Liverpool FC - News, Developments and All Seasons

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Liverpool - Football Thread

Post by txj »

Is Keita, Thiago and Fabinho now the starting MF combo for Liverpool?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

txj wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:29 pm
Alategun wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:51 pm
txj wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:03 pm So much City centered analysis especially on US TV.

After the game at the Etihad Klopp spoke about the need to improve when the team had possession. That was the difference today, even while recognizing that City was not as fresh as LFC
Having Naby and Tiago in midfield helped. And Fabinho and the underrated Trent were superb. Yep I said it, he is so good he is often understated. And the speed in the front 3 means Ciry had to be cautious.

Navy ran them to the ground. They got closer to Bernardo and nullified the tactics of dropping him deep. I thought that the role of Grealish in CM did not help them
I saw that right from the start. Naby was all over Bernardo and Trent nullified Folden. Diaz playing helped keep cancelo busy. Perfect game plan. Might have been tighter if KDB had played.
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

txj wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:01 am Is Keita, Thiago and Fabinho now the starting MF combo for Liverpool?
It should be fitness permitting and rotation. Henderson can play 2 positions which means 4 players for 3 midfield places.
Jones available too. And of course old man Milner. Ox is out of rotation completely and it will be next season for
Elliot
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

txj wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:01 am Is Keita, Thiago and Fabinho now the starting MF combo for Liverpool?
Should be. You and I have been waiting for this midfield combo - seen them twice now (Benfica and Man City) and for me it's obvious they should be the first choice three in big games. Or games where the opposition is technically gifted (e.g. City, Real, Chelsea).

Vs United tomorrow I expect Henderson, Jones + 1 other to start.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Alategun wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:33 am
It should be fitness permitting and rotation. Henderson can play 2 positions which means 4 players for 3 midfield places.
Jones available too. And of course old man Milner. Ox is out of rotation completely and it will be next season for
Elliot
Hendo is not as good as Fab as 6; nor as good as Naby as 8. He should start to see fewer minutes from next season.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Complete performance all round.

Thiago....mensch..

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The interplay with Diaz is balletic...

kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

That 1st half was poetry in motion. Let them back in the game a bit in the 2nd half, but overall in cruise control.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

That 2nd goal na wa....

Mané, take a bow.

That game was too easy. Thiago was playing a different sport.

Everton next.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

That was a top performance. Everyone deserved an applause but pick of the bunch was Mane and Tiago. What a time to be Liverpool fan. YNWA...
MYMIND
Egg
Egg

Post by MYMIND »

We go again in 5 minutes with my preferred midfield trio: Keita, Thiago and Fabinho
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

Everton frustrating Liverpool..
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Sooooopa, super Frank x3
Super Frankie Lampard.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

And may that be the last time we play Everton for a long time. Despicable team.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

Take the points and run.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

The YeyeMan wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:49 pm And may that be the last time we play Everton for a long time. Despicable team.
You want them relegated?
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

I was hoping Everton somehow escape relegation but thinking back on all their antics not just today's game, and their fans hoping City beat them this year and 3 years ago so Liverpool doesn't win, I changed my mind. 3 years ago, they actually had a chance to qualify for champions league!
Good riddance really.
Anyway, Trent looked disinterested at times. VVD was screaming at him yo yo wide several times in the 2nd 1/2.
But games like these needs players like Diaz. And Keita to some extent even though he was below par today. Great win. Great effort to gut it out. Hope we can put together enough energy on Tuesday. Let's go RedMen! YNWA....
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

kajifu wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:08 pm
The YeyeMan wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:49 pm And may that be the last time we play Everton for a long time. Despicable team.
You want them relegated?
Absolutely.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Taking the full measure of Frank’s character, Everton are... The Despicables….

A bit leggy from the off….

Emery and Villarreal will be a slog…

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

The flaw in all men is greed. Having feasted on the spectacle yesterday, the first 45 at Anfield was akin to a soup starter with a strand of hair back stroking between the croutons at a supposedly Michelin 5 star establishment. Pale in comparison. Good luck to the both of them.

Back to Wolf Hall.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Coach wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:07 pm The flaw in all men is greed. Having feasted on the spectacle yesterday, the first 45 at Anfield was akin to a soup starter with a strand of hair back stroking between the croutons at a supposedly Michelin 5 star establishment. Pale in comparison. Good luck to the both of them.

Back to Wolf Hall.
Excuse us for playing measured, controlled football. :D
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The YeyeMan wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:12 pm
Coach wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:07 pm The flaw in all men is greed. Having feasted on the spectacle yesterday, the first 45 at Anfield was akin to a soup starter with a strand of hair back stroking between the croutons at a supposedly Michelin 5 star establishment. Pale in comparison. Good luck to the both of them.

Back to Wolf Hall.
Excuse us for playing measured, controlled football. :D

Yeah, the chaos; gimme the chaos :blushing:

I loved the performance; tight, controlled, intense, with variety in the attacking pattern of play, which kept a deep seated defence constantly in motion...

Gave Villareal nothing on the counter...

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Great news...

After earlier reports that Liverpool have opened talks to extend Jurgen Klopp‘s contract, the latest is that a deal has already been struck to keep him at Anfield until 2026.

The 2-0 win over Villarreal promised yet another glorious day basking in a Liverpool victory and it only got better for the Reds after reports emerged of new contract negotiations.

Klopp had been contracted until 2024 and has long made mention of taking a break from football after what would have been nine years at Anfield.

But that break is to be pushed back further as the Athletic’s David Ornstein has reported that Klopp put pen to paper on an extension on Thursday to keep him at the helm for a further four years.

With Klopp’s representative Marc Kosicke in town, as too FSG president Mike Gordon, the intention was clear after Klopp showed a willingness to extend his stay.

Crucially, assistant managers Pepijn Lijnders and Peter Krawietz are also “believed” to have joined Klopp in committing their future to the club.

There can be no overstating the significance of Klopp’s signature such is the way he has transformed Liverpool Football Club since arriving in October 2015.

The 54-year-old has masterminded Liverpool’s return to the top and understands all that it is to lead the club both on and off the field.

A contract until 2026 means Klopp will be at the helm for at least 11 years, making him Liverpool’s fourth longest-serving manager in history.

The news may not be received as kindly outside of Liverpool’s four walls but you can bet there are millions rejoicing at more successful years ahead with Klopp leading from the front.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2022/04/j ... ntil-2026/