A Thread dedicated to the EPL boo boys.

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg
A Thread dedicated to the EPL boo boys.

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

The events of today and the last 2 nights are extremely painful for them.
I know there is a Sene-Gambian man on this site who is in a lot of pain as I type this.
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: A Thread dedicated to the EPL boo boys.

Post by oloye »

One thing that stood out so far in this European tournament is the superiority of the English clubs.. Wait for for it, not neccesarilly in the technical aspect of the game, but the fitness and physical side of the game. The quality of the coaches have pushed up their technical ability, but it still lags behind, but they have been able to make up for the deficit by their fitness level.

The English clubs have basically ground out results, watching Spurs grind those ajebutter from Amsterdam to submission was a delight. And watching Liverpool forcibly rape Barca in Broad daylight was a scary spectacle. Arsenal simply rolled over a rubbish Valencia team, gosh never saw a Spanish team so poor technically and physically. Chelsea met their match in the German team, but once again their fitness and physicality weathered the storm.

Congrats to the Premiership and all the WE disciples... Ehem where was I again?
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

We warned them that EPL is still getting it's act together and will soon be back.
It's not an overnight thing.

But the way Liverpool bullied and destroyed Barcelona, if EPL really starts to dominate CL from now on, then that may be remembered as the day when La Liga was given a very bloody nose and a forceful usurp of power was done :thumbs:
I agree Oloye that was scary what Liverpool did to Barcelona, few will fear Barcelona again
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

oloye wrote:One thing that stood out so far in this European tournament is the superiority of the English clubs.. Wait for for it, not neccesarilly in the technical aspect of the game, but the fitness and physical side of the game. The quality of the coaches have pushed up their technical ability, but it still lags behind, but they have been able to make up for the deficit by their fitness level.

The English clubs have basically ground out results, watching Spurs grind those ajebutter from Amsterdam to submission was a delight. And watching Liverpool forcibly rape Barca in Broad daylight was a scary spectacle. Arsenal simply rolled over a rubbish Valencia team, gosh never saw a Spanish team so poor technically and physically. Chelsea met their match in the German team, but once again their fitness and physicality weathered the storm.

Welcome back, uncle.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Wait till all the young English players that dominated in the international championships mature.

The domination will be real then.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EPL will dominate Euro competitions for another 5 years or so...
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Chimurenga Rebel wrote:The events of today and the last 2 nights are extremely painful for them.
I know there is a Sene-Gambian man on this site who is in a lot of pain as I type this.
I think I have a video of Yujam. The dreads are gone.
He is in severe pain. Asking us to hold Inspector General Klopp or something like that responsible if anything happens to him.

[/video]
Last edited by truetalk on Fri May 10, 2019 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Nothing but a one off so don't get too excited :mad :taunt: :lol:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

oloye wrote:One thing that stood out so far in this European tournament is the superiority of the English clubs.. Wait for for it, not neccesarilly in the technical aspect of the game, but the fitness and physical side of the game. The quality of the coaches have pushed up their technical ability, but it still lags behind, but they have been able to make up for the deficit by their fitness level.

I'm not sure how you win a tournament of this magnitude (UCL) with just fitness. What Liverpool did to Barca is beyond just being fit. The technical aspect was superior. The way they disrupted Barca's flow was nothing short of brilliance. Positioning was key in that game and they executed that to the T.

Tottenham vs Ajax was technical as well. You see Pochetino(sp) made changes to keep Ajax honest. That is technical! Diagonal long balls to Llorente (sp) was also technical and it effectively killed Ajax because their coach didn't adjust (or was just blind to see this).

At the end of the day, 11 men have to hustle to win and score the ball. You have to outwork your opponent to win a game. And, ultimately, you have to know how to put the ball into the net. The guy with the most goals wins! How you get there is up to you. But this year's EPL the UCL finals have been tactically drilled.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Prem is better this year, no doubt. It’s been almost a decade since a Prem team won the Champs League. So it’s abt time. Europa championship have also been sparse.

Could write more abt reasons for this turnaround which includes the quality of coaches that have come to the league and the style of play they've brought with them such as goalies playing out of the back.

Anyway man must whack as my bros here like to say. Family and money matters call. I’ll be back for the ANC.

Spuds/Pool should be a great final. I’ll be watching it. :winking:
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Oga, I don vex for you well well fa. How you go just abandon boys for here like that?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Laliga clubs won both UCL and Europa 3 x in a row but overrated EPL teams sneak into the finals and we wont hear word. I don't blame the EPL fan boys tho. I blame that fat @$$ Bamendagoat goalkeeper from Cameroon that could not hold on the ball in the box and let Spurs score. I blame Hakim Ziyb@tch for being a useless striker who could not score in Queen Futcha's brothel let alone an open net. I blame Surarez, Cuntinho and Mr(s) Shakira Pique for being absolutely useless at Anfield. Hopefully this anomaly will not repeat itself again.

Imagine watching a UCL final and seeing hoardes of ugly English fans with their bad skin and rotten teeth instad of exotic babes from Spain and Holland. Ughhh :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

kolinzo wrote:

I'm not sure how you win a tournament of this magnitude (UCL) with just fitness. What Liverpool did to Barca is beyond just being fit. The technical aspect was superior. The way they disrupted Barca's flow was nothing short of brilliance. Positioning was key in that game and they executed that to the T.

Tottenham vs Ajax was technical as well. You see Pochetino(sp) made changes to keep Ajax honest. That is technical! Diagonal long balls to Llorente (sp) was also technical and it effectively killed Ajax because their coach didn't adjust (or was just blind to see this).

At the end of the day, 11 men have to hustle to win and score the ball. You have to outwork your opponent to win a game. And, ultimately, you have to know how to put the ball into the net. The guy with the most goals wins! How you get there is up to you. But this year's EPL the UCL finals have been tactically drilled.
I am not sure I wrote that they won just by their physical fitness alone, I am sure I mentioned a number of factors, but no wahala, they say a lot is usually lost in transalation and humans tend to see only why they want to see. Baba Kolinzo just try to let people know that this is a line of argument you have pulled out in order to debate with yaself. :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

oloye wrote:
kolinzo wrote:

I am not sure I wrote that they won just by their physical fitness alone, I am sure I mentioned a number of factors, but no wahala, they say a lot is usually lost in transalation and humans tend to see only why they want to see. Baba Kolinzo just try to let people know that this is a line of argument you have pulled out in order to debate with yaself. :lol:
This is true.
Your post did appear to downplay the tactical and technical skills of the English teams in favour of their physicality - much in the same way they like to overstate our physicality and "athleticism" (as Africans) on the world stage even when we are dwarfed by opponents.
But its all good and your points as ever are well taken.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Liverpool full backs are probably the best full backs in Europe right now! they attack you from every position on the pitch, Barcelona did not know how to deal with it, i think the 3 nil 1st leg result was a bit flattering because Liverpool actually played well but was unlucky

Barcelona had a few chances as well but Liverpool made them play a game they were not used to, Barcelona dominate games, if you take this away from them, they are in trouble! Barcelona have put 10 players up for sale, they are not waisting time in rebuilding, should never have got rid of Neymar in the first place, Coutinho was a poor choice, I guess they can do a swap deal with PSG

Oloye, welcome back though!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Damunk wrote:
oloye wrote:
kolinzo wrote:

This is true.
Your post did appear to downplay the tactical and technical skills of the English teams in favour of their physicality - much in the same way they like to overstate our physicality and "athleticism" (as Africans) on the world stage even when we are dwarfed by opponents.
No I did not down play their technical ability. I stated clearly that the EPL clubs have improved in this area as a result of sound managers now plying their trade in the EPL, more are on the way. In Poch and Klopp, add Pep as well, the EPL boasts of some of the best managers in the business.
But the fact remains the teams still lags behind in this area in comparison to some of the countries who for years have laid strong emphasis on this aspect of the game. Ajax could easily have walked away if they did not succumb to youthful exuberance, and the physical fitness of Spurs, they simply could not handle the running of Moura nor the strength of Llorente.

Watching Aubemeyang and Lacazete run Valencia aground highlights this point. It does not downplay the technical ability of English teams, rather I am highlighting a part of their game which their competitors could not compete against.

I wrote a piece on the brilliance of Trent in the run up to Liverpool's 4th goal, that is technical acumen at the highest level on display, but it takes a certain level of fitness to still be so sharp and active to be able to deliver such a pass at such a dying minute of the game when fatigue has already taken its toll.

Players are lambasted for their mistakes and sloppiness people forget that these are signs of fatigue and even lack of fitness.

I did not watch.teams with only physical fitness in the last 72 hours, no I watched teams who demonstrated both technical and physical prowess, but I saw their limitations ad their strength, the level of fitness of the EPL teams is unbelievable and in the next couple of weeks when this is discussed it will come to the fore, take it or leave the English teams subdued their opponents in the aspect of fitness. Saying so does not downplay their technical ability, no it simply highlights where they hold the aces.

Watch clubs from the mainland begin to pay more attention to this aspect of the game.

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Oga, I don vex for you well well fa. How you go just abandon boys for here like that?
Abeg nor vex my high chief, I miss you and other decent folks here.

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

oloye wrote:
Damunk wrote:
oloye wrote:
kolinzo wrote:

This is true.
No I did not down play their technical ability. I stated clearly that the EPL clubs have improved in this area as a result of sound managers now plying their trade in the EPL, more are on the way. In Poch and Klopp, add Pep as well, the EPL boasts of some of the best managers in the business.
But the fact remains the teams still lags behind in this area in comparison to some of the countries who for years have laid strong emphasis on this aspect of the game. Ajax could easily have walked away if they did not succumb to youthful exuberance, and the physical fitness of Spurs, they simply could not handle the running of Moura nor the strength of Llorente.

Watching Aubemeyang and Lacazete run Valencia aground highlights this point. It does not downplay the technical ability of English teams, rather I am highlighting a part of their game which their competitors could not compete against.

I wrote a piece on the brilliance of Trent in the run up to Liverpool's 4th goal, that is technical acumen at the highest level on display, but it takes a certain level of fitness to still be so sharp and active to be able to deliver such a pass at such a dying minute of the game when fatigue has already taken its toll.

Players are lambasted for their mistakes and sloppiness people forget that these are signs of fatigue and even lack of fitness.

I did not watch.teams with only physical fitness in the last 72 hours, no I watched teams who demonstrated both technical and physical prowess, but I saw their limitations ad their strength, the level of fitness of the EPL teams is unbelievable and in the next couple of weeks when this is discussed it will come to the fore, take it or leave the English teams subdued their opponents in the aspect of fitness. Saying so does not downplay their technical ability, no it simply highlights where they hold the aces.

Watch clubs from the mainland begin to pay more attention to this aspect of the game.
Point taken.
I missed the Ajax-Spurs game and the second half of the Barca-Liverpool game.
I hope to watch them this weekend and will look out for your observations. :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Welcome back, oloye. Hope all is well with you.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Cristao II wrote:Welcome back, oloye. Hope all is well with you.
Thanks man mi, let me use this opportunity to say Congrats to you and all other Spurs fans, that was a miracle of immense proportion you pulled off. New stadium, no new signings and with your best player injured....i am so happy for what you guys did. You guys have managed to highlight an essential aspect of this game which the money miss road clubs have almost destroyed with the flush money. The aspect of good coaching, hard work, perseverance and making do with what you have.

Let me say thanks to your club, your coach and your wonderful players for restoring belief in the good old way. :clap: :clap: :clap: Now i am at a loss who i want to win between your team and Liverpool, I suppose as a neutral i just need to sit down and enjoy the final. The only problem is that my close cousin always cries to me during matches , he is a Spurs fan who believe i wave a magic wand with my analysis of the game. As soon as Spurs are not playing well he will call me on facebook messenger and start to moan and whinge drawing me into an emotional roller coaster i could do without, i nearly got a heart attack from the last game. I plan to shut him down in the final so i can enjoy the game :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Liverpool was technically superior to Barca. Barca's game plan was to stay in the game and hope for Messi magic. Oh...and how many times must I state that Busquets is the biggest fraud in World football? Absolutely useless. People can now see how vital Xavi and Iniseta were, I don't think Messi will win a Champions league unless he gets that type level of talent around him. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

There was little to choose between Ajax and Spurs, but for sheer fighting spirit, you have to give it to the lily-livered whites.

As for the Europa, both Arsenal and Chelsea were the better teams. The EPL has always been the second best League...now they are showing they are the best. 4 teams in the finals..wawu!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

marko wrote:Liverpool full backs are probably the best full backs in Europe right now! they attack you from every position on the pitch, Barcelona did not know how to deal with it, i think the 3 nil 1st leg result was a bit flattering because Liverpool actually played well but was unlucky

Barcelona had a few chances as well but Liverpool made them play a game they were not used to, Barcelona dominate games, if you take this away from them, they are in trouble! Barcelona have put 10 players up for sale, they are not waisting time in rebuilding, should never have got rid of Neymar in the first place, Coutinho was a poor choice, I guess they can do a swap deal with PSG

Oloye, welcome back though!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :agree: :agree: :agree: That Alexander Arnold boy is from another planet, he is such a joy to watch. very smart defensively and arguably delivers the best cross on the planet at the moment. Dude is a beast.....Man of the Match for me by a mile
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

oga all this one na story and true. The true reason, money talks, bs walks.

The EPL teams have such huge financial superiority over the rest of Europe except a handful of teams (Barca, Real, PSG, Juve, Bayern). It may not always shake out to an all-English final, but it inevitably shows.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.