Liverpool FC - News, Developments and All Seasons

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Liverpool - Football Thread

Post by mcal »

...and just like that, 2-2
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

I am sensing Diaz time...
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

Took longer than I expected but Diaz now on for Jota.
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

2- 2 in Anfield

2-2 at the Etihad

It will not end that way in Wembley.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Much better 2hf. Good point on the road.

Frankly expected better organization in defence.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

txj wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:46 pm Much better 2hf. Good point on the road.

For 20 or so minutes, otherwise played off the park for the bulk of the offings. Very, very good point on the road.
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

The offside rule infuriates me. It helped lead to panic in our defense. A lot of the "almost goals" by city in 1st half were actually offside and because it didn't lead to goals, were never checked. There was an offside before the corner that led to City's second goal. But all in all, a draw is not the worst. We have to change it up a little for Saturday. Need maybe one more press resistant midfielder in there. We break their press and attack them with our superior forwards. VVD and Allison were surprisingly nervy and Fabinho was flat footed in the 1st half. Salah and Mane worked their socks off.
We go again Wednesday. YNWA....
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

txj wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:46 pm Much better 2hf. Good point on the road.

City's press was very good. Our defenders rarely had time to breath. Rare to see even the likes of VVD struggle to compose themselves.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Alategun wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:19 pm The offside rule infuriates me. It helped lead to panic in our defense. A lot of the "almost goals" by city in 1st half were actually offside and because it didn't lead to goals, were never checked. There was an offside before the corner that led to City's second goal. But all in all, a draw is not the worst. We have to change it up a little for Saturday. Need maybe one more press resistant midfielder in there. We break their press and attack them with our superior forwards. VVD and Allison were surprisingly nervy and Fabinho was flat footed in the 1st half. Salah and Mane worked their socks off.

Couldn't agree more. The conventional narrative is that they were "played off the park" until you subject it to serious analysis.

But it was that slow start again...

As much as the midfield is maligned, City's best moments came from bypassing the midfield and attacking the high line.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

The high-wire act indeed…
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

txj wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:43 am
Alategun wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:19 pm The offside rule infuriates me. It helped lead to panic in our defense. A lot of the "almost goals" by city in 1st half were actually offside and because it didn't lead to goals, were never checked. There was an offside before the corner that led to City's second goal. But all in all, a draw is not the worst. We have to change it up a little for Saturday. Need maybe one more press resistant midfielder in there. We break their press and attack them with our superior forwards. VVD and Allison were surprisingly nervy and Fabinho was flat footed in the 1st half. Salah and Mane worked their socks off.

Couldn't agree more. The conventional narrative is that they were "played off the park" until you subject it to serious analysis.

But it was that slow start again...

As much as the midfield is maligned, City's best moments came from bypassing the midfield and attacking the high line.
City were very vertical - played more long balls than they typically do - more than Liverpool in yesterday's game.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

crazy game at Anfield..

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

txj wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:56 pm crazy game at Anfield..
Yes though I was never worried about not qualifying.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Crazy game indeed. I typically watch game again but won't be watching this again.
We go again Saturday. YNWA
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

what a goal by Carvalho. The awareness of space and the movement’s a joy to watch…

Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

3-0 at 1/2 time. Quality on the ball with Trent, Tiago and Diaz is amazing. Mane 2 goals already. Don't let up. Keep it at least 3 goals and make changes for United on Tuesday
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Tense at the end. Enough time to rest for Tuesday. We go again. Congratulations RedMen. YNWA.
kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

Nervy at the end but thank God we got through.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

theDunamis wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:38 pm 2- 2 in Anfield

2-2 at the Etihad

It will not end that way in Wembley.
:D
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

Really low-quality game this one. And only Pep can understand what Pep was doing.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

So much City centered analysis especially on US TV.

After the game at the Etihad Klopp spoke about the need to improve when the team had possession. That was the difference today, even while recognizing that City was not as fresh as LFC

Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

txj wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:03 pm So much City centered analysis especially on US TV.

After the game at the Etihad Klopp spoke about the need to improve when the team had possession. That was the difference today, even while recognizing that City was not as fresh as LFC
Having Naby and Tiago in midfield helped. And Fabinho and the underrated Trent were superb. Yep I said it, he is so good he is often understated. And the speed in the front 3 means Ciry had to be cautious.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Alategun wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:51 pm
txj wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:03 pm So much City centered analysis especially on US TV.

Having Naby and Tiago in midfield helped. And Fabinho and the underrated Trent were superb. Yep I said it, he is so good he is often understated. And the speed in the front 3 means Ciry had to be cautious.

Navy ran them to the ground. They got closer to Bernardo and nullified the tactics of dropping him deep. I thought that the role of Grealish in CM did not help them