Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by danfo driver »

Kabalega wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:12 am Perisic is a decent player.

ManU's priority should be moving out certain players and let the new coach bring in their players.
That is not the point. You want to compete with City, Liverpool and Chelsea and you want to lure a 33 year old?? :rotf: :rotf:
Are you kidding me?... scratch that! Even if you wanted to compete with West Ham, Arsenal and Spurs ... you think a 33 year old retiree is the approach to take in building your team for the future? :rotf: :rotf:

A player performing in a dead league like Serie A, where Lukaku was on fire and Olivier Giroud and 50 year old, Ibra, are on fire is not who an Man United should be banking on to save their future.

Please stop it! :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

benteke wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:59 am

ManU's priority should be moving out certain players and let the new coach bring in their players.
There was a season or transfer window when Mourinho was so intent on getting Perisic that he was even prepared for the board to sell Antony Martial to fund the transfer.

Manchester United fans thought Jose was crazy for trying to get rid of a 'promising club prosoect'. Most thought it better that the club sack Mourinho and keep Martial.
Interestingly the United board also thought the same and that's when it became clear that the board is siding with the players instead of the manager and that's when Jose started losing the dressing room and everything from then went downhill.

Now some seasons later the new manager has sent Martial on loan.

The new manager Ralf Rang nick at first seemed like an honest man who tells it as it is, but his loyalty to keeping Maguire as captain and starter every game must leave a lot of people baffled, including players.
Maybe he has been instructed to keep playing him so as to preserve his value, who knows
Well, Ralf said he wanted Martial to stay but the probably guy wants more playing time to go to the World Cup.
Maguire is the least of Ralf's problems. There are systemic problems to deal with. Let the new manager deal with Maguire.

ManU should not buy any player without the consent of the new manager.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:22 pm

That is not the point. You want to compete with City, Liverpool and Chelsea and you want to lure a 33 year old?? :rotf: :rotf:
Are you kidding me?... scratch that! Even if you wanted to compete with West Ham, Arsenal and Spurs ... you think a 33 year old retiree is the approach to take in building your team for the future? :rotf: :rotf:

A player performing in a dead league like Serie A, where Lukaku was on fire and Olivier Giroud and 50 year old, Ibra, are on fire is not who an Man United should be banking on to save their future.

Watching the City vs Liverpool game and seeing how hard all those players work to win back the ball, it just reminded me how poor United players are in that department.

I used to think Liverpool is the best team in England at what they term gegenpressing, but i noticed that the way City wins back the ball is insane, even against a good team like Liverpool.
Hugely talented squad of players who work their socks of for each other and follow their managers instructions diligently.

United players are said to be talented but that's just about it.
Maybe when a manager is appointed and everyone is clear that he is the boss, then something can change.

Now i remember why Ole lost 5-0 to Liverpool, he tried to play like City, with that bunch of lazy players :biggrin:
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

benteke wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:19 am
danfo driver wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:22 pm

Watching the City vs Liverpool game and seeing how hard all those players work to win back the ball, it just reminded me how poor United players are in that department.

I used to think Liverpool is the best team in England at what they term gegenpressing, but i noticed that the way City wins back the ball is insane, even against a good team like Liverpool.
Hugely talented squad of players who work their socks of for each other and follow their managers instructions diligently.

United players are said to be talented but that's just about it.
Maybe when a manager is appointed and everyone is clear that he is the boss, then something can change.

Now i remember why Ole lost 5-0 to Liverpool, he tried to play like City, with that bunch of lazy players :biggrin:
That's exactly my point.

The managers have been disappointing. These are no paupers, yet they all got mute with some only speaking in parables instead of going ballistic on any player that want to ruin their job. You repeatedly see Maguire displaying Charly Chaplin defensive skills, in a position where a single mistake in 90 minutes is often all that is needed to render your all week preparation useless, but still leads the pack out like mumu the next matchday with the Manager grinning around with hope that today may be a luckier day for them.

What are the managers afraid of? These are high profile managers that will always get a good job, and I seriously doubt they would get fired at Man United if they lay down the marker and go full ballistic mode on these players. They have the advantage, the output of each player's performance could be clearly seen on matchday. Even if your eyes fool you, there are sophisticated devices for capturing even the most irrelevant data on each players contribution on matchday. You have everything needed to prove your point. Easier said than done, as they say, but it's been how many managers now since Sir Alex Ferguson? :mrgreen:

You need a player to get your job done, they dilly-dally then refuse, then go ahead and buy a different one for marketing purpose - you quit! Shikena. Another manager will get fired within the next 2 months and you are always the top contender for sticking the knife on Man United Business FC... or you simply wait it out as a pundit marketing your knowledge :lol:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

The talk of Poch or Ten Hag distracts from the real issue. Mourinho as not exaggerating when he said that finishing 2nd with this Man Utd squad was "my biggest achievement in football". The issue is not the manager; it is the players.

It will be another summer of major squad reconstruction. 6 players are definitely leaving as 5 are out of contract and a 6th (Matic) has decided to leave. The ins/outs should be:

OUT:

Pogba (OOC)
Cavani (OOC)
Lingard (OOC)
Mata (OOC)
Grant (OOC)
Matic
Jones
Maguire
Telles
Pereira
Ronaldo (*unless he accepts that he cannot be every game and will be a squad rotation player)

Those players leaving will get 50 million a year in wages off the books, free up salary for new signings, and cushion the blow of missing out on Champions League money.

IN:

Striker (Nunez or Nkunku)
CD (Torres or Kounde)
CM (Tolisso and Neves)

Bring Garner and Williams back from loan and send Henderson, Chong, Diallo, and Tuanzebe out on loan again.

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Liverpool slicing through its like Ole never left at all
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Why does a respected manager like Ralf sacrifice his reputation by playing Maguire over and over
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

benteke wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:47 pm Why does a respected manager like Ralf sacrifice his reputation by playing Maguire over and over
...because he's England proper. Do y'all in the UK mess with the queen :lol: :lol:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Flogged. Very surprised at the lineup and strategy. Absolutely pathetic. United’s problems are well beyond the panacea Papa Perisic.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Roy Keane raw, acapella, one of the best freestyles since Christopher Wallace’s lazy eyed street corner serenade opened with the infamous “live from Bedford Stuyvesant, the livest one, represent BK to the fullest”.

Hilarious.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Interesting that young Hannibal Mejbri showed more fight and energy in a 15 minute cameo sub appearance than his senior multi-millionaire team-mates.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:54 am Interesting that young Hannibal Mejbri showed more fight and energy in a 15 minute cameo sub appearance than his senior multi-millionaire team-mates.
How is it possible that teams like Norwich, Brighton etc can go to Anfield and show more fight than what we see from this United.

Where will the new manager even start with this kind of squad.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

MARKO, are you still better than PSG??

Rashy! Rashy! Rashy???!!

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

We were told that a manager was holding them back and destroying them! And once that manager was removed, his excellency, Pogba, Martial, Rashy Rashy Rashy, Lukesy Shawsy, and all the world class talent will begin to flex for us and lead the club to the league title! Odiegwu! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

benteke wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:56 am
wiseone wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:54 am Interesting that young Hannibal Mejbri showed more fight and energy in a 15 minute cameo sub appearance than his senior multi-millionaire team-mates.
How is it possible that teams like Norwich, Brighton etc can go to Anfield and show more fight than what we see from this United.

LOL. bro, you actually think United is better than Norwich and Brighton??? :rotf: :rotf: Did you see how Norwich manhandled them last weekend and if not for Ronaldo's brilliance, Norwich, the worst team on the table would have undressed and beaten the day light out of United. :lol:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:07 am
benteke wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:56 am

LOL. bro, you actually think United is better than Norwich and Brighton??? :rotf: :rotf: Did you see how Norwich manhandled them last weekend and if not for Ronaldo's brilliance, Norwich, the worst team on the table would have undressed and beaten the day light out of United. :lol:
:laugh: As funny as it sounds, you actually are very very right.
Generally United is an overrated and overpriced squad of players, that's what gets fans hopes too high.
So poor and unbalanced is that team that at some point many people even believed Cristiano Ronaldo is the problem that was holding these lazy players back. :rotf:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

mcal wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:14 pm
benteke wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:47 pm Why does a respected manager like Ralf sacrifice his reputation by playing Maguire over and over
...because he's England proper. Do y'all in the UK mess with the queen :lol: :lol:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Ten Hag accepts the big task at Old Trafford
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Jasdeep Mudhar: All those egos and prima donnas in the United squad, your slacking days are over. Get ready to be ruffled. Party time is over. Hard grit work starts now.

Source
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I wonder how the Spurs loser, Pochettino, took the news. :lol:
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Some fans take things way too far.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

balo wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:47 pm Some fans take things way too far.
No one deserves such threats just for football

But i am suspicious of this, i understand Man United tend to do PR stunts when things are not going well results wise, like the timing of the announcement of this new manager is to try and lift the mood after a disastrous loss where Maguire again is under big scrutiny.
Anyway just my suspicions :mrgreen:
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

benteke wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:32 pm
balo wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:47 pm Some fans take things way too far.
No one deserves such threats just for football

But i am suspicious of this, i understand Man United tend to do PR stunts when things are not going well results wise, like the timing of the announcement of this new manager is to try and lift the mood after a disastrous loss where Maguire again is under big scrutiny.
Anyway just my suspicions :mrgreen:
Sickening. Some of us need to re-evaluate our mindset towards the game. It's good to be fiercely competitive but not at the expense of our humanity. That solidarity with Cristiano Ronaldo was one hell of a class act by Liverpool fans. I dare not call them Liverfools or Loserpool again :mrgreen:

Benteke, that was my initial thought as well but they dare not try false bomb threat claim.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

YemiBrazil wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:16 pm
Sickening. Some of us need to re-evaluate our mindset towards the game. It's good to be fiercely competitive but not at the expense of our humanity. That solidarity with Cristiano Ronaldo was one hell of a class act by Liverpool fans. I dare not call them Liverfools or Loserpool again :mrgreen:

Benteke, that was my initial thought as well but they dare not try false bomb threat claim.
True man, a false bomb claim would be too far, it must be sickening and terrifying for Harry and his family.
Now what the club must do is give Maguire compassionate leave for as long as possible so that he can recover from this traumatic episode, he is human like all of us.