Liverpool FC - News, Developments and All Seasons

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg
Re: Liverpool - Football Thread

Post by Sleaky72 »

Chief my maternal grandpa was on the books of Athletico Bilbao.
My mother is 100% percent Basque so please stop making judgements on people. Cuz I love the EPL doesn’t mean I don’t
appreciate the game elsewhere.

Anyway at least you acknowledge you made an error but since you have the wrong date pray tell who was the false 9 in whatever year you claimed he played it at Barca. Can’t wait to see this.
txj wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:56 pm Not in the Liverpool system. he is not...

I got the date he left Barca wrong, but the point remains the false 9 dates back to his barcelona days. It may be new to EPL fans like you, but its not an innovation in 2021.

Also, I never said he is not an innovator.

I said he's become a 'fantasy manager' since leaving Munich.

Sleaky72 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:41 pm So Bobby Firmino is not a line leading front line striker?
What has he been throughout his career?
Just because he plays different roles to accommodate
Salah and Mane doesn’t mean he isn’t a striker … be serious Chief.
I’m beginning to wonder if you actually understand what the False Nine position means …

Who did he use as his false 9 in 2013? He left IN 2012?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Again you miss the point.
I pointed out that if you say he is not an innovator, what dya call winning the EPL without a recognized striker after struggling at the beginning of the season.

I’m responding to you because you questioned whether he has been an innovator … bottom line is that he struggled at the beginning of last season, which led to many questions of his competence … ( there were even those questioning his ability to function without Arteta :rotf: :rotf: )

He changed and innovated and embraced playing without a striker and set records for consecutive wins and the rest is history. Sorry my friend but you are in error here IMHO.

What do you think Bobby Firmino is at Liverpool?
Besides, the false striker was used by him in 2013 at Barca. Its not new....

When you spend 250m in search of fullbacks, that's not innovation...

When you are looking to spend 150m to sign Harry Kane rather than develop Ferran Torres whom you spent 25m on, that's not innovation...
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Seriously?

Sleaky72 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:22 pm Chief my maternal grandpa was on the books of Athletico Bilbao.
My mother is 100% percent Basque so please stop making judgements on people. Cuz I love the EPL doesn’t mean I don’t
appreciate the game elsewhere.

Anyway at least you acknowledge you made an error but since you have the wrong date pray tell who was the false 9 in whatever year you claimed he played it at Barca. Can’t wait to see this.
txj wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:56 pm Not in the Liverpool system. he is not...

I got the date he left Barca wrong, but the point remains the false 9 dates back to his barcelona days. It may be new to EPL fans like you, but its not an innovation in 2021.

Also, I never said he is not an innovator.

I said he's become a 'fantasy manager' since leaving Munich.

Sleaky72 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:41 pm So Bobby Firmino is not a line leading front line striker?
What has he been throughout his career?
Just because he plays different roles to accommodate
Salah and Mane doesn’t mean he isn’t a striker … be serious Chief.
I’m beginning to wonder if you actually understand what the False Nine position means …

Who did he use as his false 9 in 2013? He left IN 2012?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Again you miss the point.
I pointed out that if you say he is not an innovator, what dya call winning the EPL without a recognized striker after struggling at the beginning of the season.

I’m responding to you because you questioned whether he has been an innovator … bottom line is that he struggled at the beginning of last season, which led to many questions of his competence … ( there were even those questioning his ability to function without Arteta :rotf: :rotf: )

He changed and innovated and embraced playing without a striker and set records for consecutive wins and the rest is history. Sorry my friend but you are in error here IMHO.

What do you think Bobby Firmino is at Liverpool?
Besides, the false striker was used by him in 2013 at Barca. Its not new....

When you spend 250m in search of fullbacks, that's not innovation...

When you are looking to spend 150m to sign Harry Kane rather than develop Ferran Torres whom you spent 25m on, that's not innovation...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Anyway Chief I’m just gonna move on.
Let’s just say we have differing opinions on Pep.
No sweat …
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Sleaky72 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:12 pm Anyway Chief I’m just gonna move on.
No sweat …

Just to humor you, he first used it in the super classico May 2 2009 with Messi moving into the role from about the 10th minute, switching with Eto'o; the Cameroonian going to the right and Henry on the left.

That was the 6-2 game.

This is widely publicized and there are multiple stories about it, including the documentary- take the ball, pass the ball.

In some Barca circles, a lot of credit is given to the late Tito Villanova for this idea.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

txj wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:22 pm
No sweat …

Just to humor you, he first used it in the super classico May 2 2009 with Messi moving into the role from about the 10th minute, switching with Eto'o; the Cameroonian going to the right and Henry on the left.

That was the 6-2 game.

This is widely publicized and there are multiple stories about it, including the documentary- take the ball, pass the ball.

In some Barca circles, a lot of credit is given to the late Tito Villanova for this idea.

You just don’t know when to quit right? :laugh:
I could so pick apart everything you’ve said but I’ll just leave you be … have a great day
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Sleaky72 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:33 pm
txj wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:22 pm
No sweat …

That was the 6-2 game.

You just don’t know when to quit right? :laugh:
I could so pick apart everything you’ve said but I’ll just leave you be … have a great day
Go ahead let's hear your version chap, sounds like it will be interesting.
If I'm not mistaken i also remember hearing about about Pep's no striker formation during the times of David Villa, i would also love to hear the real truth behind that
Thanks
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:21 pm
The YeyeMan wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:21 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:06 am Liverpool's defense is horrible. They were carved easily today. Couldn't defeat the two top teams they faced while playing at home..dropped points vs Brentford etc...I can't wait for Afcon to see how they struggle without Mo and Mane. Best team ko best team ni
Easy to have a tight defence when you play a home game with 10 men behind the ball like Tommy Tuchel.

Football heritage. :lol:
and all pool could do was score from a PK. shebi Mane , and Salah will be off to AFCON, let us see how una go get exposed
They're scheduled to miss two league games in that period - away to Palace and home to Brentford. So yes, let's see... :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The YeyeMan wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:03 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:21 pm
The YeyeMan wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:21 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:06 am Liverpool's defense is horrible. They were carved easily today. Couldn't defeat the two top teams they faced while playing at home..dropped points vs Brentford etc...I can't wait for Afcon to see how they struggle without Mo and Mane. Best team ko best team ni
Easy to have a tight defence when you play a home game with 10 men behind the ball like Tommy Tuchel.

Football heritage. :lol:
and all pool could do was score from a PK. shebi Mane , and Salah will be off to AFCON, let us see how una go get exposed
They're scheduled to miss two league games in that period - away to Palace and home to Brentford. So yes, let's see... :D
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Thanks for posting a game Liverpool didn't lose and had enough chances to win easily. Well done.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

Liverpool 2-0 against Watford. Troost and Dennis playing against a masterclass
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Watford looks rubbish
kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

Unbelievable Salah goal
kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

5-0 against Watford. Easy win.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Liverpool VS Atletico what a game,Suarez on the bench,Liverpool leading 2-1
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

2-2 Liverpool in trouble,
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

If Liverpool play like t his on sunday Manu might just bounce back with clean victory
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

If Liverpool no win now with a man advantage then they are not serious like beloved
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Liverpool should have controlled the game better after going 2-0 up but....!

To win at the Wanda is an incredible achievement in front of their fans with Simeone winding everyone up. Sweet!
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

what a disgrace Atleti and Simeone are to football.

I understand being competitive but this level of shithousery just takes the cake...

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

txj wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:37 pm what a disgrace Atleti and Simeone are to football.

I understand being competitive but this level of shithousery just takes the cake...
Total embarrassment. Felt great to beat them.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The YeyeMan wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:21 pm Liverpool should have controlled the game better after going 2-0 up but....!

To win at the Wanda is an incredible achievement in front of their fans with Simeone winding everyone up. Sweet!

Team almost seemed shocked to be two up and then stopped playing and lost the control they had, and was lucky not to be down by the end of the half.

Settled into the game with Fab on...

But atleti are a different level on cynicism.

Bad as they were today, their antics vs Bilbao was other worldy...

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

txj wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:37 pm what a disgrace Atleti and Simeone are to football.

Liverpool was thoroughly outplayed by Atleti up to the point Griezman got a red card.

I think Atleti found a weakness in Liverpool's tactics and this should be of significant concern to Klopp

The win was rather fortunate and folks should not overlook the issues it raised about Pool's vulnerability at the back
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

YUJAM wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:32 am

Liverpool was thoroughly outplayed by Atleti up to the point Griezman got a red card.

I think Atleti found a weakness in Liverpool's tactics and this should be of significant concern to Klopp

The win was rather fortunate and folks should not overlook the issues it raised about Pool's vulnerability at the back

Not sure what game you watched. I know you are a La Liga fan, but common...

Liverpool bossed the first part of the game and deservedly went into a two goal lead, and then lost focus and a resurgent atleti made them pay, and frankly should've ended the half ahead.

2HF, LFC reshaped with Fabinho on for Keita and started to cover the gaps in MF. Two saves from Oblak denied liverpool a go ahead goal and on the other side Allison denied Carrasco.

Then came the red card and the game turned in favor of 'pool until the end...