Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by benteke »

How come Fred is a starter for Brazil and plays very well in their midfield.

The problem must be in Manchester
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

benteke wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:15 am How come Fred is a starter for Brazil and plays very well in their midfield.

True. The legend is not in Brazil, it would have been same ole same ole.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

benteke wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:15 am How come Fred is a starter for Brazil and plays very well in their midfield.

...like Pogba at France?

As opposed to some African players who play well at club but not at their national team.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

3-2
What a mad game this is.
And this is why we love English fball!
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

This game is just an advert on how not to defend.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Cito wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:45 pm This game is just an advert on how not to defend.
Man U need to SACK OLE if they hope to start to win trophies!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...the guys in red don't wanna play, like they have a beef with the coach.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

wanaj0 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:48 pm
Cito wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:45 pm This game is just an advert on how not to defend.
Man U need to SACK OLE if they hope to start to win trophies!
That's if they are interested in trophies. I don't think they are so I join in saying Ole IN!
How many seasons in charge now, and no pattern... no sign of any serious technical input and he still got a job at a so-called mega club :lol: :lol:

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

benteke wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:04 pm Let's get ready for a bumpy ride after the International break lads.
These fixtures are why we love football, that feeling in the stomach when a big fixture is just about to kick off, and the final whistle :thumbs:

Leicester City (A)
Atalanta (H)
Liverpool (H)
Tottenham (A)
Atalanta (A)
Manchester City (H)
Watford (A)
Villarreal (A)
Chelsea (A)
Arsenal (A)
1 of 10 - 2-4 LOSS
:mrgreen:

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

mcal wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:52 pm ...the guys in red don't wanna play, like they have a beef with the coach.
I hope so! :mrgreen:

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

benteke wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:04 pm Let's get ready for a bumpy ride after the International break lads.
These fixtures are why we love football, that feeling in the stomach when a big fixture is just about to kick off, and the final whistle :thumbs:

Leicester City (A)
Atalanta (H)
Liverpool (H)
Tottenham (A)
Atalanta (A)
Manchester City (H)
Watford (A)
Villarreal (A)
Chelsea (A)
Arsenal (A)

That’s a horrible run in the best of times.
I feel 4 Ole. It will take a serious miracle 2
survive this run of games.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

YemiBrazil wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:07 pm

Leicester City (A)
Atalanta (H)
Liverpool (H)
Tottenham (A)
Atalanta (A)
Manchester City (H)
Watford (A)
Villarreal (A)
Chelsea (A)
Arsenal (A)
1 of 10 - 2-4 LOSS
4 of 10 will be in the win column…
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Sleaky72 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:13 pm

Leicester City (A)
Atalanta (H)
Liverpool (H)
Tottenham (A)
Atalanta (A)
Manchester City (H)
Watford (A)
Villarreal (A)
Chelsea (A)
Arsenal (A)

They may win 4 out of the 10!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Cito wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:15 pm
YemiBrazil wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:07 pm

Leicester City (A)
Atalanta (H)
Liverpool (H)
Tottenham (A)
Atalanta (A)
Manchester City (H)
Watford (A)
Villarreal (A)
Chelsea (A)
Arsenal (A)
1 of 10 - 2-4 LOSS
4 of 10 will be in the win column…
Anything more than that is a bonus
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Ole in.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

A sad display of football today. Ole is out of his league, we need a proper manager.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Leicester City (A)
Atalanta (H)
Liverpool (H)
Tottenham (A)
Atalanta (A)
Manchester City (H)
Watford (A)
Villarreal (A)
Chelsea (A)
Arsenal (A)

I wonder what kind of miracle, because all the managers who know how to organise their teams to press Man United, will be rubbing their hands.

Maybe Ole will just go back to counter attacking that got him out of jail time and again in the past, but i think this time there will be nowhere to hide
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

mcal wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:52 pm ...the guys in red don't wanna play, like they have a beef with the coach.

But when i told you after the Young Boys loss that the problems are many, and you said we are overreacting

It has been clear for a long time each time one watches United, that this is a team that is very poorly coached and will occasionally surprise you with the odd out of the world performance, and then dawdle along much of the time.

But anyway, for some funny reason i look forward to these difficult upcoming fixtures, it will shall be very interesting times up till December :thumbs:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

benteke wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:49 am

But when i told you after the Young Boys loss that the problems are many, and you said we are overreacting

It has been clear for a long time each time one watches United, that this is a team that is very poorly coached and will occasionally surprise you with the odd out of the world performance, and then dawdle along much of the time.

But anyway, for some funny reason i look forward to these difficult upcoming fixtures, it will shall be very interesting times up till December :thumbs:
... I smell a clash of stars/leadership within the ranks.
Maguire, Fernandes, Pogba, and now Ronaldo.
Notice each time a goal is scored against them, an animated frown like blame game.
Mistakes always from the big ones, especially yesterday vs Liecester.
I sense Ole is not asserting in the dressing room like Sir Fergie.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

mcal wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:02 pm
benteke wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:49 am

... I smell a clash of stars/leadership within the ranks.
Maguire, Fernandes, Pogba, and now Ronaldo.
Notice each time a goal is scored against them, an animated frown like blame game.
Mistakes always from the big ones, especially yesterday vs Liecester.
I sense Ole is not asserting in the dressing room like Sir Fergie, Tuchel at Chelsea, and Pep at ManCity.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

I actually don't feel sorry for Ole.
When he took over the job and enjoyed a new manager bounce, he started making some snide comments aimed at Mourinho.

And then there's the way he is treating some players like Donny Van De Beek and Bailly and Romero.

He also seems to have a soft spot for the British contingent, the likes of Lingard and Maguire etc.

He deserves all that comes his way.

Let the difficult fixtures come along, at the end of the day i will enjoy watching football
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

That Leicester game reminded me of the game there during the LVG days where Man U were 2-0 and 3-1 up and ended up losing the game 3-5. It was a watershed for LVG as after that game, he battened down the hatches, stopped playing a front 2 of Falcao and RVP with Di Maria and Rooney behind them, and instead became far more cautious and defensive. His team was actually exciting until this game which convinced him to implement that bore you to sleep metronomic sideways passing style.

I actually hope this result will have a similar impact on Ole and convince him to:

1) Play Matic more (he is the only midfielder at the club deserving of the description:"DM").
2) Play Ronaldo less (at 36yo, he needs to be rested more and saved for the CL games). Games he should not play: away games at physical and aggressive teams just before a CL game.
3) Play two DMs away from home (Matic +A.N.Other).
4) Stop trying to shoehorn all the attacking superstars into the starting 11 (Ronaldo, Sancho, Greenwood, Pogba, Fernandes is a bit too attacking).
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:52 pm That Leicester game reminded me of the game there during the LVG days where Man U were 2-0 and 3-1 up and ended up losing the game 3-5. It was a watershed for LVG as after that game, he battened down the hatches, stopped playing a front 2 of Falcao and RVP with Di Maria and Rooney behind them, and instead became far more cautious and defensive. His team was actually exciting until this game which convinced him to implement that bore you to sleep metronomic sideways passing style.

I actually hope this result will have a similar impact on Ole and convince him to:

1) Play Matic more (he is the only midfielder at the club deserving of the description:"DM").
2) Play Ronaldo less (at 36yo, he needs to be rested more and saved for the CL games). Games he should not play: away games at physical and aggressive teams just before a CL game.
3) Play two DMs away from home (Matic +A.N.Other).
4) Stop trying to shoehorn all the attacking superstars into the starting 11 (Ronaldo, Sancho, Greenwood, Pogba, Fernandes is a bit too attacking).

There is currently an opinion doing the rounds, backed up by some Ronaldo pressing action stats, saying that Man United are now poor at pressing because of the introduction of Ronaldo into the squad.

But such an opinion leaves me wondering if United under Ole has ever been good at pressing even before Ronaldo arrived.
It's not like United have suddenly started playing poorly since the arrival of Ronaldo, they have been bad for most parts even in the season they finished 2nd.

And one of the biggest reasons is that Ole's United struggle badly to do any passing when they are pressed well, that's exactly what Leicester did to them all day.
And normally United fans say its because Ole keeps playing Fred and Mctominay. Well it doesn't matter who plays in that midfield, the problems remain the same.

Anyway let's see what changes Ole and his staff come up with, Ole said things must change.
Looking forward to Atalanta then Liverpool weekend