Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by YemiBrazil »

The city council in Manchester and other layers of government will have to step in and have some conversations with the Glazer family. Policing and crowd control during protests is not cheap. This cannot continue, they have to address the fans/representatives and reach an agreement. The football club is part of a community, it's always been a part of a community before you use business abracadabra to buy the club. Now you have to deal with the real life issues that comes with such business decisions.

*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Cito wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:33 am He will score for ManU against Arsenal in a 4-1 loss :D
YemiBrazil wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:22 pm Don't mind the boy. Let me just keep that post as a template and maybe he would just keep answering with goals especially against Arsenal :taunt: :taunt: :lol:
Cito wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:21 pm He answered with a goal. :mrgreen:

YemiBrazil wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:52 pm Is this Rashford guy redeemable?
Kai, see better prayer. Cito you are a chineke'd man! :clap:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

If a Premier League club is serious about “future proofing” its midfield, Jude Bellingham is the ideal player to sign. He is such a good player already - and he is only 19 yo! 😳 Instead of blowing 90 million on two players with a combined age of 67, I would not have minded if the bulk of that money was spent on Bellingham. At least that way it would almost guarantee the stability of the club’s midfield for the next 12-15 years. The length of service one could get from him would justify the large fee (a bit like when Man Utd splashed out on Rooney and he became the top scorer for his club and country).

Then again, I understand that a new manager is under pressure to deliver results immediately and does not have the luxury of thinking long term.
chopachop
Egg
Egg

Post by chopachop »

wiseone wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:21 pm If a Premier League club is serious about “future proofing” its midfield, Jude Bellingham is the ideal player to sign. He is such a good player already - and he is only 19 yo! 😳 Instead of blowing 90 million on two players with a combined age of 67, I would not have minded if the bulk of that money was spent on Bellingham. At least that way it would almost guarantee the stability of the club’s midfield for the next 12-15 years. The length of service one could get from him would justify the large fee (a bit like when Man Utd splashed out on Rooney and he became the top scorer for his club and country).

Then again, I understand that a new manager is under pressure to deliver results immediately and does not have the luxury of thinking long term.
The same was said of Jadon Sancho.
We know how he is justifying the large transfer fee Manu paid for him
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Sancho is one of Man Utd’s best signings of the post SAF era. He will come good.

Remember that Ronaldo, Vidic, Evra, and De Gea were initially derided as bad signings when they first arrived. I even recall an article in The Guardian which criticised Ferguson for his poor choice of players and claimed that Wenger and Mourinho “would never have wasted money on players as limited” as Evra and Vidic. Patience, a few seasons to settle, several league titles and three Champions League finals later…
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I hope these Gakpo rumours are not true. Watched him playing for PSV in the Champions League against Rangers, and he seemed like a low res Memphis Depay (without the strength, muscles, extraordinary ego, and tattoos).
chopachop
Egg
Egg

Post by chopachop »

wiseone wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:57 pm I hope these Gakpo rumours are not true. Watched him playing for PSV in the Champions League against Rangers, and he seemed like a low res Memphis Depay (without the strength, muscles, extraordinary ego, and tattoos).
Youtube vids of players can be very deceiving, I refrain from watching them and any person incharge
of recruiting would be better of not watching as well.
Memphis Depay is not a bad player, I think he is underrated just because he didn't make it at Manu
but since then he has matured as a player.
chopachop
Egg
Egg

Post by chopachop »

wiseone wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:11 pm Sancho is one of Man Utd’s best signings of the post SAF era. He will come good.

Remember that Ronaldo, Vidic, Evra, and De Gea were initially derided as bad signings when they first arrived. I even recall an article in The Guardian which criticised Ferguson for his poor choice of players and claimed that Wenger and Mourinho “would never have wasted money on players as limited” as Evra and Vidic. Patience, a few seasons to settle, several league titles and three Champions League finals later…
Well time will tell.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Manchester United: Harry Maguire not guaranteed to start because of captaincy, says Erik ten Hag
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62695557
"I say that doesn't mean when you are captain that you are established to play always, especially not when you also have Varane in your squad," he added.
why are they linking Maguire to Chelsea for? to play with the u23s or wetin.. dude is trash
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

wiseone wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:11 pm Sancho is one of Man Utd’s best signings of the post SAF era. He will come good.
That's an indictment, he's been below par since he joined.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

He joined in the club’s worst season for about 30 years. Give him time. In a less dysfunctional environment he will be ace.

The YeyeMan wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:12 am
That's an indictment, he's been below par since he joined.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

chopachop wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:22 pm
wiseone wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:21 pm If a Premier League club is serious about “future proofing” its midfield, Jude Bellingham is the ideal player to sign. He is such a good player already - and he is only 19 yo! 😳 Instead of blowing 90 million on two players with a combined age of 67, I would not have minded if the bulk of that money was spent on Bellingham. At least that way it would almost guarantee the stability of the club’s midfield for the next 12-15 years. The length of service one could get from him would justify the large fee (a bit like when Man Utd splashed out on Rooney and he became the top scorer for his club and country).

The same was said of Jadon Sancho.
We know how he is justifying the large transfer fee Manu paid for him
KPOM!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

the pitch is horrible and Chelsea plays here on tuesday
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

to me Salisu is one of the worst defenders in the league
SuperEagles

100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Aribo is always out of position. Na wa
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Aribo almost levels the game but Walker-Peters cant even head the rebound on goal. Mumu
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Looks like Ten Hag has picked an enemy in the press corps already. This reminds me of Ferguson’s long running feud with the BBC where he banned them from Man Utd press conferences for over a decade.

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Dean Henderson is still saving penalties and putting in excellent performances on loan at Forest. Henderson is the first EPL GK to save a Harry Kane penalty in 4 years, and has saved 55% of the penalties he has faced in his career. 😳 That is the highest penalty save percentage of any Premier League GK.

In comparison, DDG has saved 16% of the penalties he has saved.

GK is the only position where Man Utd has an abundance of options. 3 international GKs in DDG, Henderson, and Heaton.

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Anthony is no like Ziyetch ooo. 80 million. kai
SuperEagles

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

If this is true then Napoli has some chutzpah. They want Man Utd to pay them huge sums of money for Osimhen, then they want Ronaldo - but for Man Utd to pay most of his wages. So they want to hire a new employee but for his former employer to continue paying him!

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

wiseone wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:07 pm If this is true then Napoli has some chutzpah. They want Man Utd to pay them huge sums of money for Osimhen, then they want Ronaldo - but for Man Utd to pay most of his wages. So they want to hire a new employee but for his former employer to continue paying him!

hmmm nah wah for United ooo
SuperEagles

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

I don't care how much United spends. They will generate it back in no time especially if they start getting the business done on the green grass again - some people don kolo for that club matter and will buy anything Man United :lol: :mrgreen:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

YemiBrazil wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:30 pm I don't care how much United spends. They will generate it back in no time especially if they start getting the business done on the green grass again - some people don kolo for that club matter and will buy anything Man United :lol: :mrgreen:
:D :wink:

Football is the only sport where fans cry over the owner's money and the owner laughs over the fans' money. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

United MUST go out and dominate in these last 4 days! No stone unturned! They need to spend insultingly and aggressively tell the league to FOOOK OFF! They are a bit close to where I believe they will easily get top 4. Antony, a ST, a CM (preferably De Jong) and a right back, and United will enter top 4.

This is not the time for sentiments.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?