La Liga - referee travesties, skewed TV deals, 0 competition

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: La Liga - referee travesties, skewed TV deals, 0 competi

Post by wiseone »

I thought VAR would level the playing field. Even with VAR, the scandalous decisions keep going Barca's way. This last weekend with the scores level at 1-1, between Barca and Kenneth Omeruo's Leganes, Suarez forced the ball into the net after kicking the hand of the Leganes GK AND kneeing him in the face. Incredibly the goal still stood despite VAR. :shock: The existence of VAR just amplifies the horrifying nature of this "refereeing".

https://www.beinsports.com/us/laliga/vi ... ce/1090669
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Abeg that was a pure goal, I’m a Madrid fan and it was clear after review that Suarez got to the ball before the goalie. Keeper hadn’t gotten his hands on the ball yet so Suarez was free to poke it in. The collision with his face happened after the ball had entered the net sef. Give him credit for being so alert, most other strikers would have given up on the ball.

[/video]
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Let me ask these question (and please answer honestly):

1) If Suarez had followed through like that on an outfield player with a challenge on the halfway line, do you think the ref would have given a FK?

2) If a Leganes striker had charged in on Barca's GK like that, followed through and kneed him in the face before bundling the ball into the net, would the goal have stood?
maceo4 wrote:Abeg that was a pure goal, I’m a Madrid fan and it was clear after review that Suarez got to the ball before the goalie. Keeper hadn’t gotten his hands on the ball yet so Suarez was free to poke it in. The collision with his face happened after the ball had entered the net sef. Give him credit for being so alert, most other strikers would have given up on the ball.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

wiseone wrote:Let me ask these question (and please answer honestly):

1) If Suarez had followed through like that on an outfield player with a challenge on the halfway line, do you think the ref would have given a FK?

2) If a Leganes striker had charged in on Barca's GK like that, followed through and kneed him in the face before bundling the ball into the net, would the goal have stood?
maceo4 wrote:Abeg that was a pure goal, I’m a Madrid fan and it was clear after review that Suarez got to the ball before the goalie. Keeper hadn’t gotten his hands on the ball yet so Suarez was free to poke it in. The collision with his face happened after the ball had entered the net sef. Give him credit for being so alert, most other strikers would have given up on the ball.
You are already misrepresenting facts though, his knee hit the keepers face AFTER his foot kicked the ball into the net, why exactly should that not count? The follow through doesn't matter as long as you get to the ball before the other player so no there wouldn't be a FK in the outfield and if there was it would go on the player that got there late. I already posted the video, you can clearly see the knee to head contact happens AFTER the ball crosses the line for a goal then keeper holds his head. I don't know why you are chasing ghosts but you have already made up your mind that Barca is cheating, I don't disagree with you overall, but this is NOT a good example of it...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

The highlighted part is not true. It actually does matter. Challenging with excessive force is against the rules of the game (even if the player does not make contact). The excessive force law penalises crafty old pros who in the old days used to "leave their foot in" and deliberately "follow through" and injure a player after kicking the ball. It is a well known old trick that has snapped many ankles and ligaments in the past and is AGAINST the laws of the game. Suarez went in on the GK studs up AND kneed him in the face.
maceo4 wrote:
You are already misrepresenting facts though, his knee hit the keepers face AFTER his foot kicked the ball into the net, why exactly should that not count? The follow through doesn't matter as long as you get to the ball before the other player so no there wouldn't be a FK in the outfield and if there was it would go on the player that got there late. I already posted the video, you can clearly see the knee to head contact happens AFTER the ball crosses the line for a goal then keeper holds his head. I don't know why you are chasing ghosts but you have already made up your mind that Barca is cheating, I don't disagree with you overall, but this is NOT a good example of it...
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

wiseone wrote:The highlighted part is not true. It actually does matter. Challenging with excessive force is against the rules of the game (even if the player does not make contact). The excessive force law penalises crafty old pros who in the old days used to "leave their foot in" and deliberately "follow through" and injure a player after kicking the ball. It is a well known old trick that has snapped many ankles and ligaments in the past and is AGAINST the laws of the game. Suarez went in on the GK studs up AND kneed him in the face.
maceo4 wrote:
I can't believe you are making me defend Barcelona, but again I posted the video and watched this game live with multiple replays. His stud were NOT up, he side-footed the ball into the net. If his studs were up then yes it would be a foul, but they weren't he just got to the ball before the keeper and it was inevitable he would run into him. That doesn't mean he deliberately tried to run into him, you even see Suarez trying to avoid him and putting his hands up like 'Hey I tried to get out of his way'. He didn't go into it maliciously, his eyes are just clearly on the free ball and getting to the ball before the goalie (which he did). Goalies are a protected bunch so if they did call it I wouldn't make a big stink about it either, but it was a clear 50/50 ball and he had every right to go for it. And Suarez got there before the keeper and side-footed it into the goal then of course his momentum took him into the GK as they were both approaching each other going after a dropping ball. You NEVER see his studs at any point during the video I posted, just re-watch it...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

These travesties still occur - even with VAR.
tfco wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

@tfco, some of us watch this league week in week out and the EPL too.
La Liga footie still comes out ahead of your queen's league. :taunt: :taunt:

You should listen to the BEin Sports guy's commentary of the Sevilla vs Barca game. Classic. :D :D
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

tfco wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

according to Wiseone, that would be a PK, due to "challenging with excessive force"
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Ladies and gentlemen - I give you Ray Hudson. He is such a bad commentator that he makes me NOT want to watch La Liga matches on BeIN. Plus his blatant bias for Barcelona and Real Madrid is nauseating. When Messi scores a tap in from 2 yards out, he describes the goal as "magisterial" and "heavenly", but when an opposition player rifles in a 25 yard screamer into the top corner against Barca or Real, he acts like a deaf-mute.

Here are some of his quotables on commentary:

1) "He was off quicker than a girl's dress on prom night".

2) "He gets his angle down better than Pythagoras".

3) "He is cooler than a polar bears backside".

4) "Keylor Navas is the best GK in the world" and ..."I don't care about David de who".

5) At the start of the Atletico v Barca game he said the game featured "the two best GKs in the world". This is in a game where none of Neuer, De Gea, and Courtois was playing.

Then his nicknames for players:

"Avatar Eyes" - Mesut Ozil
"Chameleon Eyes" - Andres Iniesta
"Big Bad Benz" - Karim Benzema
"Gunslinger" - CR7

More of his body of work here:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=255366&p=4369705&hi ... r#p4369705

and here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=284389&hilit=+ray+hudson+

Kabalega wrote:@tfco, some of us watch this league week in week out and the EPL too.

You should listen to the BEin Sports guy's commentary of the Sevilla vs Barca game. Classic. :D :D
Last edited by wiseone on Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

wiseone wrote:Ladies and gentlemen - I give you Ray Hudson. He is such a bad commentator that he makes me NOT want to watch La Liga matches on BeIN. Plus his blatant bias for Barcelona and Real Madrid is nauseating. When Messi scores a tap in from 2 yards out, he describes the goal as "magisterial" and "heavenly", but when an opposition player rifles in a 25 yard screamer into the top corner against Barca or Real, he acts like a deaf-mute.

Here are some of his quotables on commentary:

1) "He was off quicker than a girl's dress on prom night".

2) "He gets his angle down better than Pythagoras".

3) "He is cooler than a polar bears backside".

4) "Keylor Navas is the best GK in the world" and ..."I don't care about David de who".

5) At the start of the Atletico v Barca game he said the game featured "the two best GKs in the world". This is in a game where Neuer, De Gea, or Courtois was playing.

Then his nicknames for players:

"Avatar Eyes" - Mesut Ozil
"Chameleon Eyes" - Andres Iniesta
"Big Bad Benz" - Karim Benzema
"Gunslinger" - CR7

More of his body of work here:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=255366&p=4369705&hi ... r#p4369705

and here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=284389&hilit=+ray+hudson+

Kabalega wrote:@tfco, some of us watch this league week in week out and the EPL too.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You should hear their commentary in that game.
It was over the top!

Ray Hudson took it up a notch. But hey, so did Messi, Sevilla and Suarez.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

At times I wonder why La Liga bothers with VAR (since they rarely use it correctly when Barca and Real Madrid are playing). Prime example:

The world will rightly rave about that Messi FK against Betis at the weekend. Except it should never have been given. About 1-2 seconds before the FK was awarded to Barca, Rakitic fouled the Betis player Andrés Guardado. The ref should have (but did not) given Betis a FK. When he erred and instead gave a FK to Barca, why did the VAR not alert him of a clear and obvious error? Then a few minutes later, Messi nearly scored from another incorrectly awarded FK after Vidal dived over the foot of Marc Bartra and threw himself to the floor. The replay clearly showed there was no contact, yet again - the VAR did not tell the referee about the error.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Ladies and gents, it is 2020 but La Liga ojoro is back (even with VAR). This week's latest installment:

In the 30th minute of the game at the Bernabeu last Saturday, Luuk de Jong of Sevilla scored a header to put Sevilla in the lead. We know we cannot have the abomination of Real Madrid going 0-1 down at home, so the ref went over to the VAR screen and disallowed it because Madrid's Eder Militao accidentally ran into Sevilla's Nemanja Gudelj. How on earth is that a "clear and obvious error"? :ohmy:

The Sevilla Sporting Director was so incensed that he said his team should have walked off the pitch in protest.

Madrid of course go on to win the game 2-1.

Watch/read for yourself:

https://www.beinsports.com/us/laliga/vi ... id/1393816

https://www.beinsports.com/us/laliga/vi ... ai/1394158

https://onefootball.com/en/news/id-have ... e=20200120
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

This is not the NBA...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Ladies and gentlemen, I bring you the La Liga Ojoro Show - Episode 833.

I thought VAR would reduce the organised criminal syndicate that masquerades as refereeing in this league. Instead, VAR has often been used as a tool to reinforce the criminal enterprise. The latest exhibit:

Real Sociedad are holding out 0-0 at the Nou Camp after a determined defensive performance away at Barcelona. With 11 minutes to go, Sociedad counter-attack and flashing drive goes just past the post. They nearly take the lead at the Nou Camp. Aware that Sociedad are on the verge of causing an upset, the VAR and ref remember that Sociedad being competitive and taking points off Barca is not part of the script. The VAR pulls the game back to an incident BEFORE the Sociedad attack, and found that in Barcelona's last attack a few minutes earler, as a cross came into the box and a Barca player tried to head it, the ball struck a Sociedad defender on the shoulder. His arm was not away from his body, and he was not even looking at the ball when it hit him on the shoulder.

With 10 minutes ago, the ref awards Barca a penalty which Messi of course converts. Utter bollox.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

wiseone wrote:Ladies and gentlemen, I bring you the La Liga Ojoro Show - Episode 833.

I thought VAR would reduce the organised criminal syndicate that masquerades as refereeing in this league. Instead, VAR has often been used as a tool to reinforce the criminal enterprise. The latest exhibit:

Real Sociedad are holding out 0-0 at the Nou Camp after a determined defensive performance away at Barcelona. With 11 minutes to go, Sociedad counter-attack and flashing drive goes just past the post. They nearly take the lead at the Nou Camp. Aware that Sociedad are on the verge of causing an upset, the VAR and ref remember that Sociedad being competitive and taking points off Barca is not part of the script. The VAR pulls the game back to an incident BEFORE the Sociedad attack, and found that in Barcelona's last attack a few minutes earler, as a cross came into the box and a Barca player tried to head it, the ball struck a Sociedad defender on the shoulder. His arm was not away from his body, and he was not even looking at the ball when it hit him on the shoulder.

With 10 minutes ago, the ref awards Barca a penalty which Messi of course converts. Utter bollox.

When will you guts stop seeing ghosts and conspiracies?

Its happened in several different games. A handball in the box was brought back. The commentators even referenced that it was being looked at as Sociedad went on a counter...

Slightly similar incident happened in the Burnley/Bournemouth game...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Honestly, the criminal syndicate that goes by the euphemism of "refereeing" in La Liga knows no limits. I thought VAR would improve things but it has simply reinforced the criminal conspiracy to protect Barca and Real Madrid. In the last week alone:

Sevilla v Barca. In an off the ball incident, Messi shoved Sevilla player Diego Carlos by the throat/upper chest and knocked him to the ground. This sparked a massive square up with about 15 from both sides nearly coming to blows and squaring up to each other. For some odd reason, neither the ref nor VAR inquired as to how the Sevilla player ended up on the ground or why the Sevilla players were so angry. How on earth did Messi not get sent off for this?

The ref did not even book him!

https://www.ibtimes.com/lionel-messi-sh ... os-2997446

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FoC6luaU18[/video]

Last edited by wiseone on Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

IN THE VERY NEXT GAME against Bilbao, Messi for the second time in one week, escaped a red card. He got away with a studs up horror leg breaker assault on Bilbao's Yeray. Yet again, he stayed on the pitch.

https://www.givemesport.com/1576831-foo ... tic-bilbao

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Exhibit 384C:

Real Madrid -v- Real Sociedad: Vinicius runs into the penalty area and trips over a blade of grass. The ref is on hand to give a phantom penalty. Despite the fact that video replays do not show conclusive evidence of a contact on Vinicius by a Sociedad defender, VAR did not overturn the penalty and the ref strangely declined to watch a replay on the pitch side monitor. Even if we excuse this on the ground that it was not a clear and obvious error, what happened next was simply farcical:

After 70 minutes Sociedad equalised after a 25 yard long range shot by former Man Utd player Januzaj. Of course the officials found a way to disallow it. They spotted a Sociedad player who was in an offside position about 10 yards away from the Madrid GK Courtois, but decided he was interfering with play. I would also add that strangely during the Women's World Cup last year, Germany scored a goal against Nigeria that came after a German player in the 6 yard box stood about 2 feet right in front of Nigerian GK Nnadozie, yet despite watching the replays, the officials decided that a player in an offside position, blocking the GK's vision, and standing 2 feet away from the GK, was not interfering with play.

Of course less than a minute after the Sociedad goal was disallowed, Madrid ran down the other end of the pitch, and Benzema scored after a controversial goal where he controlled the ball with his shoulder (some say arm) before scoring:

[tweet]1274817727962767361?s=20[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/PremierSportsTV/sta ... 67361?s=20

https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... nspiracies
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

La Liga travesties are back. Rather than make officiating better, VAR is now being used as an extra weapon in favour of Madrid. Another example:

this past weekend, Betis go 2-1 up against Real Madrid. Of course, this was not in the script and you know a phantom penalty of VAR miracle will come to Madrid's aid. Minute 68 - Betis' Emerson gets sent off (a fair decision), then Benzema "equalised" from a position that looked suspiciously offside. With 10 minutes left, Betis' Marc Bartra fell down after Madrid's Borja Mayoral pushed him. Someone VAR intervene and gave a penalty to Madrid! WTF!? :shock:

Evidence below:
https://sportsfinding.com/real-madrid-a ... tis/61762/
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

La Liga’s “refereeing” banditry is simply boggles the mind. Messi kicked the ball at the ref. Yet for some unknown reason the ref allowed him to stay on the pitch because Messi (who has never been red carded in La Liga) is not allowed to be sent off.

Of course with Barcelona losing 0-1 with 30 minutes to go, the ref suddenly remembers he has a red card in his pocket and sent off an Alaves player. 2 minutes later, Barca equalised.

https://www.sportbible.com/football/foo ... a-20201101
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

wiseone wrote:La Liga’s “refereeing” banditry is simply boggles the mind. Messi kicked the ball at the ref. Yet for some unknown reason the ref allowed him to stay on the pitch because Messi (who has never been red carded in La Liga) is not allowed to be sent off.

Of course with Barcelona losing 0-1 with 30 minutes to go, the ref suddenly remembers he has a red card in his pocket and sent off an Alaves player. 2 minutes later, Barca equalised.

https://www.sportbible.com/football/foo ... a-20201101

It might be a good idea to actually watch these games you know. Just a thought...

Messi's being the victim of some truly strange calls since the season started...