Liverpool FC - News, Developments and All Seasons

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Liverpool - Football Thread

Post by danfo driver »

MYMIND wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 4:44 am
Alategun wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 4:24 am We need help in midfield. A really good energetic box to box midfielder will help. Hendo, Milner , Tiago getting old and Keita is injury prone.
Need midfielders that have an eye for GOAL, not just a pass.
AlatEgungun be kiaful na express you dey go! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

theDunamis wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 6:10 am
ohenhen1 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 2:47 am Steven Gerrard tried.

But Liverpool has still had a better season than City especially if they win the CL.

Correct. If Liverpool close out this incredible season with a CL title, it will have been a very huge season for them and the most successful team this season across Europe. If they lose to Real in the CL final again though, it will have been a very disappointing end to an incredible season.
DuduNaMiss Road, how far? :D :woot:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Alategun wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 4:24 am We need help in midfield. A really good energetic box to box midfielder will help. Hendo, Milner , Tiago getting old and Keita is injury prone.

Fabio Carvalho signing announced today.

I understand this is a first team player, at the top end of the midfield
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

txj wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 3:55 pm

And rumours of Tchouameni still persist...
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 5:42 pm

Does the rumor of the fumble fourble still persist? :D
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Some reports about Madrid's interest.

Plus reports of potential interest in PSV's Sangare

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

txj wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 10:57 pm

Yeah, this Mbappe thing has thrown everything asunder. His reported deal is ridiculous, but good for him.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The YeyeMan wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:41 pm
txj wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 10:57 pm

Yeah, this Mbappe thing has thrown everything asunder. His reported deal is ridiculous, but good for him.

Yeah, thrown them a proper monkey wrench….

Happy for him. But for me, PSG is no longer a football club….

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:D
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Some coaches win trophies immediately, while another needs 5 years, dentist appointment and 500 million :lol:

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:40 am Twerking for his master. :D

The Carabao Cup is harder to win than this nonsense trophy. :rotf: :rotf:
awww Karabawoni? some people need 500 million, 5 years and a dental appointment to win a trophy. Why? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Feeling I have is that Mane will leave...

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

txj wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:55 pm

Not sure tbh. Would love him to stay. He's unlocked a new part of his game in that central role.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The YeyeMan wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 11:57 pm
txj wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:55 pm

Not sure tbh. Would love him to stay. He's unlocked a new part of his game in that central role.

Agreed. He's not having to run past defenders from out wide anymore, but he is increasingly adept at finding pockets of space in the middle...

Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Predictions for tomorrow ? I think pool wins this 2-1 . unless una majorly choke.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:51 pm Predictions for tomorrow ? I think pool wins this 2-1 . unless una majorly choke.
I hope. But Vinicius Jr., even though his brain is very small, will have a field day with Trent. Trent will have to be very alert today, and Salah will have to do double duty helping out on that side. E nwerem confident na van Dijk will handle Benz most of the day. But if Vini is causing kata-kata on that left, anything can happen.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:51 pm Predictions for tomorrow ? I think pool wins this 2-1 . unless una majorly choke.
I want Liverpool to win, but I suspect it will be a 3-1 Madrid win. In fact Liverpool will probably be winning 1-0 until the 87th minute. Mane, Salah and co will miss loads of very, very good chances and then :mrgreen:

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

ohsee wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 3:20 pm
I hope. But Vinicius Jr., even though his brain is very small, will have a field day with Trent. Trent will have to be very alert today, and Salah will have to do double duty helping out on that side. E nwerem confident na van Dijk will handle Benz most of the day. But if Vini is causing kata-kata on that left, anything can happen.
Salah will have to be more generous and accurate with his passes upfront for Liverpool to maximize their opportunities. I hope he lets bygones be bygones with the Man(e) who denied him both an AFCON cup and a WC appearance in under the space of 6 months :mrgreen:

Wha choo looking at?!
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 3:30 pm
ohsee wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 3:20 pm
Salah will have to be more generous and accurate with his passes upfront for Liverpool to maximize their opportunities. I hope he lets bygones be bygones with the Man(e) who denied him both an AFCON cup and a WC appearance in under the space of 6 months :mrgreen:
:D
We can only hope. But you know Salah....
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Konate, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Henderson, Thiago, Diaz, Salah, Mane.

Subs: Kelleher, Milner, Keita, Firmino, Gomez, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jones, Minamino, Jota, Tsimikas, Matip, Elliott.

Big show of confidence in Konate. Let's go RedMen! YNWA....
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Thiago pulled out. Keita in

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

txj wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:47 pm Thiago pulled out. Keita in

Maybe not…

Problems getting into the stadium.

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Kickoff delayed a further 15mins