Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by oloye »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:34 pm In my place of work, there are somethings I will never tolerate from a colleague. Up there is lack of commitment. If you dont want to be here or cant give 100% then you need to FOOK OFF!!! I will NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER tolerate lack of commitment.
When you keep playing same players regardless of their horror show, others begin to lose interest in the whole process, even when called up to play, they wont be bothered because they have since resigned themselves to the fact that their performance does not count.

Maguire has no business in that team, good thing Rashford has been benched for the Elonga boy. But Maguire should surrender the captain's band, the two reasons why he is being played (a) the band, (b) the price tag .....both are as a result of blunders by the men in suit and tie making decisions which the managers should be making. The earlier they accept that no matter how many games Maguire plays, they are not going to get value for their money, the better for them, else they would continue to look for the missing link even though it is staring them right in the face.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

It is indeed a strange world

The Maguire situation. Picture your workplace or your business. Could you as the employee get away with such glaring case of poor productivity, or you as the boss tolerate such? Even a poorly paid McDonald's staff can't get away with this level of productivity no matter how you slice it.

Why is this acceptable to the black suits at Man United for any reason? It does not even hold water in football as the peers won't accept it. Not Liverpool, not Man City, even the less successful ones. We have even seen a Nemanja Matic deployed in Maguire's position with far better stability and efficiency - football brain.

This is like holding on to your high expectation stock market mistake hoping for the impossible.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

they are now playing the CMs or DMs, saying they aren't protecting Maguire... kai this English people sef :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Coach wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:58 pm Too many galacticos not enough grace.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

YemiBrazil wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:33 pm It is indeed a strange world

The Maguire situation. Picture your workplace or your business. Could you as the employee get away with such glaring case of poor productivity, or you as the boss tolerate such? Even a poorly paid McDonald's staff can't get away with this level of productivity no matter how you slice it.

Why is this acceptable to the black suits at Man United for any reason? It does not even hold water in football as the peers won't accept it. Not Liverpool, not Man City, even the less successful ones. We have even seen a Nemanja Matic deployed in Maguire's position with far better stability and efficiency - football brain.

This is like holding on to your high expectation stock market mistake hoping for the impossible.
I don't understand why managers like Ole and now a respected man like Ralf Rangnick is preparermd to tarnish his reputation by sticking to Maguire when all common sense says the guy should have been dropped long ago.

It's a very big mystery, unless the instruction is coming from higher up to keep playing a high value asset.

Mr Rangnick has tarnished his reputation thus far, he has continued picking almost the same team as Ole Solksjaer.
And the results are no surprise.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

King 'Arry. Northern bread, Roman Catholic raised, quintessentially English, there would be nothing short of absolute furore amongst whitedom of punditry were Jacob jettisoned from the starting lineup. Rangnick was doomed from the start. Regardless of his claim to having plucked the cherry of Lady Gegenpress, his appointment was unwanted by the self-appointed aristocracy. The commentators and pundits alike had readied their rallying cries for the best of British. "Write-off the season and bring in Brendan Rodgers" some cried, whilst offers called from "Graham Potter". True stories. Seated atop a poisoned chalice, dropping any of England's darlings would've brought all manner of riot to Rangnick's doorstep.

United have evolved to a state of self governance, the symbiote has finally conquered the man. They will do as they wilt and most certainly as they please. Bringing in Pochettino mightn't have the desired effect lest they cull the cattle of those spreading foot and mouth. Needless to say, there's more cows for slaughter at Carrington than an abattoir.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

ManU heading out as it stands.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

FT, ManU out of champions league after losing at home.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

This was Athletico Madrid football at its finest.
Highly technical football, playing to contain but not dominate, and woe betide that they get that go ahead goal.

Bravo Diego Simeone. The better team goes through.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Cito wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:56 pm FT, ManU out of champions league after losing at home.
I wonder what motivation is left for the players from now till end of the season, they have a manager who is leaving at the end of the season and no trophies to play for.
Just to go through the motions and maybe hope for an Arsenal collapse.
Might as well just play academy kids and see which ones are good enough :biggrin:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...ManU and fans 'must be' glad they are out instead of squeaking in by a thin margin and get humiliated at the next round by a much more better club.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

man united finishing outside Europa and champions league spot will be the best news this season!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Lots of good players out of contract this summer. Should Man Utd sign any of them?

Tolisso
Dybala
Brozovic
Ousmane Dembele
Rudiger
Isco
Modric
Bellotti
Perisic
Witsel
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Rumours gathering pace are that Eric ten Hag is the favourite to be United manager next season
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Next season it is then....

At least few months ago we could come here and blame Ole and the coaching staff, others could say Ronaldo is the biggest issue, and we could have a barney about it :biggrin:

Not anymore, now one can even go back even to Van Gaal's era and still point out the same issues.

I wonder what next season has in store for the United faithful, from manager to players.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

benteke wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:50 pm Rumours gathering pace are that Eric ten Hag is the favourite to be United manager next season
...he has been warned (by van Gaal) not to take the job.
United is now where coaches go to "die".
The club need a vocal asssfuk type coach.
Since Ferguson left everyone who stepped in has been soft in locker room.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

mcal wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:50 am
benteke wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:50 pm Rumours gathering pace are that Eric ten Hag is the favourite to be United manager next season
By now it should be obvious that the problem is not the managers. Maybe some coaching staff (which Rag will address) and some players.
The biggest problems are upstairs.

They should have stuck with their agreement to Van Gaal. But they were impatient.
The club, team and fans could use a little bit of humility.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

mcal wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:50 am
I don’t think these current players will listen to Ferguson. The problem is you have player that make too much money it’s ridiculous. Marguire for instance is rich and they paid a ton for him. So, he knows management will want the coaches to play him to justify their investment. The problem for Man Utd is they got 9-10 Maguires in the team with no drive or motivation.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

wiseone wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:17 am Lots of good players out of contract this summer. Should Man Utd sign any of them?

Tolisso
Dybala
Brozovic
Ousmane Dembele
Rudiger
Isco
Modric
Bellotti
Perisic
Witsel
If United touches any of these players, then it is clear to me that United is not ready for success and wants to continue the same trash period of your history. smh. sometimes I wonder whether you guys actually want to ever be successful again
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:31 pm
wiseone wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:17 am Lots of good players out of contract this summer. Should Man Utd sign any of them?

Tolisso
Dybala
Brozovic
Ousmane Dembele
Rudiger
Isco
Modric
Bellotti
Perisic
Witsel
If United touches any of these players, then it is clear to me that United is not ready for success and wants to continue the same trash period of your history. smh. sometimes I wonder whether you guys actually want to ever be successful again
Spot on.

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Perisic is a decent player.

ManU's priority should be moving out certain players and let the new coach bring in their players.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Kabalega wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:12 am Perisic is a decent player.

ManU's priority should be moving out certain players and let the new coach bring in their players.
There was a season or transfer window when Mourinho was so intent on getting Perisic that he was even prepared for the board to sell Antony Martial to fund the transfer.

Manchester United fans thought Jose was crazy for trying to get rid of a 'promising club prosoect'. Most thought it better that the club sack Mourinho and keep Martial.
Interestingly the United board also thought the same and that's when it became clear that the board is siding with the players instead of the manager and that's when Jose started losing the dressing room and everything from then went downhill.

Now some seasons later the new manager has sent Martial on loan.

The new manager Ralf Rang nick at first seemed like an honest man who tells it as it is, but his loyalty to keeping Maguire as captain and starter every game must leave a lot of people baffled, including players.
Maybe he has been instructed to keep playing him so as to preserve his value, who knows
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

True. To me, Manchester United's problem is highly exaggerated due to the failure of the board in working with the managers to solve key problems. I have been blaming the managers because I was brought up to prioritize my tools or leave, as the result will always follow me.

1) Get just two physical but skillful and hardworking midfielders well groomed in gegenpressing, no need for big names.
2) Get a proper striker in the right age range.
3) Stop this Maguire fantasy. You are trying too hard to make him what he is not. He has exposed the weak mindedness of the managers.
4) Let the managers do their job. The other areas in the team are not perfect but they will sit up when you do the above.