Liverpool FC - News, Developments and All Seasons

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Liverpool - Football Thread

Post by The YeyeMan »

txj wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 4:26 pm
The YeyeMan wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 11:15 am
txj wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 1:13 am
The YeyeMan wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 1:02 am
txj wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 9:56 pm Sadio Mane, what a player!!!
Incredible. He's one that always shows up. Great turn around for the 2nd half by the team.

And he had to do it with zero protection from the ref; repeatedly kicked from behind by Albiol...

Still not sure how they were successfully bushwacked in the first half.

Credit to Emery and Villareal but as soon as the 2hf started, you could see his players were not able to sustain the intensity...
The moment I saw Naby picking up the ball in the half space and connecting to the forward line I knew we'd make our way back into the game.

Yeah, was like magic. Suddenly the spaces started popping up everywhere.

Perhaps because of his emphasis on the human/mentality side of the game, its not often spoken about, the level of his tactical management of the game.
But Klopp felt the situation turn when Naby Keïta did likewise on to a pass into a seam of space. The midfielder had Sadio Mané in front of him, plus others, including Díaz and, at last, Liverpool were looking forward.

“We turned and we were running with four or five players towards their last line,” Klopp said. “Honestly, when I saw we could turn with the ball and for the first time pass through their line, I knew we had a good chance to turn it around.”

It felt like a relatively small moment – not as eye-catching, for example, as Díaz’s menace. But when a team have a style as well-grooved as that of Liverpool, a way which works, which they all know does work and will continue to work, it does not take much for the certainty to return.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... ague-final
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

..expecting a tough game vs Spurs
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

txj wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 5:02 pm ..expecting a tough game vs Spurs
Same, fella. Same.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

As expected tough game. Really good setup from Spurs for a predominantly transition game.

Not enough invention up top by LFC for this kind of deep seating tactic.
Advantage remains with City.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

I thought Origi in for Mane at 75 minutes would have been a good call. Henderson should always rest at 65 minutes. Can't carry tires Henderson and Fabinho on the field together after 65 minutes in a game like this. Whatever happened to Jota?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Good point for the Mersey, have City recovered from the mare in Madrid? The Toon may have come too soon.
kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

I think we have blown it with that draw with Spurs. Oh well, the quadruple was fun whilst it lasted. Now to concentrate on the other 2 cups.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

will you guys win the fumble.. i mean, fourble? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Last edited by danfo driver on Sun May 08, 2022 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Coach wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 2:10 am Good point for the Mersey, have City recovered from the mare in Madrid? The Toon may have come too soon.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Oloshi village literature teacher! :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Double entendre. The Toon did indeed come too soon from a Liverpudlian perspective.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Someone who couldn't fix his mouth to say pim for months has returned to make noise. The coward! :rotf:
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Foregone conclusion it is not. West Ham will not be a stroll in the park at the Olympic Park. Wolves away could be a long night.

Villa have nothing to play for, should be a comfortable innings for Pool. As long as Liverpool don’t drop any more points, they’re still well in.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 6:17 pm Someone who couldn't fix his mouth to say pim for months has returned to make noise. The coward! :rotf:
How many trophies una go win this season? I heard it will be a fumble fourble! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: we dey look! Shebi you were shaking your breast for Cristao last week-- "you should worry about playing us." :woot: :woot:
How market? they went to Anfield, they saw you, they played you and put you in your place -- right behind City! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

danfo driver wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 10:14 pm
The YeyeMan wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 6:17 pm Someone who couldn't fix his mouth to say pim for months has returned to make noise. The coward! :rotf:
How many trophies una go win this season? I heard it will be a fumble fourble! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: we dey look! Shebi you were shaking your breast for Cristao last week-- "you should worry about playing us." :woot: :woot:
How market? they went to Anfield, they saw you, they played you and put you in your place -- right behind City! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We actually went top after the Spurs game you dummy. :lol: :lol: :lol:
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 2:30 am
danfo driver wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 10:14 pm
We actually went top after the Spurs game you dummy. :lol: :lol: :lol:
yes you did! and now you are top of the league! Yayyyyy you are top of the League!! yayyyy!! oooppps :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Looking forward to the fourble! Shebi your Daddy, Stevie G, will give you guys the 3 points today? After all, he needs to repay you guys for that slip #demba :lol: :lol: :lol:
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

When the story of Liverpool's 2021/22 season is written, there will be an entire chapter on Luis Diaz.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Advantage Liverpool. One word. West Ham. Do City have what it takes to scale Mount Olympus?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

An important win...
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

An important win. Allison oils have been better off not saving that offside attempt. Any rule that gives you a disadvantage from making a good save should be scrapped. Linesman even had the benefit of the cut of the grass and still got it wrong. Should have flagged as soon as Allison made the save. Madness. Anyway, we go again Saturday. Massive game. Hope Fab is ok. YNWA....
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:40 pm An important win...
Very important towards the fourble. :D :lol:
chopachop
Egg
Egg

Post by chopachop »

Coach wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:23 pm Advantage Liverpool. One word. West Ham. Do City have what it takes to scale Mount Olympus?
Albeit, shortlived advantage.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Don’t underestimate Wolves, even more so north of the wall. Even the dire can be stark beasts.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Coach wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:09 pm Don’t underestimate Wolves, even more so north of the wall. Even the dire can be stark beasts.
ECoachiemo Ejiofor, I see you are supporting your baby daddy, TxJ, in his attempt for a foursome... sorry, i mean, fourble :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: