Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by danfo driver »

benteke wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:33 am
danfo driver wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:57 pm
benteke wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:32 pm
danfo driver wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:01 pm
joplass wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:16 pm CR7 just saved United by speaking out. He exposed the owner(s) and the entire management.
Stop saying silly things.The plans for this sale-announcement was handled several weeks ago, before the interview between ronaldo and piers.
Danfo i have to admit i also almost posted the same thing, i wanted to say the timing of this announcement makes me wonder, its exactly on the same day as the news that Ronaldo is leaving.

I am also mindfull that the Ronaldo interview was actually done a while ago, and I'm sure the club must have suspected that big things will ve said.

Anyway you seem very close to these proceedings behind the scenes, are you part of Jim Ratcliffe's consortium, because i see news that he is putting in a bid.
I am part of the Cybereagles Consortium. :D

Re: the announcement + Ronaldo. You know what the Glazers have been through over the last few years? Fans left the team to go form another club, fans have burned them in effigy, fans have flown planes above the stadium in protest, fans have matched against them, fans have insulted them to their faces..etc etc.. and they didnt sell. Its Ronaldo that will make them sell? :lol: lets be real my brother.

My GUESS is this. Like all seasoned investors, the Glazers' investment is ripe for an exit. Most investors (ignore Oligarchs) have an exit strategy placed in the timeline for their investment. They dont hold investments forever. United, like Liverpool is to FSG, is an investment to Glazers. They have zero emotion towards the club. Any investor who tells you that is lying -- its all about the money. So my guess is that the Glazers have come to the end of their investment cycle in United and its time for them to cash out!

And what an outrageously fantastic business it was from them! These guys did an LBO - they pretty much used United to buy United. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: They didnt spend a lick of their own money, yet, they are going to exit at 7 Billion pounds????!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: Kaii! After the exit, they need to hold a masterclass at Harvard this winter on this! :lol:
Not only that, overnight in that capitalist vulture move United was suddenly saddled with that debt created by that move, and the Glazers exit nicely and leave that debt of around £700million standing.
That makes many United die hard fans' blood boil :laugh:

Or maybe im mistaken, will there be any deal to sort out that debt during this new buyout/sale
I guess it depends on the transaction. The purchaser could do both a primary (invest into United in exchange of an issuance shares) and a secondary (purchase shares directly from the Glazers). Or they could insist, as part of the transaction that the Galzers use part of the money to pay off the debt, before the new shareholders take over, or another way I have seen it done, the buyer deducts the amount of the debt from the purchase price and pay the debt off after purchasing the shares.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

In dire need of a DM, how on earth did Man Utd’s scouting department not notice Sofyan Amrabat? He is like a Moroccan reincarnation of “Three Lungs 🫁 Park”. A relentless workaholic DM. Just what Man Utd needed. Instead they ignored him and tried to sign toxic Rabiot, and bought 30yo heading to the end of his career Casemiro.
Last edited by wiseone on Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:56 pm In dire need of a DM, how on earth did Man Utd’s scouting department not notice Sofyan Amrabat? He is like Moroccan reincarnation of “Three Lungs 🫁 Park”. A relentless workaholic DM. Just what Man Utd needed. Instead they ignored him and tried to sign toxic Rabiot and 30yo heading to the end of his career Casemiro.
Wasup Wiseone.
I am assuming you are still not convinced with Casemiro :laugh:

Anyway am sure Casemiro is not the last midfield signing, i hope not.

Whats the latest on the new buyer
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Benteke- I am not anti-Casemiro. I think he is a good player - but was bought at the wrong time. Man Utd has a long and glorious track record of "Good player but wrong timing" signings such as Ronaldo, Di Maria, Sanchez, Schweinsteiger, Falcao, Valdes, Mata etc.

Building a squad around 37yo Ronaldo and 30yo Casemiro does not sound like long term planning.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Rangnick may not have been the right person to manage a football team in 2022, but the man had an eye for talent. Apart from the players I mentioned below, he also recommended

wiseone wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:46 am Remember when Rangnick said that Man Utd needed to strengthen every single outfield position, that GK was the only position where they did not need new players, and that the club needed 10 new players?

He also recommended that the club should buy Haaland (whose release clause had been activated), and three RB Leipzig players: Nkunku, Conrad Laimer, and Gvardiol.

The club ignored his recommendations and is instead pursuing the strategy of trying to sign every player that has played for ETH before (even stretching it with Arnautovic who played for ETH and McLaren at FC Twente).

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... s-24706667
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Rangnick may not have been the right person to manage a football team in 2022, but the man had an eye for talent. Apart from the players I mentioned below, he also recommended Julian Alvarez (who is now tearing things up with Argentina and Man City). Man Utd did not buy a single player he recommended. All of them have proved themselves to be excellent players.

Is Man Utd on a mission to retrospectively prove him right?

wiseone wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:46 am Remember when Rangnick said that Man Utd needed to strengthen every single outfield position, that GK was the only position where they did not need new players, and that the club needed 10 new players?

He also recommended that the club should buy Haaland (whose release clause had been activated), and three RB Leipzig players: Nkunku, Conrad Laimer, and Gvardiol.

The club ignored his recommendations and is instead pursuing the strategy of trying to sign every player that has played for ETH before (even stretching it with Arnautovic who played for ETH and McLaren at FC Twente).

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... s-24706667
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

The story about PSG trying to sign Rashford was true after all.

PSG reveal interest in signing ‘amazing’ Marcus Rashford for next season
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... SApp_Other
wiseone wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:07 am Apparently PSG spoke to Rashford's representatives about a transfer.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/uk.news.ya ... 51385.html
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

For those who say size is irrelevant for a CD, Wout Weghorst's headed goal for Holland 🇳🇱 v Argentina 🇦🇷 says hi. As soon as 6'6 tall Weghorst and 6'2 tall Luuk De Jong came on, they immediately placed themselves next to Lisandro Martinez, and bullied him in the air. There was a reason why they targeted him in particular.

Lisandro is a good player, but he is better at LB or DM.

Size matters.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Things are working out well for Ten Hag so far, the Ronaldo problem is gone, and he is just managing his boys.

Still a long way to go, United looks shaky at times but that's football, hopefully he gets the support he needs to make things good.

@Wiseone how are you liking some Casemiro in midfield value for money :biggrin:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

benteke wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:43 pm Things are working out well for Ten Hag so far, the Ronaldo problem is gone, and he is just managing his boys.

Still a long way to go, United looks shaky at times but that's football, hopefully he gets the support he needs to make things good.

:lol: :lol: :lol: You wicked o! :D Dont worry, they will respond to you after the next bad game.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:46 pm When Arteta let go of an over-the-hill Aubameyang and every one was insulting him. I watched the Arsenal documentary and when I saw the full picture, I made a bold prediction that Arteta will be successful.

Today, although Ten Hag waited a bit too long (should have gotten rid of Ronaldo earlier), I am making another bold prediction that he will be successful.

Trust me, when a coach does not take nonsense and sets the tone, everyone will fall the phack in line! They will know who is boss and those who are left will line up, shape up and kowtow to the boss!
United fans, remember when I said this ^^^

You are now in 4th position. small small
Last edited by danfo driver on Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Once you cut the head of a python in from of the others, with your bare hands! Show them who the boss is, they will all fall in line! Arteta did it to Auba and is getting the benefits. Ten Hag same thing.

You read this thread and you realize the indiscipline people tolerate, the bogmanism people will tolerate and thats why Nigeria is where it is today.

Discipline breeds success! This is tried and tested!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Arteta and Ten Hag :clap: :clap:

But some Nigerians are too afraid of "big men!" Oh! lets not hurt their feelings. Oh, you have to bend over and accept fooking from them. Oh! lets rub their belly so they can be happy. Oh! oh! oh! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:43 pm Once you cut the head of a python in from of the others, with your bare hands! Show them who the boss is, they will all fall in line! Arteta did it to Auba and is getting the benefits. Ten Hag same thing.

You read this thread and you realize the indiscipline people tolerate, the bogmanism people will tolerate and thats why Nigeria is where it is today.

Spot on!
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

YemiBrazil wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:43 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:43 pm Once you cut the head of a python in from of the others, with your bare hands! Show them who the boss is, they will all fall in line! Arteta did it to Auba and is getting the benefits. Ten Hag same thing.

Spot on!
...says the fella wey dey promote naija bigmanism, oya pick and choose :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

mcal wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:26 pm
YemiBrazil wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:43 pm

Spot on!
...says the fella wey dey promote naija bigmanism, oya pick and choose :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Oya show evidence :mrgreen:

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I have never said that Casemiro is not a good player. My reservation has always been that he was the right player at the wrong time (ie. paying 60 million for a defensive player aged over 30 does not suggest long term planning). Paying 60 million for him 5 years ago would have great business.

Although it is early days, the jury is still out on Antony. I am yet to see what justified paying 85 million for him (unless he is trying to lull opponents into a false sense of security by hiding some of his best work).
benteke wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:43 pm
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

YemiBrazil wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:40 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:56 pm
benteke wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:49 am After the Man City game Ten Hag said he didn't bring Ronaldo on out of respect of his big career.
Unless his English let him down and he actually meant to say something else, it was odd.

And Roy Keane correctly observed that Ten Hag won't be playing Ronaldo and it will only get uglier as the season goes on.
He was damn right.

Looks like Ten Hag at the start of the season failed to communicate clearly to Ronaldo that he won't be starting a lot of games.
He wasn't honest and made it seem like Ronaldo would be an important part and a regular starter.

Some wise managers make that very clear and an agreement is reached to allow a player to go and find regular football elsewhere.

And Ten Hag still maintains that he expects Ronaldo to stay for the rest of the season and remains an important part of the squad :biggrin:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You guys deserve all the pain you have experienced since Sir Alex left. Tufiakwa!
I swear, e shock me too :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Ten Hag handled this perfectly well in my opinion. A fallen giant lumbering aimlessly in self-inflicted wilderness is clearly getting stabilized by an 'unknown' who surely knows his onions yet people are supporting prima donna acts that may impact the team's currently fragile mental strength.

United finally got the perfect managerial match and then our C Ron chose that exact period to start making it about him. You can do that with a solid, compact unit not a battered team in tatters. United that Ten Hag inherited is not Real Madrid and not Juve. The only thing Manchester United about the team was the jersey.

Now, anyone that knows a bit about football can see that the storm is over but will take time to steady. Yes, C Ronaldo may have a case on 'non-football' decisions and agreements but Ten Hag is responsible for what happens on matchday. He is doing a great job.
Mcal, read and comprehend.
No more room for prima donna acts at Utd :mrgreen:

What I disagree with is your village mentality that anyone eating more than one piece of meat is a thief :lol:

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

…as I was saying…
wiseone wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:47 am Mcal - I am surprised that a player as obsessed with records and his legacy as much as Ronaldo, did not take a shed-load of cash to play in China 🇨🇳, Saudi Arabia 🇸🇦, or the MLS in 🇺🇸. He could comfortably “pad” his record with an extra 100 goals in 2 seasons playing in those leagues and make sure that no is likely to surpass his goal scoring record for a few hundred years.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Amad Diallo has been having a good spell on loan at Sunderland.

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Newcastle have prematurely recalled Martin Dubravka from his loan spell at Man Utd. Dubravka should never have been at Man Utd to begin with as he is not a better GK than Tom Heaton (and England international). I am not sure why Man Utd keeps on signing GKs - given that GK is the strongest position in the squad and in the past decade the club has had De Gea, Henderson, Victor Valdes, Romero, Heaton, Ben Foster, and Sam Johnstone. All 7 of them are internationals, one has won the World Cup and the Champions League, another has played in a World Cup final, and another has won the Premier League and Europa League.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

How many full games have you watched him play for Sunderland in Div 2?
wiseone wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:13 pm Amad Diallo has been having a good spell on loan at Sunderland.