The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2020

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
bk-one
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2

Post by bk-one »

Waffiman wrote:
Skylolo wrote:I hope the playing squad and the whole club get together behind Mikel Outeta....
Above all, I hope the people who run the club start doing their jobs properly. If they continue like they are, Arteta stands no chance.
True

To some here....all it takes to solve all the problems befalling arsenal is to get rid of Özil/Xhaka/Mustafi/Auba or latest scapegoats. Oblivious of the fact that the problems at arsenal are due to absence of leadership. As long as Kroenke and his minions are there, those problems are gonna stay with or without the above mentioned scapegoats.
Last edited by bk-one on Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:
In a statement confirming Arteta's appointment on Arsenal's club website, Raul Sanllehi said: “We met several top-class candidates and Mikel stood out to every single one of us as the perfect person for us.

"Mikel understands Arsenal Football Club and what it means to our fans around the world. We look forward to him getting down to work and bringing the best out of our squad as we work to get our season back on track.”
Hola Coach Mikel :D
Raul should STFU. We all know Arteta was never his choice.

are you minding those liars?
Spot on.

Translation:

"We met several top-class candidates and Mikel stood out because he was the cheapest options, he will do what he is told and won't be making any transfer demands".

I hope I am wrong. :-x
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

bk-one wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Skylolo wrote:I hope the playing squad and the whole club get together behind Mikel Outeta....
Above all, I hope the people who run the club start doing their jobs properly. If they continue like they are, Arteta stands no chance.
True

To some here....all it takes to solve all the problems befalling arsenal is to get rid of Özil/Xhaka/Mustafi/Auba or latest scapegoats. Oblivious of the fact that the problems at arsenal are due to absence of leadership. As long as Kroenke and his minions are there, those problems are gonna stay with or without the above mentioned scapegoats.
I agree with both of you....
To God be the glory
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

bk-one wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
True

To some here....all it takes to solve all the problems befalling arsenal is to get rid of Özil/Xhaka/Mustafi/Auba or latest scapegoats. Oblivious of the fact that the problems at arsenal are due to absence of leadership.
The good thing is people are now beginning to wake up to the fact that the real problem at the club are those tasked with running the club - starting with the Kroenkes.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Waffiman wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:
In a statement confirming Arteta's appointment on Arsenal's club website, Raul Sanllehi said: “We met several top-class candidates and Mikel stood out to every single one of us as the perfect person for us.

"Mikel understands Arsenal Football Club and what it means to our fans around the world. We look forward to him getting down to work and bringing the best out of our squad as we work to get our season back on track.”
Hola Coach Mikel :D
Raul should STFU. We all know Arteta was never his choice.
OMG! When did Raul get on ur bad side?
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Waffiman wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:
mcal wrote:...second coming of Wenger?
If he operates like the old Arsene and combines silky attacking skills with a steely defense and midfield then he might hv a chance. If he operates like the old French man Wenger and employs the snow flake approach he will end up like AVB!
For starters, Kroenke's StatsDNA people should not buy any player for Arteta. One thing I am certain of is, Arteta will want certain type of footballers, i.e. strong, athletic, technically sound with stamina, in that midfield. We hope the club gets the players he wants.
You like using statistics 2 buttress ur arguments, no?
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Tools (who are now regretting it today) forced Pa Wenger out of this club. But funny enough we have now gone back to Wenger boys to bring the club back:

Head of Academy: Per Mertesacker

Head Coach: Mikel Arteta

Technical director: Edu

Thanks to the great man for not just giving us 20+ great football years (likely the best of our lives) but also building great men to carry the club on in his absence.

Wherever you are Pa Wenger. know this, We love you.
To God be the glory
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Da kid's in, gotta support his handling of the project. It's about intensity, consistency & mentality. Let's go!!!
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Detective Bunk Moreland

Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Detective Bunk Moreland

bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

HOF Football Coach Bill Parcel once said: "You are what your record (history) says you are".
There is nothing left to understand about a 30 year's old history.
Arteta needs to set himself up for success by making the "tough decisions" early.
That's how you become successful in whatever you have to do.
Like Pep told Yaya Toure (who was a proven player in England) "I don't care how many EPL player of the year you have won. Your time's up. My version of Man City is going a different direction".
There shall be no ambiguities, no confusion, no indecision.
Arteta will be judged by how he makes tough decisions early on.
Bepanda
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet
Emery:we swam right up to the shore and died on the beach

Post by furiously frank »

And in the league we swam right up to the shore and died on the beach.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50865120
How it all unravelled - 'We swam up the shore and died on the beach'
The truth is that in the first year I was very pleased and the only thing left for me to do was to put the rubber stamp on the season with a win in the final of the Europa League. In the knockout stages we looked powerful.

And then we played in the final against Chelsea where we had a great first half in a tactical sense, and where, in my opinion, we could have taken control of the game. But Eden Hazard separated both sides in their favour and they won the match.
And in the league we swam right up to the shore and died on the beach.
We effectively lost a top-four finish at home in two games, a draw against Brighton and a loss to Crystal Palace. These happened at a time when we were heavily involved in the Europa League.
There were things that happened that impeded our chances of responding as well as we would have wanted, such as the injuries to Rob Holding, Hector Bellerin and Aaron Ramsey.
But it's true that I was very satisfied with how things went because I believe we learned how to become a team, at times a team that shone, but a team that was effective and competitive, and a team that in general was showing why Arsenal signed me. I believe we achieved that and we just needed to make that final step.

From talk of a new contract to the sack in a matter of weeks

This season, theoretically, we also began well and I had the feeling - and so did the club - that the achievements of the previous season were valued and we were now looking to how we could develop together, even to the point where they were looking to offer a renewed contract.

Then I remember we had one month... At one of the international breaks we were third, and then in the first game after we came back, the frustrations from bad results were beginning to make us worse for the following matches. We were losing confidence, and it's also true to say we were losing a bit of stability.
The game against Sheffield United [a 1-0 win for the Blades in October] was a turning point. In one month everything got broken, and we were incapable of winning a game in seven and the tension based on the question we were asking "What's happening to us" was like a rolling ball that was just getting bigger and bigger.
When that happens the coach is the first person to come into the spotlight. I have lived this at other clubs but I have managed to conquer it by getting the team back on track, but at Arsenal that month was terrible.
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

X
Last edited by Sleaky72 on Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Even though I have huge doubts. He has my full support. I hope he succeeds. Because failure will be bad for Arsenal.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

bepanda wrote:HOF Football Coach Bill Parcel once said: "You are what your record (history) says you are".
Arteta needs to set himself up for success by making the "tough decisions" early.
Like Pep told Yaya Toure (who was a proven player in England) "I don't care how many EPL player of the year you have won. Your time's up. My version of Man City is going a different direction".
Bepanda
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Ya know it’s the one problem among others that screwed up Emery. He didn’t hv the Cojones 2 stick with tough decisions regarding underperformers and bowed 2 pressure. Those same repeated failures eventually brought about his demise.
Hope Mikel has learnt his lessons and won’t bow 2 the howling mob
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Tunisian Gooner wrote: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
You are just so slow and gullible..this is how you were clapping before the season started, today midseason you are back again
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Good ebening Arteta
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

bepanda wrote:HOF Football Coach Bill Parcel once said: "You are what your record (history) says you are".
Bepanda
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
I seem to remember Emery laying the law when he first signed on for the manager job. On fact it could be said the players saw through his obvious vendetta against Ozil.

It could play either way and some managers know how to handle this well.

Look at Mourinho and Pogba and how that played out. Look at Mourinhi at Real Madrid and how that played out.

The most important thing like he is saying is to bring the energy levels up and give everyone a fresh start.

No need coming in with a sledgehammer when you don't know what's really gone down.

He should be his own man abeg.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

You seem to remember history wrong. Please, go back and check again. Plenty of data available. Let's not guess. Let's use facts.
Emery went on a 22 games unbeaten streak after laying down the law. His formula was simple: We will create our goals through the wings, which Belerin, Kola and Iwobi did admirably . Arsenal was indeed doing very well into January 2019. Remember where Arsenal was in January 2019 and who was playing, who was sitting home. Remember that?
Then Emery tried to get ride of some players in the January 2019 window, so Emery could boaster the roster. There was money only for Dennis Suarez ...
The board didn't help him with that move. And some players refused to go on loan.
At that point, the next move should have been to pay off the underperforming players to leave the club. Period. Full stop.

The Arsenal board refused to go that route. Arsenal didn't want to lose their $350k/week investment on the cheap.
Emery was "forced" to re-integrate some of these players back into the team ... this is when the end of the Emery era started.
The team underperformed the second half of 2019 and has been poor ever since. Arsenal Missed out on top 4. Lost the Europa Cup.
Emery's Arsenal has not recovered since.
Please, remember history well ...

bepanda
cchinukw wrote: I seem to remember Emery laying the law when he first signed on for the manager job. On fact it could be said the players saw through his obvious vendetta against Ozil.

It could play either way and some managers know how to handle this well.

Look at Mourinho and Pogba and how that played out. Look at Mourinhi at Real Madrid and how that played out.

The most important thing like he is saying is to bring the energy levels up and give everyone a fresh start.

No need coming in with a sledgehammer when you don't know what's really gone down.

He should be his own man abeg.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Congratulations to Arteta , unlike Unai, we have nothing to judge him by historically so this is so to say a clean slate. :clap: :clap: :clap:

God speed to him.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

I like this appointment.

Congratulations, Mikel. Welcome back to The Arsenal FC. Wishing you the very best.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

Just watched Arteta's first interview on Arsenal and i have to say I was impressed. He seems to know what needs to be done and he is under no illusion of the work ahead of him.
Well he's talked the talk, I wish him all the best in walking the walk. He was definitely not my first nor even second choice sef but I'm willing to give him this season and next to see what he is all about on the pitch.

Good luck! Let's go Gunners!
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.