Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by wiseone »

YemiBrazil - if I had the “only 3 in and 3 out” limitation I would:

SELL:

1) Lindelof - bang average: get rid.

2) Telles - how did Brazil go from great LBs such as Serge Branco, Roberto Carlos, and Marcelo - to Alex Telles? Telles is a good crosser of the ball, but little else (looks like he is on the verge of falling over every time he gets the ball). ⚽️

3) Maguire - I cannot say anything that has not already been said.

BUY:

1) Osimhen or Vlahovic (the trouble is that either of them will cost north of 80 million - which might blow the entire/most of the transfer budget on one player).

2) Gvardiol - buying this guy guarantees the future of the defence for the next 12 years.

3) Ruben Neves - the closest thing to Michael Carrick playing in the EPL. He is a low risk signing as he already plays in the EPL and knows the league.

With such transfer limitations, and 3 defenders leaving, the club has to work with what it already has and “rehabilitate” some players:

*I still think there is a high class player lurking somewhere inside Sancho. If he can get his mind right and confidence back, the sky 🌌 is the limit for him.

*Move Martinez to/rotate between LB and CDM (where his accurate passing and vision would do more damage).

*I would bring Bailly back from loan. He is injury prone, but when he gets on the pitch he is a fast and aggressive nutter.

*Tuanzebe - injuries have ruined this lad. 3 years ago he put Mbappe and Neymar in his back pocket and played like a Rolls Royce defender. Since then he has played about 3 games.

*I would swap the young lads around a bit. Bring Diallo back from loan next season and send Elanga, Pellestri, and Nathan Bishop on loan instead. I would also send VDB out on loan (to regain confidence and fitness). He is too good a player to rot on the bench.

THE HEADACHES:

Henderson: he is a problem. He is too ambitious, cocky, and too good to sit on the bench. Yet it is not certain that he has matured enough to replace DDG. If the club brings him back from loan and does not make him #1 he will keep up a —-t storm and destabilise the dressing room.

Phil Jones clearly has a chronic illness that is so severe that the club is keeping it under wraps to protect his medical confidentiality (like they did when Fletch had irritable bowel syndrome).
Last edited by wiseone on Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

I definitely agree with your 3 in and 3 out.
wiseone wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:16 am YemiBrazil - if I had the “only 3 in and 3 out” limitation I would:

SELL:

1) Lindelof- bang average: get rid.

2) Telles - how did Brazil go from great LBs such as Serge Branco, Roberto Carlos, and Marcelo - to Alex Telles? Telles is a good crosser of the ball, but little else (looks like he is on the verge of falling over every time he gets the ball). ⚽️

3) Maguire - I cannot say anything that has not already been said.

BUY:

1) Osimhen or Vlahovic (the trouble is that either of them will cost north of 80 million- which might blow the entire/most of the transfer budget on one player).

2) Gvardiol - buying this guy guarantees the future of the defence for the next 12 years.

3) Ruben Neves - the closest thing to Michael Carrick playing in the EPL. He is a low risk signing as he already plays in the EPL and knows the league.

With such transfer limitations, and 3 defenders leaving, the club has to work with what it has and “rehabilitate” some players:

*I still think there is a high class player lurking somewhere inside Sancho. If he can get his mind right and confidence back, the sky 🌌 is the limit for him.

*Move Martinez to/rotate between LB and CDM (where his accurate passing and vision would do more damage).

*I would bring Bailly back from loan. He is injury prone, but when he gets on the pitch he is a fast and aggressive nutter.

*Tuanzebe - injuries have ruined this lad. 3 years ago he put Mbappe and Neymar in his back pocket and played like a Rolls Royce defender. Since then he has played about 3 games.

*I would swap the young lads around a bit. Bring Diallo back from loan next season and send Elanga, Pellestri, and Nathan Bishop on loan instead. I would also send VDB out on loan (to regain confidence and fitness). He is too good a player to rot on the bench.

THE HEADACHES:

Henderson: he is a problem. He is too ambitious, cocky, and too good to sit on the bench. Yet it is not certain that he has matured enough to replace DDG. If the club brings him back from loan and does not make him #1 he will keep up a —-t storm and destabilise the dressing room.

Phil Jones clearly has a chronic illness that is so severe that the club is keeping it under wraps to protect his medical confidentiality (like they did when Fletch had irritable bowel syndrome).
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

I agree. I decided to check him out last night with video highlights, match reports and some fan comments. Pretty decent stop gap and even better than anyone available in that position at the club. He is actually my type of forward. He could even eventually be bought permanently as a backup striker to whoever they figure out as the best option in the market.
danfo driver wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:18 am bro,

it will be a fantastic deal for United! Fantastic deal! You get an experienced player who is very strong in areas where your attack is presently weak. He wont insist on being a starter, but he will probably score more goals than the starter - Martial. In the summer, you say goodbye to him, thank him for the CL position and go out and get Osimhen!

You guys should be praying to get this deal. I saw him in Germany and he has carried on in Turkey. The 6 months are Burnley does not show his qualities due to Burnely's style and the fact that they were playing panic football, trying to avoid relegation.

YemiBrazil wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:12 pm If the person in charge thinks he can bring the best out of him going forward,
why not? I will only question a choice if whoever manages the team is not involved.
wiseone wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:40 am Oh please tell me this is not true. 🤦🏽

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Oh no. 🤦🏽 Romano rarely gets these things wrong.

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:43 pm Oh no. 🤦🏽 Romano rarely gets these things wrong.

Like others have mantioned in above posts, i also give this signing the benefit of the doubt.
I see it as a Ten Hag choice.
So far Ten Hag has done more than enough to prove he has a clear idea of what he wants.

He is not exactly Henrik Larsson, but that kind of signing that United have done before..... :thumbs:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Man United need Weghorst now but have long-term ambition to sign Osimhen, Sesko or Kane

https://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-tran ... ko-or-kane
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

United please show up on saturday at home
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

kajifu wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:17 pm United please show up on saturday at home

lol.. you know Arsenal is palying united after eh ? u never start to shake ? :taunt:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

United playing very well against their city rivals and current best team in English football underlines the progress made so far in the past few months. That's not saying much because Ole whooped Man City many times. The difference here so far is in the actual performance and match control. Well done Ten Hag, this would have been a productive first half if Ten Hag has a proper striker in his team.

United on the right track and we should be excited going forward.

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

YemiBrazil wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:25 pm United playing very well against their city rivals and current best team in English football underlines the progress made so far in the past few months. That's not saying much because Ole whooped Man City many times. The difference here so far is in the actual performance and match control. Well done Ten Hag, this would have been a productive first half if Ten Hag has a proper striker in his team.

United on the right track and we should be excited going forward.
as long as United loses , we don't want assanal winning anything this season
SuperEagles

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

1-1 Arsenal fans love this score line.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

2-1 and the tide seem to turn. Porky is already having an awful day.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

cheei. those counters dey finish city
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Casemero..what a player..
SuperEagles

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Arsenal win di game!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Wha choo looking at?!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Hello all. :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Rashy Rash, what a player
SuperEagles

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

danfo driver wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:28 pm Hello all. :D
You saw that nice winner that Rashyboy scored for Arsenal? :mrgreen:

Wha choo looking at?!
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:28 pm Arsenal win di game!! :thumbs: :thumbs:
Remember when an Arsenal fan (not sure if it was you) asked why people hate Arsenal and their fans? This, right here, is the reason! United wins a derby after years of pain, rather than allow their fans to enjoy it, an Arsenal fan comes in to make it all about Arsenal :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Very bizarre first. Glitch in the VARtrix. Well received at Ashburton. Could be a ploy worth exploiting, player stays deliberately offside, runs towards the ball to draw the defender’s attentions, but doesn’t touch the ball, leaving it for the onrushing troops. Bosh!!!

Side note, Haaland 60 goals, easiest league ever. Fact.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:29 pm Rashy Rash, what a player
He scored a very nice goal for Arsenal :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wha choo looking at?!
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Now we are winning big games again.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)