Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by danfo driver »

benteke wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:52 pm
wiseone wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:53 pm
I don't know why these guys decided to keep Ronaldo when it was being reported that he wanted a move away.

Manchester United make some odd decisions sometimes.
Even the idea of bringing back a 36yr old Ronaldo for sentimental reasons
Bro, its not a case of "decided to keep him." The only clubs that wanted Ronaldo wanted United to pay upwards of half of his wages! :rotf: :rotf: WTFF!!!?? what do you think this is?? I sane person who runs a business will take that loss and explain it to the shareholders with a straight face. if you want ROnaldo, take his wages as well.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

I don't know why these guys decided to keep Ronaldo when it was being reported that he wanted a move away.

Did you mean sentimental reasons like bringing a player for 14 goals in 20 games? Odd decision to get Ronaldo? Are you serious?!! Don't believe what you read in the press, he's where he wants to be.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:49 pm
felarey wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:03 pm
danfo driver wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:56 pm This is Ten Haag's chance to be "Arteta." When I watched Arsenal's all or nothing and aw how Arteta manhandled Aubameyang, I immediately knew that Arteta will be successful! if Ten Haag wants to be successful this season and thereafter, this is his chanbge to manhandle and deal with Ronaldo! Teach him a very painful lesson and every player in the squad will fear you!
:roll: If that is his mentality, then he needs to pick up a village headmaster job somewhere. This is not an Aubameyang situation. He may be the manager, but he doesn't have the mandate to do what he wants with Cristiano Ronaldo at Man Utd. I hope the Stretford end humiliates him with Viva Ronaldo! For 90 mins against Chelsea.
The board/management backs him 100%! Therefore, he has the MANDATE!

In January, he will exit Ronaldo and that will be it. The stretford end can continue to humiliate their own manager, as much as they like, while he gets them back into CL and win trophies for them!
He will soon know the difference between paper and the red blooded mandate. He won't get away with this much longer. Back into CL :lol: Where will the goals come from? How many will Ten Hag score for Man Utd? With his dodgy 'goal for me, goal for you' tactics. We shouldn't condone small club, low mentality.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:51 pm

Bro, its not a case of "decided to keep him." The only clubs that wanted Ronaldo wanted United to pay upwards of half of his wages! :rotf: :rotf: WTFF!!!?? what do you think this is?? I sane person who runs a business will take that loss and explain it to the shareholders with a straight face. if you want ROnaldo, take his wages as well.

There lies the problem.
They kept a wantaway player because they were more worried about money.
But this is causing the club more problems than money.
And in January what are they going to do, release him and loss on the investment, and then have to save face for all the drama that will go on till January.
A very Glazer approach to things :biggrin:
Anyway we watch and learn
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Ronaldo should actually consider himself lucky that his punishment was "only" being dropped and made to train alone. Remember when Tevez refused to come on as a sub against Bayern while playing for Man City? Roberto Mancini fined him £500,000 (a lot of money back in 2011) and refused to pick him for the next 6 months.

Would Ronaldo have dared to refuse coming on as a sub if SAF ordered him to do so?
Last edited by wiseone on Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

SMH....at all you guys queuing up to attack Ronaldo. When has Ronaldo's commitment and productivity ever been in question? I guess he's property so if he didn't play, he should be destroyed. It's like you guys don't know what work place bullying is like. Someone even said he should be manhandled. :lol: We only know he didn't play from Ten Hag and have only heard from Ten Hag. Ten Hag is the only one doing all of the talking.
Then there's these comparisons with Pierre '3 clubs in 2 yrs' Aubameyang and Carlos 'dancing flamenco in Argentina during the season' Tevez who handed in a transfer request. Ronaldo has not handed in a transfer request and he knows what to do if he wants to leave. We only know what Ten Hag has said about him to the press.

How many times and how many pre-seasons did we hear Ronaldo was leaving the first time around as a Man Utd player under Sir Alex??? Yet he was banging in goals and winning games for Utd every single minute. You guys have forgotten so soon...

felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

wiseone wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:09 pm Ronaldo should actually consider himself lucky that his punishment was "only" being dropped and made to train alone. Remember when Tevez used to come on as a sub against Bayern while playing for Man City? Roberto Mancini fined him £500,000 (a lot of money back in 2011) and refused to pick him for the next 6 months.

Would Ronaldo have dared to refuse coming on as a sub if SAF ordered him to do so?
Sir Alex would have never put himself in such a position and if someone told Sir Alex that, you wouldn't hear about it especially from the press. He's a real football man, a man mountain that knows where his bread is buttered. The choice right now is really simple, Cristiano Ronaldo or Ten Hag? Is that even a question?

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

On this, we love and support our Ronaldo but above all we support our manager. Ten Hag is here to stay :mrgreen:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

felarey wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:10 pm SMH....at all you guys queuing up to attack Ronaldo. When has Ronaldo's commitment and productivity ever been in question? I guess he's property so if he didn't play, he should be destroyed. It's like you guys don't know what work place bullying is like. Someone even said he should be manhandled. :lol: We only know he didn't play from Ten Hag and have only heard from Ten Hag. Ten Hag is the only one doing all of the talking.
Then there's these comparisons with Pierre '3 clubs in 2 yrs' Aubameyang and Carlos 'dancing flamenco in Argentina during the season' Tevez who handed in a transfer request. Ronaldo has not handed in a transfer request and he knows what to do if he wants to leave. We only know what Ten Hag has said about him to the press.

How many times and how many pre-seasons did we hear Ronaldo was leaving the first time around as a Man Utd player under Sir Alex??? Yet he was banging in goals and winning games for Utd every single minute. You guys have forgotten so soon...

As for me chief, i am always on the side of Ronaldo.
He is a guy who divides opinion.
But i always remember that this is the last proper world class player that United had.

When it was confirmed he was coming back last season, it was exciting news but deep inside i was always wondering if it would work out and how soon petulant United fans would start turning on him.
And it wasn't long before everyone was saying he was the biggest problem that was making United lose games and so forth, i was always defending Ronaldo, its rather sad how things have turned out for him on his Manchester United comeback.

Even when he was the 3rd highest scorer in the league last season, many United fans brushed that aside and said he makes the team worse.
I think he is also aware of such sentiments, that's why i thought its true he may have wanted to leave.

But just before the season started, Ronaldo was promising to do an interview revealing everything.
I wonder what he wanted to reveal.
But January is not too far, he may still tell all.

Anyway all said and done, it's a sad ending to a great career, and sadly it has all happened at Manchester United :biggrin:
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

United are treating a legend wrongly. The blockhead Ten Hag seems to be enjoying this little power he has. It's an insult to tell one of the greatest ever players to train with the U21s.
United can handle everything privately but it seems Ten Hag wants to hug the limelight!
I am happy
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...indiscipline, that's why all successive coaches after Sir Alex failed.
Ronaldo, with all his brilliance on the pitch, will not do what he did walking away before the end of a match if Ferguson is the coach.
This current coach recognized that. See how he has benched England's own, McGuire, what many of his predecessors did know how to do.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

After the Man City game Ten Hag said he didn't bring Ronaldo on out of respect of his big career.
Unless his English let him down and he actually meant to say something else, it was odd.

And Roy Keane correctly observed that Ten Hag won't be playing Ronaldo and it will only get uglier as the season goes on.
He was damn right.

Looks like Ten Hag at the start of the season failed to communicate clearly to Ronaldo that he won't be starting a lot of games.
He wasn't honest and made it seem like Ronaldo would be an important part and a regular starter.

Some wise managers make that very clear and an agreement is reached to allow a player to go and find regular football elsewhere.

And Ten Hag still maintains that he expects Ronaldo to stay for the rest of the season and remains an important part of the squad :biggrin:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Alternate history: imagine if Man Utd had not signed Ronaldo last season. He would have joined Man City instead, and with him in the squad, City would not have signed Haaland this season. Meaning that Man Utd would have had a striker vacancy this season and able to resume their pursuit of Haaland. Had Man Utd not been so impulsive last season, Haaland would probably be at Man Utd and Ronaldo would be at City causing instability, and giving Pep the headaches that Man Utd is currently experiencing.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

In the end, we will find out who is right.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dammy wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:26 am United are treating a legend wrongly. The blockhead Ten Hag seems to be enjoying this little power he has. It's an insult to tell one of the greatest ever players to train with the U21s.
United can handle everything privately but it seems Ten Hag wants to hug the limelight!

This right here is the reason Nigeria is in the dustbin and the likes of Buhari is president and Atiku/Tinubu have a chance.

Nigerians love famous big men! They will bend the rules for them and even spread their legs for them. Doesnt matter what the big men do, or what they have stolen or whether the big men insult the 200m Nigerians by walking out of Nigerians, Nigerians will carry them aloft and love them. And demand that their behavior has zero consequences. I have said it and will say it again, Nigeria cannot succeed because MOST Nigerians are very very bad people. tufiakwa! :oops: :oops:

Ten Haag wasnt to hug limelight, but its your big man who walked out on his team when the camera was on him and has been posting on instagram since then. Tufia! I spit on your shoes! Who cursed us? :oops: :oops:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

benteke wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:49 am After the Man City game Ten Hag said he didn't bring Ronaldo on out of respect of his big career.
Unless his English let him down and he actually meant to say something else, it was odd.

And Roy Keane correctly observed that Ten Hag won't be playing Ronaldo and it will only get uglier as the season goes on.
He was damn right.

Looks like Ten Hag at the start of the season failed to communicate clearly to Ronaldo that he won't be starting a lot of games.
He wasn't honest and made it seem like Ronaldo would be an important part and a regular starter.

Some wise managers make that very clear and an agreement is reached to allow a player to go and find regular football elsewhere.

And Ten Hag still maintains that he expects Ronaldo to stay for the rest of the season and remains an important part of the squad :biggrin:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You guys deserve all the pain you have experienced since Sir Alex left. Tufiakwa!
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:56 pm
benteke wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:49 am After the Man City game Ten Hag said he didn't bring Ronaldo on out of respect of his big career.

He was damn right.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You guys deserve all the pain you have experienced since Sir Alex left. Tufiakwa!
I swear, e shock me too :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Ten Hag handled this perfectly well in my opinion. A fallen giant lumbering aimlessly in self-inflicted wilderness is clearly getting stabilized by an 'unknown' who surely knows his onions yet people are supporting prima donna acts that may impact the team's currently fragile mental strength.

United finally got the perfect managerial match and then our C Ron chose that exact period to start making it about him. You can do that with a solid, compact unit not a battered team in tatters. United that Ten Hag inherited is not Real Madrid and not Juve. The only thing Manchester United about the team was the jersey.

Now, anyone that knows a bit about football can see that the storm is over but will take time to steady. Yes, C Ronaldo may have a case on 'non-football' decisions and agreements but Ten Hag is responsible for what happens on matchday. He is doing a great job.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Unopposed oestrogen. #Diva.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:55 pm
Dammy wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:26 am United are treating a legend wrongly. The blockhead Ten Hag seems to be enjoying this little power he has. It's an insult to tell one of the greatest ever players to train with the U21s.

This right here is the reason Nigeria is in the dustbin and the likes of Buhari is president and Atiku/Tinubu have a chance.

Nigerians love famous big men! They will bend the rules for them and even spread their legs for them. Doesnt matter what the big men do, or what they have stolen or whether the big men insult the 200m Nigerians by walking out of Nigerians, Nigerians will carry them aloft and love them. And demand that their behavior has zero consequences. I have said it and will say it again, Nigeria cannot succeed because MOST Nigerians are very very bad people. tufiakwa! :oops: :oops:

Ten Haag wasnt to hug limelight, but its your big man who walked out on his team when the camera was on him and has been posting on instagram since then. Tufia! I spit on your shoes! Who cursed us? :oops: :oops:
:agree: :clap: :clap: well said
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

wiseone wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:27 pm Alternate history: imagine if Man Utd had not signed Ronaldo last season. He would have joined Man City instead, and with him in the squad, City would not have signed Haaland this season. Meaning that Man Utd would have had a striker vacancy this season and able to resume their pursuit of Haaland. Had Man Utd not been so impulsive last season, Haaland would probably be at Man Utd and Ronaldo would be at City causing instability, and giving Pep the headaches that Man Utd is currently experiencing.
You think Pep is that stupid to sign Ronaldo and allow himdo as he feel?
Pepwill not e ven play him if he try that ever again.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

ManU dominating Chelsea. Coach pulls Kukuruku for Kovacic and a change in formation. Time will tell if that helps.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

United need to make their domination count .A draw is good for beloved alsoas long as chelsea do not win.
A draw and a new castle win tomorrow take them to top 4th.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...what-a-match :clap: