Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Kunle
Egg
Egg
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by Kunle »

benteke wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:37 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:00 am Problem with United is harry Maguire

The actual problem is that Man United is poorly managed, that's why Maguire keeps playing when he is making mistakes.

All that happened yesterday is something long overdue.
It was just a day when the clueless coaching team was exposed tactically at the highest levels.

And this might not be the last.
CR7 may find himself travelling on Thursdays for Europa fixtures.
Almost certain :mad:
Would be surprised if they make it out of the group. Any team that scores less than two goals against United is a weak team.
KK
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

mcal wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:10 pm
...makes no difference if they start him, they'll still get whooped. They have players problem not a coach problem.
Chief this has little to do with the players.
This coaching staff is being undressed tactically in front of the whole world every other game.
Even ordinary people can now see what mistakes the coaches are making.

I usually don't pay attention to TV pundits, after the Atalanta game, Paul Scholes caught my attention such that posted a video here.
He pointed out some things in the first half and said if United do that vs Liverpool they will be 3/4 nil down in the first half.

And then Uniteds genius coaches did the exact same thing :rotf:

I do wonder what other top managers genuinely think of Ole, i know many will never say it in public out of respect.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

benteke wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:37 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:00 am Problem with United is harry Maguire

The actual problem is that Man United is poorly managed, that's why Maguire keeps playing when he is making mistakes.

All that happened yesterday is something long overdue.
It was just a day when the clueless coaching team was exposed tactically at the highest levels.

And this might not be the last.
CR7 may find himself travelling on Thursdays for Europa fixtures.
I think Maguireis just garbage in general. I thought so even when Man I bought him..apart from his action man/John Terry Lite antics eg fighting for corners etc he is just not an intelligent defender in the same way your Vidic or Rio were
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

That was some unforgettable undressing and butt whooping by your biggest rival! :twisted:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

benteke wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:04 pm Let's get ready for a bumpy ride after the International break lads.
These fixtures are why we love football, that feeling in the stomach when a big fixture is just about to kick off, and the final whistle :thumbs:

Leicester City (A)
Atalanta (H)
Liverpool (H)
Tottenham (A)
Atalanta (A)
Manchester City (H)
Watford (A)
Villarreal (A)
Chelsea (A)
Arsenal (A)
1 of 10 - 2-4 LOSS
2 of 10 - 3-2 WIN
3 of 10 - 0-5 LOSS
:|

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

YemiBrazil wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:19 pm
benteke wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:04 pm Let's get ready for a bumpy ride after the International break lads.
These fixtures are why we love football, that feeling in the stomach when a big fixture is just about to kick off, and the final whistle :thumbs:

Leicester City (A)
Atalanta (H)
Liverpool (H)
Tottenham (A)
Atalanta (A)
Manchester City (H)
Watford (A)
Villarreal (A)
Chelsea (A)
Arsenal (A)
1 of 10 - 2-4 LOSS
2 of 10 - 3-2 WIN
3 of 10 - 0-5 LOSS
your problem is harry Maguire
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ole is at the Wheel!

We are as good as PSG!

Ole is at the Wheel!

Rashy! Rashy! Rashy!

I said, who is at the wheeeeeeeel!!

Ole is at the Wheel! Yes he is!

We are as good as PSG! Yes we are!

Ole is at the Wheel! Yes he is!

Rashy! Rashy! Rashy!

:D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote:
will not bother talking about PSG is it is irrelevant in this situation!

Moron

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:36 pm

Leicester City (A)
Atalanta (H)
Liverpool (H)
Tottenham (A)
Atalanta (A)
Manchester City (H)
Watford (A)
Villarreal (A)
Chelsea (A)
Arsenal (A)
1 of 10 - 2-4 LOSS
2 of 10 - 3-2 WIN
3 of 10 - 0-5 LOSS
One thousand percent kpom. The most worthless center back in the EPL. :lol: Slow, dumb, and very easily dribbled. :lol: How did anybody pay 80 milla for that useless truck pusher? And then make him captain? :lol: Leicester pulled of some serious four one nine dia. :thumbs:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...could be that long layoff injury don get to him.
Most players when they return from serious injury their game decline, not making excuse for him.
I remember Benteke, very lethal in front of goal with header and all until injury sidelined him, even missing out on the Belgium world cup of that year.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

ohsee wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:23 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:36 pm

Leicester City (A)
Atalanta (H)
Liverpool (H)
Tottenham (A)
Atalanta (A)
Manchester City (H)
Watford (A)
Villarreal (A)
Chelsea (A)
Arsenal (A)
1 of 10 - 2-4 LOSS
2 of 10 - 3-2 WIN
3 of 10 - 0-5 LOSS
One thousand percent kpom. The most worthless center back in the EPL. :lol: Slow, dumb, and very easily dribbled. :lol: How did anybody pay 80 milla for that useless truck pusher? And then make him captain? :lol: Leicester pulled of some serious four one nine dia. :thumbs:
shocking
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Comrade Machel wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:38 am
I think Maguireis just garbage in general. I thought so even when Man I bought him..apart from his action man/John Terry Lite antics eg fighting for corners etc he is just not an intelligent defender in the same way your Vidic or Rio were
After buying him, of which misjudgements do happen all the time, they went ahead and made him captain soon as he arrived, jumping the queue.
And while other players see the bench for poor form, those coaches at United trust Maguire over and over.
When it's like that, then Maguire is no longer the problem.
The problem is those who cannot see this problem called Maguire :biggrin:

We sometimes attack Pep Guardiola for buying and quickly getting rid of such.
That is what good ruthless managers do
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

:Gentlemen, would Antonio Conte be a good fit for United.

I think there is a thread on Conte somewhere, i need to revisit it now.

It's still speculation thought
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

benteke wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:41 pm :Gentlemen, would Antonio Conte be a good fit for United.

If you get him dont be surprise next he give you guys EPL trophy he is that good.One problem is that Danfo curse him in Europe so no Europe hope.
With the players at Manu Conte will only make you guys better come January bring few Italians hard defenders to beef up your defense
JackRussel
Egg
Egg

Post by JackRussel »

benteke wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:41 pm :Gentlemen, would Antonio Conte be a good fit for United.

Of course, Conte would be very useful at Man Utd. How about Zidane? Sounds like a good option to me too. He doesn't have much coaching experience anyway, I understand that.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I see everyone has already jumped on the “sack Ole and hire another manager” bandwagon. Conte is not the answer. Clearly, managers are not the problem as Ole was preceded by two Champions League winning managers who have won 14 league titles between them, and two Europa Leagues. LVG and Mourinho have better CVs than Conte. If they could not get Man U to challenge City and Liverpool, what makes everyone think Conte can do what they could not? Heck even the current assistant manager Mike Phelan has won more trophies than Conte!(including the Champions League)

Is there something else wrong at Man Utd? Galactico managers have come and gone, yet the same problems remain (including the Michael Carrick sized hole in midfield). It was not Ole that blazed a gilt edged chance over the bar in the 3rd minute against Liverpool. Nor did Ole leave Liverpool attackers unmarked. In the prior game it was not Ole that failed to control a simple pass from De Gea and that allowed Leicester to equalise.

Some of the players need to take accountability, and Bailly and VDB must be pissed off collecting splints on the bench while Maguire and some of the starters play like a school U-11 team.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:04 pm I see everyone has already jumped on the “sack Ole and hire another manager” bandwagon. Conte is not the answer. Clearly, managers are not the problem as Ole was preceded by two Champions League winning managers who have won 14 league titles between them, and two Europa Leagues. LVG and Mourinho have better CVs than Conte. If they could not get Man U to challenge City and Liverpool, what makes everyone think Conte can do what they could not? Heck even the current assistant manager Mike Phelan has won more trophies than Conte!(including the Champions League)

Is there something else wrong at Man Utd? Galactico managers have come and gone, yet the same problems remain (including the Michael Carrick sized hole in midfield). It was not Ole that blazed a gilt edged chance over the bar in the 3rd minute against Liverpool. Nor did Ole leave Liverpool attackers unmarked. In the prior game it was not Ole that failed to control a simple pass from De Gea and that allowed Leicester to equalise.

Some of the players need to take accountability, and Bailly and VDB must be pissed off collecting splints on the bench while Maguire and some of the starters play like a school U-11 team.
No ways Wiseone, the difference with Ole is that he has been backed fully and has had more than enough time, something that the other managers didn't get.
LVG was actually the best of the bunch, he had a clear idea how he wanted United to play, but although a lot of money was spent overpaying, he didn't get the right types of players because the board is not good at doing that.

Mourinho was the total opposite of LVG, and when he finished 2nd he asked for further push in the market so as to challenge for the title and all he got was Fred, then he kicked up a stink during the off season and fought with everyone, he just couldn't be bothered after that.

Ole has had all the backing and time.
It is him who should have prioritised a defensive midfielder, but he wanted Sancho.

Ole has little excuses.
Even without a DM that is needed, United shouldn't be getting embarrassed in such a manner, with whatever he has right now
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

wiseone wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:04 pm I see everyone has already jumped on the “sack Ole and hire another manager” bandwagon. Conte is not the answer. Clearly, managers are not the problem as Ole was preceded by two Champions League winning managers who have won 14 league titles between them, and two Europa Leagues. LVG and Mourinho have better CVs than Conte. If they could not get Man U to challenge City and Liverpool, what makes everyone think Conte can do what they could not? Heck even the current assistant manager Mike Phelan has won more trophies than Conte!(including the Champions League)

...I said it earlier in the thread, the problem is the players on the field, big guns, aka bigmanism-like players.
Remember this kind of slide happened when Alexis Sanchez arrived, then it was him and Pogba as the big men.
Now you have many of them, from the captain in the back to the galacticos up front.
The team need a coach much bigger than them all
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Who is fielding Maguire and those elementary school footballers as starters?
Ole has no excuse, he did not even offer any - he accepted responsibility. Watch the post-match press conferences against Leicester and against Liverpool. He accepted that something has to change, and said he accepts responsibility which means he is in control of whatever has to change.

It's been how many years now, yet you watch these guys against Watford, Aldershot, Swindon, MK Dons, name it and you wonder which team is supposed to be Manchester United. There is no sign that they are doing anything worthwhile in preparation for matches, we could see that with LVG and to a lesser level of efficiency, Mourinho. How many people can get away with that on any other job? Yes, the players are part of the issue but there is only one person with the role of the MANAGER. His job is to find solutions, without doing that he has failed. You see accomplished managers like Guardiola, Klopp, Bielsa, Conte, Tuchel etc on the sidelines most of the time firmly focused and screaming away to achieve success on what they have spent the preceding days to work on. Our Ole is comfortable on his seat for most of the match, isn't that something? You are on your a$$ in your office most of the week and you still can't stay in the technical area during your actual 'exam' of just a little over 90 minutes once or twice a week? Little wonder he was so comfortable as a substitute most of his career.

Football is complicated and not your conventional enterprise. The Glazers may define failure in their own way but the Fans also have their own definition, it is on you as the Manager to face reality and understand the delicate balance. Ole knows he has failed so far and he doesn't look capable of doing anything tangible or sustainable about it, NO SINGLE TROPHY so far, and a catastrophic loss to the biggest rivals. He is at the mercy of the players. Who will save him from himself at this point? That's the question.

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

benteke wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:31 pm Paul Scholes laid the truth bare yesterday, very honest.

Wise one have a look at this basic analysis and suggest a reason why any competent coaching can repeat the same mistakes they did in the first half vs Atalanta.
We can blame the players for missing, but it becomes clear sometimes that United comes up short on tactics all the time.

Lack of good tactics can make the players look bad because most times they dont seem to have a clear plan.

As boring as Van Gaal's teams were, most times they looked very well coached.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Hi guys,

Please I had two questions.

1. who is at the wheel?
2. who is as good as PSG?

Rashy! Rashy! Rashy! Thank you. :D
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Benteke and others - the club also backed LVG and Mourinho in the transfer market with Galactico signings:

1) The club broke the world record transfer fee for Mourinho and two of the three most expensive signings in MU history were under Mourinho.

2) MU also broke the club record transfer fee for LVG, and gave him so much control and freedom of transfer and club policy that they allowed him to dismantle and get rid of many of the players from the all conquering SAF era (Evra, Nani, RVP, Chicharito, Zaha, Evans, the Twins, Kagawa, Keane, Welbeck) and bring in a whole assemblage of expensive signings - most of whom were worse than the players he got rid of (Depay, Mark Red, Darmian, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Falcao etc).

That said the club make a crucial mistake in the transition plan. The roadmap was to leave LVG in charge for 3 years with Giggs as his under-study/learning under him, then let him retire and allow Giggs to take over and have continuity with a manager from within the club ranks (with assistance from other ex players like Nicky Butt). However, the club prematurely aborted the plan, fired LVG, and lost Giggs in the process. This meant everything went back to square one/started the search for managerial stability all over again.
Last edited by wiseone on Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.