Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by wiseone »

Man Utd needs Caicedo more than Mount.

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Rabiot has renewed with Juve.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Thank goodness. After the Ronaldo show (and Mason Greenwood’s controversy lurking in the background), the last thing the club needs is a monstrous ego and new destabilising influence to arrive.

United should stop wasting time and money chasing Mason Mount. An attacking midfielder in the last year of his contract who will cost 60 million is not a big priority for a club that already has Fernandes, Eriksen, and Van de Beek playing in that position. Chelsea demanding 60 million for Mount, while selling Kovacic (who is also in the last year of his contract) to the Premier League champions for half that amount, is utterly despicable.

If I were Fletch or Arnold, I would walk away from the Mount deal, and then use the funds to buy a striker (not called Kane) instead, and sign Mount for free when his contract expires next year.
balo wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:52 pm Rabiot has renewed with Juve.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

wiseone wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:44 pm Thank goodness. After the Ronaldo show (and Mason Greenwood’s controversy lurking in the background), the last thing the club needs is a monstrous ego and new destabilising influence to arrive.

United should stop wasting time and money chasing Mason Mount. An attacking midfielder in the last year of his contract who will cost 60 million is not a big priority for a club that already has Fernandes, Eriksen, and Van de Beek playing in that position. Chelsea demanding 60 million for Mount, while selling Kovacic (who is also in the last year of his contract) to the Premier League champions for half that amount, is utterly despicable.

If I were Fletch or Arnold, I would walk away from the Mount deal, and then use the funds to buy a striker (not called Kane) instead, and sign Mount for free when his contract expires next year.
balo wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:52 pm Rabiot has renewed with Juve.

You can still get him while he's hot.

If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Why pay 60 million for a player in the last year of his contract who plays in the same position as United's star player?
balo wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:57 am

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

That's why I don't like following United transfer news. Wasting precious time on one average Mason Mount when they have more important positions to address.

Even if they want him, why the summertime drama? Give him solid personal terms the United way since you are in direct contact & ask him to wait till January for a free move.
wiseone wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:17 am Why pay 60 million for a player in the last year of his contract who plays in the same position as United's star player?

*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

That would be the wise thing to do. However there is a fear Poch and Mason may iron things out and Mason could decide to stay at Chelsea. Hence the drama.

YemiBrazil wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:52 pm That's why I don't like following United transfer news. Wasting precious time on one average Mason Mount when they have more important positions to address.

Even if they want him, why the summertime drama? Give him solid personal terms the United way since you are in direct contact & ask him to wait till January for a free move.
wiseone wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:17 am Why pay 60 million for a player in the last year of his contract who plays in the same position as United's star player?

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Frankly that would be in the best interest of all parties involved. Let him stay and iron things out with Poch. Chelsea have been good to him. United definitely have way more important areas to address. Apparently they are using the drama as a smokescreen to cover up deeper issues across board.
balo wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:20 pm That would be the wise thing to do. However there is a fear Poch and Mason may iron things out and Mason could decide to stay at Chelsea. Hence the drama.

YemiBrazil wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:52 pm That's why I don't like following United transfer news. Wasting precious time on one average Mason Mount when they have more important positions to address.

*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

benteke wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:08 am
...and who gave the contract to sign?
Who then did the United have in mind to replace him?
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Drat

Last edited by wiseone on Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

60M pounds for a player with 1 year left :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Will be on almost 300k/wk at Man U. Dang!

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Manchester United desperately needs a new striker and central defender. Hence the club spent 60 million to buy a midfielder in the last year of his contract who plays in the same position as the club’s star player.

🤦🏾‍♂️

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

wiseone wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:52 pm Manchester United desperately needs a new striker and central defender. Hence the club spent 60 million to buy a midfielder in the last year of his contract who plays in the same position as the club’s star player.

🤦🏾‍♂️

:laugh:
SuperEagles

Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:41 pm
wiseone wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:52 pm Manchester United desperately needs a new striker and central defender. Hence the club spent 60 million to buy a midfielder in the last year of his contract who plays in the same position as the club’s star player.

🤦🏾‍♂️

:laugh:
I don tell una all these clubs dey wash money. hmmm MM ok o
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

🤦🏾‍♂️

If you need more Chelsea players, just holler.

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

paying 60M for Mount ..one year left..kai ...nah real wah for Money miss road United
SuperEagles

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

🤦🏾‍♂️

I ask again Mr wiseone.

Who is responsible for this activity.
Its been happening every transfer window now going back to David Moyes' time.
When the season is underway, Man United fans will start pointing fingers at the Glazers(if they are still owners of the club).

By the way, what's holding up the proposed sale of United to either the Qatari shiekh or Ineos group.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

The fact that Chelsea was willing to sell him to a direct Premier League rival makes me suspicious. As in - what is Chelsea hiding? Is he carrying a hidden injury or is he a difficult player to handle?

Oddly enough, the only Chelsea player I would have spent money on is Lukaku.
balo wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 5:08 pm
Last edited by wiseone on Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

wiseone wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:56 am The fact that Chelsea was willing to sell him to a direct Premier League rival makes me suspicious As in - what is Chelsea hiding? Is he carrying a hidden injury or is he a difficult player to handle?

Oddly enough, the only Chelsea player I would have spent money on is Lukaku.
balo wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 5:08 pm
Chelsea is actually very open with regards to Mount. Agreed that at the beginning of the new era, the owners were guns blazing with new recruits. Then they came up with performance-based remunerations, which many of the players did not like. Havertz and Mason especially.

The owners really liked the returns from Reece, not so much from Mason. They offered both of them new contracts in the range 200k -250k/wk. Reece signed his and the club was fine with it. For Mase, his returns, in terms of performance, had dwindled, hence the club withdrew the offer they had on the table. Mase felt slighted. Then Nkunku happened making Mase to feel threatened.

Once he became aware that Man U were interested, he made up his mind to leave.

This is the lowdown. In my opinion, the club is right to withdraw the planned contract at the time. He should have welcomed the challenge to be better, but he decided otherwise, which is fine too.

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Balo, it is an excellent deal for Chelsea (but not such a good one for Man Utd). Getting a direct rival to pay £60 million for a player who you do not want, and who is in the last year of his contract anyway, is the football equivalent of a mugging.

Why on earth did Man Utd not simply wait 5 months and then sign him for free?

balo wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:29 pm
Chelsea is actually very open with regards to Mount. Agreed that at the beginning of the new era, the owners were guns blazing with new recruits. Then they came up with performance-based remunerations, which many of the players did not like. Havertz and Mason especially.

The owners really liked the returns from Reece, not so much from Mason. They offered both of them new contracts in the range 200k -250k/wk. Reece signed his and the club was fine with it. For Mase, his returns, in terms of performance, had dwindled, hence the club withdrew the offer they had on the table. Mase felt slighted. Then Nkunku happened making Mase to feel threatened.

This is the lowdown. In my opinion, the club is right to withdraw the planned contract at the time. He should have welcomed the challenge to be better, but he decided otherwise, which is fine too.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Well, think of the business side of things. Man U aren't stupid. And they saddled him with the #7 shirt. He will sell you loads of merchandise.

wiseone wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:46 pm Balo, it is an excellent deal for Chelsea (but not such a good one for Man Utd). Getting a direct rival to pay £60 million for a player who you do not want, and who is in the last year of his contract anyway, is the football equivalent of a mugging.

Why on earth did Man Utd not simply wait 5 months and then sign him for free?

balo wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:29 pm