Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by danfo driver »

I see Tim Sherwood is still as dense in the head as he was when he was an embarrassment as a coach. :lol: Before he went to Spurs and failed woefully, he used to run his mouth in the media. He got the opportunity, failed like a dullard and went into hiding. :rotf: Now he is back.

Amad is in division 2? Let him come to EPL and CL and compete with Antony. :oops: :roll:
wiseone wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:25 am After a right wing drought lasting several years, Man Utd suddenly has many options for that position. Ex Spurs boss Tim Sherwood told Sky Sports that Amad Diallo has played better than Antony this season.

Next season will be interesting as Antony, Sancho, Garnacho, Diallo, Elanga, and Pellestri will by vying for that RW position. Clearly the club cannot have 6 RWs on the books so some of them will have to leave.

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Eriksen out injured until the April-May after that ex Liverpool tree 🌲 Andy Carroll smashed into him during the FA Cup game against Reading last weekend.

He is virtually out for the season.

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

BBC Sports

Christian Eriksen is expected to be out of action for an extended period, says Manchester United Erik ten Hag.

The Denmark midfielder suffered an ankle injury in the FA Cup victory over Reading last Saturday.

While investigations are continuing, initial assessments indicate that Eriksen is likely to be out until late April or early May.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

That unnecessary vicious tackle by Andy Carroll did him.

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

This is why sometimes I feel local cup games should not happen. No reason for a top division player, worth millions to be on the same pitch with the bottom of the earth trash from division 2 and 3 who have zero ability and pump themselves up to play a once in a life time finale!

Absolutely no reason that a player like Eriksen should share the same pitch with a worthless oaf, with zero football ability, whose career is already over, and he is on retirement in div 2.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Man Utd have signed Marcel Sabitzer on loan (to cover for the injured Eriksen and Van de Beek). 👍🏽

McTominay is also injured (although he will not be out until the end of the season like Eriksen and VDB).

Sabitzer is a very good player whose first 11 opportunities have been limited since he left RB Leipzig to join Bayern. Sabitzer is a better player than some of Man Utd’s current midfielders!

Last edited by wiseone on Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Wetin dey do Bayern now? Make dem sell am to us at the end of the season :mrgreen:

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

No buy clause because:

1) Man Utd already has nearly £200 million worth of midfielders in its squad.

2) Man Utd has £0 transfer budget left - after overspending during the summer on the Antony and Casemiro signings.

3) The club still owes several hundred millions in transfer fees for past purchases.

4) The Glazers cannot afford to load more liabilities onto the books while the club is up for sale.
YemiBrazil wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:57 pm Wetin dey do Bayern now? Make dem sell am to us at the end of the season :mrgreen:
Last edited by wiseone on Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

YemiBrazil wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:57 pm Wetin dey do Bayern now? Make dem sell am to us at the end of the season :mrgreen:
:rotf: :rotf: I think they will. It was such a weird transfer when he joined them. Not because he isnt good, but because they didnt need him. They have the players they need.

He is a fantastic player and I'd be shocked if he failed at United.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

wiseone wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:27 pm Man Utd have signed Marcel Sabitzer on loan (to cover for the injured Eriksen and Van de Beek). 👍🏽

He is a very good player whose first 11 opportunities have been limited since he left RB Leipzig to join Bayern. Sabitzer is a better player than some of Man Utd’s current midfielders!

this is a coup signing, dude was fierce in the last Euros for Austria
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

They will but for £75m with £15m in add-ons.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:09 am
:rotf: :rotf: I think they will. It was such a weird transfer when he joined them. Not because he isnt good, but because they didnt need him. They have the players they need.

He is a fantastic player and I'd be shocked if he failed at United.
Yes, he was just a name that you see occasionally and be like that's a good player. After his transfer move, he was totally off my radar as I figured he was always going to remain a reliable and contented Bayern squad player that gets the job done when called upon.

I'm positive that United would be left with no choice than to sign him at the end of the season.

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Cito wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:07 am
They will but for £75m with £15m in add-ons.
:lol: :lol: Well, na Bayern player and he is good, besides EPL na money miss road.

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

The dynamics change rapidly, watch them buy him if they need to at the end of the season (based on his performance) :lol:
We heard more than this about the financial situation before they got Antony and Casemiro after we chopped koboko in the opening two matches of the season.
wiseone wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:54 pm No buy clause because:

1) Man Utd already has nearly £200 million worth of midfielders in its squad.

2) Man Utd has £0 transfer budget left - after overspending during the summer on the Antony and Casemiro signings.

3) The club still owes several hundred millions in transfer fees for past purchases.

4) The Glazers cannot afford to load more liabilities onto the books while the club is up for sale.

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Man Utd's financial position will be precarious unless/until it either starts qualifying for the Champions League regularly again and/or finds a new billionaire benefactor to bankroll the club.

Man Utd's debt increased by £400 million between 2015-2022 and the club still owes about £300 million on past transfers.

Man Utd are also experts at paying ex-employees who no longer work for the club (they had to pay about £60 million in compensation to Moyes, LVG, Mourinho, and Rangnick after sacking them).

Unless the club sells some players to generate cash (or qualifies for the Champions League), we are not likely to see Chelsea type spending in the near future.

YemiBrazil wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:06 pm

The dynamics change rapidly, watch them buy him if they need to at the end of the season (based on his performance) :lol:
We heard more than this about the financial situation before they got Antony and Casemiro after we chopped koboko in the opening two matches of the season.
Last edited by wiseone on Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

wiseone wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:28 pm Man Utd's financial position will be precarious unless/until it either starts qualifying for the Champions League regularly again and/or finds a new billionaire benefactor to bankroll the club.

Man Utd's debt increased by £400 million between 2015-2022 and the club still owes about £300 million on past transfers.

Man Utd are also experts a paying ex-employees who no longer work for the club (they had to pay about £60 million in compensation to Moyes, LVG, Mourinho, and Rangnick after sacking them).

Unless the club sells some players to generate cash (or qualifies for the Champions League), we are not likely to see Chelsea type spending in the near future.

YemiBrazil wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:06 pm

I thought the club is on the market to be sold.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Yep (and I addressed that angle in my last 2 posts). Adding more liabilities onto the finances of a club that already owes over £600 million, is not likely to attract savvy buyers.
Cito wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:49 pm
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

wiseone wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:18 pm Yep (and I addressed that angle in my last 2 posts). Adding more liabilities onto the finances of a club that already owes over £600 million, is not likely to attract savvy buyers.
Cito wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:49 pm
The club being of such size should attract a lot of investors irrespective of liabilities. Chelsea had much more than that when bought.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

ETH took unnecessary risks against Reading and Notts Forest by not rotating the squad. An FA Cup game against a lower division team and a 2nd leg cup game against a team in the relegation zone (when already 3-0 up from the first leg) was an ideal time to rest key players. Instead, ETH played a full strength team and paid the price when Andy Carroll did a drive by on Eriksen and put him out for the season. Carroll nearly did the same to Casemiro as well but thankfully Casemiro managed to cushion the blow of Carroll’s MMA move.

Why risk key players like Casemiro, Bruno, Rashford, and the notoriously injury prone Varane in such games where there is little chance of defeat?

Today, Forest’s Surridge nearly put Varane out as well. These games were missed opportunities to rest key players.

On another note I am very happy that Tom Heaton played today. That guy started at Man Utd when he was a boy and had to wait 18 years to make his debut for the club (thanks for that Mr Rangnick BTW). Today was only his second ever game for Man Utd.

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

It seems that Mason Greenwood will not be joining Prison FC after all.

Mendy-Partey-Greenwood: all accused of rape, had trial by social media - only to be cleared.

Last edited by wiseone on Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

wiseone wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:18 pm It seems that Mason Greenwood will not be joining Prison FC after all.

Mendy-Partey-Greenwood: all accused of rape, had trial by social media- only to be cleared.

Lucky boy.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I know it seems I tie race into many things, but please hear me out.

First of all, thank God for the boy! And I wish him well in the future. United has a player who, in my opinion could become one of the deadliest left-forwards in the world. Hopefully he can take the next 1 month to get match fit, and join ETH's army for the end of the season and rebound next season with veneance.

Now to the ko ko of the matter. Those of you who have young children (especially teenagers) in obodo oyibo. Its very good for them to have non-black friends and mix with people of other races. Yes! Very very good, because it helps them to become more rounded in life. However, ask them to keep their eyes OPEN! My brothers, ask them to keep their eye open ooooo! Oyibo will lead you to the dead sea, encourage you to jump inside and then walk home and go to bed! I have seen this many times. I saw it with two black people in law school who were running after oyibo and when sh1t hit the fan, Oyibo's rich daddy came in and collected oyibo, while the others were left inside hot soup.

I remember befoe this Greenwood issue, Greenwood and Foden were caught with women in a hotel room. They were both sent back home to Manchester. Which leads me to believe that these two young manchester guys are close friends who do these tings regularly. Since then, we havent heard pim from Foden! Not only did he not get into any further trouble, when Greenwood did, no public "pim" of support from Foden. That one went on with his life and if Greenwood had gone to prison and his career ended, Foden would have moved on and had a successful career, and beautiful life and would probably have taken Greenwood's call once every 6-8 months in old age and maybe send him some money to buy bread here and there, if at all he agreed to speak to him.

Tell your young children to OPEN eye o! and be careful. Because oyibo wants to do something does not mean you should join them to do it. They will easily walk away from it, and you will be left there.

I take God beg una! Please!

wiseone wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:18 pm It seems that Mason Greenwood will not be joining Prison FC after all.

Mendy-Partey-Greenwood: all accused of rape, had trial by social media- only to be cleared.

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I recall saying several months ago that perhaps I was clutching at straws, but that Man Utd's precipitous decline in form seemed to coincide with Greenwood's arrest. It is often forgotten that Man Utd started last season in red hot form, scored 11 goals in their first 4 games, and Greenwood scored in the first 3 games of the season. Learning that a team-mate might go to prison for rape cannot have been good for team harmony and stability,

Man Utd now have huge decisions to make about him.
Last edited by wiseone on Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.