Monaco vs Arsenal 0-2 (FT) (Agg 3-3) Monaco advance

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
charlie
Egg
Egg
Re: Monaco vs Arsenal 0-2 (FT) (Agg 3-3) Monaco advance

Post by charlie »

Bizzare, no one talking about the pressure cooker in Madrid? Leverkusen out on penalties. Fernando Torres with the game winner. Could he be rounding back to form for his home team?
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Monaco vs Arsenal 0-1 (2H) (Agg 3-2)FT Monaco advance

Post by Skylolo »

amafolas wrote:
Skylolo wrote:Unlike many here I hope Wenger gives the boys they credit they deserve for that performance tonight. People said we could not score against Monaco, cannot contain Kondogbia etc etc......this could have been a different result had Welbecks ball not been cleared off the line with the Monaco GK well beaten.

We have all rightfully criticized the team for the performance 3 weeks ago, today was a different performance but it was not enough. Ozil, Cazorla, Kos etc etc stood up like Giants in that second half....Coquelin played his part in the first it bodes well for the future.

Most shortsighted people will continue to think these near misses after impressive away performances count for nothing, but football is a funny old game...the levels we attain to gain victories like this push us forward in our growth as a team as we pursue the biggest trophies in the future.
Skylolo, please do us true gunners a favor and stop using "us" and "we" when it comes to anything Arsenal. You are not one of us. You are a part time fan.
I never said you and I were in the same group..... :roll: Make of that what you wish.....
To God be the glory
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

platinum wrote:
Waffiman wrote:No anger about tonight at all, that was a really positive display. We lost it in the first leg, as we all feared at the time.

That third goal. All my anger was expended the minute we gave up that goal. I think most knew that was the dagger. CANNOT make those mental errors, simply cannot.
Pally stop it. You all keep making the same mistake every season. That third goal wasn't any dagger.

If Arsenal had lost the first leg 2-1, they would've won this game 1-0. Such is the lot of this team. It's mentally fragile, like their coach.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

Positive is that since the Monaco 1:3 loss, the team has gone to win 4 straight games including the win at Old Toilet
Hope they continue till end of the season
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

theYemster wrote:
platinum wrote:
Waffiman wrote:No anger about tonight at all, that was a really positive display. We lost it in the first leg, as we all feared at the time.

That third goal. All my anger was expended the minute we gave up that goal. I think most knew that was the dagger. CANNOT make those mental errors, simply cannot.
Pally stop it. You all keep making the same mistake every season. That third goal wasn't any dagger.

If Arsenal had lost the first leg 2-1, they would've won this game 1-0. Such is the lot of this team. It's mentally fragile, like their coach.
Let us get something straight, what we did this time was terrible but there is no mistake losing to Bayern, Barcelona, Milan at any stage of the CL. These teams are/were top quality teams...
To God be the glory
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

No matter what "It's always going to be Arsenal for dead" :sneaky:
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Skylolo wrote:
theYemster wrote:
platinum wrote:

Let us get something straight, what we did this time was terrible but there is no mistake losing to Bayern, Barcelona, Milan at any stage of the CL. These teams are/were top quality teams...
Try not to get lost in the message.

The issue is how we lose, not just losing. The scoreline and performance today is just as flattering as it was in the past five seasons. The tie is always effectively over after the first leg whether we play at home or or the road. It's always the same. Yeh blame it on money; like Atletico and Dortmund didn't go all the way to the final on a much smaller budget than we have.

Wenger cannot get us over the hump anymore and the sooner we admit it the better.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Arsenal almost won the Champions League :D
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

charlie wrote:Bizzare, no one talking about the pressure cooker in Madrid? Leverkusen out on penalties. Fernando Torres with the game winner. Could he be rounding back to form for his home team?
No! He's been garbage more often than not.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Great result for the Arsenal ... time to move on
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

theYemster wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
theYemster wrote:
platinum wrote:

The issue is how we lose, not just losing. The scoreline and performance today is just as flattering as it was in the past five seasons. The tie is always effectively over after the first leg whether we play at home or or the road. It's always the same. Yeh blame it on money; like Atletico and Dortmund didn't go all the way to the final on a much smaller budget than we have.

Wenger cannot get us over the hump anymore and the sooner we admit it the better.
The man just won major silverware. :ohmy: :ohmy: If you cannot see what he is building, then you are blind.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

theYemster wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
theYemster wrote:
platinum wrote:

We got to the final in 2006......

You people said Wenger could not win a major trophy until last season as well....
To God be the glory
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Coach wrote:
charlie wrote:Bizzare, no one talking about the pressure cooker in Madrid? Leverkusen out on penalties. Fernando Torres with the game winner. Could he be rounding back to form for his home team?
No! He's been garbage more often than not.
Maybe, but he still scored the winning penalty to take his team to the UEFA CL quarter finals.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Manu Petit "if your only target is to win the FA Cup every year and your name is Arsenal, this is not good enough".

Does anybody know if Manu was a disruptive influence in the dressing room or harbours a grudge following a failed application for a coaching role? Lee Dixon's sentiments were exact, t'is common knowledge his wife isn't talking to Steve Bould's, something to do with wearing the same dresses at Pires' son's birthday party. Hence the skewered statements. As for Scholes, a bloody manc!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...anyone checked on Picnic the season ticket holder, Nigeria football is going south now starting with Bolivia withdrawal :atc:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

guys i understand players are the ones who changed Wenger tactics for the City win.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... enger.html
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

Ekorian wrote:Robbynice- we tried, its a damn shame that you fickle fans are complaining. As for me and my household. ..
Anikulapo-i blame ramshyt and oju okpolo
kajifu-im still shaking
globero- win or lose, it's Arsenal for life
waffi- wenger is a genius. We are victims of gods and bad luck
Oloye- how can arsenal lose to such a useless team
coach- ÷_÷€÷^#€÷£÷£$**÷€6&2 &&#_÷&÷&÷_&#&hsushghhej huddhdjehehejd WENGERISM :laugh:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

benteke wrote:.
guys i understand players are the ones who changed Wenger tactics for the City win.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... enger.html
:)

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Why am I not surprised the West Virginian Mountain Goat is out in full force and.spamming the site with his drivel and ecstasy at an Arsenal set back.

What a lousy wanker ..Please go somewhere else and glory hunt ...elede :roll:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Arsenal against Monaco. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

WE JUST HAVE TO WIN OUR REMAINING EPL GAMES AND....

mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mmeny »

Well played lads that third goal was a killer at the Emirates. If we can beat Chelsea and Man Utd this season in the EPL that will be progress in my books. Additional win the FA Cup again.
Just because cat sabi swim no mean say him be catfish - M.I