Monaco vs Arsenal 0-2 (FT) (Agg 3-3) Monaco advance

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Monaco vs Arsenal 0-1 (2H) (Agg 3-2)FT Monaco advance

Post by wale1974 »

Ekorian wrote:Robbynice- we tried, its a damn shame that you fickle fans are complaining. As for me and my household. ..
Anikulapo-i blame ramshyt and oju okpolo
kajifu-im still shaking
globero- win or lose, it's Arsenal for life
waffi- wenger is a genius. We are victim of gods and bad luck
Oloye- how can arsenal lose to such a useless team
coach- ÷_÷€÷^#€÷£÷£$**÷€6&2 &&#_÷&÷&÷_&#&hsushghhej huddhdjehehejd WENGERISM :laugh:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Waffiman wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:No anger about tonight at all, that was a really positive display. We lost it in the first leg, as we all feared at the time.

I must add, the gods were really against us in both legs. Cannot believe how unlucky we have been.
Go and buy 'LUCK' :tic: Stop blaming the gods. Blame the coach that made the gods to desert Arsenal

You lost. 3rd consecutive time of stumbling at same stage. That is consistency. Nothing unlucky about that.
So what! You can quote all the stats, it still does not change the way I feel about my team. Go sing to the fairies. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
I love the feelings. Some love failure. Some love abusive relationship. I congratulate your love :tic:

Next time, please dont bring any OPTA stats oooo :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
slyk
Egg
Egg

Post by slyk »

anikulapo wrote:Cheiii been so busy and uninterested that I forgot about the game. But who be the O.P wey no fit update scores nah haba.

Anyway hope everyone is fit and ready for Newcastle and the stretch run
Yeah, Right.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Effort, tactics, focus all spot on...well played lads.

That said it is vital this side learn they must retain those intangibles week in & week out if they're ever to win a PL and or CL title.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Unlike many here I hope Wenger gives the boys they credit they deserve for that performance tonight. People said we could not score against Monaco, cannot contain Kondogbia etc etc......this could have been a different result had Welbecks ball not been cleared off the line with the Monaco GK well beaten.

We have all rightfully criticized the team for the performance 3 weeks ago, today was a different performance but it was not enough. Ozil, Cazorla, Kos etc etc stood up like Giants in that second half....Coquelin played his part in the first it bodes well for the future.

Most shortsighted people will continue to think these near misses after impressive away performances count for nothing, but football is a funny old game...the levels we attain to gain victories like this push us forward in our growth as a team as we pursue the biggest trophies in the future.
To God be the glory
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

kajifu wrote:
platinum wrote:
Coach wrote:Manu Petit "Arsenal are superior to Monaco as a team and individually and shouldn't be losing to them...".

Paul Scholes "Arsenal will get all the plaudits here, but a team of Arsenal's quality should be knocking Monaco out".

Nothing to sing and dance about fellas, Monaco was the easy draw and for the fifth year, same old same old. No Guardiola, Messi or Muller, just pure pathetics in the first leg, absolute ineptitude. Five years on the spin and once again, we're salivating at the thought of top four...to do f*cking what!!!!! Forget it. UEFA needs to stop this farce, Champions only and let the rest aspire to be Champions. Five years on the spin. Not good enough! No excuse.

Your points are solid and I agree with them.

But right now, we have to pick ourselves up and learn from it. Remember Madrid went 5/6 years on the trot losing out in the same 2nd round phase year after year. Time to give the EPL a real go.
Madrid was losing not at this our own level.I dont mind a better team beat us but a team we should put to bed should not be scoring 3 goals at emirate.

Yes they were. They were famously getting owned by Lyon in that time period. The most expensive side in world footie, getting rimmed time after time. SIX straight years.

2004/5 - lost to Juve
2005/6 - lost to lyon
2006/7 - lost to bayern
2007/8 - lost to Roma
2008/9 - destroyed by liverpool
2009/10 - lyon again
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Monaco vs Arsenal 0-2 (FT) (Agg 3-3) Monaco advance

Post by Robbynice »

The boys stood up to be counted today so i can't complain. We learn from this, move on and make it count on the league and FA cup front.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Assnal fans are the real victims here.

Year after year the team takes them on emotional rides and fails when it matters most. They all know they are gonna fail but somehow the team always leaves the slim glimmer of hope that they all hang on to. At d end its d same negative outcome. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

$#% gotta get old someday. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Skylolo wrote:Unlike many here I hope Wenger gives the boys they credit they deserve for that performance tonight. People said we could not score against Monaco, cannot contain Kondogbia etc etc......this could have been a different result had Welbecks ball not been cleared off the line with the Monaco GK well beaten.

We have all rightfully criticized the team for the performance 3 weeks ago, today was a different performance but it was not enough. Ozil, Cazorla, Kos etc etc stood up like Giants in that second half....Coquelin played his part in the first it bodes well for the future.

Most shortsighted people will continue to think these near misses after impressive away performances count for nothing, but football is a funny old game...the levels we attain to gain victories like this push us forward in our growth as a team as we pursue the biggest trophies in the future.
Great effort, but that third goal at home was the absolute killer.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Ugbowo wrote:Assnal fans are the real victims here.

Year after year the team takes them on emotional rides and fails when it matters most. They all know they are gonna fail but somehow the team always leaves the slim glitter of hope that they all hang on to. At d end its d same negative outcome. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

$#% gotta get old someday. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Eeyyyaahhh this coming from the from the fan a team of chokers that lost to 10 men......after having the lead twice including once in Extra time....

The same team that also choked on a 2 goal lead against Bradford at home.....

At least we go out with some dignity.
To God be the glory
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Skylolo wrote:Unlike many here I hope Wenger gives the boys they credit they deserve for that performance tonight. People said we could not score against Monaco, cannot contain Kondogbia etc etc......this could have been a different result had Welbecks ball not been cleared off the line with the Monaco GK well beaten.

Well said.

Recall Arsenal losing out on double in crushing fashion 98/99, UEFA cup final on PK's in 2000, 2001 FA cup final on last minute Owen brace.

The invincibles did not just miraculously appear, there was a ton of heart break on the path to glory. I know a its cliche but champions are always tested by failure. Now its up to this team to show they retain such resilience in the week, months and years ahead. May sound naive but I confident this Arsenal will step up to the challenge.
Last edited by Tunisian Gooner on Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Waffiman wrote:

Great effort, but that third goal at home was the absolute killer.
TBH I have not fully forgiven OX and Rosicky for that goal.......

Anyway Waffi I am not too disappointed, I did not fancy our chances in this competition as such though we had a real chance of making the semi's with the right draw. We are not strong enough yet.. The winner of this competition starts with B.....
To God be the glory
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Skylolo, please do us true gunners a favor and stop using "us" and "we" when it comes to anything Arsenal. You are not one of us. You are a part time fan.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Aniks wetin happen to your boy today Kondogbia?
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:

Well said.

Recall Arsenal losing out on double in crushing fashion 98/99, UEFA cup final on PK's in 2000, 2001 FA cup final on last minute Owen brace.

The invincibles did just miraculously appear, there was a ton of heart break on the path to glory. I know a its cliche but champions are always tested by failure. Now its up to this team to show they retain such resilience in the week, months and years ahead. May sound naive but I confident this Arsenal will step up to the challenge.
Word!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

ojafranpa wrote:Aniks wetin happen to your boy today Kongogbia?

I don't know if his injury affected him but after the first 20mins or so, Arsenal put him and Toulanlan to sleep.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Curve whiz
Egg
Egg

Post by Curve whiz »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:

Well said.

The invincibles did just miraculously appear, there was a ton of heart break on the path to glory. I know a its cliche but champions are always tested by failure. Now its up to this team to show they retain such resilience in the week, months and years ahead. May sound naive but I confident this Arsenal will step up to the challenge.
Delusional cankerkucum as usual from Arsenal fans...you lost because you are not good enough...no more excuse abeg :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

So how did Ozil play :tic: Same old okpolo eyed slug? :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

ojafranpa wrote:Aniks wetin happen to your boy today Kondogbia?
I did not Zee it :tic: U don update score or you still need ya Abacus to calculate :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

anikulapo wrote:So how did Ozil play :tic: Same old okpolo eyed slug? :taunt:
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

good lesson. A mature Arsenal will be back.

Arsenal for life!
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:

Well said.

Word!
yo waffi. if your friend Wenger wasn't playing let-me-see-what-I-can-get-away-with with our defense at the start of the season, won't we be challenging Chelsea right now. It was horribly irresponsible of the man to go into the season with only 2 senior CD's, one of which was Mertesecker and needed a break.
Our defensive wahala at the start of the seaso will cost us a possible league title this year. Gabriel or someone of that sort should have been bought in summer not in January.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

amafolas wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:

Well said.

Word!
yo waffi. if your friend Wenger wasn't playing let-me-see-what-I-can-get-away-with with our defense at the start of the season, won't we be challenging Chelsea right now. It was horribly irresponsible of the man to go into the season with only 2 senior CD's, one of which was Mertesecker and needed a break.
Our defensive wahala at the start of the seaso will cost us a possible league title this year. Gabriel or someone of that sort should have been bought in summer not in January.
I disagree. The injuries were the problem. He lost his players and could not even train with them. The difference since the players came back is clear. Notice how the injury regime has changed. No rushing players back.