Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by benteke »

Fred has come out and distanced himself from the noise and rumours.
If a few more senior players do the same then all the noises go away
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Gentleman, what do managers like Ole and Ralf Rangnick see or not see in Van De Beek, for them to keep him on the bench all the time
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Manchester United shouldn't fail my hand today. I want them to beat this Villa team. Steven Gerrard 'il Slipinho' made some rubbish comments IMHO about the AFCON stating it as an excuse to buy other players. United better not disappoint me this night. I see Ralf has changed tactics.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Cristao II wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:05 pm Manchester United shouldn't fail my hand today. I want them to beat this Villa team. Steven Gerrard 'il Slipinho' made some rubbish comments IMHO about the AFCON stating it as an excuse to buy other players. United better not disappoint me this night. I see Ralf has changed tactics.
...you lucky to escape defeat, 2 goals disallowed, Villa had more possession. United were very disjointed.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

mcal wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:48 am
Cristao II wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:05 pm Manchester United shouldn't fail my hand today. I want them to beat this Villa team. Steven Gerrard 'il Slipinho' made some rubbish comments IMHO about the AFCON stating it as an excuse to buy other players. United better not disappoint me this night. I see Ralf has changed tactics.
...you lucky to escape defeat, 2 goals disallowed, Villa had more possession. United were very disjointed.

And today there was no Ronaldo to ruin their rhythm :biggrin:

Its still looks as if Ole is the manager
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

benteke wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:43 pm Gentleman, what do managers like Ole and Ralf Rangnick see or not see in Van De Beek, for them to keep him on the bench all the time
Came in today like he has done in the past and did nothing other than run around. I am one of those who desperately want him to succeed ,but I am sorry it appears United is not for him. Every time I watch him play ,to be honest apart from the goal I saw him score against Watford ,I end up scratching my head what went wrong with this guy.

But it is easy, playing in a midfield that cannot retain the ball and are not mobile , it is like bringing a fish out of water and lining alongside chihuahuas as playmates....
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Which village is missing their '-----', who are you calling a United supporter?

I support the arse whooping of whatever team Steven Gerrard is the manager of.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Cristao II wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:15 pm
Which village is missing their '-----', who are you calling a United supporter?

I support the arse whooping of whatever team Steven Gerrard is the manager of.
...anyone who route for united to beat whoever it is they are playing :rotf: :rotf:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

This new Man United doesn't inspire me.

United always looks outnumbered in midfield, and the guy doesn't bother to start Van de Beek.

Carrick in his 3 games showed more promise than this guy
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

I am tired of United. Leading 0 - 2 only to see Villa tie the game. Painful.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...the only way made be United can survive is for Sir Fergie to return, for one year. They need a tough disciplinarian.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

joplass wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:12 pm I am tired of United. Leading 0 - 2 only to see Villa tie the game. Painful.

The problem is Ronaldo who does not press or mark, leaving the United easy to slice apart
Last edited by benteke on Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

New manager Rangnick and Martial are not seeing eye to eye
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Only Man Utd could go into a transfer window, not strengthen the weakest area of the team, and end up with a weaker squad and less strength in depth than before the window opened....

OUT:

Martial
Van De Beek
Diallo
Tuanzebe
Greenwood (self inflicted)

KEPT:

Jones (has played 1 game in 3 years)
Lingard: (has not played regularly for the team in nearly 3 years - needs game time, no point an England international like him rotting on the bench in the year prior to the World Cup)
Cavani (spends more time in Uruguay than Manchester)
Pogba (contract expires in the summer)
Mata (see Pogba)
Matic (see Mata)
Henderson (see Lingard)

So in the summer, Man Utd is likely to lose 11 players: Pogba, Cavani, Greenwood, Martial, Lingard, Van De Beek, Matic, Mata, Henderson, Tuanzebe, Jones.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Middlesborough tells Man U "Si e ba po!"
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

balo wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:56 pm Middlesborough tells Man U "Si e ba po!"
What language is that?
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Benedict Iroha wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:31 am
balo wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:56 pm Middlesborough tells Man U "Si e ba po!"
What language is that?
I believe it is Igbo. I may not get the spelling of the words right.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Its just not working for United.
Many would have you believe the biggest issue was bringing in Ronaldo.
But even of he doesn't start games it's still the same stuff, the issues are too many to narrow it down to just one player.
There's a long way to go I'm telling you :biggrin:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Struggled for large parts of the game against bottom placed Burnley.
Struggling to defend and more crucially struggling to score.

This new gaffer may need to change half the squad, this current one is not working.
Oh by the way he is only here for 6 months
Well we will see what they come up with as a manager for next season
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...when I say bigmanism is afflicting the club some go say wetin be that, na only Nigeria/African problem.
Note their also earlier down fall, after Pogba arrived he was the toast and revered. Then immediately Sanchez arrived from Arsenal with bigger pay, that was when shiit started going south for them. In this case, yes adding washed up Ronaldo was a huge mistake. They should have kept the vocal leader in Fernandes, but the they have 3, 4, or more captain materials starting and making mistakes during matches. The younger ones don't know what else is going on. Of course as usual the coach, Ole, was blamed and sacrificed.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

mcal wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:30 pm ...when I say bigmanism is afflicting the club some go say wetin be that, na only Nigeria/African problem.
Note their also earlier down fall, after Pogba arrived he was the toast and revered. Then immediately Sanchez arrived from Arsenal with bigger pay, that was when shiit started going south for them. In this case, yes adding washed up Ronaldo was a huge mistake. They should have kept the vocal leader in Fernandes, but the they have 3, 4, or more captain materials starting and making mistakes during matches. The younger ones don't know what else is going on. Of course as usual the coach, Ole, was blamed and sacrificed.
The narrative of the problem keeps changing every week :rotf:

But guess what. This has been the same situation for the past 2 seasons.

The difference being at that time almost everyone was united in the opinion that Ole is not a competent manager kkkk
The big scape goat is gone now....
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

This Saturday early kick off vs a Southampton side with its tails up.
It shouldn't be a tricky game by any means, under Ole Gunnar, United walloped them 9-0.
But that's last season.
It should be another interesting game, let's see if Captain Maguire is dropped like all other non performing players.

Then on Tuesday a very stubborn Brighton that can play football if given the chance, they have disturbed Chelsea twice.

Squeeky bum time may begin early for United fans, too bad its Squeeky bum time for a top 4 finish only lol