Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by wiseone »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/uk.sports. ... 09434.html

Ronaldo stormed off before the end of the game because Man Utd had the temerity to win without him. Also, I wonder if ETH is trying to push Ronaldo out of the door?

As an aside, I heartily congratulate those who have been granted parole, and allowed back into society to continue collecting ASBOs.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:08 am
danfo driver wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:46 pm
wiseone wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:49 pm Oloye - Man Utd currently has a surplus of CMs (despite releasing or selling 5 CMs in the summer!). After shelling out 60 million on a 30yo CM, I cannot see the club sanctioning more sales in that position in the near future. I have been saying for years that Man Utd needs a deep lying, ball playing regista to replace the Michael Carrick and Paul Scholes sized holes 🕳 in their midfield. Eriksen does the ball playing part, but a balding 30yo with a pacemaker, and who nearly died last year, cannot be expected to do the dirty work and also be a workaholic midfield presser and destroyer.

In defence they could have bought Pau Torres (a left footed, tall, and elegant Spanish international CD) but let ETH talk them into abandoning his purchase, to instead buy a 5’7 tall player to play CD in a league full of 6’4 frekazoid physical specimens and in which aerial combat is an art form. They also released the only defender in the squad with electric pace - AND who was the most physical defender at the club.

The decision to sell James Garner (after being a standout star while on loan during Notts Forest’s promotion campaign) was also puzzling. Made even more bizarre by the fact that Garner showed he can hang with EPL competition by standing out during Forest’s FA Cup matches against EPL teams such as Arsenal. Surely the natural progression in a team lacking quality CMs should have been to slowly integrate him into the first team, or send him on loan again to get more experience?

Some head scratching decisions at Man Utd (again!).
you are truly a miserable person. Tufiakwa! :oops:
i just read what he wrote, oh my , the way bobo just abused a person who almost died because of football. As if Ericksen has a say on his heart condition...nah real wah for some people sha..kai
He is a disgusting human being. :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

That 60million for Casemiro that some fans were complaining about is looking like peanuts now.
What's important all times is what the guy brings to the football pitch.

I hope him and the likes of Varane, Eriksen etc stay fit in the long run so that others around them can gain confidence
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:39 am https://www.google.com/amp/s/uk.sports. ... 09434.html

Ronaldo stormed off before the end of the game because Man Utd had the temerity to win without him. Also, I wonder if ETH is trying to push Ronaldo out of the door?

As an aside, I heartily congratulate those who have been granted parole, and allowed back into society to continue collecting ASBOs.
If this is the case, and indeed it does look so, why didn't they just release him during the off season.

The club said he was not for sale, and Ten Hag time and again said he wants Ronaldo to stay and that he is needed.
And now he hardly plays at all, and is not picked to start any of the big games.
Between the club and Ten Hag, they could have saved themselves the trouble before the season even started.

Now it's a messy story that will go on and on until World Cup starts
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

wiseone wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:44 pm 5'9...and your point is?

Cannavaro (one of only 3 defenders to win the Ballon D'or in its 66 year history) is regarded as an all time great - precisely because he was an utter outlier and defied the laws of the game by being that rarest of things: a CD under 6 feet tall. Cannavaro HAD to be utterly brilliant at everything else: lightning quick, a relentless man marker, aggressive tackler, ferocious competitor, and have cerebral positioning - all in order to compensate for his lack of size. Let us look at his peers and the other CDs he played with: Nesta, Maldini, Costacurta, Materazzi, Ferrara, Lucio, Walter Samuel, Blanc, Thuram, Desailly, Vidic, Ferdinand, Terry...all of them were strapping 6-6'5 monsters. Do you think it is a coincidence that no team has won the EPL, World Cup, or the Champions League with a 5'7 CD?

Or are you suggesting that Lisandro Martinez is the second coming of Cannavaro?

The fact that you brought Xavi and Iniesta (two midfield playmakers) into a discussion about CDs - is not a good sign.

Oh, and his name is "Fabio Cannavaro" (two "n"s). You are also right - “hight” is overrated.
bamenda boy wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:30 pm How tall was Canavaro? This thing is all about talent. Hight if over rated. Good players know where she when to anticipate the ball. If it were left to some, the likes of Xavi and Iniesta would never saw playing time because they were short. Ironically, our short defender has already won player of the month. I beg make wuna chill with this height thing. Na Sabi dey play ball.
Quick question for you. How tall was Franco Baresi? You know who he was, right?

Wha choo looking at?!
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Benteke - I read that the Glazers vetoed Ronaldo's sale (they are very impressed with his commercial impact and effect on the club’s media metrics).

This could be a case of ETH being quite happy for Ronaldo to leave, the Glazers overruling him, but then ETH using his power to pick the team to get his own way. This may actually be a sly bit of chicanery by ETH. He can innocently claim that he did not sell a club legend against the owner's wishes, but then let Ronaldo get so frustrated at not being picked that he will force a move of his own accord.

Then ETH can tell the media "He chose to leave."
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:24 am Benteke - I read that the Glazers vetoed Ronaldo's sale (they are very impressed with his commercial impact and effect on the club’s media metrics).

This could be a case of ETH being quite happy for Ronaldo to leave, the Glazers overruling him, but then ETH using his power to pick the team to get his own way. This may actually be a sly bit of chicanery by ETH. He can innocently claim that he did not sell a club legend against the owner's wishes, but then let Ronaldo get so frustrated at not being picked that he will force a move of his own accord.

Then ETH can tell the media "He chose to leave."
Well, people can now blame Ronaldo for walking out during a game.

But he wanted to leave during the summer, and the club refused to let him do so.
There is a World Cup soon, possibly his last, and now he is not playing any club football, after the manager publicly promised that he is part of his project.

Manchester United have handled this badly.
And Ronaldo is reacting real bad :biggrin:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Benteke, Ronaldo started 3 of Man Utd's previous 4 games prior to the Spurs game (and played 61 minutes of the 4th game he did not start). A player pushing 40yo cannot really complain about lack of game time in a team where he starts 3 out of 4 games.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

In order:

1) 5'9
2) Yes I "know" him (in the sense that even though I have never met Mr Baresi, I am very familiar with his career). World class player in his prime - captain of AC Mlian and Italy.
Scipio Africanus wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:39 am
Quick question for you. How tall was Franco Baresi? You know who he was, right?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Meanwhile, in the great Igwe vs Oga Ronnie debate, the former’s casually spraying slide rules in the farm with the nonchalance of the rooster with the key to the hen coup and the latter? Leading role in the hit reality show, ‘Keeping up with Ronaldashians’. Diva. Struggling to bench Rashford. Ten kings, ten eras indeed.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Oh dang...looks like ETH has put his foot down and dropped Ronaldo from the squad. 😳

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Hilarious.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

This thing is getting more serious. The Athletic is reporting that Ten Hag has banished Ronaldo from first team training and ordered him to train alone. The Athletic also claims that Ronaldo refused to come on as sub.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

wiseone wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:57 pm Oh dang...looks like ETH has put his foot down and dropped Ronaldo from the squad. 😳

Obviously Ten Hag doesn't know a thing about football to bench Ronaldo. Now he wants to humiliate him. He doesn't have the temprament to handle the calibre of player he is and is desperate. How I miss Solskjaer right now....
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

wiseone wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:25 pm Benteke, Ronaldo started 3 of Man Utd's previous 4 games prior to the Spurs game (and played 61 minutes of the 4th game he did not start). A player pushing 40yo cannot really complain about lack of game time in a team where he starts 3 out of 4 games.
He wasn't a youngster last season and was pushing 40 too. We have a hustler freaking out after every bad game instead of a steady hand. So freaked out, he won't even discuss contract renewals, just desperate to a win a game, ordinary premier league game at that. Someone needs to hose that guy down on Ronaldo's behalf.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

This is Ten Haag's chance to be "Arteta." When I watched Arsenal's all or nothing and aw how Arteta manhandled Aubameyang, I immediately knew that Arteta will be successful! if Ten Haag wants to be successful this season and thereafter, this is his chanbge to manhandle and deal with Ronaldo! Teach him a very painful lesson and every player in the squad will fear you!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

felarey wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:56 pm
wiseone wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:57 pm Oh dang...looks like ETH has put his foot down and dropped Ronaldo from the squad. 😳

Obviously Ten Hag doesn't know a thing about football to bench Ronaldo. Now he wants to humiliate him. He doesn't have the temprament to handle the calibre of player he is and is desperate. How I miss Solskjaer right now....
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Thats what they said about Arteta. When your boy, Ronaldo, was twerking this summer and humiliating the club, he thought Ten Haag is someone you can toy with. He will learn! The club better back Ten Haag like Arsenal backed Arteta and you will see the fantastic success the club will attain.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:56 pm This is Ten Haag's chance to be "Arteta." When I watched Arsenal's all or nothing and aw how Arteta manhandled Aubameyang, I immediately knew that Arteta will be successful! if Ten Haag wants to be successful this season and thereafter, this is his chanbge to manhandle and deal with Ronaldo! Teach him a very painful lesson and every player in the squad will fear you!
:roll: If that is his mentality, then he needs to pick up a village headmaster job somewhere. This is not an Aubameyang situation. He may be the manager, but he doesn't have the mandate to do what he wants with Cristiano Ronaldo at Man Utd. I hope the Stretford end humiliates him with Viva Ronaldo! For 90 mins against Chelsea.

felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:01 pm
felarey wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:56 pm

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Thats what they said about Arteta. When your boy, Ronaldo, was twerking this summer and humiliating the club, he thought Ten Haag is someone you can toy with. He will learn! The club better back Ten Haag like Arsenal backed Arteta and you will see the fantastic success the club will attain.
That peanut head is freaking out everytime he doesn't win a game and taking it out on Ronaldo. A player with a burning desire to be unleashed on every opposition for United. A player with easy 40 goals/season in him. Neither Arteta nor Te Hag have won a thing for their current club. United should not stand for this nonsense.

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

wiseone wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:53 pm
Here we go! We have a junior manager with a small club mentality SMH... I bet if the truth is investigated, there's more to this "he refused to come on" scenario. He humiliated him by barring him from the team against Chelsea now he just wants to destroy him blabbing to the press with more juicy details to be released :roll: . "It is important for the attitude and mentality of the group my arse.....small club thinking and mentality. Does he realize the mental advantage he just gave Chelsea knowing Ronaldo is not coming? I guess when you're thoroughly outcoached by Thomas Frank :roll: you feel and look very small, so he's gotta take it out on Ronaldo. Even Sir Alex looked the other way back then when he didn't see Ronaldo on the bus.

Cristiano was arguably the best player in the premier league last season, he's a 40 goals/season player that has proved himself every year he's played football without fail. Now this freak show subjects him to excessive benching, allowing returnees from injury to bench him when he's a player that will stroll into the starting lineup of any team on the planet. Ronaldo is fit as a fiddle and we hear he's still works hard in training like it's his first rodeo. Did we just hire a Ronaldo hater for the top job? I hope not :roll: . Bet he'd happily be Messi's doormat. Overmars needs to call his boy to order. Man to man, eye to eye, go talk to Cristiano, hear him out, square with him and lets get the season rolling.

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:53 pm
I don't know why these guys decided to keep Ronaldo when it was being reported that he wanted a move away.

Manchester United make some odd decisions sometimes.
Even the idea of bringing back a 36yr old Ronaldo for sentimental reasons
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

felarey wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:03 pm
danfo driver wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:56 pm This is Ten Haag's chance to be "Arteta." When I watched Arsenal's all or nothing and aw how Arteta manhandled Aubameyang, I immediately knew that Arteta will be successful! if Ten Haag wants to be successful this season and thereafter, this is his chanbge to manhandle and deal with Ronaldo! Teach him a very painful lesson and every player in the squad will fear you!
:roll: If that is his mentality, then he needs to pick up a village headmaster job somewhere. This is not an Aubameyang situation. He may be the manager, but he doesn't have the mandate to do what he wants with Cristiano Ronaldo at Man Utd. I hope the Stretford end humiliates him with Viva Ronaldo! For 90 mins against Chelsea.
The board/management backs him 100%! Therefore, he has the MANDATE!

In January, he will exit Ronaldo and that will be it. The stretford end can continue to humiliate their own manager, as much as they like, while he gets them back into CL and win trophies for them!