luck to Daley Blind at Bayern. This is a shrewd bit of business. I always liked Daley when he was at Man Utd and thought Mourinho sold him too early. He never let the team down. The highlight of his time at Man Utd was when he played at CD and dealt with big strikers like Lukaku and Carroll (who were 5-6 inches taller than him) and dispossessed them with the ease of a parent taking sweets 🍭 away from a toddler.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

*cough cough*
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Man Utd has signed Crystal Palace GK Jack Butland on loan for the rest of this season. An unnecessary signing ✍️ given that Heaton and Nathan Bishop already provide back up for DDG.

joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Time will tell but Ten Hag looks legit. He came to play the way he wants. The team did not respond well, losing easy games here and there. He patched up the team started winning and losing here and there...then he really changed the team now United is mostly winning. I want to see the next Manchester derby.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

YemiBrazil wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:01 pm Winning trophies is a different ball game, but this manager is clearly on the right track. I can't wait for his first taste of the typical Man United crisis and meltdown sometime around October/November. How well he navigates that period will go a long way in defining his 'reign' at Old Trafford.

All the signs are looking good. This is not just a 'technical' person, he is detailed, and he is very involved in training and during matches. Teams tend to evolve into the manager's mindset and seems United finally got their own revolutionary manager after Sir Alex in the mold of the younger LVG, the Guardiolas, the Klopps etc. Goodluck with any player going behind his back to talk to the management. They will have to choose between that player and Ten Hag, and good luck with that even if you are a Cristiano Ronaldo though Ronaldo is way above such pettiness as a thorough professional.
Written July 20, 2022.

With Ten Hag, still a long way to go and may take 2 or 3 seasons for full Sir Alex era stability but it's so far, so good.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

joplass wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:01 pm Time will tell but Ten Hag looks legit. He came to play the way he wants. The team did not respond well, losing easy games here and there. He patched up the team started winning and losing here and there...then he really changed the team now United is mostly winning. I want to see the next Manchester derby.
The turning point for him was when he manhandled Ronaldo. That was necessary to show all the weak-minded feckless players on the team what the new world order is! Very important and necessary for success.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

This is cold. I wonder if he is referring to any of his current players?...

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

He is right. He is not saying anything different from what most people have been saying.

He inherited too many average players who shouldn't be playing for Man United. Rangnick said it too. Mourinho said it directly or indirectly. The only one that was playing Yes Man was Ole who doesn't want to hurt anybody.

The good thing is that Ten Hag is improving everybody including the average ones.

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

YemiBrazil - in order to make Man Utd title challengers, which 3 players would you buy and sell? (if the board said: "you can buy 3 players, but you have to get rid of 3 players as well")
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

wiseone wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:33 pm YemiBrazil - in order to make Man Utd title challengers, which 3 players would you buy and sell? (if the board said: "you can buy 3 players, but you have to get rid of 3 players as well")
I would tell the board that they are not yet ready to be serious title challengers. They need a strong bench to reach that level. They are not at the level of buy 3 but must sell 3.

However, for academic purpose I will list the Top 3 on my sell list but like I said, they have all improved under Ten Hag so things are changing.

OUTGOING
1 - Harry Maguire - slight improvement
2 - Victor Lindelof - lots of improvement
3 - Alex Telles

Shaky:
1 - Brandon Williams
2 - Eric Bailly
3 - Anthony Martial - I still see him as a winger, still useful
4 - Anthony Elanga
5 - Donny Van der Beek
6 - Fred - good but inconsistent, useful and improving
7 - Scot McTominay - Mr Man United, sometimes excellent but inconsistent, useful and improving

Phil Jones does not even count. Should be out at the end of the season.

INCOMING
The scouting department should do their job especially in terms of mental strength and injury records:
1 proper striker - HIGH PRIORITY
1 proper right wing forward
1 young deep midfield understudy for Casemiro
2 rugged hard to beat CDs - Lindelof & Maguire are too easy for sleeky pacy forwards and their anticipation is horrible - HIGH PRIORITY

*Man United simply can't afford this high number of senior players not being consistently at the expected level of performance when called upon.
Last edited by YemiBrazil on Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

@YemiBrazil - I was hoping you would name players rather than their positions (eg. “proper striker”).
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

wiseone wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:55 am @YemiBrazil - I was hoping you would name players rather than their positions (eg. “proper striker”).
I'm not a fan of naming random players as targets due to the complexities around transfer of players, manager's style, mindset, adaptability etc.
From what we saw at Ajax, one could picture Ten Hag's preference type but the scouting structure should do their job in finding the right options to support his decision.

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Oh please tell me this is not true. 🤦🏽

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

If the person in charge thinks he can bring the best out of him going forward,
why not? I will only question a choice if whoever manages the team is not involved.
wiseone wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:40 am Oh please tell me this is not true. 🤦🏽

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I fear that the best of WW is not top 3 of the EPL standard.
YemiBrazil wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:12 pm If the person in charge thinks he can bring the best out of him going forward,
why not? I will only question a choice if whoever manages the team is not involved.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

X

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

My thought as well but if this manager opts for him I would be optimistic.
wiseone wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:16 pm I fear that the best of WW is not top 3 of the EPL standard.
YemiBrazil wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:12 pm If the person in charge thinks he can bring the best out of him going forward,

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

bro,

it will be a fantastic deal for United! Fantastic deal! You get an experienced player who is very strong in areas where your attack is presently weak. He wont insist on being a starter, but he will probably score more goals than the starter - Martial. In the summer, you say goodbye to him, thank him for the CL position and go out and get Osimhen!

You guys should be praying to get this deal. I saw him in Germany and he has carried on in Turkey. The 6 months are Burnley does not show his qualities due to Burnely's style and the fact that they were playing panic football, trying to avoid relegation.

wiseone wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:40 am Oh please tell me this is not true. 🤦🏽