Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by Coach »

But for bags of cash, Greenwood would be serving time. Whilst others were he said, she said, the evidence against him was more incriminating. He’s fortunate enough to have had the pounds to pay off his accuser, many met by the same evidence, without the fiscal capacity are serving time. Much more than “shining eye to oyinbo”, boys/men the world over need to realise they have no entitlement to anyone. Greenwood like Partey was able to pay the piper, on another day, that’s not enough.

From the days of old to those new and those yet to come, the weakness of man has been woman and the destruction, much the same. Black, white and all in between. Colour. Irrelevant. Even more so in this day and age.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Will be interesting to see what Utd do next.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

@Coach - it may not have been money.

The difference in Greenwood's case was that the victim was his girlfriend (not a stranger). If his girlfriend refused to give evidence against him, then the case falls apart because there was no other witness to the alleged crime.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Coach wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:16 pm But for bags of cash, Greenwood would be serving time. Whilst others were he said, she said, the evidence against him was more incriminating. He’s fortunate enough to have had the pounds to pay off his accuser, many met by the same evidence, without the fiscal capacity are serving time. Much more than “shining eye to oyinbo”, boys/men the world over need to realise they have no entitlement to anyone. Greenwood like Partey was able to pay the piper, on another day, that’s not enough.

From the days of old to those new and those yet to come, the weakness of man has been woman and the destruction, much the same. Black, white and all in between. Colour. Irrelevant. Even more so in this day and age.
Wow! Shocking! shocking how a guy like you, who portrays intelligence, can miss the point so badly. My God! :oops:

Take care bro.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

wiseone wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:26 pm @Coach - it may not have been money.

The difference in Greenwood's case was that the victim was his girlfriend (not a stranger). If his girlfriend refused to give evidence against him, then the case falls apart because there was no other witness to the alleged crime.
@Wise, would be most unlikely. Though not impossible. The clue will be in the backdraft. Given how active the claimant was initially, sudden silence would be quite unusual. Anyway, whatever, it will be interesting to see what happens next. Do United, in need of reinforcements up top, play him or avoid the potential backlash? Keeping him out could open up a legal quagmire. Do they try to negotiate a termination of contract? Could get pretty messy. Needless to say, from a purely footballing perspective, would be a fantastic free transfer.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:08 pm I recall saying several months ago that perhaps I was clutching at straws, but that Man Utd's precipitous decline in form seemed to coincide with Greenwood's arrest. It is often forgotten that Man Utd started last season in red hot form, scored 11 goals in their first 4 games, and Greenwood scored in the first 3 games of the season. Learning that a team-mate might go to prison for rape cannot have been good for team harmony and stability,

Man Utd now have huge decisions to make about him.
The official press statement says that the club will conduct its own process before determining the next steps.

Is there any chance that they could terminate his contract if there is backlash from sponsors and women's groups etc.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

The only ways Man Utd could terminate Greenwood’s contract are:

1) Fire him outright: for what though? He was exonerated after a police investigation. If the club fires him for no reason, he could sue for unfair dismissal. The only slim chance the club has in this area is to fire him under the moral terpitude clause that is in many Premier League contracts. Even then that is a dicy one that also carries the risk of an unfair dismissal claim.

2) Agree to a mutual termination (ala Ronaldo). In this case Greenwood could demand that the club pay out his remaining salary in his contract (which runs until 2025). Does the club really want to pay one of the hottest young talents in the Premier League to NOT play for them, and give him money to join a rival?

If Greenwood was for sale in today's hyper inflated market, how much would a free scoring 21yo England international like him be worth? Given the insane amounts paid for Mudryk and Fernandez, Greenwood (before the rape claim) would not be worth less than £85 million.
benteke wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:39 pm The official press statement says that the club will conduct its own process before determining the next steps.

Is there any chance that they could terminate his contract if there is backlash from sponsors and women's groups etc.
Last edited by wiseone on Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

wiseone wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:13 pm The only ways Man Utd could terminate Greenwood’s contract are:

1) Fire him outright: for what though? He was exonerated after a police investigation. If the club fires him for no reason, he could sue for unfair dismissal. The only slim chance the club has in this area is to fire him under the moral terpitude clause that is in many Premier League contracts. Even then that is a dicy one that also carries the risk of an unfair dismissal claim.
He wasn't exonerated.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

wiseone wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:26 pm @Coach - it may not have been money.

I don't know whether payments for co-operation have been made but the accuser is now back with Greenwood - as in they're a couple again. So she's obviously not going to co-operate with prosecutors.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

I doubt Greenwood plays another game for Man United again.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:34 am I doubt Greenwood plays another game for Man United again.
This one is afraid. First Osimhen should go to Bayern, now Greenwood. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Yeye dey smell!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Alas, a statement from the ex chief prosecutor said “new evidence that presumably undermines the prosecution case has come to light”.

The YeyeMan wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:23 am
He wasn't exonerated.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

wiseone wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:48 am Alas, a statement from the ex chief prosecutor said “new evidence that presumably undermines the prosecution case has come to light”.

He wasn't exonerated.
He wasn't exonerated. There would need to be a trial and a conviction for him to have been exonerated.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The YeyeMan wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:39 am
wiseone wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:48 am Alas, a statement from the ex chief prosecutor said “new evidence that presumably undermines the prosecution case has come to light”.

He wasn't exonerated.
He wasn't exonerated. There would need to be a trial and a conviction for him to have been exonerated.
what???? Show us a conviction record or judgement. some of you people sef are so clueless about the law
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:21 pm

He wasn't exonerated.
what???? Show us a conviction record or judgement. some of you people sef are so clueless about the law
Clown. Go read a book.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The YeyeMan wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:45 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:21 pm

He wasn't exonerated.
Clown. Go read a book.
you get so sensitive when you get exposed for being an empty barrel ..hang in there troll
SuperEagles

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

- Mark Twain
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The YeyeMan wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:03 pm "Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

- Mark Twain
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=296248&start=3105
SuperEagles

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

One that flew under the radar due to all the noise about Sabitzer and Greenwood: Axel Tuanzebe has joined Stoke on loan until the end of the season. He is a player that several others predicted would “Make It” to the top (Mourinho, Lineker, Ferdinand, Hargreaves).

See this tweet from Gary Lineker in 2017 (when Tuanzebe made his debut as a 17yo).

I wish him well. He looked a really good prospect. It is a mystery how we went from putting Mbappe and Neymar in his back pocket during a Champions League game to a stage where the club has loaned him all over to Villa, Napoli, and now Stoke. He is now so far down the pecking order that Stoke is an audition to save his career.

Since Tuanzebe's contract with Man Utd expires at the end of the season this is practically him leaving the club and he will probably never play for Man Utd again.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Do you guys remember when an Arsenal player, Robin van Persie was arrested and locked up for 2 weeks for raping a woman? Then the case was dismissed? He then went on to play for and captained Arsenal.

We all remember a sick individual on Cybereagles who wants to end the careers of two black boys, but he supported Arsenal with Van Persie.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... -dismissed
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:20 am Do you guys remember when an Arsenal player, Robin van Persie was arrested and locked up for 2 weeks for raping a woman? Then the case was dismissed? He then went on to play for and captained Arsenal.

We all remember a sick individual on Cybereagles who wants to end the careers of two black boys, but he supported Arsenal with Van Persie.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... -dismissed
Wow..we do have lots of uncle Toms here ooo. I wonder if these people are really black.
SuperEagles

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Red card to Casemiro
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

balo wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:40 pm Red card to Casemiro
6 minutes later, CP scores.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg